Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) (19202 Views)

COZA Member Reacts To Pastor's New Porsche / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by dtemidare: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
His holiness pastor Tunde Bakare. i greet you for all

your good revolutionary thoughts and speeches, i am advocate of

karl marx teachings but not a christian nor a muslim but

i must tell you
that your actions lately shows indications of a

shortfall in your way of reasoning. An invitation was

sent to you and all you could do was to post such an
invitation for the whole world to see. it goes a long

way to show how indiscipline,distortion in reasoning and so called man of God

you claim to be.
it also shows how insensitive you are to national and

security issues. one least expects a man of God to pray

for his country and encourage his followers to

contribute their qouta to d growth of his country but

rather you let politics,selfish interest and enemies of

NIGERIA to work through you in destabilizing the

country.
if the holy spirit truly speaks to you and through you,

it ought to have told you that you are on the wrong

path. Please pray to your christain God for the right

spirit. angry
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by edoyad(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
shocked shocked Bakare has drawn wahala for himself, the next time they want him I'm sure they'll seize him Commando style. I'm sure of that.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by kennytidistar(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
you guys are funny o so you dont know how professionals intergrate and interlock their registers, the grammar need not go the normal way you write your application letter or the ones you write to your girl and boy friends, the fact that your teacher thought you OTM or GNS does not mean it will apply to all professions pls nairalanders we need to start learning and respecting professional register, it use and meaning apart from the grammatical blunders we claim we know!
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Soulcaine(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
chucky234: Guy your grammar is worst

boss, worse or worst? Just asking

1 Like

Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Pukkah: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
edoyad: shocked shocked Bakare has drawn wahala for himself, the next time they want him I'm sure they'll seize him Commando style. I'm sure of that.

How can you be sure of a futuristic event that is not in your hands? How many of the ones in your hands can you even be sure of?
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2012

ROFLMAO
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by confiritch(m): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
Life is a learning process from birth to grave. It is very important to recall a particular topic in Communication in English termed "Register". The topic has to do with 'technical jargons' used by professionals in different fields. Its determinants include: mode of discourse, field of discourse and means of discourse among others. (My humble opinion).
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by searay(m): 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Look at this hottentot,let Oxford educate you.

Interview

>Noun

1 an occasion on which a journalist or broadcaster questions a person.

2 a formal meeting at which a person is asked questions to assess their suitability for a job or college place.

3 a session of formal questioning of a person by the police.

VERB

Hold an interview with someone
. . . NB - it didnt says anything about the interviewer or the interviewee.

You need to understand the context in which a word is used before trying to ridicule the sentence or the writer.Meanwhile,you arent smart as I thought either.
Tell them. I now believe that the standard of education in Nigeria has totally fallen. This can be seen in >90% of the comments here.
Dont't disgrace your family here, if you don't know what to comment.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by drealsirhid: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
grin
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Pukkah: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

ROFLMAO

Why are you 'ROFLMAOing'?
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by roqchiq(f): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
boyendowed: SSS invitation letter to Bakare.Someone should have edited that letter
~Bluetooth:

Look at this hottentot,let Oxford educate you.

Interview

>Noun

1 an occasion on which a journalist or broadcaster questions a person.

2 a formal meeting at which a person is asked questions to assess their suitability for a job or college place.

3 a session of formal questioning of a person by the police.

VERB

Hold an interview with someone
. . . NB - it didnt says anything about the interviewer or the interviewee.

You need to understand the context in which a word is used before trying to ridicule the sentence or the writer.Meanwhile,you arent smart as I thought either.

help me educate these children...abeg!!

boyendowed: SSS invitation letter to Bakare.Someone should have edited that letter
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the grammer,this is security parlance,deal with it. You are being invited to interveiw the whoever,but if it were the whoever, seeking to come interveiw you,then it would be phrased differently!!!
(^^ i bet you,some ITK will say my grammar here is poor,then i'll tell u to go back 2 school,and pay attention!!!)

By the way....weda grammer correct or not, the message remains the same...''get your a** down here in one piece,or we come get it in as many pieces as possible.''
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by ogrin(m): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okontami: @ Post and All: You guys need a little more exposure. That is how all invitation letters from SSS, EFCC or Security agencies are written. I have been invited by these outfits twice and the same words were used un edited. They will maintain that you are the one to interview them. I rejected the EFCC letter in 2010 and they sent me a reminder stating the same statement. Guys get close to any law enforcement agency and you will know that that is the correct syntax in their discipline. No body should try to argue with me blindly.

