Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

9jabuzzdotcom's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jabuzzdotcom's Profile / 9jabuzzdotcom's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Photos From Former Governor, Gbenga Daniel's 60th Birthday Party by 9jabuzzdotcom: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2016

Celebrities / Re: Photos From Former Governor, Gbenga Daniel's 60th Birthday Party by 9jabuzzdotcom: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
See more...

Celebrities / Photos From Former Governor, Gbenga Daniel's 60th Birthday Party by 9jabuzzdotcom: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Former governor of Ogun state, Gbenga Daniel, turned 60 years old on April 6th. His wife, Olufunke, hosted some of his friends and associates to a party in Lagos over the weekend. Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state, former Oyo state governor, Alao Akala, Ovation Magazine Publisher Dele Momodu and others were in attendance.

See more photos after the cut...

Source: www.9jabuzz.com.ng

Education / UNIPORT Student Killed In Student's Protest by 9jabuzzdotcom: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
A student of the University of Port Harcourt named Peter Ofurum and said to be the Faculty president of Management Sciences, (pictured above) was allegedly shot dead by the police during a protest by the students this morning over the increment in school fees and the "no school fees-no examination" policy of the school

The students allege that police officers brought in to maintain law and order, fired gunshots which hit the deceased, killing him. Angry students have started destroying school properties and properties of resident lecturer in protest of his death. The school has since been shut down. Photo of the deceased after the cut...

Family / Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by 9jabuzzdotcom: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2016
See

Sports / Leicester Qualifies For Champions League by 9jabuzzdotcom: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Premier League leaders Leicester City qualified for the Champions League for the first time in their history on Sunday.

Leicester’s 2-0 win away to Sunderland allied to fifth-placed Manchester United’s 3-0 loss at Tottenham Hotspur guaranteed the Foxes a top-four finish and with it one of the places on offer to English teams in European club football’s elite competition next season.

Jamie Vardy’s second-half double at the Stadium of Light powered Leicester, 5 000/1 rank outsiders for the English title before the start of the season, to victory over relegation-threatened Sunderland.

And in Sunday’s late kick-off match, United’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League suffered a setback when they conceded three goals in six second-half minutes as second-placed Spurs maintained their title bid.

United’s defeat left them 19 points adrift of Leicester, with only a maximum of 18 available from their final six league games of the season.

As a result, Leicester are now assured of a top-four finish.

Sponsored: A new online shopping store is set to lauch this July in Nigeria. ShopityNG is to be Nigerian’s first online store delivering 70% Naija made wears and others… Don’t miss the launch coming this July. Keep up with them on instagram @ShopityNG

This means that, at worst, they will be assured of a spot in Champions League qualifying should they suffer a slump that sees them come fourth, although a place in the tournament proper is the far more likely outcome.

source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/leicester-qualifies-for-champions-league/

Business / Breaking News: Daily Mail To Buy Over Yahoo by 9jabuzzdotcom: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2016
The owner of the Daily Mail newspaper is considering a bid for the struggling US Internet company Yahoo.

A spokesman told the AP news agency that discussions were “at a very early stage” and there was no certainty a deal would take place.

The Wall Street Journal, where it was first reported, said the Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) was in talks with private equity firms about an offer.

Yahoo is under pressure from shareholders to turn itself around.

The activist hedge fund investor Starboard Value recently called for the replacement of the entire board at the loss-making company, reports the BBC.

The spokesman for the Daily Mail owner said “it has been in discussions with a number of parties who are potential bidders”.

The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, said that the potential bid could take two forms.

Deadline

In one scenario, a private-equity partner would acquire Yahoo’s core web business with theMail taking over the news and media properties.

In another scenario, the private-equity firm would acquire Yahoo’s core web business and merge its media and news properties with the Mail’s online operations.

Yahoo has set a deadline for April 18 for interested parties to submit their offers.

Sponsored: A new online shopping store is set to lauch this July in Nigeria. ShopityNG is to be Nigerian’s first online store delivering 70% Naija made wears and others… Don’t miss the launch coming this July. Keep up with them on instagram via www.instagram.com/shopityng

Time Inc is also reported to be weighing a bid together with a private equity firm.

