Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock (6977 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Oando Posts 2014-FY And Q1-2015 Results / Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2012
Shareholders of Oando Plc have been urged to take advantage of the current low price of the stock to increase their holdings in other to enjoy better returns in the very near future.

These were the contributions of the National Coordinator, Independent Shareholders of Nigeria (ISAN), Sir Sunny Nwosu and General Secretary, Coordinating Committee of Zonal Shareholders Association of Nigeria, Mrs. Oludewa Thorpe at the 35th Annual General of Oando held in Lagos at the weekend.

Oando Plc - an integrated energy firm, which once traded above N23 per share this year, has remained below N20 due to lull in the stock market. It stock closed at N14.69 last Friday.

Nwosu said the current price is an opportunity for shareholders to increase their holdings because of the growth potential given the huge investment the company is making in the three major sectors of the oil and gas industry.

“Apart from reducing the average cost for those who bought at high prices in the past, the new price also affords them opportunity for shareholders to own more shares and this will enable them to earn more benefits going forward,” he said.

Speaking in the same vein, Thorpe said from a mere petroleum products marketing, Oando has grown to become a major player in the down, mid and up streams segment of the industry.

“This is the time to buy because the future is bright. Buy now and reap more in the future,” Thorpe said.

Addressing the shareholders, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive of Oando Plc, Mr. Wale Tinubu, said the company was making significant investments that would guarantee steady returns in the future.

He said some of the investments have already started yielding fruits that shareholders would soon benefit from.

According to the chairman of the company, Oba Aremu Adedotun, the strategy to lay more emphasis on the high margin upstream produced dividend with the sector contributing significant to profitability.

He said that the company remains well positioned for immense growth in 2012 as the kick off of key economic reforms is being awaited. “With our focus and strategy remaining as clear as ever, we are in prime position to surpass our past performance to the ultimate satisfaction of our esteemed shareholders” he said.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/equities/54785-buy-oando-stocks-now-shareholders-urged.html
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2012
Heeeey! can you move this topic to front page please? shocked
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
It's a good deal.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by SisiKill1: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2012
When a company starts "urging" to buy their stock. . .it is time to SELL!!!

Just sayin'

3 Likes

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: When a company starts "urging" to buy their stock. . .it is time to SELL!!!

Just sayin'

lol!

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Seun(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
If, as an investor, I felt the Oando stock was cheap, I would sell all my possessions and use the money to buy as much as possible. After running out of money, I would remain quiet, in order to be able to buy more shares at the low price every time I get my salary. I may also recommend the stock to my family and very close friends, but I would ask them to be discreet about it.

However, there's one thing I won't do: I won't ask the press to urge people I don't know to buy the shares, because if they do, then the share price will go up and I will no longer be able to buy it at the cheap price. When a stranger urges you to invest in a wonderful stock, you should be very suspicious about the stranger's motives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
I wont buy into any company that I can not afford majority share holding. I got to influence Board decisions and put my management team.

2 Likes

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by EPOMA(m): 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
you guys should remember Dangote, tinubu want to start offloading
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by DICKtator: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: I wont buy into any company that I can not afford majority share holding. I got to influence Board decisions and put my management team.

I wanted to say something significant in relation to ur NL name and ur comment, then I looked closer and saw that it wasn't Billionaire but "Billy- O'- Near"
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by marvel10: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
NEVER!
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by hardbody: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
For them to be urging people to buy, the intinsic value has been eroded, insider dealing alone will disclose how bad it is. On the surface you will not notice anything. I recommend, 'caveat emptor' (Let the buyer beware). we are still smarting from the last securities down turn and my millions are still trapped, lol.(thank God I did not borrow or do bridge loans, by now i would have been hounded out of my skin)
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
DICKtator:

I wanted to say something significant in relation to ur NL name and ur comment, then I looked closer and saw that it wasn't Billionaire but "Billy- O'- Near"
Yea, you saw it right. But I recommend concave lenses.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Omexonomy: 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
I have being in the stock market for a very long time. Such news is scary if the stock will apreciate (which has never being) why will they encourage people to buy it. I guess they have being trying to sell thier stock and no body is buying

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
Omexonomy: I have being in the stock market for a very long time. Such news is scary if the stock will apreciate (which has never being) why will they encourage people to buy it. I guess they have being trying to sell thier stock and no body is buying
Dont mind them, subsidy is about to be removed and they preach sales of shares. After subsidy, how will I know how much they spend on lifting and distribution and the net after sales. small shareholders will be at the mercy of their conscience and not on truth. And in business, there is no conscience and truth. Why is MTN, Etisalat and Glo not advertising their shares
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by trigar12(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2012
Na wa o. This company is nose diving
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by mu2sa2: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
DICKtator:

I concur. Let no one be deceived,Lamido Sanusi has said it all, investing in shares is like gambling.So,anyone who has money he can afford to throw away can go and buy shares with it.A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by polys: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
Abeg I get some if you wan buy oo. I bought in 2006 or thereabout when they did their public offer for N110. Here I am today with N14.69. My people, if you have money to invest, better go buy land or something. All these share sale in Naija is scam.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Ekans: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
Only a fool will buy those stocks,if one must buy,look out for Nestle or any of the brewerys,their share prices keep appreciating.If one must invest,then look for a good bank and fix the money for now.All that glitters is not gold ooo.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Opoki(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
To buy nigerian stock is like dashing your money out to those who know how to spend it...i bought Maritime and Japaul sometime likewise Dangote Sugar but nothing to show for it, the check"Cheque" i keep getting is quite embarassing.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by mrkels(m): 12:02am On Jul 24, 2012
These people are useless, I remember someone close buying 18,000 of these shares then ammounting to about 2million naira then(at 110 per share),now that document is just worth 250,000 naira. Na God go punish them. Including unipetrol and all of them IJN amen!!!
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by kobikwelu(m): 1:36am On Jul 24, 2012
lol...its all about them wanting to sell..all they want is to build up demand and then offload their own units....

