Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (119955 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: So the Kru Women Are the Thickest Ehh?

Damn i have been sleeping on the Kru

u ve been missing big timeeee! cool
Kru women are foinnne no kidding
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 04, 2013
She looks kind of Meshed In Between.

A Purer Sudanid usually are flat and narrow like this chick

Meanwhile the Guinesids(Bottom Pic) are much Wider And Thicker.

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 04, 2013
uummh the 1st pic and these women are not in the same age range, she may get bigger when she get older and have kids

the women in the 2nd pic, they are big, with big breast but they dun seem to have wide hips noo

check out this vid, the 2nd girl dancing, her face ain't wide, her breast and waist line are small but her ass and hips are huuuge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4RuEawB5uY
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 04, 2013
I have noticed it with other races.

Let's remove the African Pheno Labels

And just got...Vertical Based Morph Heads vs Round Based Morph Heads

...Irish women versus Samoan Women.....

...Mali Sudanid Structure vs South African Xhosa or Shona Round Head.

..All over the world, Round Heads Pack Wider Frames...

I have Also noticed this with Male Athletes as Well.

Bantus of southern Africa Possess more Round Based Morphs than Sahelian and Upper West Africans...

Hence the reason South African Women, Zimbabwe ect...are known for their immortal thickness

Nigerians and Ghanaians have more Guinesid Types.....than Northern Senegal..and Western Mali....

Hence the reason Nigerians and Ghana Mamiis are known for their Thickness vs the Slim Long Lengthy Frames of the Dakar Fashion Industry.

Even in the United STates.....

Round Headed Women usually always exceed "thick" and because of western Diet morph into these super large...extra fat Beast...

...See "Precious"...LmL

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 04, 2013
They get bigger true, but sometimes it's more in the breast and tummy and i dun like this type of weight gain, i prefer when it goes in the ass, hips and legs
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2013
Long Heads can stack thickness...don't get me wrong

I just feel Wide Round Heads usually possess the genetics to pack on weight easier and faster.

If i applied this theory to every female i have dated..it continues to ring true

with only the Round Headed women suffering from their own perceived weight problems. lol
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Long Heads can stack thickness...don't get me wrong

I just feel Wide Round Heads usually possess the genetics to pack on weight easier and faster.

If i applied this theory to every female i have dated..it continues to ring true

with only the Round Headed women suffering from their own perceived weight problems. lol

loool yea i hear ya, and u are right they tend to get bigger more often than sudanid types, but do u mind also of the type of weight gain they have? Or u just like thick women no matter what...
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2013
I love Human Genetic Diversity, i can talk about it all day.

Nice to see someone who shares my fetish.

Human Genetic Diversity discussions without the Concept of Racial Classifications are a Beautiful Thing. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2013
I prefer them to be proportioned....

I like Thick Arms, (No Flab) Wide Hips..thick Thighs....

I don't like the Sloppy Bodies.

Round Heads produce much more "sloppified" creatures LmL
grin

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: I love Human Genetic Diversity, i can talk about it all day.

Nice to see someone who shares my fetish.

Human Genetic Diversity discussions without the Concept of Racial Classifications are a Beautiful Thing. tongue

absolutely cheesy, me too I think the same
i didn't know u were on FBD as well,what yo sn there?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 04, 2013
The Diversity of Akans between Civ and Ghana Are Interesting...

The Civ Akans seem to have adopted some vertical head morphs along with varied facial feature diversity compared to the Akans of Ghana....

Like you...

You don't have an Asante head....

Even the Akan art shows "round heads"....

You know what art i am referring to of course.

You have a different Morph

I believe these morphs are definitely in line with geographical correlation.

Considering the further you go West...the more Sudanid Phenos become Present.

There is also historical literature of mass euro mixing with the Peoples of Civ.

That could have also played a factor

One thing is for certain...

When looking at a map and generating a "visual mental" sweep, across from west to east of the (or north to south) along the West African Coast....

Civ genetics seem out of place for an individual who isn't good with his studies.....(Civ is Lighter Than Ghana Despite being Closer to the Senegal,Mali and Migration waves.)

The forest regions and Possibly "some" mixing explain for much of that.

Your Head.... kiss
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: I prefer them to be proportioned....

