Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,142 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889072 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femi9naija(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
M about changing the engine of my i4 2000 Honda Accord babyboy, what is the recommended engine oil rating to use from now on?
What's the best transmission fluid to use for it? As Hondas are very delicate about gears.
Just got the car used from a friend
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mrayosexy: 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
hello guys.

am loving this thread.

thanks for all the information.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sabams08: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Civic 2006 consuming alot fuel, did a scan and the following error code came out. Please help

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
sabams08:
Civic 2006 consuming alot fuel, did a scan and the following error code came out. Please help

Location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sabams08: 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
kingreign:

Location?

Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
sabams08:

Abuja

Contact mike in abuja for a fix. 234 703 458 1213
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sabams08: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Contact mike in abuja for a fix. 234 703 458 1213

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2016
sabams08:

The obvious fuel consumption culprit is the Oxygen sensor on the heater (catalyst).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2016
Please can someone help out with my query?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
ease how much can I see a good automatic gearbox for Honda Accord 2004 i4 engine. I need an approximate or exact price so I know where to buy from
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by morbash: 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please how do I get the radio code for my Honda pilot 2004 model?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by micklplus(m): 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Luvinhubby please, can you give prices of the below listed items for Honda Accord 2007?

Gear box mountain
Upper ball joints
oil seal
exhaust mountain
engine cover seal
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iyisco2001(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
So I rang @ oga GAZZUZZ, number in the morning yesterday complaining of my fan running all the time and fuel consumption a little bit high cos I believe my fan control switch has been shorted.
He said diagnosis is #5000.
I agreed and I came down, he insisted that he was only gonna check the fan switch at that #5000, cos I mentioned a few other things, I accepted sha.
Baba fixed the job 2mins. Tested it and said my car is ready, now to collect money, him no gree again.
I was stunned. Few minutes ago, he insisted #5000, and now, he said no again. I had to forcefully drop some sha as mineral money.
I am just appreciating the fact that he did the job at no cost and even enlightening me on other stuff.

Although he didn't tell me what he or how he fixed it, I was even too caught off guard to ask, I'll call him later to even ask or on my next visit to him.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
iyisco2001:
So I rang @ oga GAZZUZZ, number in the morning yesterday complaining of my fan running all the time and fuel consumption a little bit high cos I believe my fan control switch has been shorted.
I agreed and I came down, he insisted that he was only gonna check the fan switch at that #5000, cos I mentioned a few other things, I accepted sha.
Baba fixed the job 2mins. Tested it and said my car is ready, now to collect money, him no gree again.
I was stunned. Few minutes ago, he insisted #5000, and now, he said no again. I had to forcefully drop some sha as mineral money.
I am just appreciating the fact that he did the job at no cost and even enlightening me on other stuff.

Although he didn't tell me what he or how he fixed it, I was even too caught off guard to ask, I'll call him later to even ask or on my next visit to him.
I will be reasonable...
Do not visit butcher-mechanics again. I will collect the remaining money if you do...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
iyisco2001:

You have been a bad student, Go back to page 84.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4217102_img2016090900229_jpegedab6022d0beadbfd723c09a03e96a84 .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4217104_img2016090900231_jpeg494c1e3aaad1dacec6ace6fed8d72189

I give free lectures here, but if you come again, I will collect your money tongue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iyisco2001(m): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You have been a bad student, Go back to page 84.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4217102_img2016090900229_jpegedab6022d0beadbfd723c09a03e96a84 .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4217104_img2016090900231_jpeg494c1e3aaad1dacec6ace6fed8d72189

I give free lectures here, but if you come again, I will collect your money tongue
grin
Yes sir.
Anyways thanks man.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Irwindickson(m): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
Can atf z1 be used on Honda pilot 2004 transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 12:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Conner44:
ease how much can I see a good automatic gearbox for Honda Accord 2004 i4 engine. I need an approximate or exact price so I know where to buy from
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:30am On Sep 25, 2016
Irwindickson:
Can atf z1 be used on Honda pilot 2004 transmission?

No it cannot be used.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sheyishay: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2016
I need advice please.what tyre spec can i use for my honda accord 2004 model.the rim is 15R.the current tyre spec is 205.i want something bigger that will size Rim 15.thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
sheyishay:
I need advice please.what tyre spec can i use for my honda accord 2004 model.the rim is 15R.the current tyre spec is 205.i want something bigger that will size Rim 15.thank you.
Hello sheyishay,
There is a calculation on a thread on tyre sizing. Modifications are not to exceed 2.5%, after converting inches to mm and dividing upandan. Why do you want to lift your car?
Do you have the manual? Download for free online.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Marpol:
My 2003 Honda Accord V6 automatic sometimes have issues getting the gear out of parking position. Most times after depressing the brake repeatedly, it will release. If it doesn't I have to use the shift lock to get it into the drive position.

The transmission works well. Just getting it out of park is the headache. Any suggestions please.
Bro.
The culprit is brake switch, u may figure out that brake light cnt illuminate if the gear knob didnt engage.
Change or repair it, the prblm wil b solve immediately
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2016
Eco2580:

Bro.
The culprit is brake switch, u may figure out that brake light cnt illuminate if the gear knob didnt engage.
Change or repair it, the prblm wil b solve immediately

Bro you are responding to a post made Aug 10 2014 grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Bro you are responding to a post made Aug 10 2014 grin
Yes o grin.
There may be some gentlemen who still has the same problem.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sinorte: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Kudos to all the e-engineers we have here. You all are doing a great job.

