Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) (1236 Views)

Mikel Obi’s Girlfriend Olga Takes A Walk With Their Twin Girls In A Stroller / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Super Eagles Take A Walk In Tanzania (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by PlayLover: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGNgtYK09u8

Serena Williams was so overjoyed after defeating Maria Sharapova in the Olympic singles and winning the gold that she broke into a Crip Walk dance.

"It was just me. I love to dance," Williams told reporters who inquired about her Crip Walk . "I didn't know what else to do. I was so happy, and next thing I know I started dancing and moving. I didn't plan it. It just happened."

When one naive reporter asked what the name of the dance could be -- "The Wimbledon?" or "The Serena?" -- Williams said, "Actually, there is a name. But I don't know if I -- it's inappropriate. It's just a dance we do in California."

"For the uninitiated, the Crip Walk is a funky little hip-hop dance move made famous by Crip gang members in Compton in the 1970s," wrote Fox Sports' Reid Forgrave, who went on to criticize Williams:

And there was Serena — the tennis legend, the winner of 14 individual Grand Slams, the best player of her generation, the American girl being crowned at the All-England Club as the queen of tennis — Crip-Walking all over the most lily-white place in the world.
She didn’t do it on purpose. It was a moment of unbridled joy. She pumped her fist, jumped up and down, looked into the crowd, then did her ill-timed dance.

You couldn’t help but shake your head. It was as if Serena just couldn’t seem to avoid dipping into waters of controversy even as she’d ascended to the top of her sport.

Another Fox Sports reporter, Jason Whitlock, downplayed the so-called controversy , saying: "What Serena did was akin to cracking a tasteless, X-rated joke inside a church... Serena deserved to be called out. What she did was immature and classless. She made a mistake, something we all do."
Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by babyboy3(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
Oh please!!!!!!!!!!! so she danced big deal, if Usain Bolt had done the same they would have released a dancing toy within next couple of weeks. She is the best of her Generation but she is the most hated as well I wonder why?
Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by Hotdiamond(m): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
this British m U mU media too dey criticize. If Na their fellow Brit do am. Dem no go Talk. Mtchewwwwww.
Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Do you thang Mami Serena, That was a damn good Crip walk too

So it's ok for Rafael Nadal to dig in his disgusting Funk-Ta-Fied AzzzCrack after every point, And smell his hand

Yet tha Black Biitch Can't Dance?

Do ya Thang Mami....{{{{{Team Usa}}}}}} MouthaFoukas

*Grabs Hat and Criip Walks**

C-Walk Homie. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcNMgcJAj8

London Niqqahz know how to C-Walk as Well.....My man @1:05 Killin that Shidd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TSy0Z5qTE

Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by PlayLover: 3:13am On Aug 08, 2012
FIRST VIDEO WAS REMOVED BY YOUTUBE,SO I JUST ADDED A NEW ONE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGNgtYK09u8
Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 08, 2012
Mami Serena Killed that Shid Thoroughly
Re: London 2012 Serena Williams' Crip Walk Dance Criticized As Inappropriate (VIDEO) by Lisa1: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2012
Much appreciated

(1) (Reply)

CAF President, Issa Hayatou To Resign After This Year / Nairabet Franchise / GOLDEN TEETH; Luis Suarez 'takes' Biting Skills To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.