Earlier this year, Yahoo said it would cut 15% of its workforce as part of chief executive Marissa Mayer’s ” aggressive” plan to return the company to profit.

The company has struggled to compete against rivals such as Google and Facebook.

Its shares have fallen around 30% since the end of 2014.

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/breaking-daily-mail-to-buy-over-yahoo/

Sports / The Reason Why Arsenal Could Cancel Nwakali, Chukwueze Deal by 9jabuzzdotcom: 7:38am On Apr 11, 2016
It has emerged that Arsenal could still walk away from a deal, that has taken Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze to The Emirates, if they are not impressed with the Nigerian starlets, by the time they turn 18 and are ready to sign a professional contract.

Nwakali was named the MVP for last year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile, while Chukwueze was one of the tournament’s top scorers, as Nigeria won record fourth U-17 World Cup.

Arsenal have however chosen to make ‘minimal investment’ on Nwakali who turns 18 on June 5 and Chukwueze who clocks 18 in May 2017.

Sponsored: A new online shopping store is set to lauch this July in Nigeria. ShopityNG is to be Nigerian’s first online store delivering 70% Naija made wears and others… Don’t miss the launch coming this July. Keep up with them on instagram @ShopityNG

“Arsenal have only made an initial investment of about 10% on both players and have insisted they will only finalise a contract with them when they are 18 and have received their international papers,” a source close to the players told AfricanFootball.com

“It’s a huge risk the players’ academy in Nigeria is now taking because should it all go wrong, Arsenal have nothing to lose if they walked away.”

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/the-reason-why-arsenal-could-cancel-nwakali-chukwueze-deal/

Family / Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by 9jabuzzdotcom: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
more

Family / Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by 9jabuzzdotcom: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
See from red carpet of Wives on strike.

Celebrities / Come And Take kitten Cleanser, Wizkid Calls Linda Ikeji Out by 9jabuzzdotcom: 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Wizkid is relentless in bashing and trashing popular blogger, Linda Ikeji on all social platforms today.

He went on and posted a video asking Linda to come for Pvssy cleanser on his snapchat.

See below:-

Celebrities / Young Talented Actor Samuel Robinson Reveals How He Got Role In Tinsel by 9jabuzzdotcom: 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
We started this column two Sundays ago to bring you exclusive interview on your favorite celebrities and our first feature was celebrity photographer, Genesis Williams.
On today’s Sunday Exclusive, we had the chance to chat with Samuel Robinson,‎ a young upcoming actor who has been acting for two years and has worked on projects such as Desperate Housewives Africa, Tinsel, Shuga, 8 Bars And A Clef, and also The Governor, an upcoming TV series from the stables of EbonyLife TV.
Chimmie of 9jabuzz got to chat with him and the buzzing young star got to tell us hos he started acting, the challenges he has experienced so far, and he tipped us with a bomb, an exclusive on how he got his Tinsel role.

Can we get to know you please?
Sure. My Name is Samuel Robinson, I’m an Actor with credits such as Desperate Housewives Africa, Tinsel, Shuga and a New TV Series Called The Governor with Hollywood Actress Caroline Chikezie which is out later this year.

So how did it start? What inspired you to be an actor?
I’ve always loved playing pretend but I guess my biggest inspiration came when at my very first audition, the Director stood up and shook my hand.

What movie was that?
Um a similar thing happened when I got Cast on Desperate housewives Africa. When I was done with my audition, one of the the casting directors called me back and whispered to me “if you really want to pursue a career in acting, you should go for it.

Was that when you finally decided you were going to be on the screens?
I made the decision to become a full-time Actor when I was 15 years old.

Samuel Robinson On Desperate Housewives Africa By EbonyLife TV
Done any movies before then?
No I hadn’t. I had just begun auditioning and was getting positive encouraging feedback.

Wow nice. So what was the first movie you ever featured in?
The first movie I was featured in was called Searching for the hood. I played a cameo character buchi.

Give us an insight on the movie? How was your first time like appearing in a movie?
The experience was thrilling. I felt like it was the start of greater things to come.

