Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached (1378 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / 10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
Let me help you , the death , burial and resurrection of Jesus was for the redemption of sinners from sin and death and to make them partakers of God's eternal kingdom. This is the good news of the kingdom , that death has been defeated forever by the resurrection of Jesus.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by deSika(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
frosbel: Let me help you , the death , burial and resurrection of Jesus was for the redemption of sinners from sin and death and to make them partakers of God's eternal kingdom. This is the good news of the kingdom , that death has been defeated forever by the resurrection of Jesus.
i so missed you here, man
https://www.nairaland.com/1321108/frosbel-ijawkid-other-non-trinitarians

cool cry
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
frosbel: Let me help you , the death , burial and resurrection of Jesus was for the redemption of sinners from sin and death and to make them partakers of God's eternal kingdom. This is the good news of the kingdom , that death has been defeated forever by the resurrection of Jesus.
compare what you just wrote to your initial thought of what the gospel of Christ is-

frosbel: The true gospel that Jesus and the apostles preached is the good news of the kingdom, commanding men everywhere to repent of their sins and partake of this kingdom , this is the purpose why Jesus died , To redeem us from sin by his blood, to destroy the power of death over our us and to make us co-heris with him.

But there is an option, and this option is to reject this gift of salvation and to face irreversible death in the lake of fire. This is the gospel , not false visions of hell, or threats of eternal torment etc.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
shdemidemi:
compare what you just wrote to your initial thought of what the gospel of Christ is-

hmmm, your point is ?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by okeyxyz(m): 6:21am On Jun 17, 2013

You do realize that the enlarged texts refers to the law. It is by following the Laws of Moses that we become sinners, Making the law the power of sin.

So Jesus's death(ie: death of the law; because he became the personification of this law) sets us free, completely(not partially), from the Laws of Moses; including all it's commandments and definitions. We are now free to partake and use all things that the Law barred us from. GBAM!!! cool
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by DrummaBoy(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2013
okeyxyz:

You do realize that the enlarged texts refers to the law. It is by following the Laws of Moses that we become sinners, Making the law the power of sin.

So Jesus's death(ie: death of the law; because he became the personification of this law) sets us free, completely(not partially), from the Laws of Moses; including all it's commandments and definitions. We are now free to partake and use all things that the Law barred us from. GBAM!!! cool

I second this
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

hmmm, your point is ?

My point is, you are mixing everything together, you need to divide it properly. The gospel to the church started only after the death of Christ, everything before/aforetime is for our learning. So, what you and I should be telling people is to believe Christ died, He was buried and He resurrected. As soon as they believe this good news, they are saved from death.

1 Like

Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by DrummaBoy(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2013
The gospel is everything.

Although this thread is directed at Shdemidemi, I wish to add to it and ofcourse, my views are subject to censore.

Before I get there, let's understand why the gospel must be understood and truly proclaimed. It is because there is the danger of another gospel being proclaimed in its place.

Romans 1:16,17

Rom 1:16 ΒΆ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

shows us that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation, for the Jews first and then for the gentiles. In that liberating scripture, that formed the foundation of the 16th century Reformation. We have:

1. Salvation. In the gospel there is salvation both from the ills of this life and the one to come - eternal damanation. Then in the gospel we have the power of God. This power is sufficient because it is of God. That power is able to keep safe. Hebrew talks about that power saving us to the utermost. Jesus in Johnt 6 talks about that power being able to draw men to God and being able to keep them to the end. Peter talks about Christians being "kept by the power of God". That power is able to offer eternal security to anyone who believes the gospel. It is demeaning to Jesus who saves to say that those he saved can loose their salvation.

