Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71415 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
I personally don't like that ugly dirty-looking Nairobi city of Kenya.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Godogwu: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yes, middle class people in Africa live in Highrise buildings?? ROLFMAO!!!! I happen to know some of those "middle class" Africans, and they don't live in the heart of the city, more like the outskirts.

Anywho, I am used to know TWISTING all there is out there so you can sell yet another false image of your WONDERFUL Africa. Carry on!!!

dude, please tell me which "middle-class" person from any part of the world that lives in a "Highrise building"
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by HyeBits: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
@ ROSSIKE, thanks for the photo-trips to Africa. I used to think some African countries like Congo has nothing other than village or ghetto lives.

Thanks for the message folks.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Kolade9(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
Mtchew, see lagos and abuja with few skyscrapers. The skyscrapers sef are jst simple and rectangular,no correct architectural design. See tanzania,nairobi,joburg,capetown,windhoek,ethopia etc wish to visit these cities one day
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
When will any nigeria city have the standard of airport in democratic republic of congo has shown in the picture. Despite all our black gold money!!!Real shame on our past and present leaders.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by shadrach77: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
shymmex: Ghana surprised me, though..

Despite all the noise by Ghanaian trolls on NL, Accra didn't live up to the hype. sad

Amazing pictures, I need to travel around Africa.. grin

i thought i was the only one who felt like this. Accra looked really ordinary. Kigali, Rwanda was suprisingly beautiful. Congo Brazzaville seemed to be the prettiest. I'm not too sure about the hotel and airport pictures though, All countries have airports and hotels so i don't see the big deal. Nice pictures though cheesy wink smiley
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by kanywoods: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Deep Sight: You see, this is why every sensible African should adamantly support the creation of a unified African state as the United States of Africa.

The synergy would be incomparable.

It would INSTANTLY be one of the major countries in the world - with of course a permanent security council seat and veto.

the expanse of its economy and population could catapult it within say. . . 50 years to being the number one industrial, economic, political and military giant in the world.

World domination. Where's Pinky and the the Brain. . . .

DUDE....YOU ARE AWESOME, a 'UNIFIED' african state is what the 'WEST' is afriad of, thatz why they wish a Strong Country like Nigerian That can make The dream of a unified african state a reality disintergration by 2015............they already took care of strong african leaders like 'Muammar Gaddafi' that pushed for the unification of the african state....anywayz am Glad a few pple like you in this Generation are still thinking in that line n THIS POST IS THE BEST POST ON NAIRALAND EVER!! and BTW Pinky and the Brain relocated to Nigeria smiley

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nightshift(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
The new kid on the block, Luanda Angola,showing petrol-dollar muscles with lots of construction works. After brutal 30yrs civil war, new investments on roads, housing and education has nearly wiped the physical memories of the war away - a demonstration of hope for the continent. I wish that Congo DRC recovers, it has mineral wealth to power on like Angola is currently doing.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Eifeh(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
You made my day bro thanks, Wish you can post picture of Bukinafaso that country look nice.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by MMM2(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Kwara nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by IbnTimothy: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Where have you being? You are such a breath of fresh air from the normal complains we hear.

God bless you
Please keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by deshysmalls(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
@ Poster thanks a bunch and the others that contributed to this post for this wonderful picture exhibition. I have struggled for ideas on what to present to a host of people belonging to different age groups from all around the world about Africa as part of a stereotype change at an European event but seeing this, i think my search stops here.
So i hereby seek everyone that contributed to this thread's permission to showcase this pictures in my presentation. Thanks all one love

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by maipeople(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
Poster you really change my perspective of everything Africa. I realised that, I was mentally-poisoned by negative information from western media channels.
After seeing these pictures, I take it to myself that, before I am through with my studies in Malaysia,I will use these pictures to create a multimedia presentation here in our University and I will make sure that it can easily be distributable.In fact, if you can create a blog just for this, We will do our best to broadcast the message.
This is a great project idea that can be the turning point for Africa (I am not exaggerating, I now what I'm saying).
As for the remaining people here in NAIRALAND, You may not appreciate the magnitude of the poster's contribution till when you step out of Nigeria.
Once again, THANK YOU for delivering me from my old prejudices.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by assetstrap(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Rossike thanks for the enlightenment. Africa is thriving and developing fast, outsiders can see it and are investing while African's themselves sit back and wait for uhuru.I try to inform in my own little way about our beautiful continent( and no i'm not wearing rose tinted specs). Check out my blog www.dimejijunior..com

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by IDERAWOLE(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
We dont need to quarrel here about the details many of the Africans are not aware of; the beauty of the continent. With exception of Lagos, all of those cities are awesome of a beauty.

