Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime (9874 Views)

Nda-isaiah: I Will Unite Nigeria, Fight Crime If Elected President / Controversial 'APC' Sends E-mail With PDP Address - SaharaReporters / What The Government Should Do About The Nigerian Police Force (npf) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by touchmehard: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Police Provide E-mail Address To Fight Crime: The address is policemonitor@npf.gov.ng

This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday by Mr Frank Mba, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer.

The statement advised that the address should be strictly used for the purpose for which it was meant.

The statement said the address could also be used to report cases of breach of public peace and information on ongoing investigations by the police and other security agencies.

According to the statement, other information that the public can use the address to provide are comment on matters relating to national security, especially when such matters have direct bearing with the activities of the police.

It should be used ``to report the conduct of police personnel or the conduct of personnel of other law enforcement agencies involved in corrupt and other forms of unlawful acts.

``To commend members of the force for acts of gallantry or other forms of exemplary or exceptional conduct displayed in the course of their duties.

``To report cases or incidents of electoral offences or other matters related there to.

It appealed to potential users of the email to ensure the authenticity of their information.

The statement stated that the information provided through the medium would be treated with confidentiality, adding that the anonymity of providers would be respected.

``The effective use of the new email address will help in checkmating excesses of law enforcement personnel, encourage free flow of information between the public and police managers, and ultimately promote efficiency and better service delivery.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/police-provide-e-mail-address-to-fight-crime/
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by touchmehard: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2012
This is a welcome development. Please We need phone numbers too for easy on-the-spot communication. Some useful info cannot wait for computers and emails.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
Haha...

What a scam...Who will be checking the email? Is it anyone of those illiterate olopas on Nigerian roads?

I wont be surprised if someone uses that email to open a Nairaland account sef...

Neeeeext...

6 Likes

Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Biggyd2: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Good idea. However, there is need to educate and re-orientate the police to bring them up to speed with 21st century policing.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Chanchit: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Thank you, we need phone no's too, so we won't have to come to the station and buy petrol inside ur car, before u follow us to arrest someone... If there's an active phone no's, even the police would knw they are workin', i saw a woman that chased her house boy of arnd 10-11yrs old out of the house, telling him to go away, for stealing after serious beating, the neighbors were pleading, bt d woman was adamant... I was rushing offf to somewhere, besides if i should go to the police station, i would have to pay a fee, before they follow me, i should be able to kal the police frm the comfort of my room to pick that woman up, for child trafficking/labour....

2 Likes

Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
day light story
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by billante(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Those asking of phone numbers! That has been provided some weeks back...it is some where here on nairaland! Search for it.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by LesbianBoy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Of what use is this email is not like when i mail them they wud respond immediately, instead they wud be asking u questions like ''how many are the armed robbers?'', ''wat size of gun did the arm robbers carry?''..mstcheww NEXT jor!

1 Like

Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by cutievik: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
jackbauersballs: Haha...

What a scam...Who will be checking the email? Is it anyone of those illiterate olopas on Nigerian roads?

I wont be surprised if someone uses that email to open a Nairaland account sef...

Neeeeext...
Lol guy u r freakin funny,pls kindly start postin jokes 4 us all.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by LordBabs(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Na who wan fight crime? Police? Hen dey chop hen intestine?
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by miteolu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
3 WEEKS AGO IT WAS 0805x666666 now is e-mail. But, how many illiterates have access to Internet? Yet to get best means of fighting crime
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by jude33084(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
I tried it τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ möЯηīĬηģ bt it bounced back. Don't think τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ mail is correct undecided
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2012
Email to fight crime? Nigeria Police!! Una too much!
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Sagamite(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
Frankly, I think it is a senseless or, at best, poor idea.

No 1, is the Nigerian police technologically equipped enough to make sure people are not sending mundane and malicious accusations to the email?

No 2, How will they identify and punish/deter those doing such?

No 3, what proportion of Nigerians know how to use email or have email accounts?

No 4, what proportion of Nigerians can access email accounts on the go?

It would have made more sense to have a phone number where people can call or text. That way, more people will have access and secondly, less junk would be sent in the long run as it is easily more traceable.

