Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan (938 Views)

Popularity Test: Who Is More Popular Saraki Or Ameachi? / Emmanuel Uduaghan Receives Silverbird Man Of The Year Award / Why I Appointed Speaker As Acting Governor – Gov. Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
This is an excerpt from an interview with Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State with the Editors of the Nation newspapers.

Delta State is a rich state
like Akwa Ibom, but is
the state spending
judiciously?

Really I hate comparisons;
that was why when you
said we are rich i wanted
to be clear on what the
richness is about. The state
you called now, our
allocation is not as much
as theirs. It has never been
since the past 5 years; we
don’t have the same
allocation. Two, states
have different problems
and challenges. This is the
only state or maybe Ondo,
where whatever we get,
especially the derivation
part, the governor does
not spend all the
derivation money. What
we are talking about now,
when it comes, i have to
divide it into two; 50%
goes to the state level and
50% goes to an outfit we
call the Delta State Area
Development Commission,
to be able to deal with the
oil producing
communities. I needed to
explain that so that when
you are talking about
being rich, i have that
going on. So the bit that is
left is what I have to use
for the whole state
including the oil producing
area. I still have to deal
with them from this
money. Two, I have a
challenge of having the
highest urban centres in
Nigeria. In Delta State,
there is Asaba, there is
Warri, there is Agbor,
there is Sapele, there is
Ughelli; and all of them
are urban centres that can
be state capitals. When
you doing something in
Asaba you also have to be
conscious that you are
doing something in some
of these places; it might
not be as much as what
you are doing in Asaba but
whatever you are doing in
Asaba you have to do near
that in Warri. We have
many urban centres that
you have to pay attention
to at the same time. you
go to some states and the
state capitals are the only
urban centres and people
are assessing from just
getting to the state
capitals. You go to some
states, you stop at the
capital and you leave
there and assess but you
cannot do that Delta. You
cannot come to Asaba and
assess from only Asaba
and go back, a lot of
people will take on you if
you make assessment
from only Asaba. That
means that our
development has to be
more widespread than
many other places. When
people say, ‘He is not
doing much’ they don’t
take some of these factors
into place. In any case,
people have different
programmes, I am not on
a popularity test.

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/politics/54878-oil-producing-states-should-get-50-derivation-says-uduaghan.html
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
This man has indirectly admitted that he has failed in governance. He now pigeon-hole on flimsy excuses to justify his incompetence. One needs to remind him that a state like Akwa Ibom has 5 major towns namely; Eket, IkotAbasi, Ikot Ekpene, Oron and Uyo city. Excluding the new Ibaka Industrial City dat wud host the Deep-sea port. And Akpabio seems to be developing the whole state all at once.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by mutiply: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
uduaghan,always in d news for d wrong reasons,its like a trademark attached to him
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by bashr8: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
these governors and politicians dont get it , nbody can really tell who is working and who isnt but if you continue living large, driving on convoys of expensive cars, living in mansions, your children schooling abroad with lots of money to throw away while people in the state live below poverty level then you can never convince anyone that you are trying your best.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by floriana(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
same with me. I refused to contest at the Olympics because I can't win a gold medal.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by don33310(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
I have always thought Uduaghan is senseless and he has just proven it.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
gringringringringringringrin
Yes o, Ewetan Uduaghan himself!
Go ahead, prove your critics right.

@OP, you no sabi edit ni? angry
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by monkeyleg: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Please make una pass this one give Emma - It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Eweta has always been like that. Doesnt know when to shut his mouth. same sort of Mis-Yan got him into hot water in Aladja. Let him hurry up and vacate Delta state
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
Na the governor for beaf state be dis and he go dey chase Aregbesola about
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by ypzilanti: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
Uduaghan should lower his head in shame. Is Uyo the only urban center in Akwa Ibom?
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Detongue: 12:58am On Jul 25, 2012
U ppl should spare my gov'nor, he just said it as it is.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Afam4eva(m): 5:53am On Jul 25, 2012
ypzilanti: Uduaghan should lower his head in shame. Is Uyo the only urban center in Akwa Ibom?
You can't compare Akwa Ibom to Delta state. In Delta you have to try as much as possible to rreplicate projects in the majorr towns in that state. Even Asaba that is the state capital does not get the best treatment most times. But don'tr think that's an excuse for failure.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Acidosis(m): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2012
If you've been to Delta state, then you'll understand his points.
He had just said the truth.

Delta state has other urban centres aside Asaba.

If you go to Warri, you'll think you're in a state capital, same goes to Agbor, Ughelli, Sapele. Agbor is better than some state capitals in Nigeria.

Delta state is one of the states with the best intra-city and inter-state transport services. Their transport service links all the towns including the villages with a fully air conditioned branded buses and cars with modern bus-stops

This man is very right even though he has his own lapses.

Good governance is beyond televising every little thing you do on NTA. We have seen the Akwa-Ibom e-library, we saw the new government house. . But all they have to show us is the state capital.

I'm yet to see a state that will pay half the bursary Delta indigenes receives. I am yet to see a state with 2 airports. I am yet to see a state with 4 to 5 stadia.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Acidosis: If you've been to Delta state, then you'll understand his points.

If you go to Warri, you'll think you're in a state capital, same goes to Agbor, Ughelli, Sapele. Agbor is better than some state capitals in Nigeria.

Delta state is one of the states with the best intra-city and inter-state transport services. Their transport service links all the towns including the villages with a fully air conditioned branded buses and cars with modern bus-stops

Good governance is beyond televising every little thing you do on NTA. We have seen the Akwa-Ibom e-library, we saw the new government house. . But all they have to show us is the state capital.

