Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,455 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare (841 Views)

SSS Releases Dasuki, Seizes Passport / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / SSS Releases TWO Detained Journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by LordBabs(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sources say after over an hour interrogation at the SSS office, he was released to go.
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/olufamous?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.olufamous.com%2F2012%2F07%2Fsermon-against-jonathan-sss-releases.html#1032
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by floriana(m): 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
If I were 'pastor' Bakare, I will deliver a more fiery sermon next week and call for popular revolt and overthrow of Jonathan govt. Steupid SSS. Why did they not invite 'Imam' Abubakar Shekau, the 'spiritual' head of boko haram? Eediotssss!
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by LordBabs(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
The invite isn't of worth at all!
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
Is it wrong for security agencies to invite somebody for interrogation?
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
The love of POWER is killing this nation.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by iykak47: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Reyginus: Is it wrong for security agencies to invite somebody for interrogation?
Nice question, people should know that mallam Tunde Bakare is not above the law.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by alaoeri: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
iykak47: Nice question, people should know that mallam Tunde Bakare is not above the law.

Why not invite Buhari for his statement *Dog & Baboon 'll be soak in blood* or are they afraid, definitely some are above the law.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
Reyginus: Is it wrong for security agencies to invite somebody for interrogation?

No it is not, but certainly the authorities have bigger fishes to fry than to call citizens at random simply because they can.

If it is the case that he was called on because of the sermon as portrayed in the text, then I say yes, the SSS probably wasted thousands, if not millions of our resources by doing that.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
iykak47: Nice question, people should know that mallam Tunde Bakare is not above the law.

There is nothing above the law about demanding that common sense be the order of the day even in Nigeria. If I call for the government to be impeached, as a citizen of Nigeria, I should not then, as a result, receive a summons from the SSS for that statement. I have a right to make a such a statement and I see no reason why my government should then require that millions of tax payer money be wasted investigation statements which I have a right to.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by antitpiah: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^^

Since you are not a tax payer, why dont you just zip it. The tax payers are not complaining, wetin be your own sho?
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by ayox2003: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

Since you are not a tax payer, why dont you just zip it. The tax payers are not complaining, wetin be your own sho?

Fantasyland.

Frawzey.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Like I said . . .
Kobojunkie:

There is nothing above the law about demanding that common sense be the order of the day even in Nigeria. If I call for the government to be impeached, as a citizen of Nigeria, I should not then, as a result, receive a summons from the SSS for that statement. I have a right to make a such a statement and I see no reason why my government should then require that millions of tax payer money be wasted investigation statements which I have a right to.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by LordBabs(m): 4:21am On Jul 24, 2012
antitpiah: ^^^

stop seeking mischief where it is not. The state has the constitutional power to summon, invite or arrest anyone culpable of mischief. The same constitution also provides a limit to that. Except if one is blinded by prejudice, if you read the said sermon texts, it is convincingly veritable; there's no gaffe whatsoever: he didn't throw caution to the winds by violating his right to personal liberty, right to freedom of expression and the press, and right to peaceful assembly and association, as entrenched respectively in sections 35,39,and 40 of the god-forsaken 1999 constitution(as nonsensically amended 2011)! It's hightime we started thinking in the direction of others, otherwise we lose it.
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by LordBabs(m): 4:26am On Jul 24, 2012

yes. He is not above the law. So tell me, honourable friend of the 'law', how has he breached the law?
Re: Sss Releases Pastor Tunde Bakare by LordBabs(m): 4:28am On Jul 24, 2012
Acidosis: The love of POWER is killing this nation.
not far from the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: US Should've Asked FG & Not CAN / President’s Hometown Gets The Lion’s Share On Ecology Funds, The North Loses Out / National Newspaper Headliness(tuesday, 11 September 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.