Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Corrections Men Hate From Women! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Corrections Men Hate From Women! (13184 Views)

Men Hate Woman’s Body / Why Do Men Hate Platonic Relationship? / What Men Hate After They Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Jacobx007: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2012
can u just imagine? Table manners! Wetin concern u wit d way i eat! Fake oyibo.copy copy life.everytin abt todays woman is artificial.i don vex commot self!?
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Stallion77(f): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: here is what many may think after you tell them this:
- for 20/30 som' yrs, i ate this way, and here is this woman telling me that it is wrong? she dey craze?!
- table manners?! am i competing in the "table manners olympic"......expecting good marks and shiit?! she dey craze?!
- so when we were dating, engaged or even the day before marriage, she didnt see (or had any problem) that i was eating like that? you dey craze?!
- when i eat, the aim is to get the food in my stomach....mission accomplished!!! she dey craze?!
- if my eating habits disturb you that much, why dont you focus on your plate and stop looking at me instead? you dey craze?!
- so long as i do my duties as a good husband/father in this home, then who cares how i eat? you dey craze?!
- well funny that you should say that as i was wondering why YOU didnt hold your spoon the "great" way I did. is there something wrong with YOU?

LOL!!!!

many people hate such corrections because they have a difficulty accepting that they have been doing something wrong all their lives....while thinking all was great. also many really dont care about such issue and dont think they should change.

You be correct man...u know watz up.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Santi222(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Brand_new: ;DIt`s our EGO.
gotta check dis out
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by druid06(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
I think both parties in any form of a relationship should accept each other differences, quirks and habits. I don't know why women would want to change their guy's habit, it's not like we don't notice their own quirks and habits too but we ignore them. Let the guy eats however he wants to or hold the spoon whichever way he deems fit. I used to date a girl who farts in her sleep and I told her one morning, she was embarrassed but I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about. It was cute to me that she farts in her sleep because that made her imperfect as I am too because I snore in my sleep. She was my girlfriend and when I entered the relationship, I already agreed in my mind to love her just the way she is and not notice any habits that I might think irrelevant. Op, please do not try to correct him, if you mention to him once and he does not agree to change, leave him alone, the devil is just looking for a way to put a stumpy block in your relationship. Let sleeping dog lie.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by sucezTP(f): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
druid06: I think both parties in any form of a relationship should accept each other differences, quirks and habits. I don't know why women would want to change their guy's habit, it's not like we don't notice their own quirks and habits too but we ignore them. Let the guy eats however he wants to or hold the spoon whichever way he deems fit. I used to date a girl who farts in her sleep and I told her one morning, she was embarrassed but I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about. It was cute to me that she farts in her sleep because that made her imperfect as I am too because I snore in my sleep. She was my girlfriend and when I entered the relationship, I already agreed in my mind to love her just the way she is and not notice any habits that I might think irrelevant. Op, please do not try to correct him, if you mention to him once and he does not agree to change, leave him alone, the devil is just looking for a way to put a stumpy block in your relationship. Let sleeping dog lie.

Nice one there!
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Tropilo(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ninapha: Why do men hate corrections from women especially table manners. My hubby holds spoon in a very disgusting way and would never take any correction wether classic or rudimentary. My younger brother too talks while eating and would tell the wife he is the only one allowed to talk and eat so no corrections. Ladies, have u encountered this and men why are you sweeties like this.

Askor!!!
Mind your business and paddle your own canoe.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by saintugo(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:
It's like you want to divorce your husband because of the way he holds a spoon why eating. Is it your business? You women will be looking for trouble where there is none. When yawa gas now, you will tun to Nairaland to pour out your troublesome mind.
CHAI BROS U TOO MUCH IN SHORT U ARE ON POINT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by saintugo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
IbnTimothy:

Madam,
No man on earth will be confortable with you adding your ex on any social media, except the low self esteemed onces with a false sense of security.... or better still, the one just having a fling with you and don't really care who else you flirt with.