So you’ve been in the industry a little while. What do you think of Nollywood?Be truthful.
Nollywood is a fast growing industry. In the last few years, we’ve seen tremendous improvements in the way movies are being made. We still have a long way to go but we’re getting there.

So you recently entered the industry and I must say you doing well. I have mostly seen you on TV series. Do you prefer series to screen movies?
I can’t say. They’re very different. A TV series offers consistency but a movie is more likely to be considered for awards. I very much enjoy doing both.

So how was it working on Desperate Housewives, Tinsel and Shuga.
It’s was amazing. It was such a privilege to work with veteran Actors and Directors such as Kehinde Bankole and Biyi Bandele. I learnt a lot from working on those projects and grew in my career.

You played the role of Akin Bello in DHWA. Was that the role you auditioned for?
I auditioned for Akin. Out of Over 70 people for the same role, the Producer Quinty Pillay told me I was her First Choice And I was Walt Disney’s first choice. I have to say, I quite enjoyed playing Akin Bello. I really like deep troubled characters. I feel it brings out the best of my acting ability and Akin Bello did that very well.

On your affair with Aisha, how did you pull that. Like it looked like you two connected so easily. Ever acted together before.
I had never acted with Susan the girl who plays Aisha before Desperate Housewives Africa. She’s a naturally gifted actress and that really helped. I think the most important thing is that we both understood our characters well and how to interpret them.

So what connection did you feel with your character. Akin was a mental and disturbed kid who had just lost his mom to suicide and had been sent to mental institute by his dad. As Akin, did you feel hatred for your fictional dad? Was there anytime you wished Rhume didn’t commit suicide and when Aisha mom stopped you from seeing her daughter, what were your feelings as Akin.
Akin is a fighter. He’s been through a lot but yet still fights for and is optimistic about a better future. Oh yes Akin felt a lot of hatred towards his father. His mother died and his father acted like it was nothing, like he didn’t care. Akin loved his mother so much and would have given anything to be with her again. Aisha was the only person who didn’t think he was crazy she was someone who made him feel normal and the thought of loosing that upset him very much.

Tell us a little about your role in upcoming ELTV Series The Governor?
I play the Son of the Governor who is played by Hollywood Actress Caroline Chikezie and that’s all I can say for now.

How do you get into your characters when given a role. Any process?
I try my best to see in between the lines. It’s not just about what the character is saying for me. I try to know what he’s thinking, what he’s feeling, why he’s doing the things he’s doing. I’m very thorough.

Ok. Where do you see the Nollywood industry in the next 10 years?
I see much progress happening. In ten years Nollywood should be making much more international standard movies. The Nigerian film industry should be the 2nd biggest if not the first in 10 years.

What’s the hardest role you’ve ever played and have you ever rejected playing a role before?
The hardest role I’ve played was Young Victor on a movie called 8 Bars And A Clef (8barsandaclef.com) it was shot over 2 years ago. Hopefully it’ll be out this year. I’ve rejected several roles. I often reject roles because I felt like I couldn’t relate to the characters in any way and I wouldn’t do them justice.

Personal Questions

Which day and year were you born?
I was born on the 30th of June 1998

Are you currently in a relationship?
I currently am not in a relationship. I am very very single. (Laughs)

If you were not acting what would you have been doing?
If I was not acting, I would either be a singer or a software developer.

Tell us something to wow us and our readers. Something exclusive that no one knows or your fans are not aware of. Either in the past or present.
Well I never told anyone how I got a role on Tinsel. I was at the m-net office in Ikeja Gra auditioning for something else when I was approached by a lady who gave me a script and told me that the character I was reading for had already been cast but I had a chance if I did well. I still had no idea it was Tinsel. So I read the script got cast and signed a contract that same day. It was like a dream. I felt bad for the young man who had previously been cast his name was Peter Finn I think but he works as a super model now in America so I’m over feeling bad (laughs).

Ok thank you Samuel for the time to chat with us.
It was a pleasure having this interview.

You can connect with Samuel Robinson on Instagram and Twitter via @samuelrobinsonx.

