Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823530 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2015
smartdave1:
Good-day Doctors!

I once heard that there are some medical students who regrets for ever opting for medicine and some may along the line change their course.

Please is there any one here who have had this experience or who is having this experience?

What are the possible causes of the regret?

How could one overcome it?

I am an aspirant...

Thanks!

The Glory is in the Struggle...
The pain fortifies your mind for the Future's hustle
The stress makes you tougher
Only if you believe in Willpower
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by protonz(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2015
harrysterol:
u will be doing more of physics and anatomy so fear not and gear up
tanks bro!...do u mind explaining more on d type of physics (nuclear wud definately b among)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2015
doctors in the house.... i greet uuaall..
what points do i need to bottress on in this assigment... " LIFE IS A PROTEIN DIRECTED PROCESS DISCUSS?"

cc.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 3:50pm On May 09, 2015
IkembaCMD:

The Glory is in the Struggle... The pain fortifies your mind for the Future's hustle The stress makes you tougher Only if you believe in Willpower
hmmmmm The glory is in the struggle?? Why not ADVENTURE after VENTURE??
The stress makes you tougher
I concur! As the soldiers will say "Hard way is the only way"
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by agafiya: 3:58pm On May 09, 2015
My condolence to Dr Lagusta, I pray you don't experience such again. And nice work there on your diary......I am gonna miss it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 5:24pm On May 09, 2015
Ksudr:
what points do i need to bottress on in this assigment... " LIFE IS A PROTEIN DIRECTED PROCESS DISCUSS?"

cc.

I will take this to be medical biochemistry.I think you are meant to write on Transcription of genes.example,in the dna of some bacteria are clusters of genes called pathogenecity island.these genes when transcribed leads to synthesis of proteins that inturn are responsible for the synthesis of structures needed for the survival of the bacteria. Hence,every process in the body is accomplish by proteins which are produced by transcription of specific genes.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2015
ebsuguy:

I will take this to be medical biochemistry.I think you are meant to write on Transcription of genes.example,in the dna of some bacteria are clusters of genes called pathogenecity island.these genes when transcribed leads to synthesis of proteins that inturn are responsible for the synthesis of structures needed for the survival of the bacteria. Hence,every process in the body is accomplish by proteins which are produced by transcription of specific genes.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2015
ebsuguy:

tanx boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2015
Ksudr:

cc.

in support to what my Boss said,u have to talk also abt ENZYMES how the life would hav bn miserable If the food eating today were to digest abt a month later! .And also most clotting factors are protein imagn how many life would be lost daily if there is no haemostasis!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OneNigeria44(m): 11:03am On May 10, 2015
Gisthaphy:

what's brainfriend pls? ehmm as for ur question, she must need to score above 290 for merit admission. anything short of that is followed by longer legs. had someone dat scored 304 and was given admission on merit. their exam is cbt and she should b conversant with past questions.
Doc, that was a long time ago. Admission in uniport now depends on the general performance in UTME and Post UTME. Last year, almost all my friends that got an average( Jamb + Post ume divided by 2) of 240 and above were admitted. A friend of mine got 218 in jamb and 280 in post ume, his name was on the Merit list. So I advice the girl to Jack up for her post Ume and pray. But she should also bear in mind that the general performance in jamb this year was high though. On behalf of The Unique Doctors of Unique Uniport. I wish her success. Happy Sunday house