I like Thick Arms, (No Flab) Wide Hips..thick Thighs....

I don't like the Sloppy Bodies.

Round Heads produce much more "sloppified" creatures LmL
grin

aha yea see like these women u posted, they have big upper body, and small nyansh, i think when a woman has this type of body it's preferable to stay fit
dun be super skinny cuz then u have nothin, but dun get big as well smiley
usually when the arms are very thick, the upper body is strong (this is what i have noticed, but i may be wrong)
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 04, 2013
Sybellah:

absolutely cheesy, me too I think the same
i didn't know u were on FBD as well,what yo sn there?

Who said i am..... wink

...Even if i was, i wouldn't dare link my Anti Muslim Religious Bigot Nairalander Persona with a well respected forum such as FBD. grin

Royal is Omnipresent my Queen.

I am Everywhere and All Seeing of All Knowledge. tongue
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: The Diversity of Akans between Civ and Ghana Are Interesting...

The Civ Akans seem to have adopted some vertical head morphs along with varied facial feature diversity compared to the Akans of Ghana....

Like you...

You don't have an Asante head....

eeh u think? I think I look Akan grin

الملكي فوق الله:
You have a different Morph

I believe these morphs are definitely in line with geographical correlation.

Considering the further you go West...the more Sudanid Phenos become Present.

There is also historical literature of mass euro mixing with the Peoples of Civ.

That could have also played a factor

oohh really eeeh for this i did not know, i just knew we have a lot of inter-ethnic mixes, abeg can u provide me with these sources about euro-mixes?

الملكي فوق الله:
One thing is for certain...

When looking at a map and generating a "visual mental" sweep, across from west to east of the (or north to south) along the West African Coast....

Civ genetics seem out of place for an individual who isn't good with his studies.....(Civ is Lighter Than Ghana Despite being Closer to the Senegal,Mali and Migration waves.)

The forest regions and Possibly "some" mixing explain for much of that.

Your Head.... kiss

Yup that's totally correct smiley
For the forest i was making this supposition because people from those dense forest in the west side of CIV have the highest rate of fair skin people.
The vegetation in CIV is very diverse, u see the west of our country used to have the biggest forest in west africa, and the people living there are the Bete, Guere and Dan. The Dan are living in an environment where there are a lot of mountains and forest, it's always rainy there and the climate is slightly different, so i thought in a way this could explain to some extent (not totally) the different shades of the people. smiley
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

Who said i am..... wink

...Even if i was, i wouldn't dare link my Anti Muslim Religious Bigot Nairalander Persona with a well respected forum such as FBD. grin

Royal is Omnipresent my Queen.

I am Everywhere and All Seeing of All Knowledge. tongue

lmaooo grin
u r a cool dude, it's nice to see this side of u wink

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 05, 2013
Liberian krumen gospel, my best part is when she sing in kru, @ Syb vos pagnes baoulés la ont fait comment pour arrivée au Liberia looool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qbP9pv5Nc
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2013
La beaute Guere/Wobe

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

eeh u think? I think I look Akan grin

No, Sorry I did not mean it like that at All.

You look very much Akan......Your features are very Akan

I forgot what i wrote, but what i meant to say is...You look more like a Civ Akan as opposed To Ghana Akan tongue

You see both Heads in Both Places, but it seems like Ghana has more of the Round Head {Gsd} Type.

Civ Akans are more Meshed
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

No, Sorry I did not mean it like that at All.

You look very much Akan......Your features are very Akan

I forgot what i wrote, but what i meant to say is...You look more like a Civ Akan as opposed To Ghana Akan tongue

You see both Heads in Both Places, but it seems like Ghana has more of the Round Head {Gsd} Type.

Civ Akans are more Meshed

aa kk i c, but u were saying also that there are some sources that mention mass euro mixes in CIV, personally i think there was some mixing in the past but to the same extent as in other west african countries no I am very curious about it, can u tell me where u saw these information please?
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

aa kk i c, but u were saying also that there are some sources that mention mass euro mixes in CIV, personally i think there was some mixing in the past but to the same extent as in other west african countries no I am very curious about it, can u tell me where u saw these information please?

From what i know, the French Mixed in with many of the Civ Groups. Compared to Senegal where it was very little Mixing.