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/i-was-approached-by-a-lady-who-gave-me-a-script-samuel-robinson/
Nairaland / General / Linda Addresses Issue With Wizkid | Denies Sleeping With His Director by 9jabuzzdotcom: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
Wizkid took to Linda Ikeji's Instagram page to blast her today for writing an article on him owing his house rent for his Lekki house, and the Landlord giving him quit notice, saying she slept with his director, and he dumped her.

We're all aware that these two have been quarreling for a very long time; they only used this opportunity to bring it to the media.

See snapshot of what Wizkid posted to fire at her.

She took to her blog to deny the allegation. She wrote:

"First and foremost, I've never met Wizkid one on one. I've only seen him once in real life on stage at a show a few years ago. I've never met anybody who is his director. Guess he put that line in his comments to defame me. You that mad that people now know the house is not yours? Lol.

Trust me, if I knew someone was Wizkid's director, I'd rather kill myself than sleep with him or any other entertainer for that matter (except maybe he's my husband..hehe) because I know how some of these entertainers are...they kiss and tell a lot. You can't afford to be messing around in their circle. So, no, I have NEVER slept with Wizkid's director. I live a celibate life..most of the time. (Though, that has to end soon...I'm getting old and missing out on that part of life...lol)

I've always been an advocate of women respecting their bodies and owning their own. And I feel sex should only happen when you're in committed relationship (that is if you can't wait till marriage) and I recommend celibacy for a long as you're not committed to someone. There's absolutely no dignity in sleeping around and messing around with different men. It's ugly and God don't like ugly. So no, I'm not that woman, and will never be that woman. Nice try, Wizkid!

Having said that, I'm sure, you wonder why Wizkid is so mad at me? To be honest, I don't know either. All I know is that his beef with me started a long time ago but he decided to start bashing me online after I refused a meeting with him. A few months ago, he asked his PR people to contact me, that he wanted to talk to me. For some reason, he thought I didn't like him and I was hurting his image online. He wanted to see how I could write more positive things about him but I turned down the meeting. Not that I have anything against him, I sincerely don't! I think he's an amazing talent and one of the few music stars in Nigeria with a midas touch. So this wasn't personal. I just didn't want to meet him. If he lobbies me then it means I won't be able to write anything about him anymore...and my job is to write...about everything, including entertainers.

I am cordial with some of them...many of them I have never met. I try to stay away from gatherings where they are because the more friends you make in the entertainment industry, the less you can write. And that will inadvertently affect your work. The few ones that I call acquaintances, it's hard to write about them because you feel you're cool with them and even when you write, they call you to complain. So, the fewer 'friends' I have in the entertainment industry, the better my job will be.

So Wizkid can bash me all he wants...but I will continue to do my job. Maybe he thinks the more he bashes me, then I will stop writing about him? Won't work. But meanwhile, if he tells a lie about me, I will address it. LIB plans to be around for a long time...some of these people will come and go!

Thanks everyone and Wizkid fans for reading my response.

Oh and by the way, did I mention that his Porsche car is also on hire purchase? Oh shit, I just mentioned that! And no, darling, you're not 25! We know your real age! Continue to have an amazing career while I watch and continue to celebrate you."

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/linda-addresses-issue-with-wizkid-denies-sleeping-with-his-director/

Let's watch the drama as it unfolds. By the way, Linda na you find trouble first sha

Politics / Dear Buhari, The Last Time I Checked, You Are Still The Minster Of Petroleum by 9jabuzzdotcom: 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
An Open Letter To President Buhari On Fuel Scarcity and Crises - www.9jabuzz.com.ng

Your Excellency Sir,

I write you this piece not as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but as the minister of petroleum resources appointed by yourself on the 11th of November, 2015.

You seem to have forgotten that you are the minister of petroleum resources and may have completely relinquished your responsibilities to the minister of state of petroleum resources— Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, who to me, to a reasonable extent has been up and doing.

You seem to have neglected the fact that you are directly answerable to Nigerians as the Minister of petroleum resources, and owe it to Nigerians to make the product readily available and affordable.

As a reminder of what you already know- the fuel scarcity has fully gripped major cities in the country and contributing negatively to an economy that is still struggling to pick its stand.

Pathetic as it may, your ministry has failed Nigerians over its inability to end the lingering fuel scarcity, as this unabated scarcity of the product has contributed to the high cost of goods and service.

