Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! (1375 Views)

The Much Awaited EUROPEAN FIRE CONFERENCE 2015 / The Scientific And Empirical Proof That God Truly Exists / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2012
I Begin In The Name of The Supreme being- GOD!

PEACE To ALL!!

Rule #1:
Never assume that you know, until you possess an unchallengeable proof supporting what you think you know.

RULE #2:
Those who sincerely and earnestly seek out truth should not really care about its source.what should matter most to them is if, in fact it is truth. As an example, does it matter if the truth about God is found in the Bible, Qur’an , Torah, Vedas, Avesta e.t.c.? No! What should matter is if such a source reflects observable truth- and our generation certainly possesses the yardstick to use in evaluating the veracity of any such claim.

RULE #3:
The greatest mistake a truth seeker can make, is to judge truth(or lack thereof)by the actions of any particular group or society;for truth on its own is self-sufficient. As an example, do we judge the truth about Jesus based on the actions (belief) of Christians? Absolutely Not. For the truth about Jesus may or may not be reflected in the behavior of Christians. Just as we should not evaluate the true teachings of Muhammad based on the actions of those who say they follow his way. Ultimately, we never judge or draw conclusions about God based on the actions of religious people or those disguising themselves as scientists(the bigoted materialist ones).

The following Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/996550/did-anyone-dead-living-witnessed
Prompted me into thinking i need to present this, after more than two years of considering it.

After going through this, those who contend that science and religion are adversaries and incompatible must accept one of the following :

1) Either what is asserted as religion has nothing to do with religious truth, thus, fabrications extraneous to religion must be purged;

or,

2) The so-called scientific data or assumptions are false. One should inquire then, by systematic observation and logical deduction, where the errors lie and then search for scientific truth.

Religion, as a system devised by God, cannot contradict the universal natural laws imposed by the same God. However, bigoted fundamentalists, styling themselves as God’s spokesmen, and orthodox scientists who deny the Creator of all sciences, do their utmost to prove the so-called contradiction.

At the end of this, we’ll inevitably end up with the following stratified categories:

1)Vast majority who will say they do not care if this is truth or not. That they are content with what they have as their own truth. This category will mostly comprise of Religious people.

2)Some who'll contend that what’s been presented as truth is all forgery. That such thing do not exist and will seek to make Hoax of the whole proceedings. These will comprise mostly of the ardent Materialists. In pre-emption of such, i would want those who will contend the veracity of what i present here to please provide me a plausible explanation how the information got into the source i will be deriving from.

3) Those i term the Elites amongst few. They are those ever ready to acknowledge the truth. This group comprise of individuals who labor day and night seeking answers to the most elusive question: Is there any such truth as GOD? They are open minded and sincere in their quest. Ultimately, what matters to them is truth. They may or may not comprise of categories 1&2 above.

I hope my prediction turns out wrong. Cos i would wish that everybody falls in catergory3, but that isn’t possible- as experience has proven to me!

The evidence i shall present here is derived from the [url=https://1cabb384-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/evidenceofgod/Quran.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7crHIi94BpCpL82I0hE2JqlVpklFwpoE95k4QBM7-Em8DRdYScbkqe4DvxaWGWlNHyAGeRm-LVQrxjCnDzj03YIJOi9dd12hK3cLavQI1yPIvcfbIj4hJmCl7dQYG8aeBF_hU1zcplt5t6WlukUhugpwk8rTjSQkDrfRo94x8OIhWsAaEimW1VZ38lslO6VURcYk3efLuRYPeTL7I-9BZLyH3w7DNA%3D%3D&attredirects=0]Qu’ran[/url]. If you’re already hissing, well that’s cos the truth is not meant for you, and you might as well just quit reading now!. For those who choose to remain objective and read on till the end, i will ask you please be patient ,read everything and pardon the lengthy write-up. The matter under discussion necessitates that it be so. As i present this, i will recourse to using many sources, and often i will Quote verbatim(copy –paste).

O My Lord, dear GOD, the ruler of the highest dominion. The possessor of all kingship. The source of all realities. The eternal constant. As i undertake this in your service, i pray you grant me the proper understanding, remove all prejudice from my heart, grant me eloquence and soften the hearts of the listeners so they may understand your message.

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtIMDhJTsI[/flash]

NB: Everybody is welcomed to participate; this is an open forum and by no means am i choosy.

If anybody cares to know what my beliefs are, then check out:

www.miracleof19.org
www.submission.org
www.masjidtucson.org
www.quranalone.com

Download Quran(PDF) here: [url=https://1cabb384-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/evidenceofgod/Quran.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7crHIi94BpCpL82I0hE2JqlVpklFwpoE95k4QBM7-Em8DRdYScbkqe4DvxaWGWlNHyAGeRm-LVQrxjCnDzj03YIJOi9dd12hK3cLavQI1yPIvcfbIj4hJmCl7dQYG8aeBF_hU1zcplt5t6WlukUhugpwk8rTjSQkDrfRo94x8OIhWsAaEimW1VZ38lslO6VURcYk3efLuRYPeTL7I-9BZLyH3w7DNA%3D%3D&attredirects=0]Quran Download[/url]
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by justaqad(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
*anxiously waiting*
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by okeyxyz(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
waoh!! Very interesting video. need to research more of it.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
okeyxyz: waoh!! Very interesting video. need to research more of it.