2. Jew and Gentiles: The gospel was revealed to the Jews first. But it was later extended to the gentiles. The problem with this so called extension is the fact that the gospel has been plaqued by the influence of Judaism from the beginning. So that despite God's vision to Peter to show that all that the law considered defiled has become undefiled in the gospel via the blood of Jesus, people confused the law with the gospel of grace, even up to this time and on NL also. And so we have the challenge of those who pay tithe, keep sabbath and cover their hair in church, all in a bid to keep up with the law, although admitting to be under grace. The gospel came to the Jews first, then the gentiles. The gospel is not a reformation of Judaism, it is the gospel - good news from God, sufficient in itself. It is not new wine in old wine skin, it is new wine in new wine skin; that is the only way the gospel can be properly preserved.

3. Righteousness by Faith In the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed and inputed to those who believe. It is God's rightteousness and not ours. It is by faith and not by works; it is by grace that it might not be by works. The benefits of the gospel are profound but will come to us only by faith. The Just will live by faith; and will continue from faith to faith. Unfortunately the kind of righteousness many advocate are men's righteousness, that is filthy before God. God's standard of righteousness is different: In it men may see God's man as a liar or a war-monger, Abraham, God sees him as a man of faith, a friend of God, etc. In men's righteousness, we think a man is a murderer or an adulterer, God sees him as a man after his own heart - David. Thus is the righteousness of God seen in men. It is not what a man can glory in; it is what only God can testify of. We await this righteousness also by faith and when it comes we cannot glory in it because we will forever see ourselves as debtors to God's manifold grace shown forth to filthy sinners like ourselves.

That in a nutshell, folks is the gospel and all that the gospel encompasses.

Cheers.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2013
thanks drummaboy- well said

An example or an illustration of what the good news is, is when we all watch Usain bolt break world record in sprinting, we carry the news about Usain bolt who won the race. Usain bolt becomes the subject because he did win the race. it has nothing to do with the guy telling the news of what Usain bolt had done cos all the applauds goes to the winner of the race. Similarly, the news is about what Christ did on the cross of calvary- not tithe, not money, not marriage. What men of God do now is that, they become the news, they become the stars while they teach other gospels to stay relevant with the lust of people and pace of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2013
I am sure we are all talking about the same thing from different perspectives.

There is an overall goal of Christ's mission and that is to restore the kingdom of GOD on this earth.

To achieve this , God needs regenerate , holy spirit filled children who believe in his SON and the salvation he offers from sin, death and this present evil world.

This is the plan of redemption, reconciling MAN back to GOD and the subsequent restoration of paradise.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I second this
grin keep seconding someone who said fornication is not a sin. lawless reprobates.smh
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin keep seconding someone who said fornication is not a sin. lawless reprobates.smh

grin

I sadly agree with you again.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin keep seconding someone who said fornication is not a sin. lawless reprobates. smh
Does that make this particular statement of false?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by DrummaBoy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

I know know O

Whatever the guys views of fornication, the statement is perfect. See how he cannot distinguish the messenger from the message
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by okeyxyz(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
On the question specifically: What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached?

It should be noted that Jesus and the Apostles operated in different eras: Jesus being the personification of the Law while the Apostles were the personifications of grace. So grace came after the death of the law(Jesus). This indicates that Jesus and the apostles did not preach the same messages. As the writings and doctrines of the Law are just shadows of the doctrines of the Spirit(grace), therefore Jesus had to speak his truths in parables so as to be in line with shadows and in conformity with the law. The law hides truths.

So true christianity is not the model/lifestyles of the Jesus who walked the earth, as that was of the law, but rather christianity is modeled on the doctrines presented in the letters of Paul to the churches. You will see that Paul's messages are different from the earthly Jesus's messages(though I'd say they are the same; Jesus's doctrines being a shadow/hidden of Paul's doctrines). My point is christianity is not of the Jesus who died(He was the law) but of the christ who rose from the ashes/destruction of the old. It is the second Jesus that Paul preaches, and is literally contradictory to the first Jesus.

Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer(2 Corinthians 5:16 ).