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OneNigeria44(m): 11:07am On May 10, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
Pls my niece is an aspirant, she chose uniport,pls what book is she supposed to read for post ume, cos she scored 213 in jamb nd does anybody know about brainfriend?tnx
Brain Friend is a nice software. Tell her to revise her jamb past questions thoroughly. I have a Post ume CBT software I used for preparations then. It really proved helpful. There is a past question called 4 in 1,it is a big book in landscape format. I actually saw some questions the way it was asked in the book. Like I said before, pray hard and study hard. There is still hope.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:44pm On May 10, 2015
OneNigeria44:
Brain Friend is a nice software. Tell her to revise her jamb past questions thoroughly. I have a Post ume CBT software I used for preparations then. It really proved helpful. There is a past question called 4 in 1,it is a big book in landscape format. I actually saw some questions the way it was asked in the book. Like I said before, pray hard and study hard. There is still hope.
my dear may God bless u for me ooo, I showed her the comments people said regarding her score, she got depressed nd stopped reading, I have bin begging her, but I wld show her this comment, thank u so much, pls hw do I get d software
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:49pm On May 10, 2015
OneNigeria44:
Doc, that was a long time ago. Admission in uniport now depends on the general performance in UTME and Post UTME. Last year, almost all my friends that got an average( Jamb + Post ume divided by 2) of 240 and above were admitted. A friend of mine got 218 in jamb and 280 in post ume, his name was on the Merit list. So I advice the girl to Jack up for her post Ume and pray. But she should also bear in mind that the general performance in jamb this year was high though. On behalf of The Unique Doctors of Unique Uniport. I wish her success. Happy Sunday house
God bless you for me oooo, thank u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2015
tayyibb:
in support to what my Boss said,u have to talk also abt ENZYMES how the life would hav bn miserable If the food eating today were to digest abt a month later! .And also most clotting factors are protein imagn how many life would be lost daily if there is no haemostasis!
i will include it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OneNigeria44(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
my dear may God bless u for me ooo, I showed her the comments people said regarding her score, she got depressed nd stopped reading, I have bin begging her, but I wld show her this comment, thank u so much, pls hw do I get d software
The software is actually a large file which I can't send by mail. You can ask around for SOLID SOLUTIONS in any cyber cafe. Am presently in school in case you bump into school any day. The pdf past questions can be sent by mail I guess. Those ones are a bit smaller in size. If she really wants to study in uniport, she could apply for the Basic (Predegree) programme if this one doesn't work out. But with fervent prayer and serious jacking I believe she will scale through. Peace
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:48pm On May 10, 2015
OneNigeria44:
The software is actually a large file which I can't send by mail. You can ask around for SOLID SOLUTIONS in any cyber cafe. Am presently in school in case you bump into school any day. The pdf past questions can be sent by mail I guess. Those ones are a bit smaller in size. If she really wants to study in uniport, she could apply for the Basic (Predegree) programme if this one doesn't work out. But with fervent prayer and serious jacking I believe she will scale through. Peace
thank u so much my brother, I am sending u an email ,God bless
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by khlebisolwright: 12:40am On May 12, 2015
UNILAG POST JAMB QUESTION LEAKED

This is going out to everybody on this thread who is interested in getting admission into Unilag this year, the questions have leaked due to the overdrawn extension in the schools timetable

I have the questions and m willing to give you some of it for FREE. If you're interested in the question call 08180891410 or 08026311137, its limited to a number of people so the earlier the better.

Why m I doing it?? cos I want you to get admitted this year and also cos you'd still have to pay me to get the remaining part of the question. So if you buy it good for you, and if you don't its still good for you cos you'd still have the other part. So take a decision ASAP. 08180891410 or 08026311137
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dtyla(m): 12:45am On May 12, 2015
Got 230 in jamb,goin for medicine and surgery at unn,wot are my chances of gettin admitted..................where can I get unn ume past question?my email dokwechime@ymail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lilchris04: 9:43am On May 12, 2015
Morning Drs. & aspiring Drs. How was your night? I'm an aspiring medical student of OAU. Actually, I feel the passion to study medicine & I know, by God's grace, I'm in already. Nonetheless, I have heard various things about this course. I'm not moved. I just want our "Ogaas" in the thread to shed more light on what the course is & what it means to study medicine in Nigeria. What's the least duration a medical student is expected to read for daily? I hear the reading never stops. Lol! Is it really as hard as people say it is? I would be glad if I get answers from great intellectuals like you. Thanks & God bless.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:23am On May 12, 2015
dtyla:
Got 230 in jamb,goin for medicine and surgery at unn,wot are my chances of gettin admitted..................where can I get unn ume past question?my email dokwechime@ymail.com
Man! That score z low, but with study, schooling is possible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by successtar(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2015
Recently, the final MBBS results of my school was released. All of us approached the college's clinical building with fear to look at the notice board. You are never sure you've passed till you see the board.
Medicine is not for the chicken hearted. You need mental strength. It is a course you could spend years writing one exam after the other. Some give up on their own and change course.
I wish to share with you what I learnt from the medical school. Here we go.

1) SUCCESS IS GOALS.
On the night our final results were released, the Teaching Hospital environment changed. The city saw massive activities. Ladies and gentlemen gathered at cool joints to celebrate and be grateful for all the blessings life had bestowed upon them. In a certain joint, one cool guy, the wisest among us stood up in our midst and said, "Success is goals. All else is commentary"
We all nodded in agreement to his wisdom.
The exam that will take you by surprise is the one you didn't prepare for. Set goals for success.

2) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GENIUS IN MEDICINE.
People usually think that medical students are the most intelligent people. That is partly true. Usually, the most intelligent pool of students from various secondary schools apply to study medicine every year. But when they enter medical school, they must learn to drop the genius myth. We have seen the brightest chap who humbled WAEC and JAMB with high scores drop out from 2nd MBBS exam. Stuffs happen. Get ready for them. In the words of Donald Trump, " There will be no guarantees, but being prepared sure beats being taken unawares."