Crucial Advice*

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself.
I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for
using them.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
Let me share a few Quranic verses with you before i continue from earlier:

[6:37] They said, "If only a certain sign could come down to him from his Lord!" Say, "GOD is able to send down a sign, but most of them do not know."

[6:38] All the creatures on earth, and all the birds that fly with wings, are communities like you. We did not leave anything out of this book.** To their Lord, all these creatures will be summoned.

[6:39] Those who reject our proofs are deaf and dumb, in total darkness. Whomever GOD wills, He sends astray, and whomever He wills, He leads in a straight path.

[17:59] What stopped us from sending the miracles is that the previous generations have rejected them. For example, we showed Thamoud the camel, a profound (miracle), but they transgressed against it. We sent the miracles only to instill reverence.

The man(Muhammad) tasked with delivering the final edition of God's message to the world was not given miracles like earlier prophets. The quran in many places alludes to the fact that the quran itself was the miracle:

[10:20] They say, "How come no miracle came down to him from his Lord?" Say, "The future belongs to GOD; so wait, and I am waiting along with you."

[29:51] Is it not enough of a miracle* that we sent down to you this book, being recited to them? This is indeed a mercy and a reminder for people who believe.

A Great Prophecy*

[41:53] We will show them our proofs in the horizons, and within themselves, until they realize that this is the truth.* Is your Lord not sufficient as a witness of all things?

Nothing can convince most people*

[6:7] Even if we sent down to them a physical book, written on paper, and they touched it with their hands, those who disbelieved would have said, "This is no more than clever magic."

[7:132] They said, "No matter what kind of sign you show us, to dupe us with your magic, we will not believe."

The Challenge Most people Still Give today: Until they see God Physically

[17:90] They said, "We will not believe you unless you cause a spring to gush out of the ground.

[17:91] "Or unless you own a garden of date palms and grapes, with rivers running through it.

[17:92] "Or unless you cause masses from the sky, as you claimed, to fall on us. Or unless you bring GOD and the angels before our eyes.

Requirements of the Test*

[6:158] Are they waiting for the angels to come to them, or your Lord, or some physical manifestations of your Lord? The day this happens, no soul will benefit from believing if it did not believe before that, and did not reap the benefits of belief by leading a righteous life.* Say, "Keep on waiting; we too are waiting."

NOTE: The use of plural tenses(e.g We or Us) in reference to God only means participation of other entities in carrying out God's commands. As an example verse will make it clearer:

[16:2] He sends down the angels with the revelations, carrying His commands, to whomever He chooses from among His servants: "You shall preach that there is no other god beside Me; You shall reverence Me."
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 12:46am On Jul 26, 2012
For Now, i will not be delving into doctrinal issues. You may already be guessing why, but this i think should be saved for last. What we should concern ourselves with is the proofs within the book.

As i present any issue, i will also be providing the scientific background supporting it- usually, this will be
quite lengthy. This should not be a problem for those who care to know. As i said earlier, these efforts aren't
mine, i am simply presenting it as is.

For those who've watched the video and are skeptical or apprehensive about the whole thing; please no need for that.
I believe most of us here are intelligent enough in discerning truth from falsehood. From the video, it's quite evident
that no ancient could've contrived the scientific statements found within the Qur'an- at least not 1400 years ago.

While the Qur'an is not a book of sciences, i do believe the author has strong reasons for including such. This will become manifest as we gradually progress. From the outset, i really want all of us to realize none of us chose to be where we're now. None chose to be born a Jew, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh e.t.c If we're sure God is aware of that,then believe me, that's not what matters to God. What matters is how you take charge of your destiny and Where your Epiphany about Your existence in relation to the universe leads you. Do not let the clergy deceive and turn you into a sheep that is herded and wielded as desired. God will certainly be happy with you if you used your brain correctly.

[size=14pt] 1-WE LIVE IN AN EXPANDING UNIVERSE [/size]

[51:47]With power did We construct heaven. Verily, We are expanding it. [51-The Dispersing, 47]

Is the universe infinite? Or is it finite in a steady state? From the very beginning this has been a subject of debate between great minds. Hot debates and ratiocination of all kinds failed to clarify this dilemma. This had once been
the subject of philosophical speculations before it yielded its place to the science of physics. Some of the great minds argued that the universe was not a confined space, while others contended that its boundaries were drawn. The Quran describes it as a continuously expanding and dynamic universe. According to this description, the universe has a new aspect every instant that deviates from the concept of an infinite space; its perpetual expansion defies
the concept of a confined and steady state universe. Thus, the Quran propounds a third alternative, leaving the heated controversy of thinkers in abeyance.