Nigerians are still smarting from the recession that was felt in our market...(Thank God i escaped unscathed...i even make a killing cool)

anyways...

those shares are poisoned
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Cyberconnect12: 6:45am On Jul 24, 2012
EPOMA: you guys should remember Dangote, tinubu want to start offloading
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by emsquare(m): 8:18am On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I wont buy into any company that I can not afford majority share holding. I got to influence Board decisions and put my management team.

On point!
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by coalcoal1(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2012
na wash
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by StarrMatthieu: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by feelamong(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2012
Damn!!! we have so many children in this forum!! I think the govt have got a lot to do with investment education.....Many people have not even analysed to know why the share price dropped to the present level and they are so quick to talk rubbish!!

In 2009, the share price of Flour ills plc dropped to N15...due to a write off of foreign exchange loss and today they are up there at N55. If only many people on this forum had invested then...just recently in January the share price of UBA dropped to N1.96 becos of a profit warning...many of us did not also buy and today the share price is N4.26k.....

If i were you, i will analyse why there is a drop in the price and stop talking balderdash here!! Many have not even cared to look at their last Half year result...oppurtunities like this dont come everyday....As for me, I have been loading up and come december I can be rest assured of at least 50% return when i start selling to mofos like you.. tongue
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by babaijesha: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2012
feelamong: Damn!!! we have so many children in this forum!! I think the govt have got a lot to do with investment education.....Many people have not even analysed to know why the share price dropped to the present level and they are so quick to talk rubbish!!

In 2009, the share price of Flour ills plc dropped to N15...due to a write off of foreign exchange loss and today they are up there at N55. If only many people on this forum had invested then...just recently in January the share price of UBA dropped to N1.96 becos of a profit warning...many of us did not also buy and today the share price is N4.26k.....

If i were you, i will analyse why there is a drop in the price and stop talking balderdash here!! Many have not even cared to look at their last Half year result...oppurtunities like this dont come everyday....As for me, I have been loading up and come December I can be rest assured of at least 50% return when i start selling to mofos like you.. tongue

I agree with you. Evry bizness has its own risks, up and down cycles. Stocks;Forex,etc The appropriate action is to know your bizness, mnge ur risks and take opportunities as it comes.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by mustspin: 10:14am On Jul 24, 2012
God bless you, ignorants claiming to be wise. i wonder if they ever know what the word "consult your financial adviser" means. with good analysis, people are still making a fortune out of the market. in addition to your list, just btw jan and now, GTB had moved up from 14naira to 17naira, cadbury from 9naira to 14 naira, transcurp from 55kobo to 1.20 naira, unilever from 28naira to 34naira, zenithbank from 12naira to 15naira and firstbank from 8naira to 12naira. do a good analysis of stocks that have good fundamentals that are undervalued and u'll make cool profit in the medium to long term.

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by kobikwelu(m): 2:03am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^^

indeed..i beg to differ...as far as i am concerned, most individuals were mislead by those so-called stockbroking firms...

at the height of our stock market bubble(obviously created by foreign funds from unknown investment banks) every tom, dick and harry were investing..buying shares like no-man's business.

I can rememmber one petroleum stock whose company was under lock-and-key..but their price was hovering above N65 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and hapless citizens mugus were buying this poisoined (due to their stock - brokers)ivy...well, the rest is history cry

remmember DAAR communications with all the fan-fare encouraging pepper-sellers grin to even invest...remmemmber Transcorp!!! people bought transcorp stocks at a hefty unit price,(i remmember how thisday newpapers was always innundated with adverts on how this was the conglomerate of the future) because they felt that they had Government support and the future was bright...Right now you guys know the rest......

so forgive me.....if people are a bit sceptical about such public - adverts like this......Besides, if oando is a cash cow, i doubt they would want to make their shares open to the public..instead they would to do a 2 for 1 buy out or rights selling in other to keep the money in the loop.....

and @mustpin....

God bless you, ignorants claiming to be wise. i wonder if they ever know what the word "consult your financial adviser" means. with good analysis, people are still making a fortune out of the market. in addition to your list, just btw jan and now, GTB had moved up from 14naira to 17naira, cadbury from 9naira to 14 naira, transcurp from 55kobo to 1.20 naira, unilever from 28naira to 34naira, zenithbank from 12naira to 15naira and firstbank from 8naira to 12naira. do a good analysis of stocks that have good fundamentals that are undervalued and u'll make cool profit in the medium to long term.

Good fundamentals?? the thing is ...Nigerian companies are mostly a mirage......
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by polys: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
feelamong: Damn!!! we have so many children in this forum!! I think the govt have got a lot to do with investment education.....Many people have not even analysed to know why the share price dropped to the present level and they are so quick to talk rubbish!!

If i were you, i will analyse why there is a drop in the price and stop talking balderdash here!! Many have not even cared to look at their last Half year result...oppurtunities like this dont come everyday....As for me, I have been loading up and come december I can be rest assured of at least 50% return when i start selling to mofos like you.. tongue

Analyzer, if you are so good at it, why don't you analyse and tell us what you come up with.
Re: Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock by Charlc(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
It's easy to refer to GTB shares and others that have appreciated steadily in the past one year. The fact is that in the past one year Oando stock has depreciated steadily from N25 per share to N11 per share. Can you compare Oando management to Total PLC or GTB management performance wise. I guess Nigerian factor explains the difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering / MMM Pays / How Can I Get Bitcoin Software (tas Miner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.