Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,195 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71497 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^Mbabane is one of those cities that no one ever talks about. Seriously underrated city. Most Africans have never heard of the place, much less foreigners. But it's clearly the sort of place to go for a nice quiet vacation away from the hustle and bustle of Lagos, Accra and Jo'Burg.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
Kampala, Uganda

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by sambos994(m): 4:49am On Jul 26, 2012
of all the pictures,accra didn't wow me
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 4:58am On Jul 26, 2012
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 5:02am On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 6:31am On Jul 26, 2012
NewYork, NY

Brooklyn Bridge baby. There is nothing like this in Africa

There is nothing this marvelous in Africa

Oyinbo is wonderful

Oyinbo people, may you continue to enslave us, insha Allah

Pure class from White people. The background is hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by sambos994(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2012
antitpiah: NewYork, NY

Oyinbo is wonderful

*sigh* slave mentality god help you
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by omodapson(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2012

Oyinbo is wonderful

No wonder, you can never outgrow the limitations you have placed on yourself.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Raimond(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nice pix!!
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2012

Oyinbo is wonderful

Your level of inferiority disgusts me..... Smh. Cities in Africa also have business districts with high rise buildings, statues, an abundance of water, beautiful landscapes, taxis etc....just so you know Africa has places the western countries can only dream of having. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Why are some people angry with what the poster is trying to pass to people.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Eifeh(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2012

Oyinbo is wonderful

capital EWU is your name, why dont you open thread for your NY
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
Balabriggs

You see the kind of person you were saying I should be 'nice and polite and civil' with?

In fact you must be new on Nairaland. You obviously don't know some of the kind of people we have on this site. You wonder if they were cursed at birth or have mental problems.

Thank goodness he's shown himself up for what he is and why he deserves to be treated like scum.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 30, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 1:48am On Jul 30, 2012
ROSSIKE: Abidjan, Ivory Coast

[img]http://theivorycoast.files./2008/07/photo_lg_abidjan.jpg[/img]

still looks nice for a war torn city
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 1:54am On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 1:59am On Jul 30, 2012
Port Louis, Mauritius

[img]http://4.bp..com/_5I_wS4wf_MY/TN1g22JlPGI/AAAAAAAAFzo/-nbKNQGH5xI/s1600/0868%2BColorful%2BMauritius%2BHouse%2Bv2.jpg[/img]

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Rossikk(m): 2:01am On Jul 30, 2012
TerryCarr: still looks nice for a war torn city

It's only a ''war-torn city'' if you get your information about the place from CNN and BBC. For normal people, it's just ''A CITY''.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 2:06am On Jul 30, 2012

Laguna Beach baby!

See residential neighborhood for Obodo oyinbo . . . o mama

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 2:06am On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

It's only a ''war-torn city'' if you get your information about the place from CNN and BBC. For normal people, it's just ''A CITY''.
not in 2011 it was not just a city
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLEfNk2IlIM
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TerryCarr(m): 2:15am On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
I'm south african and have been reading all your posts on this forum. I must say there are a few fools on this site that think that only U.S can build bridges and highways. For those unpatriotic fools who think a few city lights makes u better than us living in africa please!!!.

There is a project currently on the way in Congo DRC in conjuction with Eskom south africas and africas biggest power producer to build the worlds biggest hydropower plant, and if implemented it will have a capacity of more than 100,000MW. This project is still in phase2 and still need a lot of work.

Europe and america was build over 300years to what it is now, it took China over 35years of nonestop growth to become the 2nd largest economy in the world and it will take us africans more or less the same as that of china.

If it wasn't for africa's minerals none of europe nor america would be where it is today even china is build by african resources.

South Africa has started and will stop exporting there minerals to europe and U.S and will in 5years time only export minerals that have been benificiated locally before sending them abroad. If all of africa could go this route no african country will need to stand back for europe again.

Speak abt a begging bowl South Africa was was one of 5 BRICS nations who helped the IMF in bolstering there funds to rescue Europe's ayling economies. That was a first for an african country.

Portuguel begged its former colony Angola for help to borrow them money bye the way Angola, South Africa, Nigeria, has more foreign reserves then Italy, Greece and spain combined and that's a fact.

Gone are the days where we africans have to begg europe and america for Food Aid even though there are still a few countries in africa like Somalia that still have massive problems.

More then 93% of south africans have electricity more then 90% of them have access to safe drinking water. S.A is rated number 3 in the world when it comes to safe drinking water that u can drink from any tap this is better then 80% of all european countries. S.A has more then $10Trillion of proven mineral deposites and if we can benificiate this we can more then tripple its vallue.

I don't know mutch about Nigeria as for one country I must say that Congo DRC is the worlds biggest mineral rich country that's why France, belgium, US are constintanly trying to destablize the country so that there multi national companies can suck it dry for as long as they can.

South africa has a highspeed underground railway network wich was fully completed this year it has 39000MW power producing capacity witch is also the 12th biggest in the world. It is currently completing the worlds biggest cool-dry coal power plant wich will be operational by mid-2013 with a capacity of over 8000mw and 2 other coal powerplants that will produce 4500mw each.

