Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures (3904 Views)

Mixed Martial Arts UFC 145 Result Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans Pictures / Promoting Mixed Martial Arts In Nigeria / Martial Arts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
Jon Jones is the current Light Heavy Champion of the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)Organisation UFC. He is blazing a trail through the Martial Arts World bulldozing through an impressive who’s who list of the best Martial Arts fighters in the World.

Early this morning he fought and defeated Vitor Belfort. It was scheduled for 3:am BST but i had to stay up till 5:10am here in London to see the fight. Vitor Belfort is a former champion and one of my favourite fighters of all time. Vitor Belfort is a Martial Arts legend; originally from Brazil with a Black Belt in Jujitsu and Pro level boxing (He’s boxed professionally in the past).
Vitor Belfort is one of few only remaining MMA fighter from the original Hall of Fame in the UFC in it’s early days a Hall of Fame that includes the like of Randy Couture, Tito Ortitz, Tank Abbot, Chuck Liddell, Royce Gracie, Vanderlai Silva(These are some of the greatest combat level martial artists to have ever lived). They were the forefathers of the new breed of fighting which is Mixed Martial Arts.
Their styles include wrestling, Jujitsu, Boxing, Kick-boxing, Muay Thai, Chute boxe, Karate.

As Martial Arts evolves these methods of cross training and multiple proficiency now dominates combat sports. Essentially in MMA you would last only seconds if you bring only one skill to the table regardless of your mastery. You must be able to punch, kick, wrestle. You must be able to fight on your feet or on your back these days.

Just a little opener for Nairalanders that are interested in Martial Arts and MMA.While i know Martial Arts is well established in Nigeria MMA is a relatively new concept. I personally started training in Shotokan Karate when i was in Nigeria in Festac-Town Lagos with a guy called Cross- B like 15-17years ago.I also trained in boxing at the National Stadium boxing gym in Orile-Iganmu Lagos. Over the years i’ve been off and on due to work and personal commitment but there’s hardly a week that goes by over the last 20yrs when i don’t train. Anyways here are the pics from the fight..

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2012
fight

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
fight.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
Fight.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
Weigh-in.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by Krucifax(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
Fight.

Re: Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures by roymary: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
Jon jones for President! Keeps pummeling 'em!

(1) (Reply)

Fcpredict.com Latest Winnings Score / Is Ramires Santos Of Chelsea Fc From Kenya? / Epic Throwback Photos Of Alex Iwobi With His Uncle , Jay Jay Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.