Based on some of the Phenotypes and the stark differences in certain features compared to their Brothers of the East. The Tales might be Plausible.

I read it somewhere on the web.
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Based on what you know...What is your Opinion?

Do you feel the Physical Morphs and Diverse Adaptation is out of Place when compared to your Sister Nation of the East?

If i were to guess, i would assume the dense forest regions contribute to the skin tone variance and the Sahel Down Migrations contributed to the Cranio/Jaw Morphs

But if i was also to be Honest...Civ does appear to be the closet thing to New World Blacks, With the Exception of Biafra
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 06, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

From what i know, the French Mixed in with many of the Civ Groups. Compared to Senegal where is was very little Mixing.

Based on some of the Phenotypes and the stark differences in certain features compared to their Brothers of the East. The Tales might be Plausible.

I read it somewhere on the web.

uumh kk, i am gonna try to look into it
I thought the Akan from CIV look somewhat different cuz of mixing, but not with euro tho
The Baoule especially have intermixed with the Gouro, Senoufo and Mandinka, and the ones in the south have been intermixing with each others
There were alliances among ethnic group (these alliances still exist) that favored some mixing as well.
Example of Alliances:
Attie (South Akan)-Dida (Kru)
Baoule (Central Akan)- Gouro (South Mande) ...mixing of these 2 gave birth to the Yaoure ethnic group
Senoufo (Gur) - Foula
Gouro - Foula
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

uumh kk, i am gonna try to look into it
I thought the Akan from CIV look somewhat different cuz of mixing, but not with euro tho
The Baoule especially have intermixed with the Gouro, Senoufo and Mandinka, and the ones in the south have been intermixing with each others
There were alliances among ethnic group (these alliances still exist) that favored some mixing as well.
Example of Alliances:
Attie (South Akan)-Dida (Kru)
Baoule (Central Akan)- Gouro (South Mande) ...mixing of these 2 gave birth to the Yaoure ethnic group
Senoufo (Gur) - Foula
Gouro - Foula

Hmmm Interesting.
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 06, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Based on what you know...What is your Opinion?

Do you feel the Physical Morphs and Diverse Adaptation is out of Place when compared to your Sister Nation of the East?

If i were to guess, i would assume the dense forest regions contribute to the skin tone variance and the Sahel Down Migrations contributed to the Cranio/Jaw Morphs

But if i was also to be Honest...Civ does appear to be the closet thing to New World Blacks, With the Exception of Biafra

yea i have noticed too that ressemblance with NWB is slightly more recurrent there especially with the Bhete ethnic group..., but see NWB have mixed african backgrounds as well, so that may explain it i think
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 06, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

Hmmm Interesting.

yup some intermixing gave birth to a few ethnic groups such as the wan, kouya and yaoure for example
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wooow, I didn't know that Ivorian Kru (bhete) are mix a lot with (french, american, brazilian, danish etc...) is it the case for others kru? is the Liberian kru wear tappa cloth too or it's specific to Ivorians kru? What about kru and ijaw ( i read somewhere on web, the kru are descent of ijaw, can u tell me if ivorians and kru especially know that? ), you can find some information about kru and ijaw on this website: http://ogbia.webs.com/theijawsorigin.htm
please could u post pic of more Liberian kru too see the difference with the Ivorian kru. Thanks
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
9ja-m:
Wooow, I didn't know that Ivorian Kru (bhete) are mix a lot with (french, american, brazilian, danish etc...) is it the case for others kru? is the Liberian kru wear tappa cloth too or it's specific to Ivorians kru? What about kru and ijaw ( i read somewhere on web, the kru are descent of ijaw, can u tell me if ivorians and kru especially know that? ), you can find some information about kru and ijaw on this website: http://ogbia.webs.com/theijawsorigin.htm
please could u post pic of more Liberian kru too see the difference with the Ivorian kru. Thanks

nononono the Ivorian Kru ain't mix with french, american, brazilian shocked shocked where did u see that abeg stop trollin grin
No, i talked about mixes, inter-ethnic mixes, but not euro mixes and I don't know if mixing happened as much with Kru groups, as it did with the Senoufo and the Baoule for example.
I have seen a few sources claiming that the Kru and Ijaws were originally the same, however i do not know seriously. A few sources claim different origins for them. I am going to check the website u provided, thanx kiss
For the pics will post more lib, gotta find the pics smiley
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have checked out the link, it aint workin
Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

