Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1838073 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
lomaxx: Ok this is what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna categorize all thr soft copy links from preclinical to final year
All the books you're gonna need
Both Indian and others. You heard me right- Indian books.
-You can have Vasudevan, Charteajea , Sembulimgam , Harsh Mogan all in clean soft copy.
So drop your mails while I find start work.

May I use this time to say that as a medical student, a tablet is a must-have. You need it. If you have money, buy an iPad, bcause the battery life is flawless. The iPad 4 has a battery capacity of over 11,000 mah. If you're just using it to read without browsing, you could go for 4days without charge.

If you don't have money so much, buy a good tablet with a decent battery life. Tecno pads have decent battery life. Samsung too.

With a tablet you can have so many books at your disposal. Instead of buying one book and being limited, you can have as many as 4. It gives you an advantage over ur peers. And best if all, you can read anywhere.

Good luck guys. I'll get back to y'all.
boss my mail is ugbechieemmanuel@gmail.com Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by swiftz(f): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ lomaxx, are you sure it won't be best to upload them here or maybe on 4shared?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
I really wish i cn contribute
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by anthoniosp(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
pls i heard that there many scholarships for medical students is nt because of d money but it aids the program.......you feel me ba..so pls oooh i don taya for dis english ooh......abeg i need past question..... txtbooks....phone numbers of mentors, i still dey 200l for Gods sake...nd eheeen hope am nt doing wrng tin by speaking pidgin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dharyhor:

OAU u?
ABU
drop ur mail.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
swiftz: @ lomaxx, are you sure it won't be best to upload them here or maybe on 4shared?
exactly what I am thinking too.. cos d way its going.... we will have over 50e-mails

lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
lomaxx,ebsuguy and all bosses on d thread...
anyone who has sebulingam shld check.. I am just confused on this...
In d description of RBCs, they said RBCs do not have nucleus,mitochondrion and DNA..
then in erythropoiesis... maturation factors of RBCs..they said cyanocobalamin(b12) aids synthesis of DNA in RBC..
what's d synthesis when they stated 3chapters earlier that RBCs do not have DNA

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
elliotwiz1@gmail.com thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
swiftz: @ lomaxx, are you sure it won't be best to upload them here or maybe on 4shared?

My job is simple. I sort the books into their different courses and provide the direct download links with instructions(as applicable). I'll send to all the email addresses and subsequent emails, I'll just forward simply. Instead of uploading for you to download, I provide the links and you download with almost 2 clicks.

By tomorrow morning, those who have dropped their mails should expect the dispatch.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
DrHesjay: lomaxx,ebsuguy and all bosses on d thread...
anyone who has sebulingam shld check.. I am just confused on this...
In d description of RBCs, they said RBCs do not have nucleus,mitochondrion and DNA..
then in erythropoiesis... maturation factors of RBCs..they said cyanocobalamin(b12) aids synthesis of DNA in RBC..
what's d synthesis when they stated 3chapters earlier that RBCs do not have DNA

RBCs exist in a spectrum from the precursors to the matured RBC. When they said RBCs do not have nucleus and DNA, they were referring to matured RBCs. Precursors to matured RBCs have a nucleus and DNA. Vitamin B12 is necessary for maturation of precursors RbCs to mature RBC. And as they mature, nucleus is lost.

That's why people with Vitamin B12 deficiency come down with Megaloblastic anaemia. Because of defective DNA synthesis in the precursor RBC. Hence, no maturity. So they tend to have a lot of immature RBCs in circulation leading to anaemia. If its not matured RBC, it isn't RBC.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
lomaxx:

RBCs exist in a spectrum from the precursors to the matured RBC. When they said RBCs do not have nucleus and DNA, they were referring to matured RBCs. Precursors to matured RBCs have a nucleus and DNA. Vitamin B12 is necessary for maturation of precursors RbCs to mature RBC. And as they mature, nucleus is lost.

That's why people with Vitamin B12 deficiency come down with Megaloblastic anaemia. Because of defective DNA synthesis in the precursor RBC. Hence, no maturity. So they tend to have a lot of immature RBCs in circulation leading to anaemia. If its not matured RBC, it isn't RBC.
wow... thanks for d wonderful reply boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ItzladyP24(f): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dr lomaxx pls kindly send to nchikapamela@gmail.com for my cousin. tanx alot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dharyhor: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
musty001: ABU
drop ur mail.

omotosomaleek@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rrhoda: Any lasu medical student?
yeah I am + please I need the medical biochemistry soft copy. My email address is ttinycutie@yahoo.ca
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
Doclight: please is does lasu have a good medical school?

Or would i be wasting my time there?
lasu has great facilities. It's one of the best med schs in Nigeria (with a teaching hosp to standards of D populated lagos). You'll enjoy it here 100 percent. Great standard
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
lomaxx:

My job is simple. I sort the books into their different courses and provide the direct download links with instructions(as applicable). I'll send to all the email addresses and subsequent emails, I'll just forward simply. Instead of uploading for you to download, I provide the links and you download with almost 2 clicks.

By tomorrow morning, those who have dropped their mails should expect the dispatch.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by alphamaryam(f): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dr lomaxx, please send to gmaryam2014@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 12:36am On Jul 24, 2014
Dharyhor:

omotosomaleek@gmail.com

Omotoso Maleek shocked
Ex Yellow House Paru student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2014
lomaxx:

Wow!! nice one
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dharyhor: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2014
ashhascash:

Omotoso Maleek shocked
Ex Yellow House Paru student?

U ar right...
Btw who is dis?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tgal20: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2014
lomaxx:

pls I wuld need the textbooks too.my email is tobiebony16@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gr8virus(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2014
lomaxx:

I am also interested sir,
Gr8virus@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naijamd(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
-You can have Vasudevan, Charteajea , Sembulimgam , Harsh Mogan all in clean soft copy.

May I use this time to say that as a medical student, a tablet is a must-have. You need it. If you have money, buy an iPad, bcause the battery life is flawless. The iPad 4 has a battery capacity of over 11,000 mah. If you're just using it to read without browsing, you could go for 4days without charge.

If you don't have money so much, buy a good tablet with a decent battery life. Tecno pads have decent battery life. Samsung too.

With a tablet you can have so many books at your disposal. Instead of buying one book and being limited, you can have as many as 4. It gives you an advantage over ur peers. And best if all, you can read anywhere.

Pls I'll also need the link uyinamuna@yahoo.com thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Opiacollins15@gmail.com

lomaxx★
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnfavour(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lomaxx, i am interested sir. Johnfavour94@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by UromOta(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Bro Lommax, ur humble boy still dey oo. Ma email na- uromotamaths@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2014

sir, pls this is my mail (smart-dave@live.com)
thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2014
lomaxx:

an 100l student just gained alot 4rm dis

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2014
victoryagbujie@gmail.com
thanks Doc LOmaxx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seunO4: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2014
M................@gmail.com

@lomaxx,what happened to your BBM?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Wish i joined this september
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Destinygrl(f): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=lomaxx]Ok this is what I'm gonna do

With a tablet you can have so many books at your disposal. Instead of buying one book and being limited, you can have as many as 4. It gives you an advantage over ur peers.hi pls send to cutedoc32@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.