Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare (739 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by kodred(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly has said that for Nigeria to witness successful general elections in 2015, issues such as corruption, violence and insecurity must be addressed.

Bakare said this at a news briefing on Sunday in Lagos.

“I seriously and fervently pray that it will not get to the stage of a people’s revolt before positive changes begin to happen in Nigeria.’’

“Without doubt, the catalogue of mismanagement of resources, the unbridled stealing of public funds and the bewildering exposure of the level of corruption in almost every arm of government is a cause for worry.

“For the nation not to crumble, is the reason for my message. This is no time for false accusations and counter accusations,’’ he said.

Bakare said that although President Goodluck Jonathan might be doing his best, the impact could not be felt because of the level of corruption in the country.

According to him, Jonathan deserves sympathy and prayers from the citizens.

Bakare said that whatever positive change might come to the nation would not be engineered by those benefitting from corruption.

“Positive change will only come from a breed without greed and a radical opposition to corruption.

“True genuine change can only come from those not infected by the present corruption malaise; it can only come from positive agents of social change who are totally sold out to public good,’’ he added.

However, Bakare said it was regrettable that those crying for change had yet to take up the challenge of bringing about that change.

On the possibility of contesting future elections, Bakare said: “I will be available to serve if my nation needs me.’’

Source: http://ascology.com/news/local-news/26436-President-Jonathan-should-just-quit-power---Pastor-Bakare.html
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by dasparrow: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
kodred: Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly has said that for Nigeria to witness successful general elections in 2015, issues such as corruption, violence and insecurity must be addressed.

Bakare said this at a news briefing on Sunday in Lagos.

“I seriously and fervently pray that it will not get to the stage of a people’s revolt before positive changes begin to happen in Nigeria.’’

“Without doubt, the catalogue of mismanagement of resources, the unbridled stealing of public funds and the bewildering exposure of the level of corruption in almost every arm of government is a cause for worry.

“For the nation not to crumble, is the reason for my message. This is no time for false accusations and counter accusations,’’ he said.

Bakare said that although President Goodluck Jonathan might be doing his best, the impact could not be felt because of the level of corruption in the country.

According to him, Jonathan deserves sympathy and prayers from the citizens.

Bakare said that whatever positive change might come to the nation would not be engineered by those benefitting from corruption.

“Positive change will only come from a breed without greed and a radical opposition to corruption.

“True genuine change can only come from those not infected by the present corruption malaise; it can only come from positive agents of social change who are totally sold out to public good,’’ he added.

However, Bakare said it was regrettable that those crying for change had yet to take up the challenge of bringing about that change.

On the possibility of contesting future elections, Bakare said: “I will be available to serve if my nation needs me.’’

Source: http:///iTLM3DjT

So can Bakare assure the Nigeian populace that if he (Bakare) is allowed to serve the nation, the corruption level in Nigeria will greatly reduce or disappear completely?
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by kodred(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2012
Its all talk if u ask me
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by PointB: 1:20am On Jul 23, 2012
This guy talks too much. How well has he served his Church?
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by Boazizzy08: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2012
Talk is cheap.you are a priest,you come to church,misplace your priorities, preach politics and incite violence. #God is watching you

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2012
Is it the same Jonathan he was cursing just some months back?
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by TechRev: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2012
Sorry but you dont cut it. If we need you?? You were needed to get us closer to salvation and ready for eternity, as your Lord Jesus Christ said "My kingdom is not of this world." But instead you use the opportunity to spread hate and try to advance your chances of ruling this nigeria earthly kingdom. We get killed in dozens and least you could do was to condemn our killers but you chose to shut up. You are already failing in your present assignment, what makes you think we will believe you will perform as a president??
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by usmanyaro17: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2012
PointB: This guy talks too much. How well has he served his Church?
The Pasor thinks noise making is governance,give him one ward in Lagos he cannot manage talk less of Nigeria,my fear for him is that he should not run mad,because he is showing signs of insanity.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by Super1759: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
Who is this man self?? Well I think he is talking about his autonomous community,he wants to be their chief.not NIGERIA
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by Olanlere11: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
How has he impacted on those who have been following him for years now? What change has he initiated? Or is change brought about only when u r elected? We hear of Pastor Chris, Adeboye and Oyedepo, doing great works, employing, building businesses and affecting lives positively, what has he done? I wonder what he stands to achieve. What a misplaced priority. Run pastor, run for ur ministry.
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by apala911: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
D hidden and real intention of pastor bakare unguided attacks on d govt revealed. He wants to rule nig. Must he be d one to rule d country before all d needed and desirous changes we crave for be a reality? Must all critics of govt be in power before d changes expected take place? Of course, why we criticize let's do it constructively without personal interest
Re: I Will Be Available To Serve If My Nation Needs Me - Tunde Bakare by FJCRUISER: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
pls let's stop joking and sincerely begin to look crititcally at dis man oh. Every oda man of GOD whether muslim or xtian r praying for d country, yet one oda sees himself as anoda savoiur shocked shocked pls let dis ss kip him for awhile and question him properly oh. him want start anoda bokos for lag ? Chineke God no go gree rara ohh

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Sanusi Is A Sadist! / UK To Refurbish Lagos Prisons Ahead Of Deportation / Don't Create State Police - Police Re-organization Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.