..... I think you need corrections more than him
GBAM U DON TALK AM FINISH
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:
It's like you want to divorce your husband because of the way he holds a spoon why eating. Is it your business? You women will be looking for trouble where there is none. When yawa gas now, you will tun to Nairaland to pour out your troublesome mind.
. Holy host fire. Dat kind divorce go be divorce of d century. Imagin sahara healine news: woman divorces husband over .......... Hahaahhahahahaha. Abeg back to sender.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by ochiaha1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
A hungery man you dey talk to about table manners

A hungery man is an angry man, dont add to the anger ohh grin
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by koolkamzzy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
druid06: I think both parties in any form of a relationship should accept each other differences, quirks and habits. I don't know why women would want to change their guy's habit, it's not like we don't notice their own quirks and habits too but we ignore them. Let the guy eats however he wants to or hold the spoon whichever way he deems fit. I used to date a girl who farts in her sleep and I told her one morning, she was embarrassed but I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about. It was cute to me that she farts in her sleep because that made her imperfect as I am too because I snore in my sleep. She was my girlfriend and when I entered the relationship, I already agreed in my mind to love her just the way she is and not notice any habits that I might think irrelevant. Op, please do not try to correct him, if you mention to him once and he does not agree to change, leave him alone, the devil is just looking for a way to put a stumpy block in your relationship. Let sleeping dog lie.

LOL @ bolded.

Bros be careful before this gal go use BOKO HARAM MESS scatter your house o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Loveaflame(m): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Is it really a big deal for an African man to chop like Oyinbo.Na wa for ds our wives.OK sha we go try to change.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by alpontif(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
IbnTimothy:

Madam,
No man on earth will be confortable with you adding your ex on any social media, except the low self esteemed onces with a false sense of security.... or better still, the one just having a fling with you and don't really care who else you flirt with.

..... I think you need corrections more than him

Whao.....so if i decide not to be annoyed or jealous because i trust my babe, even when she adds her ex on social sites, it means i have low self esteem...?....your psychological portrayal of the scenario is really fascinating.........ridiculously so.

So you mean its okay to be close marking your babe 24/7, and questioning her every move....is she in jail, or a relationship. if you cannot trust her why are you with her...?...if you are with her for the fuks, it doesnt make sense to be closemarking her, if you are with her for the long stretch...then you just have to trust her enough not to be questioning her every move.

It aint cool to show your jealousy, or to be jealous....if you are jealous ...then you must be doing something wrong.....or maybe you have esteem problems....and are in a state of denial of your esteem problems.

2 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by IbnTimothy: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
alpontif:

Whao.....so if i decide not to be annoyed or jealous because i trust my babe, even when she adds her ex on social sites, it means i have low self esteem...?....your psychological portrayal of the scenario is really fascinating.........ridiculously so.

So you mean its okay to be close marking your babe 24/7, and questioning her every move....is she in jail, or a relationship. if you cannot trust her why are you with her...?...if you are with her for the fuks, it doesnt make sense to be closemarking her, if you are with her for the long stretch...then you just have to trust her enough not to be questioning her every move.

It aint cool to show your jealousy, or to be jealous....if you are jealous ...then you must be doing something wrong.....or maybe you have esteem problems....and are in a state of denial of your esteem problems.

Which trust are you talking about? The real one from his heart or what you want your man to say?

If a person is in a relationship for sexual pleasure, he/she needs not be jealous. However, if he/she is in love especially when he/she wants marriage, jealousy is natural and very healthy. I will be worried if my spouse is not jealous about me adding my ex on facebook (that is if i am true to myself). For Christians, the bible acknowledges the jealousy associated with marital love (Songs of Solomon 8:6). Moderate jealousy for me is a sign that you trusts your spouse and doesn’t want him/her to get spoilt..... if I think you are a bad girl/guy, why worry?

Our problem is that we don't want the truth...... If you add your ex and your spouse does not complain, don't complain when he/she jilts you.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
Tropilo:

Askor!!!
grin
Tropilo:

Askor!!!
. Mehehhehh. I caught u too. Dat means you too dey paddle spoon inside mouth. Needless inviting u to this lunch with queen of england.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Loveaflame: Is it really a big deal for an African man to chop like Oyinbo.Na wa for ds our wives.OK sha we go try to change.
. You and Mrbrownjay dey make hubby win dis battle na. See as him dey read ur comment dey raise hand as winner. Small onyinbo no hurt na. Wetin!
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
saintugo: CHAI BROS U TOO MUCH IN SHORT U ARE ON POINT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
. No he is not on point. Though i mentioned my hubby and younger brother. My question is why men find it difficult to accept corrections given by their women and i emphasised on table manners. U in particular answer why u dont.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Elebiju: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
This really got me rolling on my back,well the only correction I reject from my lady is when she complains that I don't spare the fish head for her
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by waters2012: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
kulyie: I experience d same thing.last week my fiancee asked me y i accepted a friend request of someone he doesnt want me to talk to and i told him,am sorry,i forgot u asked me not to accept his friend request moreover it was over one yr ago dat he told me dat,and unfortunatly he didnt believe me he just said indeed and hung up on me,i called him back pointing his error to him dat he xalled me accusoin me of somtin which am guilty of and @ d same time judging me without even givin me a benefit of doubt to explain myself.@ least there is a reason 4 every action (forgetfullness inclusive) eventually he got offended and started actin up.he didnt talk to me for like 4 days,i called him to ask him y he has been acting up and he said i shoved d main issue dat caused our mini brawl under d carpet and started shouting and nagging.i felt so furious and frustrated,i just had to give up for d sake of peace. Now my question is :does it mean we ladies cannot correct our men when we feel dey av done somtin we are not happy with and find uncomfortable.should we always keep quiet when we find somethings dat are offensive our men do.