This may contribute to the formulation of a judgment for the inquiring minds, probing whether the Quran is God’s revelation or not. We have, on the one hand, Muhammad in the desert, neither a philosopher nor a physicist, and, on the other hand, the assumptions of great thinkers and philosophers such as Aristotle, Ptolemy, Giordano Bruno, Galileo Galilei and Isaac Newton, to name but a few. The greatest minds in history, basing their arguments on observations and formulas they had ingeniously devised, claimed either that the universe had its confines or that it was an endless space, but it occurred to none of them to think of a dynamic expanding universe, until the 20th century when Edwin Hubble, by means of a telescope, demonstrated that the universe was expanding. The theory of expansion of the universe was first advanced in the 1920s. Until the descent of the Quran no other source had made such an assertion!

DISCOVERY OF THE EXPANDING UNIVERSE

There was a gap in Newton’s physics. Newton believed in an endlessly vast and static universe. His law of gravity encountered a problem. How was it that the physical bodies, in the course of eons, defied their mutual attractions and did not collapse into a unity? The formula that Einstein devised abandoned the absolute notions of space and time as
reference points for all objects in the universe. Basing his studies on Einstein’s formulas, Alexander Friedmann, a Russian physicist, discovered that the universe must be expanding. Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cleric, astronomer and cosmologist, formulated that the universe had begun in a cataclysmic explosion of a small, primeval superatom, like the growing of an oak tree from an acorn. This theory explained the recession of galaxies within the framework of Albert Einstein’s theory of general relativity. This idea was so incredible that even Einstein had problems accepting it, despite the fact that this all had originated from his own formulas. Einstein, rather, countered that physics was not the forte of Lemaître, and the universe was an infinite expanse and in a steady state. Lemaître’s theory posited that the universe was expanding. This was a statement that no philosopher and no scientist had ever before set forth. Kant had said in his Critique of Pure Reason that this was an enigma unsolvable by human intelligence. This theory fit everything and explained the reason why the universe did not collapse in spite of gravity. The key had fit into the lock. It was the correct explanation of the enigma. However, this statement met with the usual adverse reaction: “No, it is not the truth...”

Remaining outside the sphere of theoretical controversy, American astronomer Hubble was, about the same time, making observations with his sophisticated telescope in the Mount Wilson observatory. He observed that galaxies were receding from each other, which proved that the universe was expanding. In answer to those who said they could not believe in things their eyes had not witnessed, Hubble’s discovery led to the following declaration: “Now that you see it, you have got to believe it.” Hubble showed this by the Doppler Effect. Thus the wavelengths of receding bodies prolonged in the spectrum of light waves would shift to red, while, if the bodies approached each other, the wavelengths would shorten, shifting to blue. The light that came from galaxies that shifted to red showed that the galaxies were receding. In line with this observation, Hubble discovered a striking law: the speed of galaxies that receded was directly proportional to the distance between galaxies. The farther away a galaxy stood, the more its speed of recession accelerated. The result was tested again and again. In 1950, a high-magnification telescope was installed on Mount Palomar in the USA, the largest instrument of its kind. The new tests and controls justified this observation. The measurements made pointed to the fact that the creation of the universe occurred about 10-15 billion years ago.

Both Einstein and Lemaître took an interest in Hubble’s work; Einstein, who did not agree with Lemaître at first, eventually acknowledged during a conference that Lemaître was right after all. He confessed that his failure to endorse these findings had been the gravest error in his life. Thus it was that the fact that the universe was of a
dynamic nature and expanding, confirmed by observations, was also validated by the great physicist Einstein.
In the examples presented by Hubble and Lemaître, we see illustrated how a physicist arrives at a conclusion both in theory and through observation. While Lemaître demonstrated how he had made inferences from Einstein’s formulas to substantiate his theoretical discoveries, Hubble presented the data of his observations and his conclusions.
As we see, the result obtained by physicists is the consequence of cumulative and collective bits of knowledge and research. The Creator of physical laws provides the answer in the Quran to the issues of towering importance throughout human history. The Quran’s presentation of scientific facts is clear, direct, and concise; it is different than the presentation of scientists, which tends to be complicated by scientific methods and procedures. The provider of this answer does not have to go through all the labyrinths a scientist has to. The Quran’s method is perfectly straightforward, unswerving and explicit.

If we had the possibility of looking at the universe from above and somebody asked us to describe what we saw, our answer would be that it was expanding. To achieve the Quran’s revelation of this fact 1400 years ago, man would have needed access to the assistance of accumulated scientific data acquired throughout long years and to sophisticated telescopes. When people claim that science and religion oppose each other, the Quran furnishes answers to the most complicated scientific problems. Observations made by sophisticated telescopes today confirm the statements of the Quran. The Quran, perfectly aware of the human psyche with its prescience, states that non-believers will insist on their convictions regardless how many miracles are presented to them. Some ask: “Why did the people also not believe in Jesus, who had performed miracles and healed the sick and the blind?” This example demonstrates why the
majority of people did not believe in Christ and the other prophets, despite their miracles. Miracles change in fact as time goes by, but the negative attitude of most humans remains unchanged.

