Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (10215 Views)

Poll: Is it?

Yes: 21% (7 votes)
No: 78% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / Why Cant Benin Be More Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by chuckdee4(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2007
@ poster

I'm a Nigerian that was born in the Uk but grew up in Naija, now i reside in the UK, so i believe i'm in the perfect position to talk about the Uk and Nigeria.
Personally i feel your blowing a lot of hot air over nothing. Nigeria may not be the best place on earth but we all love it the way it is.

As accommodating and nice as the UK is its got its own issues, i for one do not feel British even though i was born here, u must know that they are a million and one other black people with a britich passport, does that stop the police from treting u differently? Does that stop racism against u, Wether u have a British passport or not, once u stand next to a Nigerian or Ghanian citizen, your all looked upon as the sme kindda people.

See being Nigerian and living in Nigeria completely cuts out racism, at least your treated like e full member of the nation and not a 2nd class citizen. Having said that we have our own issues like tribalism and corruption.

No place is perfect and i can understand your love for the Uk (I love the UK myself but can't forget my homeland) but don't walk around goin on like the UK is the best place on earth. You sound like u want all Nigerians to bow down to u because your English (Typical English mentality, i can't blame u afterall your British). You should take a cue from these so-called Nigerians uve met and learn to respect every country even if they are not the richest on earth

For the record i actually prefer the states
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by cyberjaya: 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2007
UK or US, If you have ever been to New zealand or Japan, you would think twice,

Many americans looking for jobs in Japan!!!!
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by amsky(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2007
pls someone should kindly tell me what kind of inferiority complex this elo whatever is suffering fromis she okay. this is a sapele girl from what i can see.
my dear,it does not matter where you were born.when people want to trace your ancestors,they will never start from london or US.be proud of your homeland okay.if it's the uk i have been in for 4yrs you are talikng about,then it reminds me often times of my dear nigeria.
you be careful let me tell you o grin dont make me laugh at your small mind anymore like i've just done now. you are sooooo pathetic,i dont believe this-you scare me. shocked
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2007
chuckdee4:

@ poster

I'm a Nigerian that was born in the Uk but grew up in Naija, now i reside in the UK, so i believe i'm in the perfect position to talk about the Uk and Nigeria.
Personally i feel your blowing a lot of hot air over nothing. Nigeria may not be the best place on earth but we all love it the way it is.

As accommodating and nice as the UK is its got its own issues, i for one do not feel British even though i was born here, u must know that they are a million and one other black people with a britich passport, does that stop the police from treting u differently? Does that stop racism against u, Wether u have a British passport or not, once u stand next to a Nigerian or Ghanian citizen, your all looked upon as the sme kindda people.

See being Nigerian and living in Nigeria completely cuts out racism, at least your treated like e full member of the nation and not a 2nd class citizen. Having said that we have our own issues like tribalism and corruption.

No place is perfect and i can understand your love for the Uk (I love the UK myself but can't forget my homeland) but don't walk around goin on like the UK is the best place on earth. You sound like u want all Nigerians to bow down to u because your English (Typical English mentality, i can't blame u afterall your British). You should take a cue from these so-called Nigerians uve met and learn to respect every country even if they are not the richest on earth

For the record i actually prefer the states

Ah right! I know where I feel at home and unfortunately it is not Nigeria as much as I would like it to be. I don't want or need for any Nigerian to bow down to me, rather, I would like some to stop deluding themselves because I keep on hearing the same statement "Nigeria is better than the UK"all the time from them trying to put me down! Thanks for your input anyway!

amsky:

please someone should kindly tell me what kind of inferiority complex this elo whatever is suffering fromis she okay. this is a sapele girl from what i can see.
my dear,it does not matter where you were born.when people want to trace your ancestors,they will never start from london or US.be proud of your homeland okay.if it's the uk i have been in for 4yrs you are talikng about,then it reminds me often times of my dear nigeria.
you be careful let me tell you o grin don't make me laugh at your small mind anymore like i've just done now. you are sooooo pathetic,i don't believe this-you scare me. shocked

You sound like a first class Arrow! In future, please take the time to learn to write and communicate effectively before deciding to express a view on a public message board.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2007
I think you are all missing the point 

The fact is that anywhere has to be better than Nigeria to live in. Even a cesspit  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

People blame corruption for their woes. The truth of the matter is that a country is only what it's people make it. The Nigerians that live in other nations are not there because they have been displaced, they are there because they prefer it to Nigeria.