Oko n ta e nitooto. grin
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by fuke(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Okontami: 10:01am
@ Okotame
[/quote]
[quote]@ Poster and All: You guys need a little more exposure. That is how all invitation letters from SSS, EFCC or Security agencies are written. I have been invited by these outfits twice and the same words were used un edited. They will maintain that you are the one to interview them. I rejected the EFCC letter in 2010 and they sent me a reminder stating the same statement. Guys get close to any law enforcement agency and you will know that that is the correct syntax in their discipline. No body should try to argue with me blindly.

Yes, you are right but only for the first paragraph.

The second paragraph is ambiguous.
It will not pass grammar scrutiny or grammar test.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by samkoro: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Chanchit: Pastor tunde bakare should rejected that letter, on the grounds that it was poorly written.... That is nigeria for you, dame patience wei don use her grammer spoil my tv speaker sef don become permanent secretary....

But your English threw me off balance.I don't know who to trust in the language again. You ? ,Patience? ,or SSS ? I'm confused here.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
samkoro:

But your English threw me off balance.I don't know who to trust in the language again. You ? ,Patience? ,or SSS ? I'm confused here.

You and I know that ''throw off'' is a phrasal verb and phrasal verbs are not to be altered either in the present,past or future form.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by emsquare(m): 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hmmm!
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by samkoro: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You and I know that ''throw off'' is a phrasal verb and phrasal verbs are not to be altered either in the present,past or future form.

OMG! U mean if I sais "you english throw me off balance" then I would have been correct ? Ok thus that sound like a queens english or pidgeon english.

Listen." Cross the rubicon" is a phrasal verb. If you crossed the rubicon yesterday,it changes to "crossed the rubicon"

Verbs are not nouns.They are action words that depicts/explains what you are doing and when you are doing it.

Or what is happening and when.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by samkoro: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

OMG! U mean if I said "your english throw me off balance" then I would have been correct ? Ok does that sound like a queens english or pidgeon english.

Listen." Cross the rubicon" is a phrasal verb. If you crossed the rubicon yesterday,it changes to "crossed the rubicon"

Verbs are not nouns.They are action words that depicts/explains what you are doing and when you are doing it.

Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
samkoro:

OMG! U mean if I said "your english throw me off balance" then I would have been correct ? Ok does that sound like a queens english or pidgeon english.

Guy stop trolling here.Phrasal verbs are different from ordinary verb.

Let oxford help you out.

Phrasal verb

Noun

a verb combined with an adverb or preposition to give a new meaning that cannot be worked from the individual parts. .

Throw off = throw off just like a woman ''take in'' not ''took in''.

Nawao cool
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by yemmy19(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Chanchit: Pastor tunde bakare shou ld reject ed that letter, on the grounds that it was poorly written.... That is nigeria for you, dame patience wei don use her grammer spoil my tv speaker sef don become permanent secretary....
Pastor Tunde Bakare should rejected that letter.while u were in primary school,u must have been taught †̥hα̲̅†̥ a person's name shuld always start with a Capital letter.
Secondly,ur composition was awful......kettle calling pot black
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Jummsy(f): 12:57am On Jul 25, 2012
Soul_caine:

boss, worse or worst? Just asking
Was about asking the same question..
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by porka: 1:32am On Jul 25, 2012
fuke: Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Okontami: 10:01am
@ Okotame

Yes, you are right but only for the first paragraph.

The second paragraph is ambiguous.
It will not pass grammar scrutiny or grammar test.

Oga, it is not that ambiguous

That's how government letters are ended in Nigeria.

I have seen several of them.

This is just pure ignorance on the part of many Nigerians.

It's a pity most guys here don't know the workings of government.

Nevertheless, the letter head reads Department of Security Services (DSS) while the body still carries State Security Service (SSS).

They need to chose one, DSS or SSS.

Did Tunde Bakare honor DSS invitation?