Yes....! It is too too lengthy you would say. But if you understood the significance of what we're discussing, then you would know why it ought to be so. Patience.....

Will continue tomorrow God willing.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 11:55am On Jul 26, 2012
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
[11:14] If they fail to meet your challenge, then know that this is revealed with GOD's knowledge, and that there is no god except He. Will you then submit?

[45:23] Have you noted the one whose god is his ego? Consequently, GOD sends him astray, despite his knowledge, seals his hearing and his mind, and places a veil on his eyes. Who then can guide him, after such a decision by GOD? Would you not take heed?

I am nobody's advocate. I am doing this because it's the right thing to do. We all are responsible for how we use
the reasoning mind we have been bestowed. I'll keep going slowly until we get to what i call "the ultimate miracle".
The websites in the OP i believe is sufficient.

[size=14pt]2-THE BIG-BANG[/size]

[21:30] Do not these disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were an integrated mass, which We then split, and from water We made all living things? Will they not believe even then? [21-The Prophets, 30]

We deduce from the contents of this verse that it admonishes the unbelievers for ignoring the apparent miracles. The atheists’ basic contention is that matter has no beginning and that it is the matter that has generated everything, both living and inanimate things, by fortuitous act. The Big Bang theory refutes the basic assertion of atheism in positing that the universe and time had a beginning. “Do not these disbelievers see that...?” is significant. And as it is implied by this verse, the fact that the heavens and the earth were in a state of unity before they were rent asunder was something indeed conceivable by the human mind. The 1900s were the years during which scientific discoveries succeeded each other. Those were the years in which some people tried to point out the contradiction between science and religion. It was presumptuous of them as their whims had been indulged by the prosperity generated by the industrial revolution to idolize matter, daring to substitute it for God. The fact that matter was created - that it had had beginning - as proven by the Big Bang theory, was a blow for unbelievers. The concluding
sentence of the verse “Will they not believe even then?” is significant in that history confirmed the truth of this and the unbelievers remained adamant despite evidence produced.

Nevertheless, the arguments of this verse refute the unbelievers’ thesis of eternal matter and compel them to believe. This truth that was to be taken for a fact 1300 years after the revelation of the Quran was another warning for unbelievers. In history, there has been no one, other than the God through Quran, who claimed that the universe
had been expanding and that the heavens and the earth had been split asunder. Ancient Greece, the Middle Ages, the Modern Age, Plato, Thales - all those who had attempted to explain natural phenomena in natural terms - Ptolemy, Copernicus, Kepler and Kant, none of humanity’s great minds, had had an inkling of an expanding universe and of the fact that before creation the heavens and the earth had been an indivisible whole. Without the sophisticated equipment of the twentieth century at their disposal, and devoid of all accumulated scientific data, all of these celebrated philosophers and physicists had failed to take cognizance of this fact. The Creator of the universe communicated such important facts about His creation in His book and shed light on the celestial bodies, also proving thereby that the Quran had been His revelation. God unfolded to man the evidences of His creation, the creation that had originated from a single point in which man stood as another point. It is significant to note that while pointing at the comprehensibility of this revelation in the verse, “Do not these disbelievers see...?” He prefigures the stubbornness of unbelievers: “Will they not believe even then?” Einstein himself said that what astounded him was the comprehensibility of his discoveries about the universe, rather than the discoveries themselves. This shows how significant it was to stress the fact that these phenomena were in fact within the reach of man’s mental capacity.

COULD MUHAMMAD HAVE SENT A SATELLITE TO SPACE?

[7:132] They said: “No matter what kind of sign you show us,to bewitch us, we will not believe in you.”[7-The Purgatory, 132]
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 6:41am On Jul 27, 2012
[4:147] What will GOD gain from punishing you, if you became appreciative and believed?
GOD is Appreciative, Omniscient.

Throughout generations, there were men who when God showed them His signs-they acknowledged it,were appreciative and preached it to their people. Such was - Noah,Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Lot, John, Elias,David , Solomon, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and many more known and unknown to us. Their Lord is ever appreciative of them. Let's all try our best, value humanity, preach love, peace and unity amongst us. Let's be appreciative of God's mercy on us like our ancestors.