S.A has africas only nuclear powerplant in capetown and is currently also looking into building 2 more in the next 10years. South africa has an 90% enrolment in its primary schooling system.

Most of africa will be different in 15years from know european and american economies are declining due to there overspending and unsustainable lifestyles they live. There populations are ageing while they consume more than tey produce.

Africa next to east asia are growing faster economically then any other region and that's a fact. Nigeria, Angola, Ethiopia has some of the top10 emerging market economy growth rates in the world even though its from a very Low base its still better than All of Europe and America combined

Most of u fools who go and live in europe and U.S are sweeping streets and cleaning toilets there. I'm an middle class south african black self employed business owner who employs 4 people from other african countries and I have a turnover of more then $250,000 a year. Tell me now u fools who go to europe and U.S who always look down on africa can anyone of u fools match that.

A fact that I know is that Nigeria will be the 19th biggest economy in the world by 2025.

Peace out from one african brother to another.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
I'm south african and have been reading all your posts on this forum. I must say there are a few fools on this site that think that only U.S can build bridges and highways. For those unpatriotic fools who think a few city lights makes u better than us living in africa please!!!.

There is a project currently on the way in Congo DRC in conjuction with Eskom south africas and africas biggest power producer to build the worlds biggest hydropower plant, and if implemented it will have a capacity of more than 100,000MW. This project is still in phase2 and still need a lot of work.

Europe and america was build over 300years to what it is now, it took China over 35years of nonestop growth to become the 2nd largest economy in the world and it will take us africans more or less the same as that of china.

If it wasn't for africa's minerals none of europe nor america would be where it is today even china is build by african resources.

South Africa has started and will stop exporting there minerals to europe and U.S and will in 5years time only export minerals that have been benificiated locally before sending them abroad. If all of africa could go this route no african country will need to stand back for europe again.

Speak abt a begging bowl South Africa was was one of 5 BRICS nations who helped the IMF in bolstering there funds to rescue Europe's ayling economies. That was a first for an african country.

Portuguel begged its former colony Angola for help to borrow them money bye the way Angola, South Africa, Nigeria, has more foreign reserves then Italy, Greece and spain combined and that's a fact.

Gone are the days where we africans have to begg europe and america for Food Aid even though there are still a few countries in africa like Somalia that still have massive problems.

More then 93% of south africans have electricity more then 90% of them have access to safe drinking water. S.A is rated number 3 in the world when it comes to safe drinking water that u can drink from any tap this is better then 80% of all european countries. S.A has more then $10Trillion of proven mineral deposites and if we can benificiate this we can more then tripple its vallue.

I don't know mutch about Nigeria as for one country I must say that Congo DRC is the worlds biggest mineral rich country that's why France, belgium, US are constintanly trying to destablize the country so that there multi national companies can suck it dry for as long as they can.

South africa has a highspeed underground railway network wich was fully completed this year it has 39000MW power producing capacity witch is also the 12th biggest in the world. It is currently completing the worlds biggest cool-dry coal power plant wich will be operational by mid-2013 with a capacity of over 8000mw and 2 other coal powerplants that will produce 4500mw each.

S.A has africas only nuclear powerplant in capetown and is currently also looking into building 2 more in the next 10years. South africa has an 90% enrolment in its primary schooling system.

Most of africa will be different in 15years from know european and american economies are declining due to there overspending and unsustainable lifestyles they live. There populations are ageing while they consume more than tey produce.

Africa next to east asia are growing faster economically then any other region and that's a fact. Nigeria, Angola, Ethiopia has some of the top10 emerging market economy growth rates in the world even though its from a very Low base its still better than All of Europe and America combined

Most of u fools who go and live in europe and U.S are sweeping streets and cleaning toilets there. I'm an middle class south african black self employed business owner who employs 4 people from other african countries and I have a turnover of more then $250,000 a year. Tell me now u fools who go to europe and U.S who always look down on africa can anyone of u fools match that.

A fact that I know is that Nigeria will be the 19th biggest economy in the world by 2025.

Peace out from one african brother to another.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 4:14am On Aug 13, 2012
i'm sure there are places in nigeria that look like this:

[img]http://3.bp..com/_Jaa2yobTank/SY7kyt3cn_I/AAAAAAAAAgs/tVB3NHtpdw8/s400/okavango1.JPG[/img]

i used to see some back in the day, minus the canoes.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by chaiks: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
Surely, investment and tourism would flow in greater number to these countries if the world knew the continent had this level of development? But when you go overseas, all most people know about Africa is... villages, animals, Masai tribesmen, conflict, poverty etc etc.

Don't we need to invest heavily in our own global media apparatus in order to disseminate the full picture of our rapidly developing continent?you are right dude. No wonder tourism is one of d highly studied disciplines abroad.

I posted these images on a couple of non-African sites, and most people reacted with shock and disbelief, with many openly stating that they never thought any of this existed in Africa.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

I reckon that if the world knew the full picture of Africa, tourism alone into the continent would increase by at least 2,000%, greatly helping to lift the incomes of the majority. The great thing about tourism receipts is that the money goes straight into the pockets of the common man, by way of greater patronage of eateries, craft shops, various services, from taxi to all sorts of retail and leisure services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic) / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.