Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff (1001 Views)

How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff by Ajike: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2007
Hi guys, i finally find how to post a topic in this forum. thanks to tommyex.

Yah! there is this topic that has been bugging my head, can somebody in this forum tell me what could have been the reason why HND holders are being employ as a contract staff in our financial institutions? does is it mean they're half baked bread or they're graduate from advance secondary school, cos i cant really understand what is going on in this country. A university graduate and a polytechnic graduate who serve together as a corper, use the same number of years to achieve the same purpose but on getting to employment market made to understand that the university graduate is more superior than him or her. Can somebody just please explain to me cos i find it difficult to comprehend.
Re: Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff by ishmael(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2007
Polytechnics in Nigeria are looked at the same way we look at Technical & commercial colleges today. Universities are looked at the same way we look at conventional secondary schools that offer pure secondary and comprehensive type of education.
Ask yourself ,do people like or want their kids to go to Technical/commercial colleges??
Re: Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff by Ajike: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2007
NO. I wouldn't want that for my kid. But our government shld make it understandable to Nigerian children going into polytechnics of what is awaiting them in the labour market instead of deceiving them to believe that is the same first degree like university or better still close down all the polytechnics.
Re: Why Hnd Holders Are Being Employ As A Contract Staff by ishmael(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
when u are in the polytechnic they console u by telling you that hnd is equivalent to a degree, not knowing that even the government parastatals and ministries hate hnd certificate; they discriminate hnd holders, they even started it before the private sector.

(1) (Reply)

Are You A True Aat Cert Holder? / Which Programme Will Be Suitable For An Advanced Person? / 1000 Naira Investment Turns To N100,000 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.