[size=14pt]3-THE UNIVERSE IN GASEOUS STATE[/size]

[41:11] Then He turned to the heavens, and it was in a gaseous state. And said to it, and the earth; “Come into existence, willingly or unwillingly.” They said, “We come willingly.”[41-Elucidated, 11]

Dukhan” is the word used in Arabic for smoke, vapor and gaseous matter. It appears that the universe was a gaseous mass before it reached the state - by the will of God - from which the universe and the earth came to be. We know that our world, the sun and the stars did not come about immediately after the primeval explosion. For the universe was in a gaseous state before the formation of the stars. This gaseous state was initially made of hydrogen and helium. Condensation and compression shaped the planets, the earth, the sun and the stars that were but products of the gaseous state. The discovery of these phenomena has been rendered possible thanks to successive findings as a result of observations and theoretical developments. The knowledge of all contemporary communities during the time of the Prophet would not suffice for the assertion that the universe had once been in a gaseous state. The Prophet himself did not claim to be the author of the statements in the Quran as it often reminded, declaring that he is simply
a messenger of God.

[11:49] This is news from the past that we reveal to you. You had no knowledge about them - neither you, nor your people - before this. Therefore, be patient. The ultimate victory belongs to the righteous.

It is evident that the aim of the scientific miracles expounded in the Quran was not only to perform miracles, or to teach us some scientific facts. The knowledge provided by the Quran is of paramount importance. The Book focuses our attention on the ingenuity of the creation full of marvels. The fact that it miraculously predicted events, the knowledge of which was unattainable at the time of the revelation of the Quran, is not the only important point. It also provides consequential knowledge. Take for instance sura 41, verse 11: the fact that the Quran revealed 1400 years ago that the universe was previously in a gaseous state is a miracle. But the fact that the universe was not confined to its original state, but expanded in the wake of the primeval explosion and from this there emerged - within the framework of laws imposed by God - the stars, the planets, human beings and the magnolias are also part of His miraculous creation. In witnessing these miracles unfolded in the Quran we must not lose sight of the level of knowledge of the time and what is concealed behind the expressions.

[80:11]Indeed this is a reminder,
[80:12]For anyone who desires to bear it in mind.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2012
[7:185] Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things GOD has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which Hadith(Narration,Speech,Sayings) beside this, do they believe in?

[size=14pt]
4-CREATION IN PAIRS[/size]

[36:36]Glory be to the One, who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as themselves, and other things they do not know.[36-Ya-Seen, 36]

The Arabic word “azvaj” is the plural of “zavj” meaning “pairs,” “matches,” “partners.” There are three sorts of pairs in the Creation as described in the verse:

a- Pairs that grow from the earth, i.e., plants that have species of differentiated sex;

b- Human pairs, males and females. Also some included human characteristics like bravery / cowardice; love / hate; generosity /stinginess, etc.

c- Pairs unknown: men did not know anything about the creation in pairs at the time of the descent of the Quran. In this section we shall be dealing with the latter in particular.

THE DISCOVERY THAT WON THE NOBEL PRIZE AWARD

The atom lies at the basis of all matter in the universe. A study of this smallest piece of matter may give an idea about the creation of everything in pairs (partners). As research conducted on the structure of the atom gained momentum, it became clear that the constituents of elementary particles were not limited to protons, neutrons and electrons and that their compositions were of a more complex nature and an unerring precision. Creation in pairs is also valid for elementary particles.

A proton has its anti-proton, an electron is coupled with a positron, and a neutron possesses an anti-neutron. The creation of matter in pairs is one of the discoveries of towering importance of physics. Paul Dirac, a British scientist, was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1933 for his discovery in this field. His discovery (Parity) led to the
discovery of the fact that matter has an anti-matter. God’s ingenious calculation is also seen in the numbers of protons, electrons, and neutrons, and of their respective pairs. Let us take as an example the electron and its counterpart, the positron. When these two get together, energy is generated. If there were 15 units of positron versus 10 units of electrons, 10 units of electrons and 10 units of positrons would be eliminated leaving behind 5 units of
positron. If their numbers were equal, there would emerge only energy,leaving behind no electrons or positrons. The survival of protons, electrons and neutrons depends on the quantities higher than their respective pairs, while the numerical balance between electrons, protons and neutrons is also important. For example, if the number of electrons were less than the number of protons, there would be no life in the universe. All the fine calculations in our existence are based on this fact. Had one single formation of thousands of phenomena been left to chance, we would not have been on our planet today. We exist thanks to the omniscience of our Creator Who controls everything through His omnipotence.

[51:49]And We created pairs of everything that you may contemplate.[51-The Dispersing, 49]
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by justaqad(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmm
interesting.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 5:25am On Jul 29, 2012
[size=14pt]5-THE SUN ALSO MOVES ALONG[/size]

[36:38] And the Sun moves on to its destination. That is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knower.

For a long time in the past men thought that the earth was stationary and that the sun revolved around the earth. Later Copernicus, Kepler and Galileo postulated the theory that the sun was stationary and that the earth revolved about the sun. It was even later, thanks to sophisticated telescopes and the accumulation of cosmological data, that it was concluded that the sun was moving as well and the earth revolved about the sun in motion. Despite the fact that it took science this long, this motion of the sun had already been told 1400 years ago in the Quran. Contrary to the assertion that the sun traced a vicious circle about the earth or that it was stationary, the 38th verse of the sura Ya-Seen stated correctly that it moved on to its destination. As in other subjects, in this one also the Quran is the source that gave a correct account of the sun’s motion.