The Honourable Minister of petroleum Sir, you are on your way in setting the record of the longest reign of fuel scarcity in the history of the republic under your watch. As since you have been sworn in, it has been from one scarcity to another.

Although, one cannot be-little or underestimate the efforts of the junior minister of petroleum resources who also happens to be the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)- Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, in revamping the sector. But Sir, your unnecessary and unwarranted silence and carefree attitude before every short statement is issued on the lingering scarcity is worrisome. It suggests that you may have forgotten or may have become unconscious of the fact that you head the ministry that is currently failing Nigerians to make available and affordable the product that is key to the economy and of importance to the day to day activities of the people.

The unending scarcity that has in-turn led to an increase in pump price of the product calls for your urgent attention in the sector and a swift reaction in finding a lasting solution to this menace. It is sickening and shameful that Nigerians would have to wait on long queues for hours that could have been channelled in doing other productive things just to a get a few litre of fuel.

Your ministry cannot continually fail to provide the basic need of the people and unnecessarily make Nigerians go through pains for a product we have in its raw form and expect the people to be pleased with it. All that you have said and perhaps done about the scarcity is still very much infinitesimal as compared to the pains Nigerians go through on a daily basis to get this product for their respective use.

You may have actually chosen not to react to the issue as the president, but you owe it to Nigerians as the minister of petroleum resources. Nigerians owe you responsible for failing them in this regard.

Sir, if holding both position as minster of petroleum resources and president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria seem too cumbersome for you, let go of one and concentrate on the one you think you can deliver better. Your excuses so far for the scarcity would not put food on the masses` table and will not save the soul of those that have lost their lives as a result of this scarcity. Get the job done sir if you can. If you can`t, FIRE yourself and get a replacement for yourself as soon as possible and don’t just be there as a figurehead.

Those calling for the minister of state- Dr. Ibe Kachikwu resignation are muddling things up. They should be calling for your resignation not his.

There is a reason why you choose to appoint yourself as the minister of petroleum resources. But it’s a pity the reason is not being felt by Nigerians. Your self-appointment as a minister in that sector has made little or no impact on the lives of the people.

Perhaps the minister of state is choked up. Maybe the work is too much for him. Maybe he is not getting the overall assistance he needs from you as his direct boss because of your busy schedule. Maybe he needs to share his portfolio with someone. A full minister appointed to do the job will no doubts dedicate more time for the job than you do now. Think about this!

Nigerians have suffered so much and so long in the name of fuel scarcity and the pains are becoming very much unbearable. Every passing second that the scarcity lingers on is a slap on your portfolio and a shame on our nation which nature has blessed with the product in its raw form.

This is not an act of unnecessary wailing; it is a passionate wake up call to you and your ministry.

Arrest the situation now and put it to rest once and for all.

Yours sincerely,

Ogundana Michael Rotimi.
Source http://9jabuzz.com.ng/dear-president-buhari-the-last-time-i-checked-you-are-still-the-minster-of-petroleum-resource/

2 Likes

Fashion / Re: Photos From Mr Ideal Nigeria 2016 Pageant Show by 9jabuzzdotcom: 12:43am On Mar 30, 2016
More pictures

Fashion / Re: Photos From Mr Ideal Nigeria 2016 Pageant Show by 9jabuzzdotcom: 12:39am On Mar 30, 2016
More beach wear clothes

Fashion / Re: Photos From Mr Ideal Nigeria 2016 Pageant Show by 9jabuzzdotcom: 12:38am On Mar 30, 2016
In Beach wear

Fashion / Re: Photos From Mr Ideal Nigeria 2016 Pageant Show by 9jabuzzdotcom: 12:29am On Mar 30, 2016
More pictures of them in Traditional wear

Fashion / Photos From Mr Ideal Nigeria 2016 Pageant Show by 9jabuzzdotcom: 12:28am On Mar 30, 2016
The 2016 edition of Mr Ideal Nigeria pageant held three days ago, Sunday March 27th at Bespoke Center in Lekki.