Therefore all definitions righteousness and sin according to the Laws of Moses are no longer valid. What we call fornication(sex without marriage) today is still based on the The Law and not on the spirit of liberty. The spirit gives liberty to love our natures(we are se.xual beings; like God is). We were barred from this under the Law. We cannot come into the spirit and still be subject to the dictates of the same law we are supposed to be liberated from. The true Gospel has been lost through the ages and what we have passed down to us today is the Law again, not the Gospel.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
grin capital false.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
okeyxyz: On the question specifically: What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached?

It should be noted that Jesus and the Apostles operated in different eras: Jesus being the personification of the Law while the Apostles were the personifications of grace. So grace came after the death of the law(Jesus). This indicates that Jesus and the apostles did not preach the same messages. As the writings and doctrines of the Law are just shadows of the doctrines of the Spirit(grace), therefore Jesus had to speak his truths in parables so as to be in line with shadows and in conformity with the law. The law hides truths.

So true christianity is not the model/lifestyles of the Jesus who walked the earth, as that was of the law, but rather christianity is modeled on the doctrines presented in the letters of Paul to the churches. You will see that Paul's messages are different from the earthly Jesus's messages(though I'd say they are the same; Jesus's doctrines being a shadow/hidden of Paul's doctrines). My point is christianity is not of the Jesus who died(He was the law) but of the christ who rose from the ashes/destruction of the old. It is the second Jesus that Paul preaches, and is literally contradictory to the first Jesus.

Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer(2 Corinthians 5:16 ).

Therefore all definitions righteousness and sin according to the Laws of Moses are no longer valid. What we call fornication(sex without marriage) today is still based on the The Law and not on the spirit of liberty. The spirit gives liberty to love our natures(we are se.xual beings; like God is). We were barred from this under the Law. We cannot come into the spirit and still be subject to the dictates of the same law we are supposed to be liberated from. The true Gospel has been lost through the ages and what we have passed down to us today is the Law again, not the Gospel.
ok we done hear your long epistles. what was the conclusion of the matter when Paul met with the council at Jerusalem in Acts 15:20..did you see se.xual immorality there or not?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by okeyxyz(m): 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: ok we done hear your long epistles. what was the conclusion of the matter when Paul met with the council at Jerusalem in Acts 15:20..did you see se.xual immorality there or not?

The question is: what is se.xual immorality? Are you still defining it according to the Law of Moses? which is shadows and false or you are (re)defining according to the spirit. If your value systems are still going to be based on the law, then the death of Jesus, to you, is null and void.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
okeyxyz:

The question is: what is se.xual immorality? Are you still defining it according to the Law of Moses? which is shadows and false or you are (re)defining according to the spirit. If your value systems are still going to be based on the law, then the death of Jesus, to you, is null and void.
all inclusive with sleeping around with someone you are not married to.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by okeyxyz(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^ Good to know that you have made your position known, That you are of The Law. For me; I am a 100-percent new testament, absolute grace christian. I disregard the Law and it's values, they are of no effect to me since the death of Jesus(The Law). I only know grace where: All things(created by god) are permissible; All things are pure and for good to them who know God who created all things, including sex, meant to be free instead of held captive under the law (of marriage). Let people who want to marry do so and be subject to the laws of marriage. But for people who for the kingdom sake will not marry, it does not mean they will not have s.ex. The doctrine of: a life without marriage is a life without sex is Pagan, not christian.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I know know O

