Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

9jaHope's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaHope's Profile / 9jaHope's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Re: The Loophole Called Federal Government by 9jaHope(m): 11:52am On Aug 06, 2009
smiley
Politics / Give Each State An Oil Block by 9jaHope(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2009
That most people have been advocating for true federalism for many years is not new,the fact that this idea has many antagonists isn't also new.

The main concern expressed by anagonists of this idea has always been that the non-oil producing states will loose their main(and probably sole) source of revenues,thereby rendering the states coomatose.

I say we resolve this significant concern by giving each non-oil producing state (NOPS)an oil block. They will be resposible for exploration and exploitation and also for the marketing,sales and other associated logistics of dealing in oil.

My guess is the revenues from these 'oil sales' will get closer to the Nigerian people,very much unlike the current inefficiently multi-layered and corrupt system involving the Federal govt and NNPC,PTDF etc. We don't need Abuja to first collect money then distribute,rather,each state should pay taxes,to the communities and the federal government. So when the FG puts together a budget,its based not on an unending pot of oil revenue ,but on identifiable taxes(custom duties,included).

Of course this also means ,most of the responsibilities of the FG will go to the rightful 'owners' of the problem-the states,things like police,roads,schools,hospitals etc.

Cynics mught say,the states would be even more corrupt,well my simple answer is that my state governor is closer to me in Alausa,than some distant figure in Aso Rock ;who would be in a better position to decide whether I should have a primary healthcare centre in my ward ?

The status quo is usually the most comfortable position one can take,lets think outside the box.
Sports / Re: N8.2 Billion NTA U-17 World Cup Scandal by 9jaHope(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2009
No comments. . . . cry cry cry cry cry
Foreign Affairs / Re: Authentication of Marriage Certificate by 9jaHope(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2009
chillbabe:

Why r u badmouting the security guys there not all r bet if it was not because off one that helped me i almost run mad and he didn't ask me a dime. First u need a ctc go with it 2 forneign affairs with 2 paspoort photograh ure own paspoort and that off ure wife. When it is stamped u call or go to the ambassy make an apoinment u have 2 tell them that ure in a hotel so they will attend 2 u the next day. Pls make sure there is no mistake on ure ctc if there is the dutch won't accept it. And it is better if ure wife is there with u. And believe me no other eu ambassy will authenticate 4 u cause i have tried belgium ambassy and they said no. If u have everything in order there will be no problem. Geloof me
OK

chillbabe:

Dat is raar ok stuur het naar lightgirl70@hotmail.com of bel me op nul acht nul drie zes drie een nul vijf nul negen hoor je gauw
can i email u too,to learn dutch ? grin grin
Foreign Affairs / Re: Authentication of Marriage Certificate by 9jaHope(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2009
No worries mate,its quite sad indeed. My only other advise if you can't go to abuja(which is you safest bet really),is that you can contact any other EU Nigerian embassy to assist.
Once another EU body authenticates you're all clear. . . . . . . wink
Foreign Affairs / Re: Authentication of Marriage Certificate by 9jaHope(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2009
dutchmanr:

We (my Nigerian wife and me) need some information about the authentication of our Nigerian marrigecertificate at the Nigerian Monistry of Forreign Affairs in Abuja.
According to some ,( Not official), information the MFA will only authenticate a so called ''certified true copy'' of our marriagecertificate which has to be issued at the Local Governenent where we married.
Does anybody know something about this authentificationissues?
We cannot reach the MFA in Abuja by mail or phone, so I would be glad if somebody here could give us any information !thanks a lot
The way it works is that you will make 2 photocopies(I suggest 2 so u can keep one for the future) of the original& take the 3 copies(1 original for sighting & 2 copies) to MOFA abuja. They'll hold on to the 3 and certify the 2 copies with the Ministry's seal & authorised signature and then return all 3 . You'll pay I think N1k  for each certification.

MY ADVISE DON'T INVOLVE ANY OF THE POLICEMEN OR SECURITY OUTSIDE THE MOFA ,THEY'LL MILK YOU DRY,JUST GO IN AT THE ADVISED TIME AND WAIT YOUR TURN,IF THEY EVEN SUSPECT YOU'RE IN A HURRY OR YOU'RE A JJC . . . . . . .  . .

You may have to take a trip down to abuja yourself,as they'll only certify in your presence. They do it on Mon,Wed & Thursday. .  . .so you can sort it in one week. The alternative is that you visit the Nig embassy(I know they're all useless,but try).
I don't know what your specific requirements are however,you may need to visit the Dutch embassy in Abuja as well to further authenticate it. Once you do this the document will be acceptable in the Netherlands.
Politics / The Loophole Called Federal Government by 9jaHope(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2009
I remember a poem from secondary school titled -Who’ job is it? It goes something like this:
This is the story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry because it was Somebody's job.
Everybody thought Somebody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it
It ended that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!
This poem graphically illustrates the dilemma called Nigerian government. Everybody in this instance could stand for the almighty Federal government, which ascribes to itself all the functions within the country; some have termed this a unitary style of government, whereby all the resources and responsibilities lie with the Federal government including, unbelievably - roads within a state !
The Federal government is responsible for Power generation and almost everything you can think of, that affects the everyday lives of ordinary Nigerians.
While this shouldn’t be a problem, if they were indeed doing the job, but what you have is that Nobody(or No one i.e. zero) does what should have being done by Mr Everybody(Federal),which promptly blames Mr Somebody (state).
And who suffers. . . . . . . .the masses. . .

Solution. . . .less and less Federal government,more and more state and local government. This might sound too simplistic,but it is realistic.
Politics / Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by 9jaHope(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
I find this rather amusing. . .I remember the BA case last year when over 100 Lagos bound Nigerians were maltreated at Heathrow. . .I don't recall the House of Reps taking that up. . .

Just shows where our politicians priorities lie
Politics / Re: This Is Lagos: Pics by 9jaHope(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2009
He's trying to make a phone call. . . , probably from the highest point in his village ! lol! grin
Politics / Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by 9jaHope(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

Okiro is a bloody thief!
Something else caught my attention when i read the post. . . . Banks are dodgy as mess in Nigeria!
60% interest waiver on a state's debt without due process/approval shocked shocked shocked

this allegation may be misleading. . . .NDIC being the liquidator of the bank don't need any politicians approval to waive interest.

Their primary concern is to the depositors and then the investors. If the state for example promises to settle with cash without delay and not post dated cheques;in addition to avoiding debilitating litigation,they are well within their rights to consider.It(NDIC) is an independent institution just like the CBN !

Really sad the IG's involved in this. . . . . . . .
Politics / Re: Opc, Yce Are Talking Rubbish-mend by 9jaHope(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
I suggest we resolve everything peacefully
Nairaland / General / Re: Welcome, New Nairalanders by 9jaHope(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2009
hi ,I'm new here . . . , hope to contribute my own towards developing our great country .

I'm based in the ME ,but with keen interest in what is happening back home.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.