On the contrary, my girl friend has never corrected me, though I sometimes find some fault with myself and make adjustments. I always beg her to tell me each time am wrong cos I don't want to hurt her, yet she always says am okay. I give her time to talk after every discussion, but she always is on same page with me. We've dated for 2+ yrs now and had a minor disagreement only once. So u see, situations differ
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by sage2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Well, I will advice her to teach that to her kids and allow me to eat the way my Mama thought me. I no fit shout joo.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by kenono(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
klairekk:

Dats nt cool..abi u no b sharp guy?....if u truly luvd her guess talkin to ha wld av being great....morover relationship is suppose to b a platform for learnin.....

Women r lyk clay, U cn mould 'em ur way...dat part I enjoy...learnt u cnt get a girl dats 100%...haha...is this true?

I don't totally agree that women are like clay, if u study the xteristic of clay, u will see that women are so far from it, they assume they know it all most times, and it makes a man look like a fool.

Truly most men hardly take corrections but it also depends on how,when and where you give the correction.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by greatgod2012(f): 1:51am On Dec 10, 2012
Its not only about table manner, men seems to be too big to accept corrections from women, may be because of their ego, but few of them do really accept and appreciate it when given. It all depends on d personality and upbringing that d man has. Last week, i was correcting my hubby on a certain friend of his, that he should be careful with him having observed him for a while, u need to see how he screamed at me saying "are u d one to tell me who and how to relate?" i kept quite, after some hours, i explained what i observed concerning d guy,and he reasoned with me, so, sometimes, one has to look at d timing too.
May God help us all.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Callotti: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
BAD GRAMMAR! grin
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by baldman: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
I think the reason most men are usually careful about taking corrections from women is that women can be too much of a control freak and unless you make it clear that you won't have them telling you how to live your life, they will just keep pushing harder. The truth is, at the long run, a man's wife will change a lot about him anyway, older women have learnt subtle ways of driving home their points without causing disarray in the home. Correct wisely
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Datsme: 12:55pm On May 11, 2013
our problem is dat we are fond of accepting whateva d oyinbo man desinged for or brought to us as d correct way of doing things at d expense of our own culture. Who say oyinbo man no dey eat in d manner dey like?
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Exodora: 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
klairekk:

Dats nt cool..abi u no b sharp guy?....if u truly luvd her guess talkin to ha wld av being great....morover relationship is suppose to b a platform for learnin.....

Women r lyk clay, U cn mould 'em ur way...dat part I enjoy...learnt u cnt get a girl dats 100%...haha...is this true?

Keep deceiving yourself and in your small mind you think she is commanding, don't worry you will jam those pretender that after marriage they will show you fire.

1 Like

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Exodora: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
IbnTimothy:

why do women always like to turn themselves into the hubby's mother when they are getting tired of the marriage?
If I want a mother, I sure would have proposed to my mother instead ....

....I think discovering how 'disgusting' your husbands eating manners are is a sign that you are getting tired of him. Or maybe you are comparing him with you (admired) boss.

Maybe you should just go ahead and have a fling with that other guy and stop vexing your frustration on your sudenly 'disgusting' husband.

There is no sense in what you just said cause you will do same if you find any fault on her that is why two is better than one. Children learn fast and the funny part is that they learn the bad habit quick .Where am currently serving there are children who wash their plate with their tongues after eating which is not right probably they learn this from home and these are children from rich homes, their teachers have owned them severally if they are not satisfy they should come for more yet they prefer doing that.
Many of them travels abroad for their holiday so don't you think it will be embarrassing to the parents . And the teachers will be blamed cause they spend more time their teachers than their parents .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / What Jobs Can A Nigerian Teenager Living In Nigeria Do? Practical Suggestions Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.