One of the big three male pageants in West Africa, it has produced the likes of Wale Bello (Supermodel), Fortune Davis (Beat FM OAP/ Slot Ambassador), Ben Touitou (Actor, Desperate Housewives), Ayotunde Ajiboye (Millionaire Business Magnate), John Iwueke (Vodafone Uganda / Airtel Nigeria model), Eniola Toluwalase (Face of Pepsi), Emeka Darlignton (Sterling Crusader ambassador), Stanley Igwilo (face of West Africa 2014) and Kenny Ike who won Mr Grand Sea International pageant in Cyprus 2015 amongst others.

This years edition was won by Prince Ehirim who represented Abuja has joined the league of Mr Ideal Nigerians.

Also some other awards were given at the event which includes: Best Body which was awarded to Mr Ideal Taraba, Next rated went to Mr Ideal Kebbi, Mr Ideal Fashionable to Mr Ideal Yobe, Mr Beach Body to Mr Ideal Nasarawa, Top Model awarded to Mr Ideal Plateau, Mr Ideal Ambassador 2016 awarded to Mr Ideal Ogun, Mr Ideal Southern State awarded to Mr Ideal Abia, and some others.

Some clothing/fashion labels also choose their new ambassadors from the contestants. Ape Planet chose Mr Ideal Ondo, JBF Clothing chose Mr Ideal Rivers, St Twitch chose Mr Ideal Edo, OMK chose Mr Ideal Oyo, Shef by Osy chose Mr Ideal Bornu and Induce model face went to Mr Ideal Sokoto who would engage in series of photo-shoot for the brand in London.

Among the finalist were Mr Ideal Bayelsa, Mr Ideal Ekiti, Mr Ideal Anambra, Mr Ideal Lagos, Mr Ideal Abuja and Mr Ideal Taraba.

Mr Ideal Lagos walked away as 6th with nothing, followed by Mr Ideal Taraba who walked away with Mr Ideal Globe, and 4th was Mr Ideal Ekiti who is now the Mr Ideal Tourism, and 3rd went to Mr Ideal Anambra (which got people sighing because everyone thought he'd either get the 2nd position or 1st) who would represent Nigeria in Mr Earth award. First runner up went to Mr Ideal Bayelsa while the winner much to the excitement of guest went to Mr Ideal Abuja, Prince Ehirim.

Watch the video as he is announced winner below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohHZ-AuInA

See pictures from the event below:

Politics / Associates of Bola Tinubu Pledge N64 Billion As Birthday Gift by 9jabuzzdotcom: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
A group that claims political alliance with a former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, says it will raise N64 billion as a birthday gift to Mr. Tinubu, but said the money will go into helping less privileged Nigerians, including the physically challenged, internally displaced persons and the aged.

The group, All Progressive Congress Urban-Rural Self Employment and Poverty Eradication Nationwide, said the initiative would help in alleviating poverty in the country.

The chairman of the group, Daniel Mwanmut, said in a press statement Tuesday in Jos, Plateau State, that the initiative was to mark the Mr. Tinubu’s 64th birthday, celebrated on Tuesday.

“APCURSEPEN programme is aimed at boosting investment in masses oriented housing scheme for workers pensioners, farmers Artisans, traders transporters, physically challenged persons (IDP’s) especially in northern Nigeria and particularly in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and Kaduna states, in view of the ungodly activities of Boko Haram insurgents, cattle rustlers and communal violence,” the group said.

It added that, “APCURSEPEN programme is aimed at mobilizing wealthy members of the All Progressive Congress and public spirited individuals to support creating self-employment opportunities for our youth and to boost poverty eradication in the 774 local Government Areas in Nigeria”.

The statement also said the facility would be accessed through Mr. Tinubu’s cooperative society, “Made Easy Cooperative Society ABATHOME”.
The group said it would organise other events including musical concert and sport activities to raise funds.

Source http://9jabuzz.com.ng/associates-of-bola-tinubu-pledge-n64-billion-as-birthday-gift/

Politics / PHOTO: Buhari, Osinbajo, Others Grace 8th Bola Tinubu’s Colloquium/64 Birthday by 9jabuzzdotcom: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
The 8th Bola Tinubu Colloquium, themed, ‘Agriculture’ was Tuesday, held in Abuja to honour the APC National Chairman, Bola Tinubu as he clocks 64.