He's not above the law.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Chanchit: 6:52am On Jul 25, 2012
deshclones:

Kettle calling pot black...like you are better off..wanimal
Idiot, i'm sure ur father is also part of those people that can't read A-Z and would be working as a ghost worker..... Senior wanimal...
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Chanchit: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2012
jude33084:

Bros I beg you modify that bold part wink
Tnks, it's been taken care of, i did not even check it since i sent the post, i neva knew the 40laptops are crying already...
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Godmann(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Goodyman: I am really surprised at Pastor Bakare;s foray into politics. He was divinely called to shepherd the flock of God and give them spiritual food at the right time, but right now, he has chosen to leave his first love, his calling and ministry and decided to move into the murky and dirty waters of politics. Since he failed, he has been at the fore-front of antagonising the present federal administration, so, what do you expect? If the SSS has decided to invite him for questioning for his statements, it is not new. He invited them. Politics in Nigeria is a very dirty game and any Man of God who thinks he can turn the situation around is only kidding himself. At the top there are many vested interests and these interests are conflicting in nature, so, even if Bakare becomes the President, he will mess up himself as a Man of God. Tell me, if he becomes the President today, how will he take care of the flock of God? Has he forgotten what is stated in 1 John 2: 15-17? His Master, Jesus Christ refused to take up the rulership of Israel, but chose to complete the assignment given to him, As Pastor Bakare forgotten all that?

No doubt, we are in the last days and the Bible had predicted that many will fall by the way side as a result of worldly attractions and temptations. It is not too late for Pastor Bakare to retrace his steps and focus on his God-given assignment.

The Pastors that quote Bible to you every Sunday and the President that runs your security, your economy and your national infrastructure; which is a better and more important Shepherd? Tell me, Religion and Politics, which is responsible for the abject poverty we are in? Which created the mass irresponsibility and ignorance in our lands? How has your thousands of fake pastors and priests helped our fate (just like the pharisees and Sadducees of old)? Do you know of one Sunday Mbang that called himself president of CAN during the Obasanjo days? What about Oritshe... (Sorry I acnnot even spell his name well,doubt if I can give him an undeserved honour of searching out the spelling)of the present CAN? What about your pastors that prayed for both Obasanjo in his third term ambition and a certain Priest that dined with OBJ in Aso Rock and has ever been in denial of his third term antics? They are all "good" shepherd in the likes of your model.

The problem is that you guys have been totally brainwashed and are beyond redemption. The first command that God issued on the Bible is that we conquer our earth. We cannot do that by our empty prayers without reason and good work. Religion did not stop slavery, man did. Religion did not produce any of the medicines that made life better, it did not enhance our farming techniques nor our lives in any meaningful way; practical reasoning did.

Europe abandoned blind religion for over 400 years ago before inventing all the beautiful tools of today. That you can write this trash in a server sitting somewhere but accessible to all of us, is a product of good thinking, and not blind religion.

If Rev King jnr. has remained as apostle of your blind Religion and watched aloof while the American whites enslaved the Black population, you would not have had a voice in our world of today; you would have been as good as an ape.

Yet you can open your mouth in this 21st century to tell us that interpreting a book written over 1600 years - a book that went through several interpretation in the hands of semi-educated philosophers, a book that has its foundation more in politics (thanks to Emperor Constantine of the old Roman empire) than in true service to God Almighty - is a better way to save humanity.

It is because, more of your kinds occupy this country that we are still in this shit.

I tell you what, soon the critical mass of needed converts would be reached, with or without you; and we will turn this country around for good; based on practical reasoning and action; and not based on a blind archaic religion.

3 Likes

Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Murphy7h4: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2012
Good job!
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Godmann(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2012
dtemidare: His holiness pastor Tunde Bakare. i greet you for all

your good revolutionary thoughts and speeches, i am advocate of

karl marx teachings but not a christian nor a muslim but

i must tell you
that your actions lately shows indications of a

shortfall in your way of reasoning. An invitation was

sent to you and all you could do was to post such an
invitation for the whole world to see. it goes a long

way to show how indiscipline,distortion in reasoning and so called man of God

you claim to be.
it also shows how insensitive you are to national and

security issues. one least expects a man of God to pray

for his country and encourage his followers to

contribute their qouta to d growth of his country but

rather you let politics,selfish interest and enemies of

NIGERIA to work through you in destabilizing the

country.
if the holy spirit truly speaks to you and through you,

it ought to have told you that you are on the wrong

path. Please pray to your christain God for the right

spirit. angry

Does a man visited by Criminals pray for them or confront them? Are Nigerian Rulers not worse than criminals? Of what effect have all the prayers said in our churches since 1960s? As a member of the Catholic church, I can witness that we have said a prayer against Bribery and corruption in every Church in this country since 1993 or thereabout. Now tell me, is corruption getting better or worse in this country? What does this tell you about our silly prayers without good work.