I'm yet to see a state that will pay half the bursary Delta indigenes receives. I am yet to see a state with 2 airports. I am yet to see a state with 4 to 5 stadia.
you are talking real crap coz u're are not really enlighted. And you are very gullible to believe this bullshit from a governor. Look, delta n bayelsa are 2 south-south states dat hav got nothing 2 show 4dia huge resources. Delta has air-strips 4light weight air-planes and NOT air-PORT. D airstrip in warri n asaba cannot land wide-body aircrafts. And If u talk bout transport system, even many poor states got this. Cross river e.g has d best urban taxi system in nigeria. Many states also hav an inter-state trans-system dat connects d nation. Most niger-delta states pay nice sums 2students as busary 2as much as 20k, but cud all dis count wen we talk bout sustainable development n infrastructure?? Has delta state world-class roads, 5-star hotels, a good airport dat cud connect d world, world-class stadium, education n tourism infrastructure n a modern city. These are d little tings dat wud count, n not dat crap!
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Murphy7h4: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2012
BUMPS
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Acidosis(m): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
you are talking real crap coz u're are not really enlighted. And you are very gullible to believe this bullshit from a governor. Look, delta n bayelsa are 2 south-south states dat hav got nothing 2 show 4dia huge resources. Delta has air-strips 4light weight air-planes and NOT air-PORT. D airstrip in warri n asaba cannot land wide-body aircrafts. And If u talk bout transport system, even many poor states got this. Cross river e.g has d best urban taxi system in nigeria. Many states also hav an inter-state trans-system dat connects d nation. Most niger-delta states pay nice sums 2students as busary 2as much as 20k, but cud all dis count wen we talk bout sustainable development n infrastructure?? Has delta state world-class roads, 5-star hotels, a good airport dat cud connect d world, world-class stadium, education n tourism infrastructure n a modern city. These are d little tings dat wud count, n not dat crap!

You are the one talking trash here. How many world class stadia do you have in your country?
Quote me if I'm wrong, Delta has the highest number of stadia in Nigeria. If you don't believe, then you are on your own.
Could you please name a modern city in Nigeria aside the few state capitals?

How many Niger-delta states have that airPORT that will connect the world?

If you go to Asaba or Warri, and you still can't find a standard hotel, then I'll suggest you go lodge in the atmosphere.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by mutiply: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2012
@ Acidosis
d city u mentioned especially agbor is like a village compared to state capitals,dere is no major road in agbor,d bursary is a scam cause nt all d students were paid,d airpots ar capital base projects dat will be of no benefit to d common man,whn last did u go do deltans ar suffering,for d record,delta power supply is d worst in nigeria,whn last d u visit d stadiums?and d stadiums were built by ibori.mind wht u say here
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by dasparrow: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2012
@Post

Gov. Uduaghan is just making excuses. Even he knows that he his administration is not popular with the people. Lazy governor like him that has turned my state into a complete joke. Can't he see what his fellow colleagues Fashola, Oshiomole, Akpabio and the Enugu governor are doing with their states? Uduaghan ought to be ashamed of himself. If he can't do the job he was elected for, he should kindly step down and let someone else with a vision and genuine concern for the citizens of the state of Delta take over. Shikena!
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2012
Acidosis:

You are the one talking trash here. How many world class stadia do you have in your country?
Quote me if I'm wrong, Delta has the highest number of stadia in Nigeria. If you don't believe, then you are on your own.
Could you please name a modern city in Nigeria aside the few state capitals?

How many Niger-delta states have that airPORT that will connect the world?

If you go to Asaba or Warri, and you still can't find a standard hotel, then I'll suggest you go lodge in the atmosphere.

Are u not aware that Akpabio is building an Olympic size stadium in his state? Those mundane structures in delta dont really count as 21st century stadia. FYI, d Ibom airport is d only category-2 airport in nigeria after d MMA in lagos. Ibom airport is d only airport in 9ja wit an aircraft maintenance/repair/overhaul facility for A-C checks. Emirate Airlines has concluded plans to fly a non-stop Uyo-DUBAI-Uyo route. Standard hotels dont mek a city thick,but only 5 & 7star hotels.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by don33310(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Acidosis: If you've been to Delta state, then you'll understand his points.

Please,don't say what you don't know,were is Uduaghan development, Asaba,Warri, Sapele,Abraka,Ughelli,kwale,Agbor, i will tell you... the answer is NOTHING. We knew James Ibori was bad but we saw the structures he left behind but for Uduaghan NOTHING
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by Acidosis(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
mutiply: @ Acidosis
d city u mentioned especially agbor is like a village compared to state capitals,dere is no major road in agbor,d bursary is a scam cause nt all d students were paid,d airpots ar capital base projects dat will be of no benefit to d common man,whn last did u go do deltans ar suffering,for d record,delta power supply is d worst in nigeria,whn last d u visit d stadiums?and d stadiums were built by ibori.mind wht u say here

No major road in Agbor? Are you serious?
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by mutiply: 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
^
dere is road bt dey ar in deplorable conditions,d major road dat is being worked on dere presenty is fake cause d contrators ar playin wit it,i.e d old lagos asaba road.
Re: I Am Not On A Popularity Test With Any State Governor- Gov. Emmanuel Uduaghan by otokx(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
The day i drove past one of em township stadium tears came out of my eyes, such a shame - it was the Ughelli one by the way.

(1) (Reply)

Ogoniland, Biafra; Nigeria On The Path To Sudan - TBW / Biafra Deserves Reparation! / The Biafra War And Why The Truth Was Blocked From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.