Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,081 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Tutorial - How To Remove History From Window Media Player - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tutorial - How To Remove History From Window Media Player (1166 Views)

Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player / How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / How To Remove Write Protection From Computer/flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tutorial - How To Remove History From Window Media Player by charlisco(m): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2006
To remove your history go to start -> run -> regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> software -> Microsoft -> Media Player -> Player -> RecentFileList. Select the files on the right window and right click to select delete.

if you find this tutorial help, kindly post your comment to encourage me to post more tip & tricks on computer
Re: Tutorial - How To Remove History From Window Media Player by Ynot(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2006
Thanks for the tip. However, i will suggest you add a 'warning' for folks who don't know anything about the Registry to backup before they delete anything as they might completely screw up their system. Registry is not a n00bs playground. Thanks again these tips help more than you know.

BTW can you come up with tips on Windows Prefetch command? What it is and how it can help.
Re: Tutorial - How To Remove History From Window Media Player by Zahymaka(m): 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2006
You don't need to do all that. Here's what I do:

Go to Tools -> Options in Windows Media Player. Click on the Privacy Tab.

At the very bottom you'll see a panel labeled History.

There's a checkbox you can use to enable or disable History, and you can use the two buttons to clear History and your caches for other devices.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Laptop / New Virus / Pc Problems.::get It Solved Now! (post Your Computer Faults And Problems Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.