Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked (6986 Views)

How To Take Screenshots Of Entire And Parts Of Your Computer Screen (windows) / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! / Screenshots of Our PC Desktops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by mukina2: 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Microsoft releases its Windows 8 Release to Manufacturers (RTM) build in the first week of August. Winunleaked has posted some leaked screenshots this weekend, confirming the arrival of the new OS. Going by the screenshots, the new OS does look more revamped and refreshed. The screenshots suggest that the OS promises a host of changes including a boot screen with the new Metro-style logo, Internet Explorer 10 that interacts with the colour of the Windows 8 theme, new colour picker options for the desktop UI, additional Metro inspired wallpapers and backgrounds for lock screen.
Windows Metro screenshots: Customising Metro

Microsoft’s new operating system is special for a number of reasons. It is going to be available for both desktops and tablets. It will also be available for ARM devices through an operating system called Windows RT, which includes the all-new Metro user interface. PCs, notebooks and x86 tablets will have access to the standard Windows 8 operating system, which will include both the new Metro user interface as well as the traditional desktop user interface. The Metro user interface is designed specifically for tablets and touchscreens.

Microsoft will be selling two tablets along with some of their vendor-partners. They recently took the wraps off Surface, a new family of tablets for Windows. Microsoft's line-up of tablets includes a Surface running on the ARM processor and featuring Windows RT, and another one running on a third-generation Intel Core processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.

Windows Metro screenshots: Internet Explorer 10

Windows Metro screenshots: Logo

Earlier this month, speaking at Microsoft's recently-held Worldwide Partner Conference, Windows Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Tami Reller said that Windows 8 is going to reach the general audience by October this year. This also means that the Windows 8 and Windows RT PCs will be available for purchase and upgrades starting this October. She also mentioned that Windows 8 is going to be available in 109 languages across 231 markets in the world.

http://tech2.in.com/news/windows/new-windows-8-metro-screenshots-leaked/330592
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
Windows 8 ftw!
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
windows xp - great
windows vista - crap
windows 7 - great
windows 8 - ?
i think i'll wait for windows 9..

4 Likes

Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
I thought i saw Apple Iphone as the title undecided
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Mukina2, U don start to play us 419 ? The thread I clicked was "Apple too Shrink Connector for iPhone 5" Now you, redirect the title to Windows matter. Stop this abeg!
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by jspac(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ijogz K: I thought i saw Apple Iphone as the title undecided
undecided grin
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by tonyx4x44(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
musKeeto: windows xp - great
windows vista - crap
windows 7 - great
windows 8 - ?
lol. True though!
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by mrkels(m): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
Guy no be only you o, came here thinking I ll see : » Apple To Shrink Connector For iPhone 5 «
Mukina self undecided
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Skywalker5(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2012

grin grin grin you got me grin grin grin
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
We are waiting...
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
I've seen the 32-bit windows 8 OS software installed on a friend's pc. I wonder how it got to Nigeria when it's not yet in the market. Although I didn't explore it, the guy said it was cool.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Skywalker5(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
1supremo: I've seen the 32-bit windows 8 OS software installed on a friend's pc. I wonder how it got to Nigeria when it's not yet in the market. Although I didn't explore it, the guy said it was cool.

I think that would be the demo version Microsoft release few months ago
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by ZUBY77(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
It was intentional marketing strategy. Leaked intentionally.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by maxjax(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2012
DP was released followed by CP, come october the official version will.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Ojix85: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sure. ive tested the Windows 8 Consumer Preview...Fantastic.
Cant wait for Windows 8 Pro on the Microsoft Surface Tab. Twill be lovely..
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by DrDre1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
Mukina grin explain o
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by hammedkola(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
windows vista - crap
windows 7 - great
windows 8 - ?
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by aieromon(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
Waiting for the full version.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Suntemi(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
windows vista - crap
windows 7 - great
windows 8 - ?

That's not correct. The 8 makes a lot of sense, very smooth. That's what I use now.

1 Like

Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Suntemi(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
aieromon: Waiting for the full version.

Me too
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by denny4ril: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
windows vista - crap
windows 7 - great
windows 8 - ?
i love window xp but when window 7 came out, i criticized it until tried. i dont think i will want to swicth from 7 to any other windows for now. it is so lovely wink wink wink wink
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by emmatok(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
No need getting Win 8 for now because the improvement will come with Win 9.

Can you imagine the Win8 version installed always want to go ONLINE APP STORE to play normal video.

1 Like

Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
maxjax: DP was released followed by CP, come october the official version will.

There's an RP now bro
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Y'all who think win8 aint cool, I'm not sure you've gotten used to it yet. iUse it and iLove it
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
emmatok: No need getting Win 8 for now because the improvement will come with Win 9.

Can you imagine the Win8 version installed always want to go ONLINE APP STORE to play normal video.

You're not familiar with it yet. You dont need to go online to watch a video
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Suntemi(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2012
Anyone who loves window 7 will even love the 8 the more. It's just too sweet and very smooth.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by brabus(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Windows 8 Metro is more of a tablet OS and not desktop OS.
The improvements are nice, but none of them can really justify rushing out to purchase the OS. I tested the Otigba Consumer Preview edition and within 14 minutes, I had to switch back to Windows 7. No start button!!!

I'm sure Microsoft will improve the OS with Windows 8 Service Pack 2 in 2013.

Until then, I need 4bit version of the OS to install on my Nokia 3310.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Cyberconnect12: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii:
There's an RP now bro
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by StarrMatthieu: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Suntemi(m): 9:15am On Jul 24, 2012
brabus: Windows 8 Metro is more of a tablet OS and not desktop OS.
The improvements are nice, but none of them can really justify rushing out to purchase the OS. I tested the Otigba Consumer Preview edition and within 14 minutes, I had to switch back to Windows 7. No start button!!!

Get ViStart.
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
[In Windows 8] you have this shiny tablet interface, and you sit and you use then you press the wrong button then it slaps you in the face and Windows 7 is back. And then you think OK, this is familiar, so you’re kind of getting into it and whack [Windows 8 is back].”
Re: Windows 8 Metro Screenshots Leaked by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
brabus: Windows 8 Metro is more of a tablet OS and not desktop OS.

Of course it has a start button! It takes time to get used to it

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Proxifier 2 Increase My Browsing Speed / ****~%$the Act Of Tunneling In Nigeria Explained (india Web Proxy) ****~%$ / Coollink Internet Services: A New ISP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.