This is as senseless as those that said they will by a mobile for their kid in case of "emergency".
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Tlake(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
Abeg na phone no we need lik lagos own
Is it an old man n woman or village person will send email when they don't even knw how to browse
Big Fools Foolin dem selfs
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by stepo707: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Clueless force, clueless government! wink
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by floriana(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
DOA is an acronym for dead on arrival.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by NigelEnimJr(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
gud 2 hear...lets see hw it wrks lipsrsealed
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by misterh(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is a wrong move. Are u telling me that someone witnessing a crime taking place will have to rush to d cybercafe in order to contact the police? Why not provide a short-code number which will be toll-free! Moreover, what percentage of Nigerians have access to the internet?
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Walecole74: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is a welcome idea by the Nigerian police force as this would aid quick response to issue and also assist the populace in having authenticity of information.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by jude33084(m): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
stepo707: Clueless force, clueless government! wink

Bros they are not clueless smiley rather they are trying their best to fight or reduce crime but If Ɣ☺Ʊ say that their best isn't ∂ enough then we will need guys like Ɣ☺Ʊ to help out wink
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by a1solution: 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
This news good o! I go use am my own way now. Thank God no more buying of fullscap paper or fuel before police go go for arrest. Any body make weem now (even arm robber) I send police e-mail, less than five minutes I go Here police Siren for the person door, police go arrest am sharp sharp, I nor go spend one naira untill the case finish. This one show say police na person friend now o for Naija. Make una help me thank police Pple o.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by henrychubayo: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2012

Neeeeext...
You don't need to criticize everything good. You should have welcome the development. Security is a very serious issue now and your report could make a difference and save life or help the correcttion or sack of a police officer who misbehaves. We need to improve and we are improving but don't discourage this improvement plz my bro

1 Like

Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Pakavy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
touch_me_hard: This is a welcome development. Please We need phone numbers too for easy on-the-spot communication. Some useful info cannot wait for computers and emails.
yeah,besides hw many pple know hw 2 use d internet dat is if they have access 2 it
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by faithin9ja: 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2012

Neeeeext...

Una don loss for Obodo Oyibo, that you believe nothing good can come out of Nigeria. This is obviously just one of the ways one can contact the the police. Nigerian Police like the Nigerian society has a lot of improvement, but that improvement must start somewhere. When last did you encourage any of your relatives to join the Nigerian Police?

http://naijamayor.com/meet-lagos-state-first-female-police-pro-ngozi-conchita-braide/

Apparently according you this woman cannot use the internet
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by kama1210: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
The President will soon form a committee to look into the matter. Besides, they never told us how many billion Naira budget to service this email.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
faithin9ja:

Una don loss for Obodo Oyibo, that you believe nothing good can come out of Nigeria. This is obviously just one of the ways one can contact the the police. Nigerian Police like the Nigerian society has a lot of improvement, but that improvement must start somewhere. When last did you encourage any of your relatives to join the Nigerian Police?

http://naijamayor.com/meet-lagos-state-first-female-police-pro-ngozi-conchita-braide/

Apparently according you this woman cannot use the internet

Explain to me, in the name of Jesus, in the name of Muhammed, in the name of Sango, how that link you provided shows anything that proves that woman or people in the Nigerian police force can use the internet or are educated.

I beg you. Mo fi Olorun be (I use God beg you). Please explain it to me.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by stepo707: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
jude33084:

Bros they are not clueless smiley rather they are trying their best to fight or reduce crime but If Ɣ☺Ʊ say that their best isn't ∂ enough then we will need guys like Ɣ☺Ʊ to help out wink

No be me and you. wink
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by halifab: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
The email policemonitor@npf.gov.ng is not fuctional, i just sent a mail now,Wao mail delivery failure.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by Sagamite(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
halifab: The email policemonitor@npf.gov.ng is not fuctional, i just sent a mail now,Wao mail delivery failure.

ROFLMAO! grin

Typical Nigerian standard implementation.

In a Sagamite world, someone (or even some people) would be sacked. But this is a world of Nigerian foools, "Oga, sorry now" "Na mistake, we don try na" and that is the end of the matter.

Culture of failure and sub-standardness. The Nigerian culture!
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by crackhouse(m): 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
touch_me_hard: This is a welcome development. Please We need phone numbers too for easy on-the-spot communication. Some useful info cannot wait for computers and emails.
they have given their phone numbers already, though i don't have but google can help.
Re: policemonitor@npf.gov.ng: E-mail To Fight Crime by hardbody: 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
These are interesting times. e-arrests will follow, then e-interrogations, e-detentions, e-prosecutions and e-imprisonments. 9ja for show...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary From Recruit To IGP / The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. / Court Stops PDP’s Planned Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.