THE METHOD OF THE QURAN AND THE METHOD OF SCIENCE

A book of science purports to demonstrate the theses it advances and the points of reference. The Quran is the message from the Creator of the Universe and describes the Universe in the word of its Creator, in a style different from that of a book on science. The fact that basic statements about the universe in the Quran were destined to come to light after the lapse of more than a millennium, that none of its statements referring to various scientific issues contained errors, shows that the Quran is the book of the Creator of the Universe. Unlike a scientific treatise that tries to find answers to such inquiries into the whys, wherefores and hows and seeks corroborative proofs to theories advanced, the Quran makes final statements. The scientific method has to follow a well-known path before it formulates the postulates toward which the Quran draws a beeline.

RISING POINTS OF THE SUN

[37:5] The Lord of the heavens, and the earth, and all that lies between them, and the Lord of the easts* (places where the sun rise).[37-The Arrangers, 5]

commentary:
*Every heavenly body rises on the planet earth, and sets. Every rise is called "east."

Because the earth has a spherical shape, the sun that rises somewhere sets simultaneously somewhere else. Night and day chase each other. Therefore we cannot speak of a given point from which the sun rises, but rather of different points. The hour of dawn is different at every single point of our sphere. Every spot on the earth expects the rise of
the sun while it is “rising” at different spots in space.

The sun we behold every morning is a giant nuclear reactor. This reactor, generated by the conversion of hydrogen atoms into helium, performs its task marvelously. We continue our journey in space unaware of the immense speed of our source of life toward our predestined point. God’s omnipotence and the Quran’s miracles will unfold to those who take heed, who have an inquiring mind and are truthful in their approach to the Quranic verses.

[29:43] We cite these examples for the people, and none appreciate them except the knowledgeable.
[29-The Spider, 43]
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 5:59am On Jul 29, 2012
[size=14pt]6-DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SUN AND THE MOON[/size]

[10:5] He is the One who rendered the sun radiant, and the moon a light, and He designed its phases that you may learn to count the years and to calculate. GOD did not create all this, except for a specific purpose. He explains the revelations for people who know. [10- Jonah, 5]

The sun as a nuclear reactor is our world’s source of light and heat. The quantity of radiation reaching our world from the sun that warms our world in the cold of space is two per billion of the sun’s total quantity of radiation. The moon is not a source of heat and light like the sun. This difference between the sun and the moon finds its description in the Quran, i.e., the sun’s light is expressed by the Arabic word “ziya” (radiant) and the moon’s light is expressed by the word “noor” (light). The word “ziya” meaning radiation has the connotation of light and heat, while “noor” does not have such a connotation. Other attributes of the sun in the Quran are similes such as “seraj” (torch) or “wahhaj” (lamp). Both “seraj” and “wahhaj” emit heat and light through the fire burning within them. The fact that such attributes are not used for the light of the moon shows how refined the style of the Quran is.

AMENITIES OF THE SUN

The energy generated by the sun in just one second is equal to the energy that three billion power stations would generate on earth in a year. The world receives but two per billion parts of the overall radiation coming from the sun. The slightest decrease in this quantity would turn our world into a place no longer habitable by human beings, as ice age would reign. The distance of our world from the sun, the size of the sun, and the power of reactions within the sun are all calculated infinitesimally. We are part of these calculations. The slightest change in the
figures would make life on earth impossible. The creation and the perpetuation of these critical values are the sine qua non of our lives
. The sun rotates around its own axis while moving towards a particular destination;
the earth, on the other hand, has a variety of movements; it rotates around its own axis, revolves about the sun, being dependent on it, and is affected by the moon. In all the rapid movements, our world changes all the time according to the position of the solar system and galaxies. None of the movements affects our position in relation to the sun nor puts an end to our life on earth.

Life requires carbon-based molecules. These are only generated between -20 degrees Celsius and +120 degrees Celsius. The range of temperatures is vast in the universe, the heat in stars rises to millions of degrees and falls until -273.15 degrees Celsius is reached. The bracket for the ideal medium for the formation of carbon-based molecules is just a thin slice, one per one hundred thousand of the existing heat differences. Had the world failed to conserve its existing heat and quit the bracket it is in, that would be the end of us. But our Creator is ever conscious of our actual needs and everything is controlled by Him.

[13:2]- ...He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each one runs for an appointed term. He regulates all affairs, and explains the signs in detail that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.
[13-The Thunder, 2]

[20:98] Your only god is God. There is no other god but He. His knowledge encompasses all things.
[20-Ta-He, 98]
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
I SAY PEACE ONCE AGAIN TO THOSE WHO CARE TO KNOW!!

I'm providing this piecemeal so you may have the time to go through it. So also, that those who are keen investigators have time to at least investigate every bit of what i present here.