Burn the midnight candle to raise your chances of perpetual success.

3) ANY AVERAGE STUDENT CAN STUDY MEDICINE.
There is no truer statement. In medicine, your only challenge is
- See more at: http://myexampoint.com/news.php?action=view&ref=198

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donriddo(m): 12:39am On May 13, 2015
lilchris04:
Morning Drs. & aspiring Drs. How was your night? I'm an aspiring medical student of OAU. Actually, I feel the passion to study medicine & I know, by God's grace, I'm in already. Nonetheless, I have heard various things about this course. I'm not moved. I just want our "Ogaas" in the thread to shed more light on what the course is & what it means to study medicine in Nigeria. What's the least duration a medical student is expected to read for daily? I hear the reading never stops. Lol! Is it really as hard as people say it is? I would be glad if I get answers from great intellectuals like you. Thanks & God bless.

Thank Goooood!!!! Haaa, ßoss chris, na God bring u oo, no be devil. Whr u go all dis while wey ah don dey look for a fellow OAU aspiromedicologist. Nice meeting u Sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 12:41am On May 13, 2015
@Succestar. THUNDA THAT WILL FIRE U EH? SO NA SO U DEY TAKE COPY PERSON SWEAT-WRITTEN POST WITHOUT COPY-RIGHT, 'AS IF NA U WRITE AM'? MUST U DO THIS WITH MY OWN mentorandfriend? #ABEG WHO GET KOBOKO?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mentorandfriend(m): 6:42am On May 13, 2015
successtar:

Recently, the final MBBS results of my school was released. All of us approached the college's clinical building with fear to look at the notice board. You are never sure you've passed till you see the board.
Medicine is not for the chicken hearted. You need mental strength. It is a course you could spend years writing one exam after the other. Some give up on their own and change course.
I wish to share with you what I learnt from the medical school. Here we go.

1) SUCCESS IS GOALS.
On the night our final results were released, the Teaching Hospital environment changed. The city saw massive activities. Ladies and gentlemen gathered at cool joints to celebrate and be grateful for all the blessings life had bestowed upon them. In a certain joint, one cool guy, the wisest among us stood up in our midst and said, "Success is goals. All else is commentary"
We all nodded in agreement to his wisdom.
The exam that will take you by surprise is the one you didn't prepare for. Set goals for success.

2) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GENIUS IN MEDICINE.
People usually think that medical students are the most intelligent people. That is partly true. Usually, the most intelligent pool of students from various secondary schools apply to study medicine every year. But when they enter medical school, they must learn to drop the genius myth. We have seen the brightest chap who humbled WAEC and JAMB with high scores drop out from 2nd MBBS exam. Stuffs happen. Get ready for them. In the words of Donald Trump, " There will be no guarantees, but being prepared sure beats being taken unawares."

Burn the midnight candle to raise your chances of perpetual success.

3) ANY AVERAGE STUDENT CAN STUDY MEDICINE.
There is no truer statement. In medicine, your only challenge is
- See more at: http://myexampoint.com/news.php?action=view&ref=198
Successtar are you kidding me? Copied my intellectual material, word for word into your blog without referencing me? Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Successtar are you kidding me? Copied my intellectual material, word for word into your blog without referencing me? Are you serious?
grin those moments

Oga I wan pm you i get question to ask u grin hope you don't mind
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mentorandfriend(m): 8:29am On May 13, 2015
harrysterol:
grin those moments

Oga I wan pm you i get question to ask u grin hope you don't mind
Ok. Feel free with me. Send to chiemeziemw@gmail.com. I'll easily communicate with you there. My nairaland email is having issues.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Ok. Feel free with me. Send to chiemeziemw@gmail.com. I'll easily communicate with you there. My nairaland email is having issues.
thanks boss, right on it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:07am On May 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Dr. Win' Hope you would stay on the thread? It's really great here! And your help could be of immense benefits to some folks here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mentorandfriend(m): 9:22am On May 13, 2015
simba1:
Dr. Win' Hope you would stay on the thread? It's really great here! And your help could be of immense benefits to some folks here.
Ok. I'll be checking in here from time to time, and make some contributions too. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I was really surprised. I wanted to question him here but I thought he might have communicated with you. Too bad. Unfortunately, he's not the only blogger copying nairaland materials word for word. Lazy bloggers we have nowadays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Ok. I'll be checking in here from time to time, and make some contributions too. Thanks.
Dr did you see my mail? grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fab001: 10:23am On May 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.