President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajoa and his wife, Dolapo, Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu and Kaduna State governor Nasir El-Rufai graced the event.

APC National leader, John Odigie-Oyegun, Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja II, Speaker of House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode were equally among those who attended the event.

Speaking at the 8th Bola Tinubu Colloquium in Abuja today March 29th, President Buhari asked Nigerians to be hopeful as more positive actions from his government will be seen in the coming months.

“In the coming months, Nigerians will see much more actions. Government will continue to invest substantially in human capital development and this is just the beginning. We are going to hold ourselves accountable. We will measure results"he said

Meanwhile See photos below

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/president-buhari-vp-osinbajo-ooni-of-ife-others-pictured-at-the-8th-bola-tinubus-colloquium-in-abuja/

Nairaland / General / Breaking: Pipeline Explosion At Agip’s Oil Field Kills Three And Leaves Many Inj by 9jabuzzdotcom: 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
The National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) has confirmed a pipeline blast at an oil field operated by Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) in Bayelsa.

Three maintenance workers died in the explosion which reportedly occurred during repair work on the crude oil pipeline located at Olugboro in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa.

According to community sources, the explosion which occurred on Easter Sunday, left several people injured.

Peter Idabor, Director-General of the oil spill agency, who confirmed the development in a telephone interview on Tuesday, said a staff of the agency escaped death in the incident.

Mr. Idabor said the survivor had called the attention of the oil workers to the breach of safety procedure and left the scene shortly before the incident occurred.

“I received a report of the incident from our staff in Yenagoa office and luckily one of our officers on the team survived. Because of the safety conditions of the place after inspection my staff left the place and he was not affected.

“ I am going to report the matter officially to the Minister of Environment today,” Mr. Idabor said.

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/breaking-pipeline-explosion-at-agips-oil-field-kills-three-and-leaves-many-injured/

Politics / PDP Says Twitter Account Was Hacked After Claims Aisha Buhari Sold FOREX by 9jabuzzdotcom: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
PDP Says Twitter Account Was Hacked After Aisha Buhari, Garba Shehu and Central Bank Invalidate Claims of Illegal FOREX Trading

In a telephone interview with ThisDay, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP through it’s head of publicity, Chinwe Nnoron, has said that the official twitter account of the party was hacked as at the time when the handle was used to make allegations of illegal FOREX trading against the First lady, Amina Buhari, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, and Chief of Staff to the President Abba Kyari.

She also said she would need to verify whether indeed the tweets actually originated from the party.

This is coming after Garba Shehu also threatened lawsuit against the individual behind the tweets.

Celebrities / See The Mom Of Noble IGWE | She's Very Pretty by 9jabuzzdotcom: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Noble IGWE mom pictured at his wedding. Isn't she beautiful.

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/here-are-the-pictures-from-noble-igwes-traditional-marriage-to-chioma-otisi/

Celebrities / Actor Byran Okwara Pictured At An Event In Lagos by 9jabuzzdotcom: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2016
Last night, the Mr Ideal Nigeria pageant held at the Bespoke center. Bryan Okwara who was a church that saw the winning of Abuja rep as Mr a Ideal Nigeria was pictured at the event. See picture below

TV/Movies / TV Series “empire” Gets A Collaboration With Ladies Cosmetic Brand Covergirl by 9jabuzzdotcom: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2016
It’s the countdown to the spring premiere of hit TV series, “Empire” and they’ve decided to surprise us a bit.

CoverGirl revealed on the 22nd of March that it is partnering with FOX’s Empire. The two brands are coming together for a line of cosmetics featuring distinct looks tied to characters Tiana Brown (Serayah), Anika Calhoun (Grace Gealey), Rhonda Lyon (Kaitlin Doubleday) and Becky (Gabourey Sidibe).

It was announced first by Empire’s leading lady Taraji P. Henson who unfortunately and surprisingly didn’t get a covergirl look for her role as Cookie Lyon.

We are yet to understand why a massive role like that of Taraji P. Henson shouldn’t be included in the covergirl line-up. Perhaps bigger things are in store for the actress. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the show itself, it’s to never underestimate Cookie.