Even from the pics, its clear to all here that the least beautiful of them all and that is, in spite of all the wealth we parade is Lagos; and it might remain so for a long time to come or even get worse than what we've all seen here; except we all, with opener of this thread inclusive realize that there is really little or nothing to celebrate about these cities until we begin to put value on human lives here in Africa.

Nobody should be deceived here about those beautiful pics, thinking they are a reflection of the quality of living of the middle-class African. You may have physical growth without a corresponding development. Simply stated; Growth is about infrastructure while development is about the people.

You may have achieved your intention about this thread; Africa is NOT just all about monkeys, elephants and farmlands, we also have some physical structures to parade. Fine. But what about the quality of lives here. Until we wake up particularly here in Nigeria where we have lost all sense of shame about everything evil particularly in the genre called corruption; a place we have been able to maintain some dignified hold on the record as the most corruption nation on earth, nobody will accord us our most wanted respect among the committee of nations.

They know us more than we do about ourselves. The new generation of Africans should embrace quality leadership which is people-driven; and learn to serve others, not all these self-centered rigmarole type of ruler-ship we flaunt around here in the name of leadership. Until we learn to do that, we'll remain un-respected to our annoyance.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by hustleafam: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
omg see African. Need to do some traveling, Africans need to see Africa. we don't need any American or European to tell us whether were moving or not.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by delicious1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
Beautiful pictures -Botswana is really lovely I must say.

But the reality is that many Africans still live in abject poverty -less than two dollars a day.
Sad but true. The wealth needs to be distributed evenly. Corruption needs to be curbed, and more money needs to be spent on education, health and agriculture -key areas that will lift the continent out of poverty.

@IDERAWOLE I feel you on some of the issues you raised. But things will surely get better with time -we need more infrastructure to plug the gap between years of military rule and neglect. The current democracy we've been enjoying needs to be strengthened on all fronts.

We'll get there. Not soon -but in the near future.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Theblessed(f): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
[size=16pt]Thanks for engaging us all here with this beautiful pictures of Cities in our great Continent - Africa!

However, if Nigeria thieves hadn't stolen the heart out of our country, Nigeria would have carried the torch for them all.

Wake up Nigeria, wake up you are too old to crawl on your knees!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by adamscuti(m): 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE: Accra, Ghana

the least finest among all d cities.na only accra 5n b ghana o,no other cities again
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
dasparrow:

Excellent thread. Please keep the pictures coming. This kind of thread is what I would wish to see on the homepage. Mukina, where are you?

@Post

The truth is, the whites control the media and hence do not want the world knowing about the good things Africa has to offer. They (whites) do this because they don't want money that could have gone to their countries from tourism to go to African countries. Secondly, they don't want diasporan blacks from the western hemisphere to reconnect with their roots.

Thirdly, they would like Africa to be consistently seen in a negative limelight and remain economically disadvantaged by discouraging investors with all the negative images of Africa they bombard people with. Fourthly, they would like Africans to keep running from their home countries to the western world because that way they can have Africans do crappy jobs that their citizens won't otherwise do. Things like baby sitting, cleaning public toilets, cleaning the shytty nyashes of their old people stuck in nursing homes because their adult kids are too busy chasing after money to take care of them. In addition, they make alot of money from our people who apply in droves for all types of visas from their respective embassies.

The problem is, even our people who are fellow Africans are ignorant about all the good things the continent has to offer. For example, how many rich and middle class Nigerians when choosing a vacation spot will consider other African countries? Often times, they prefer to travel to USA, England, France, Canada, and the likes. They don't realize that by spending their shopping money over there, they are helping to enrich those countries' economies over ours.

The western media has succeeded in tarnishing the image of Africa so much that even Africans themselves both within and outside the continent now believe the western media propaganda. It is high time we have our own media stations because CNN and BBC are western media stations and their #1 goal is to keep painting Africans and Africa in a negative manner. No wonder, when one lives abroad, one get's disrespected alot the minute the western heifers figure out that one is an African. They feel it gives them the effrontery to be rude to us. We need to start re-educating our people about our continent because if we don't, someone else who does not have our people's best interest at hand will. Lastly, we should come up with our own TV programmings and cartoons and stop paying DSTV to watch theirs. I personally don't watch american TV programming. Their junk don't interest me.
a very enriching perspective. true, things are so bad, but i feel a lot at home in nigeria, but all the corruption and ethnic unrest which should be our strength is at the root of our problems, and we are not patriotic, most people have lost the passion to uphold their heritage. The truth is the white man is not going to come to make things better. We have to clean up our mess, so we can be truly great.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by jmslimx(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Accra and Nairobi are overrated so far as i am concern .. because i have gone there Senegal is even better off Accra
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by otumfour(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
jmslimx: Accra and Nairobi are overrated so far as i am concern .. because i have gone there Senegal is even better off Accra