You have to admit, if you look at the filth, squalor and crime in a place like Lagos, anywhere is better  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by ADESUWA(f): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2008
Reverend:

I think you are all missing the point

The fact is that anywhere has to be better than Nigeria to live in. Even a cesspit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

People blame corruption for their woes. The truth of the matter is that a country is only what it's people make it. The Nigerians that live in other nations are not there because they have been displaced, they are there because they prefer it to Nigeria.
You have to admit, if you look at the filth, squalor and crime in a place like Lagos, anywhere is better lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You forgot to admit that about 30% of people that are stay in Lagos are still there because they can't get visas to go out, take a 4:00am trip to the Americam Embassy and you'll understand. Forget American embassy go to the South African one and you'll see
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by amsky(m): 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
this elosela or what you must be mindful of your words okay.if i sound like a first class Arrow,then you are a first class Arrow in the highest order.it takes a Arrow to know a Arrow.anyway let's not begin the year on this note okay girl wink wink
let's be good girls now.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by tollyfat: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2008
EloSela,How about a trip to the states to see things for yourself.Maybe then you will understand why you think Nigerians in the US are mean to their UK counterparts like u said.London is just about 1/5 the size on Houston is Texas.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2008
amsky:

anyway let's not begin the year on this note okay girl wink wink
let's be good girls now.

Ok, you are still an idiot though grin

tollyfat:

EloSela,How about a trip to the states to see things for yourself.Maybe then you will understand why you think Nigerians in the US are mean to their UK counterparts like u said.London is just about 1/5 the size on Houston is Texas.

What part of 'I have been all over the us' from my initial post didn't you understand?
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by amsky(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2008
ah ah this elosela!!!!! you no dey tire .okay i agree am still an idiot,but we are both idiots yeah grin grin grin grin

okay lets's hug,and make up. i like your kind of person sha-never-say-die.now that's a real nigerian there wink
keep it real. kiss
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by gbeborun(m): 1:42am On Jan 11, 2008
silly people, why the noise about yankee and jand? Make everybody respect him/herself and treat their adopted country with respect.
Nigerians with mouth sha, after doing 3 jobs you guys in america still have the strength to fight abi?
God don catch them especially now that the US economy is in recession.
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
amsky:

ah ah this elosela!!!!! you no dey tire .okay i agree am still an idiot,but we are both idiots yeah grin grin grin grin

okay lets's hug,and make up. i like your kind of person sha-never-say-die.now that's a real nigerian there wink
keep it real. kiss

ok you no be idiot. All the best for 2008! grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by leyla(f): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2008
@almondpie and numpty heads!

Ye are but little mortal fools, with mashed bananas for brains tongue
Let me educate you.
England[i][/i]
Free health care for all-yes!
Nigeria-no!
America-no!

free education for all
free further education
benefits/money for the poor
free money/benefits for the disabled
free money/benefits for the unemployed
free/money benefits for the old

equal opportunities for all, non discrimination laws,
police do not take money from people anywhere!

sooooo many foreigners are always trying to come to england-why do you think

Our housing is far superior-we even give homes to the homeless and guess what they don't have to pay!

We have a permanent supply of electricity-gas, no generators needed here!

we also have free dentists to look after our pearly white 'rabbit teeth'. Our wonderful temperate climate allows us to enjoy the wind blowing through our golden locks-and the sea breezes gently brushing against our sun kissed bronzed and rosy cheeks, even our sun kissed freckles-ahhh grin

England oh England, how we love you so,

I have one apartment, 5 acres of land, 6 horses, one dog who is gorgeous and has her own clothes and bedroom, stunning car 7.5 tonne lorry for my horse transport with luxury living accommodation inside. Fantastic job, plus own family shop, oh but i now only have to work 16 hours a week, and you call America the land of opportunity?

And i started with nothing!!!!

now don't be haters please, we conquered the world remember, we are great, in our greatness tongue

and to make life perfect, i have a wonderful, gorgeous Nigerian hubby mmmmmmmmm

you may say, he only married you for your money, and i will say, well, i only married him for his body, and boy oh boy, it is good!

but i am am a stunner though!

grin grin grin wink grin grin
Re: The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? by tipsy289(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2008
ur stuff is so long i dont even care about arguing about u.k or nigeria.
go straight to the point,when writing on a forum you have to be concise wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASTMA Announces Closure Of Ahmadu Bello Way, Suggests Alternative Routes / Hotels Close To Walter Carrington / 29 Killed As Uganda Party Boat Capsizes On Lake Victoria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.