Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Android App Developers Charges - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android App Developers Charges (5780 Views)

Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / MTN App Developers Competition Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android App Developers Charges by webmatic: 11:33am On Jul 24, 2012
hi, pls how much does it cost for developing an android application,anyone have an idea?
Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
It is not whether it's an Android, iPhone, Web, .NET or whatever application. It depends on the complexity of the application. How do you measure complexity? You associate it with time. The more complex, the more time is required. The developer can only give you an estimate of how many man-hours will be required. With that he can also estimate how much to charge.
Re: Android App Developers Charges by lordZOUGA(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
logica: It is not whether it's an Android, iPhone, Web, .NET or whatever application. It depends on the complexity of the application. How do you measure complexity? You associate it with time. The more complex, the more time is required. The developer can only give you an estimate of how many man-hours will be required. With that he can also estimate how much to charge.
really... You charge independent of platform?
Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
lordZOUGA:
really... You charge independent of platform?
...how is the costing associated with the platform?
Re: Android App Developers Charges by lordZOUGA(m): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
maybe because for some platforms, their development tools are not free and requires much knowledge and a certain level of expertise to code right?

1 Like

Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
lordZOUGA: maybe because for some platforms, their development tools are not free and requires much knowledge and a certain level of expertise to code right?
Can you name a few platforms that require the expertise of NASA scientists to use? And how expensive can those platforms tools be? $10,000 and above?

This is what I can tell you from my experience (using examples):

If I am to develop a calculator app and a chat app, I can immediately tell that the chat app is more complex and will therefore require more man-hours, meaning I will charge more for that. It would not matter whether the app is on Android or PC (using .NET or J2SE). And it would not matter that I paid, say $200 for the .NET tools. Surely, I don't know any development tools that are that expensive that they impact the overall development cost that much.

1 Like

Re: Android App Developers Charges by lordZOUGA(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
logica:
Can you name a few platforms that require the expertise of NASA scientists to use? And how expensive can those platforms tools be? $10,000 and above?

If I am to develop a calculator app and a chat app, I can immediately tell that the chat app is more complex and will therefore require more man-hours, meaning I will charge more for that. It would not matter whether the app is on Android or PC (using .NET or J2SE). And it would not matter that I paid, say $200 for the .NET tools. Surely, I don't know any development tools that are that expensive that they impact the overall development cost that much.
I think what am trying to say is that jus becos of the fact that there are fewer IOS developer in Nigeria than android, that an IOS developer will charge you higher than an android developer... And so it is with other platforms... Android>j2me.. Mac>windows
Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2012
lordZOUGA:
I think what am trying to say is that jus becos of the fact that there are fewer IOS developer in Nigeria than android, that an IOS developer will charge you higher than an android developer... And so it is with other platforms... Android>j2me.. Mac>windows
So you think all the developers on this website live in Nigeria? This is the Internet age; and any client who knows what he's looking for will not limit his search to Nigeria. Simply stated, an iOS developer has no leverage to charge higher than an Android developer on the same app requirement as long as they both have the same skill level and competence.

1 Like

Re: Android App Developers Charges by okeyxyz(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2012
bravo @logica, nice arguments.
Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
webmatic: hi, pls how much does it cost for developing an android application,anyone have an idea?
Well, you still have not laid out what Android app you want developed. That is the only way you can get estimates. There is no uniform price for developing Android apps.
Re: Android App Developers Charges by dcitizen1: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
If u re a good android or blackberry developers who reside in lagos, i will like you to send me a message thru my email: francisakwari@hotmail.com. I have a project i need you to work on
Re: Android App Developers Charges by DonaldGenes(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
logica:

Give me your phone number..I biz deal for both of us
Re: Android App Developers Charges by logica(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Give me your phone number..I biz deal for both of us
You can send an email.
Re: Android App Developers Charges by Soloizu: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
We are professionals in mobile app development and we site design www.justappsandwebs.com, or call 08139487868

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Build A Twitter like @mention System In PHP? / Im A Java Expert Here To Teach Those Who Wants To Learn. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.