I just acquired a naija used Honda EOD EX 2005 model, and I hope you can help me with some issues I'm having with the car.

1. The engine does not start until after the 3rd or 4th crank. Please what do you think could be the problem and how much could it cost to fix it?
2. The braking system doesn't not work perfectly at first application. I always have to quickly release it then reapply for it to work, and even at that the braking is not smooth. Please what could be the problem and how much to fix it?
3. The audio CD players is showing 'MECHA ERROR' and would not accept CD. What's the way out please?
4. This car was registered in 2010 with the old registration number and has never had its papers renewed. Please how much would it cost to get the new registration number for the car and how do I go about it?

Thanks for your help.

GAZZUZZ
connkg
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
sinorte:
Kudos to all the e-engineers we have here. You all are doing a great job.

I just acquired a naija used Honda EOD EX 2005 model, and I hope you can help me with some issues I'm having with the car.

1. The engine does not start until after the 3rd or 4th crank. Please what do you think could be the problem and how much could it cost to fix it?
2. The braking system doesn't not work perfectly at first application. I always have to quickly release it then reapply for it to work, and even at that the braking is not smooth. Please what could be the problem and how much to fix it?
3. The audio CD players is showing 'MECHA ERROR' and would not accept CD. What's the way out please?
4. This car was registered in 2010 with the old registration number and has never had its papers renewed. Please how much would it cost to get the new registration number for the car and how do I go about it?

Thanks for your help.

GAZZUZZ
connkg

For the many cranks without start, scan vehicle, but if the check light is not illuminated when engine is running, replace fuel pump assembly complete.

The brakes, could be a failing brake master or abs pump. (I will go with the brake master)

CD player I cannot help you there. (I would replace the unit contact fogman)

Car registration, contact pattybf 08023138853
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nomaison(m): 6:07am On Sep 29, 2016
Good morning great Honda gurus. I have been having issues with my Honda Hala (1994) Automatic Gearing. It doesnt start until i shift it to D1 then to 2 and till i get to 4. Virtualy am changing the gears manually. I serviced the gear box severally and had to change from one ATF to another. I have even changed automatic gear sensors but still. At first after repairs, she will work well and gradually back to ground zero. I need advice pls. I was given the option of taking the Box for servicing again which am tired of doing, changing the whole engine with the Gear box and lastly buying the gear box and fixing it with the present engine on the car. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2016
nomaison:
Good morning great Honda gurus. I have been having issues with my Honda Hala (1994) Automatic Gearing. It doesnt start until i shift it to D1 then to 2 and till i get to 4. Virtualy am changing the gears manually. I serviced the gear box severally and had to change from one ATF to another. I have even changed automatic gear sensors but still. At first after repairs, she will work well and gradually back to ground zero. I need advice pls. I was given the option of taking the Box for servicing again which am tired of doing, changing the whole engine with the Gear box and lastly buying the gear box and fixing it with the present engine on the car. Thanks

CC: kashif
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
oga S Gazzuzz ,
i hail oo. please my car EOD 03 was accelerating without pressing the pedal.
i noticed this yesterday i started the car and reversed but the speed was too much. even without pressing the
pedal managed it home. but the accelaration kept increasing now that i cant try to removed the hand brake or drive the car.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
vicbussi:
oga S Gazzuzz ,
i hail oo. please my car EOD 03 was accelerating without pressing the pedal.
i noticed this yesterday i started the car and reversed but the speed was too much. even without pressing the
pedal managed it home. but the accelaration kept increasing now that i cant try to removed the hand brake or drive the car.

thank you

please stop using the car, until it is looked at by a technician even if it is a kazeem. There might be a vacuum leak, or butterfly stuck open. If you knew how to fix it I'm sure you will not make this post. It is a simple DIY but continued driving in this condition will cause overheating, transmission damage, rotor/ brake pad damage, and a host of other problems.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

please stop using the car, until it is looked at by a technician even if it is a kazeem. There might be a vacuum leak, or butterfly stuck open. If you knew how to fix it I'm sure you will not make this post. It is a simple DIY but continued driving in this condition will cause overheating, transmission damage, rotor/ brake pad damage, and a host of other problems.

thank you sir, I appreciate I left the until a kazeem checked it .he removed something and replace it . and in just 5 min is working normally.
but my OGA wht could have been the cause of that to mitigate such occurrence . as the guy can't give any explanation.thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
vicbussi:

thank you sir, I appreciate I left the until a kazeem checked it .he removed something and replace it . and in just 5 min is working normally.
but my OGA wht could have been the cause of that to mitigate such occurrence . as the guy can't give any explanation.thank you

* stiff throttle cable
* Dirty/stuck IACV
* Corroded intake opening
* Stiff throttle pedal
* Foreign Object suck between buttrfly e.g 0.
broken bits of air filter
* Massive intake leak
* Your village people toying with the destiny
of your car engine.
* Faulty Engine Ecu

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.