Wake up, Bakare may not be totally sincere, but he is going the right way. Imagaine what would have happened if a fifth of the pastors and Imams in the country will queue behind him to protest against the massive stealing and bad governance going on in our country.

It is very funny when the pots call the kettle names. Uninformed are calling the informed names. So has our world ever been.

1 Like

Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by Goodyman(m): 2:20am On Jul 26, 2012
If Jesus Christ can extricate himself from the politics of his days, why don't we follow his footsteps? He was to be made King of Israel, but he rejected, saying "my kingdom is not of this world". As Christians, we are in this world, but not a part of this world. If we really want to be a part of this world and be enmeshed in it, then we find ourselves automatically becoming enemies of God. The fact that the Catholic Church is involved in politics is immaterial. What is more important is that are they following the footsteps of Jesus in this regard? Politics and religion, especially the Christian religion, are not good bed-fellows.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by boladez(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2012
Godman_n:

Does a man visited by Criminals pray for them or confront them? Are Nigerian Rulers not worse than criminals? Of what effect have all the prayers said in our churches since 1960s? As a member of the Catholic church, I can witness that we have said a prayer against Bribery and corruption in every Church in this country since 1993 or thereabout. Now tell me, is corruption getting better or worse in this country? What does this tell you about our silly prayers without good work.

Wake up, Bakare may not be totally sincere, but he is going the right way. Imagaine what would have happened if a fifth of the pastors and Imams in the country will queue behind him to protest against the massive stealing and bad governance going on in our country.

It is very funny when the pots call the kettle names. Uninformed are calling the informed names. So has our world ever been.
KpakaM! You are so right !

We all sit and pray for the country without doing anything, the politicians will come to the places of worship and sit in front, the men of God will pray for them, they go back and continue to steal........we continue to pray and they continue to steal.

If you ask the folks up north who have been denied the right to worship under a secure environment without fear of bombings they will tell you religion and politics must mix

We cannot sit in our rooms to pray and watch the whole country collapse.

If not for the useless unions that called off the January strike, Pastor Bakare's SNG would have made the FG reverse the pump price of fuel. And carry out strong reforms. GAJ promised results in 6 months, this is July and what new thiong and value has the FG added to our lives? ………..

………..But even at that the big success is that the subsidy thieves are being prosecuted today without any credit going to that man and his SNG that organised the mass protests. If Pastor Bakare had not come out with facts and figures and organised the protests we would have been buying petrol at almost 200 naira per litre. Look around you can you not see poverty ravaging the land? The people that do evil are not too bad because they are doing the works of their father the devil.....the people who see evil doers and keep quiet even if they are in the position to fight them off for the sake of the weak and downtrodden and do not fight it , are the real devils.

Pastor Bakare may God continue to strengthen you and grant you favour. Many of us are behind you ooooo ride on , if your utterances will irritate this FGN into improving this nation then so shall it be.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by LordReed(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What is wrong with the letter exactly ?

The only thing I noticed missing in the second paragraph was where the letter says ''Accept the assurance of the state director of security IN highst esteem.

The boded might just be an act of omission.

As long as it wasn't corrected in the letter it is an error.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by boladez(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
Just listening to Pastor Bakare on LTV - 60 minutes with Angela - He talked about the letter and confirmed it was badly written, he told the messengers that he was not a journalist in the business of interviewing people. Though he said they treated him professionally.

I tire for the SSS o, if they are writing to any member of the public, it should be in a manner that a common man would understand. I respect them so much but I am badly let down by such a blunder.

Communication is not what the communicator understands but for the communicatee (If I may use that word) to understand the message.
Re: SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture) by ryo(m): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2012
This is a total disgrace to the sss shame! shame!! shame!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.