Whatever the guys views of fornication, the statement is perfect. See how he cannot distinguish the messenger from the message
grin you can see how dis guy rubbish your so called perfect statements abi? i actually understand what he was referring to when he said the laws including the commandments were null and void.in other words i could distinguish the messenger from the message.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ Good to know that you have made your position known, That you are of The Law. For me; I am a 100-percent new testament, absolute grace christian. I disregard the Law and it's values, they are of no effect to me since the death of Jesus(The Law). I only know grace where: All things(created by god) are permissible; All things are pure and for good to them who know God who created all things, including sex, meant to be free instead of held captive under the law (of marriage). Let people who want to marry do so and be subject to the laws of marriage. But for people who for the kingdom sake will not marry, it does not mean they will not have sex. The doctrine of: a life without marriage is a life without sex is Pagan, not christian.
But the new testament does not permit sexual immorality though, if you can't hold yourself, it says get married.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by okeyxyz(m): 12:29am On Jun 18, 2013
^^^ Again, What is se.xual immorality? You are still defining it according to the law, As: sex without marriage. This is not a christian definition/doctrine. Christianly speaking, immoral sex includes unnatural and non-consensual sex. Other than these, sex is good. cool

And where the bible says: "If you can't hold your self, then get married...", "holding yourself" does not mean holding your s.exual urge; it means holding your passion(negative emotions; eg jealousy, bitterness, the desire to own a woman for yourself only). Not being married does not mean abstaining from sex. Abstinence is not christian.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ Again, What is se.xual immorality? You are still defining it according to the law, As: sex without marriage. This is not a christian definition/doctrine. Christianly speaking, immoral sex includes unnatural and non-consensual sex. Other than these, sex is good. cool

And where the bible says: "If you can't hold your self, then get married...", "holding yourself" does not mean holding your s.exual urge; it means holding your passion(negative emotions; eg jealousy, bitterness, the desire to own a woman for yourself only). Not being married does not mean abstaining from sex. Abstinence is not christian.

1 cor 7
1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4

This is not a law but an advice to curb what was going on in this particular church in Corinth. Without the law, you have to love your neighbour more than you love yourself, if you love you would not gravitate towards immoral things anyway.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi:
1 cor 7
1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4

This is not a law but an advice to curb what was going on in this particular church in Corinth. Without the law, you have to love your neighbour more than you love yourself, if you love you would not gravitate towards immoral things anyway.
i hate it when you put it this way.Is se.xual immorality a sin or not period?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2013
Bidam: i hate it when you put it this way.Is se.xual immorality a sin or not period?
please, kindly answer my question first, I am sorry I have to ask you a question in return. What is a sin?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi: please, kindly answer my question first, I am sorry I have to ask you a question in return. What is a sin?
sin is transgression of the law.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2013
Bidam: sin is transgression of the law.
good.. the bible then says '2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.'. The bible says you are dead to the law that condemns you to sin, it is impossible for me to be in Christ and be a sinner at the same time. I am now moved by the will of God through His Spirit by the word of God.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi: good.. the bible then says '2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.'. The bible says you are dead to the law that condemns you to sin, it is impossible for me to be in Christ and be a sinner at the same time. I am now moved by the will of God through His Spirit by the word of God.
so is fornication a sin or not?
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2013
Bidam: so is fornication a sin or not?

You are still asking the same question, we answered. A believer is dead to sin through baptism. my old man/sin nature died when Christ died, was buried when Christ was buried and I rose with Christ. How can me that is dead to sin still be regarded to be a sinner.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are still asking the same question, we answered. A believer is dead to sin through baptism. my old man/sin nature died when Christ died, was buried when Christ was buried and I rose with Christ. How can me that is dead to sin still be regarded to be a sinner.
grin why are you dodging my question brother shdemidemi..Is fornication a sin or not? simple answer of yes or no is required here thanks.
Re: Shdemidemi What Is The Gospel That Jesus And Apostles Preached by shdemidemi(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Bidam: grin why are you dodging my question brother shdemidemi..Is fornication a sin or not? simple answer of yes or no is required here thanks.

There is nothing like a sin in the dictionary of a believer of the gospel of Christ. Every believer is a work in progress, you learn from you mistakes while in a relationship with God. You can never know what God is doing at any point in time. We would not be saved if there was no Judas to betray Christ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Religions Lead To God? Can One Discern The True Religion? / The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption / Is It True MUSLIM Is The MAJOR Problem In This WORLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.