Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

The Life Of Warren Buffet - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Life Of Warren Buffet (1291 Views)

Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion / Warren Buffett Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer / Let's Talk About Warren Buffet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life Of Warren Buffet by foryou(m): 6:09am On Dec 11, 2007
Dear all,

Please read to the end,

THE LIFE OF THE SECOND RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD

Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by foryou(m): 6:10am On Dec 11, 2007
[b]There was a one hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:

1. He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2. He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
3. He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
4. He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
5. He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
6. His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies.
He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis. He has given his CEO's only two rules.
Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder's money.
Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
7. He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch Television.
8. Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
9. Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.

His advice to young people: "Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself and Remember:
A. Money doesn't create man but it is the man who created money.
B. Live your life as simple as you are.
C. Don't do what others say, just listen to them, but do what you feel is good.
D. Don't go on brand name; just wear those things in which you feel is comfortable.
E. Don't waste your money on unnecessary things; just spend on what you really need .
F. After all it's your life then why give chance to others to rule your life."

Peter Ogunkunle
*****************************************************************************************************
Heaven Is Real (I can tell you that), Hell is real as well (It is not a fallacy), Life is SHORT and Death is SURE. Where will you spend your Eternity? Smoking or Non-Smoking? Decide Now.
***************************************************************************************************** [/b]
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by stefykarl: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
Waoh, that got me there and nice stuff, at least i got 3 stuffs from there, thanks dear
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by tupix(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2007
man, I like this post so much please keep it up
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by foryou(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
You are welcome
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by IykeD(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
You may need to revise the latest ranking, he is no longer the World's second richest man.I do not take anything away from him, he is one of the People i look up to investment-wise, i am only putting this across so as not to have people mis-informed.Thank You!
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by Nairaplus(m): 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2007
I like you Brother.
I want to join the class of the world Richest and I have drafted a 30 Year Plan for it.
These tips about Warren adds to them.
Once again,Thank Yooooou!
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by adeboo(f): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2007
Oga o this man is disciplined to the core.

I really must take a leaf outta his book.
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by realkemmy(m): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2007
nice tread, really challenged.

waren buffet is my mentor, for every nairalander that is looking up to him,n probably wants to know more about his investment strategies, i recommend u look for this book and read

title : THE WARREN BUFFET WAY.
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by dan6019(m): 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2008
this is fantstic, am reading this on the 1st day in the year 2008, this is really going to be something one needs to build the year's foundation on and assuredly, it will not be business as usual. thanks for this posting
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by bigben3: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2008
this is a good post,keep it up smiley.Have been following some of the lessons from this great man and i can tell you it really pays to play it low and cool cool.To all Nairalanders i'll say let be real this year.Happy new year folks kiss
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by otokx(m): 10:24am On Jan 02, 2008
Quite inspiring.
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by Jaan101: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2008
seriously, he is really disciplined,

'You dont have to do to many things right as far as you dont do to many wrong'-Warren Buffet,
Re: The Life Of Warren Buffet by Vuitton(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
nice
i got some life changing tips there
keep it up smiley

(1) (Reply)

Zenith's Web Surfer & Gtb's Mastercard (which Can I Make Use Of?) / How Can I Get Sponsorship For A Radio Sports Show / Top Ten Lucrative Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.