[b]nononono the Ivorian Kru ain't mix with french, american, brazilian shocked shocked where did u see that abeg stop trollin grin
[/b]No, i talked about mixes, inter-ethnic mixes, but not euro mixes and I don't know if mixing happened as much with Kru groups, as it did with the Senoufo and the Baoule for example.
I have seen a few sources claiming that the Kru and Ijaws were originally the same, however i do not know seriously. A few sources claim different origins for them. I am going to check the website u provided, thanx kiss
For the pics will post more lib, gotta find the pics smiley
i see that here on this topic (serges gnabry, jonas zohore, jean loup blé etc...)

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah: I have checked out the link, it aint workin
THE PRIMARY ANCESTORS OF THE IJOS ARE AS FOLLOWS

THE ANCESTOR UJO ALSO KNOWN AS IJO, UZON, IZON, IZONOWEI, KALASUO, ORU, INDO-ORU, OGULABIOWEI, IDEKOSEROAKE THE FIRST PERE (RULER) and collective ancestor of the whole ethnic nationality.

THE ANCESTOR ASAIN, Seer and priest, companion to FATHER UJO and founder of the aboriginal Ijo communities at Abo

THE ANCESTOR GBARAN, collective ancestor of GBARAN TOWN (APOI), GBARANMATU, AROGBO, TUOMO, KABO, KUMBO AND GBARAN CLANS & EFFURUN (URHOBO) OF WARRI.

The ancestor OPU-BENI, collective ancestor of MEIN, IBENI (BENI OR OYAKIRI), OBOTEBE AND KALABARI CLANS.

The ancestor OPU-OKUN, collective ancestor of the OPUKUMA CLAN.

The ancestor KALA-OKUN (ALIAS ALUKU-DOGO), collective ancestor of the KOLOKUMA, APOI, IBANI CLANS, AND SECTIONS OF NEMBE, TUNGBO, BUSENI AND OKORDIA CLANS.

The ancestor APOI, collective ancestor of the APOI, UKOMU AND AKASSA CLANS.

The ancestor TARA, collective ancestor of the TARAKIRI & ANDONI CLANS.

The ancestor OPU-OGBO, collective ancestor of the EKPETIAMA, SEIMBIRI, EPIE-ATTISSA CLANS AND SECTIONS OF WAKIRIKE (OKIRIKA) AND NKORO.

The ancestor KALA-OGBO (ALIAS OGURU), collective ancestor of the IDUWINI & EGBEMA CLANS.

The ancestor OPORO, collective ancestor of the OPOROMA, OPEREMO, BASAN, FURUPAGHA AND OGBE-IJO CLANS.

The ancestor OLODI (ALIAS IGEDIGBOLO), collective ancestor of the OLODIAMA CLANS AND SECTIONS OF NEMBE.

The ancestor OGULA, collective ancestor of the OGULAGHA CLAN.

The ancestor KURU, collective ancestor of the KRUS OF LIBERIA.

The ancestor OYAN, collective ancestor of the OGBO-OYAN (OGBIA) CLAN.

The ancestor BOMOU, collective ancestor of the BOMA CLAN.

The ancestor IBI (OBI), collective ancestor of the OGBOIN, WAKIRIKE CLANS & SECTIONS OF NEMBE.

The ancestor KENI-OPU-ALA, collective ancestor of the KE.

The ancestor ORU, collective ancestor of the KULA, BILLE ETC

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
9ja-m:
i see that here on this topic (serges gnabry, jonas zohore, jean loup blé etc...)

but these are recent admixture, we posted cuz they are of Bhete ancestry as well, they are mixed race across the continent
i thought u meant the kru were of euro-mixed background, and this is a nono tongue

1 Like

Re: The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire by 9jam: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sybellah:

but these are recent admixture, we posted cuz they are of Bhete ancestry as well, they are mixed race across the continent
i thought u meant the kru were of euro-mixed background, and this is a nono tongue
loool i talk about the new generation of kru u post on this topic(especially bhete), it's the case for the orthers kru

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

African Images-sights And Sounds! / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.