[size=14pt]7-HEAVENS NOT SUPPORTED BY PILLARS[/size]

[13:2] GOD is the One who raised the heavens without pillars that you can see, then assumed all authority. He committed the sun and the moon, each running (in its orbit) for a predetermined period. He controls all things, and explains the revelations, that you may attain certainty about meeting your Lord.[13-The Thunder, 2]

The fact that the Quran speaks of scientific phenomena that could not be accessible to the level of knowledge at the time of the Prophet is a miracle in itself. While trying to emphasize this feature of the Quran, we often stressed that the Quran had, 1400 years ago, spoken of scientific facts that have only come to light in recent years, if not in the course of the twentieth century. One of the facts that could not possibly be attained by observations and research at the time of the Prophet is given in the verse quoted above. However, this discovery is certainly not of recent date. But at the time of the descent of the Quran, there was no general consensus about this. Even after the time of the Quran’s descent there were still people who believed that the world abutted mountains at both extremities.
For instance, in the New American Bible, a picture is drawn to show how the authors of the Bible imagined the world. In that picture, the sky resembles an overturned bowl and is supported by columns (The New American Bible, St Joseph’s Medium Size Edition, and pp. 4-5). Ibn Abbas (d. 687 AD), Mujahid (d. 718 AD) and Ikrima (d. 733 AD) believed in the existence of pillars (mountains) supporting the sky, too. These persons asserted that the Quran’s verses referred only to what was visible and that in the portion of space invisible to the eye the pillars held up the sky. This had also been the contention of the Babylonians who believed that the sky abutted on mountains at its extremities. At the time of the Prophet, mankind did not know that the earth was spherical and that traveling in opposing directions led two people to the same spot. Therefore, the said subject of debate could not scientifically be accounted for at the time of the Prophet. Moreover, such a bold statement would have had deleterious effects on the Prophet’s credibility, and objections would not tarry to arrive. Those who claimed that Muhammad was the author of
the Quran would not be in a position to account for such a statement.

To appreciate better the value of these statements in the Quran, our imagination must go back to the time of the Prophet and try to guess at the mentality of the people. The Quran was revealed at a time when the airplane and the automobile did not exist, when the actual shape of the earth was unknown, when there was no such thing as a
world map and when the majority of Arabs were illiterate. This is to remind the persons who claim that the authorship of the Quran should be attributed to the Prophet or to other writers at the time of the Prophet. So, if one considers that the statements of the Quran had been revealed in such a situation, the miraculous character of the explanations may gain a different dimension.

HEAVEN’S SUPPORT

Research conducted on planets of the solar system led us to conclude that none of them was surrounded by an atmosphere like the one that surrounds our world; and the way it is designed to make life on earth possible was a proof of the fact that God had decided that life thrives on earth. The gas molecules upon the surface of the planet move at a tremendous speed. If the gravitational force of the planet overcomes this motion, the planet would attract the gas molecules and the surface of the planet would absorb the gas molecules. On the other hand, if the gas molecules moved rapidly and could escape the planet’s gravitational field, they would pursue their travel in space. So, both the atmosphere and the balances established took place at a stage after the creation of the earth. The expression in the Quran, “He raised the sky, and set the balance” (55-Gracious, 7) is in perfect accord with
the formation of the sky and the establishment of balance in it after the creation of the world. The formation of gas molecules in the form of the atmosphere and its fixation was possible only by the establishment of a balance, a balance between the gravitational force of the sphere and the speed at which the gas molecules travel. God contrived
a precise balance in order to raise the sky high without pillars. However, this design had to be coupled with what was necessary for its perpetuity.

[35:41] GOD is the One who holds the heavens and the earth, lest they vanish. If anyone else is to hold them, they will most certainly vanish. He is Clement, Forgiving.[35- Initiator, 41]

[45:13] He committed in your service everything in the heavens and the earth; all from Him. These are proofs for people who reflect.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
[size=14pt]8-THE EARTH DOES ROTATE EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT CONSCIOUS OF IT[/size]

[27:88] When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving like clouds. Such is the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order. He is indeed fully aware of what you do.[27-The Ant, 88]

The mountains’ features seem to make them the most stationary components of the earth’s surface. The idea of the unattainability of mountains led certain primitive mentalities to believe in polytheism and fancy that the mountains were the abode of divinities. The idea of mountain peaks being beyond man’s reach was an illusion, as was also their stationary aspect. The verse refers to this illusion and speaks of the motion of mountains like clouds. If the mountains that had a stationary aspect did move, it would follow that the earth itself also moved. The verse thus dismisses the idea of a fixed world entertained as a consequence of false perception, and informed the public of the time of the movement of mountains, likening them to clouds. This sign, beyond the grasp of the public contemporary with the Prophet, led people to believe that it was a premonitory sign foretelling the end of the world. Even someone who had no knowledge of the Arabic language could see that this interpretation was groundless and conflicting with the Quran. In the verse it is stated that men believe that the mountains are stationary, but this is an illusion. It is impossible to deduce from the mountains in motion that this is to take place at the end of the world.