ONLY DIFFERENCE IS, ACCRA AIN'T GOT BOKO HARRAMEES IN 'EM undecided.....OH' AND ITS GOT ELECTRICITY RUNNING IN HIM
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by AlhajiPastor: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
wow, i'm perplexed. why am i wasting my hard earn money travelling to U.K while i have all these beautiful cities at my backyard. thanks for this post.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
antitpiah:

Yeah, so rich . . . with imported technology and foreign city-state concepts and ideas.

Whites used imported African technology to develop their initial architecture, cities, sciences, medicine, philosophy, mathematics etc, since they were running around in caves when Africans pioneered those endeavours. Historically, it's been a two-way traffic in terms of knowledge exchange. Now return to your lack of self-worth slaveboy hole and leave us normal human beings out of your pitiful predicament.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
wow, i'm perplexed. why am i wasting my hard earn money travelling to U.K while i have all these beautiful cities at my backyard. thanks for this post.

You're most welcome Alhaji. wink
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
jmslimx: Accra and Nairobi are overrated so far as i am concern .. because i have gone there Senegal is even better off Accra

Bobs... don't joke with Nairobi o! Perhaps the display didn't do them justice, but they're an impressive city. Accra is only just beginning to take off, but what they lack is a defined city center, so their infrastructure tends to take on a sprawled look.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Deep Sight: You see, this is why every sensible African should adamantly support the creation of a unified African state as the United States of Africa.

The synergy would be incomparable.

It would INSTANTLY be one of the major countries in the world - with of course a permanent security council seat and veto.

the expanse of its economy and population could catapult it within say. . . 50 years to being the number one industrial, economic, political and military giant in the world.

World domination. Where's Pinky and the the Brain. . . .

I actually support this idea fully.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hye-Bits:
@ ROSSIKE, thanks for the photo-trips to Africa. I used to think some African countries like Congo has nothing other than village or ghetto lives.

Thanks for the message folks.

You're most welcome. wink Rest assured most of what you see in the media relating to Africa is carefully orchestrated, one-dimensional misrepresentation of the continent deliberately designed to denigrate the African people and deny them human agency before the world.

Example: There was once a programme on BBC relating to the poor in some Indian slum. After analysing their circumstances, the tv crew proceeded to visit the local university to interview a sociology professor in his office on the social issues leading to their condition etc etc.

It immediately struck me that the same thing would never happen in their coverage of Africa. They would NEVER leave an African slum and head to the local university to interview an African professor, because in the warped view of Africa they wish to project to the world, there are no universities on the continent, and no serious, educated persons to interview. Instead they would go to a white analyst in Europe or a representative of a western aid agency to analyse the plight of the 'poor Africans''. Their attempt is essentially to deny the African agency, to deny the African's humanity. It is a deliberate and evil project they are on, and it is up to us to resist their machinations by dismantling their disinformation enterprise and disseminating the fact that Africans are just as ...human... as everyone else, despite their relentless spiteful lies and obfuscations.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by AAAfic: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
@ Deshysmalls and others. This pictures where obtained from a website called skyscrapercity.com. I recommend you visit the website and go to the Africa section of the website. The website is very informative and has up to date information on development occuring all over Africa.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by alexola20(m): 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
alexola20: Nice one @OP.
But these are just mere pix.Take Nigeria for example,almost everybody lives in darkness and insecurity.The pix r nice though but these r not really the images of africa.Even Lagos and Abuja skies r nothing to talk about,they look boring smileySky should be blue but Lag and Abj look grey,this tells you the mood of pple living in these two cities perhaps the entire country.

I've no idea what hole in the ground you crept out from. I suggest you return to it. I don't even think you're Nigerian or African. Probably some imperialist plant or troll. Your lies and evil hold no water here. I do not ''live in darkness and insecurity'' in Nigeria. And I'm by no means 'rich'. The majority of the 160 million Nigerians will go to bed safe and sound tonight and wake up tomorrow hale and hearty, and ready to start another day. Now vamoose into your hole of spite and worthlessness and remain in there - permanently.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.