So, Empire fam, are you a Tiana, Anika, Rhonda or Becky? Peep tutorials of each of the four looks here, via YouTube, and stay tuned for the Season 3 premiere of Empire on Wednesday, March 30.

Watch the previews of Anika’s looks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL1_vRQKoHSnw30GhiqixeAKl1Ci3HcZ8s&v=bPe-9uvab4w&ebc=ANyPxKrgflPUj1LVQb3vL83H27mu6Sv4UZDvC1QBE6PAhTDuShswxAISAAFtiMbRF7PuC_BOJJUPXVLcoM-BvjgxOnsdVSfZ3w

Watch the previews of Tania’s looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ee1nlznPg

Source http://9jabuzz.com.ng/bad-collabo-hit-tv-series-empire-gets-a-collaboration-with-ladies-cosmetic-brand-covergirl-3/
Music/Radio / Naija Boyz Release A Hilarious Cover Of Justin Bieber’s Song ‘sorry’| Watch by 9jabuzzdotcom: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
We’ve patiently waited more than a year for these guys and kept wondering if they were ever going to release a new song remix. Well, they are back.

Popular online comedians Naija Boyz have jumped on the wagon by releasing their own version and it’s something else.

Girls, make sure you never allow your boyfriend hug you and look else where, he might be looking at the babe behind. Lol.

Watch it below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07AgNpchuiA

Source: http://9jabuzz.com.ng/naija-boyz-release-a-hilarious-cover-of-justin-biebers-song-sorry-watch/
Politics / US Raid Kills IS Second-in-command In Syria by 9jabuzzdotcom: 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
The second-in-command of so-called Islamic State (IS) has been killed in a US operation in Syria, US media report.

Defense officials told NBC News that Abdul Rahman Mustafa al-Qaduli, an Iraqi who was also known as Hajji Iman, was killed during a raid this month.

US Defence Secretary Ash Carter was expected to confirm the jihadist militant's death and provide details of the raid at 10:30 (14:30 GMT).

The US authorities had offered a reward of $7m (£5m) for Qaduli.

Source:http://9jabuzz.com.ng/us-raid-kills-is-second-in-command-in-syria/

Celebrities / Re: See OAP Yaw And Others Look On Black Carpet Of Etisalat Prize For Literarure by 9jabuzzdotcom: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2016
Afrok:
Who is Yaw? The one with orange shoe under Agbada? I guess so coz that dressing made me Yawn and Yarn for Yam shocked

No Yaw is the first picture guy. The one with Igbo cloth

Celebrities / Re: See OAP Yaw And Others Look On Black Carpet Of Etisalat Prize For Literarure by 9jabuzzdotcom: 8:15am On Mar 25, 2016

Celebrities / Re: See OAP Yaw And Others Look On Black Carpet Of Etisalat Prize For Literarure by 9jabuzzdotcom: 8:13am On Mar 25, 2016

Celebrities / See OAP Yaw And Others Look On Black Carpet Of Etisalat Prize For Literarure by 9jabuzzdotcom: 8:12am On Mar 25, 2016
On March 20, 2016, Fiston Mwanza from the Democratic Republic of Congo won the Etisalat Prize for Literature, walking away with £15,000 and a one year Fellowship at the University of East Anglia, mentored by Professor Giles Foden, writer of award-winning book “The Last King of Scotland” for his debut novel, Tram 83.

He won two South Africans were finalists for the prize: Penny Busetto, with the novel: “The Story of Anna P as Told by Herself”, and Rehana Rossouw, with the book: “What Will People Say?”

The night also graced musicians like Darey Art-Alade and award winning Asa and also saw the poem reading by award-winning poet and spoken word orator Efe Paul.

Well, nothing makes an event more interesting than a red carpet, or in this case a black carpet, because after all the long speech and round of applause, we’d still walk down the carpet for pictures.

And as we promised, here are the pictures of the Etisalat Prize for Literature black carpet.
http://9jabuzz.com.ng/black-carpet-yaw-genevieve-folu-storms-and-others-look-fab-at-the-black-carpet-at-the-etisalat-prize-for-literature/

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.