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THE EARTH DID ROTATE?

These false assumptions deduced during the first century after the Prophet may be condoned after we read the commentaries of Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz from Saudi Arabia. As late as the 1970s, he claimed that the earth did not move and that anyone who asserted the contrary was considered to have committed a blasphemy. The Saudi
Sheikh spoke as follows:

Anyone who thinks otherwise would be considered to have gone astray and be called on to repent. If he does repent, so much the better, if not, he will be declared to have uttered a blasphemy and be put to death, his estate being forfeited by the treasury of the Muslim State. If the earth rotated as they asserted, lands, mountains, trees, rivers and seas would turn into an absolute chaos. The Western lands would have changed directions and shifted to the East. And the Eastern lands would shift to the West changing the direction of the Kibla (Mecca), henceforth impossible to determine. As none of these happenings are observed, the assertion that the world is in motion is a false statement for many reasons.”

We see that the opinions entertained about the stationary character of the earth were so firm that bigoted theologians disregarding the revelations of the Quran could utter that anyone who thought that the earth moved had to be subjected to capital punishment in the twentieth century! The Quran is full of miraculous revelations, but
there is no end to the lies concocted in the name of religion. The people who took as their guide such concoctions and merely read the Quran as a textbook without understanding its meaning have done the greatest harm to religion. One must understand the reliability of the Quran and avoid all superstitions.

Beware of Professional Religionists

[9:34] O you who believe, many religious leaders and preachers take the people's money illicitly, and repel from the path of GOD. Those who hoard the gold and silver, and do not spend them in the cause of GOD, promise them a painful retribution.[9- Ultimatum, 34]

We must beware of the class of the unenlightened and opportunistic who call themselves representatives of religion. True enlightenment is possible only by guiding ourselves by the precepts of the Quran. To adopt the Quran as our guide is the remedy against superstitions and the sine qua non of coming face to face with the truth.
Re: The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! by usisky(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
PEACE AGAIN TO ALL!!

The path to knowledge is fraught with consequences; but for the steadfast, every step towards its attainment is worth it. Cos at the end of it all......True and Pure Knowledge is the cure for all ignorance!!

Those who do not harbor any prejudice in their hearts will appreciate the truth and see it for what it is. I do hope this is not perceived as battle of religions. A guidance from our creator is for all of us to ponder upon, and does not belong to any group who may foolishly and ignorantly believe they are its custodians.

[size=14pt]9-BARRIER BETWEEN SEAS[/size]

[55:19] He separates the two seas where they meet.
[55:20] A barrier is placed between them, to prevent them from transgressing.
[55:21] Which of your Lord's marvels can you deny? [55- Most Gracious, 19-21]

A famous French oceanographer, J. Cousteau, gives the following account as a result of his studies in water barriers:

We studied the assertions by certain researchers about barriers separating seas, and noticed that the Mediterranean Sea had its own salinity and density and housed autochthonous fauna and flora. Then we examined the water of the Atlantic Ocean and discovered features entirely different from those of the Mediterranean Sea. According to our expectations, these two seas that merged in the strait of Gibraltar should present similar characteristics in terms of salinity, density and other properties. The two seas presented different features even though they were adjacent. This greatly puzzled us. An incredible barrier prevented the two seas from coming together. The same sort of a barrier had also been observed in Bab Al-Mandab in the Gulf of Aden connecting with the Red Sea. Subsequent to our observations, further researchers made it clear that the seas which had different characteristics had some barriers.

This fact that astounded oceanographers was revealed 14 centuries ago in the Quran. This aspect, not visible to the naked eye and appearing to be in conflict with the properties of water known to man, was first revealed to men in the Arabian peninsula, men who were not at all experienced in any sense with oceanography.

THE COLORFUL WORLD IN THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA

The barriers between adjacent seas demonstrate a rich diversity, a result of the perfect planning of God. Wherever we turn our gaze, the complexion of human beings, the infinite diversity of flowers, etc., demonstrate the marvelous diversity of God’s creation. The Quran refers to the waters that do not coalesce. This is because of a physical characteristic called “surface tension.” Thus, neighboring seas present different densities, salinity rates and compositions. These differences enable media that permit different species to coexist. Thus, fish, plants and microorganisms living under water present untold varieties. Water, that usually mixes easily, can turn into
a wall thanks to God’s imposition and operation of physical laws, contributing to this variety. This fact is not affected by strong waves and currents. This property to which the Quran refers is a miraculous statement unknown at the time of the Prophet and presents clear evidence for the man of understanding.

[25:53]He is the One who has set free the two seas; one is sweet and palatable, and the other is salty and bitter. And He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed. [25-The Statute Book, 53]

(1) (Reply)

Authentic Manhood And Fascinating Woman Conference Hosted By Dominion City / Breaking Soul Tie Between Two People (part 2) / Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.