Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One (1926 Views)

Download The Latest Smadav Free Anti-virus 2016 For Better Security / What Is The Difference Between LAPTOPS And NOTEBOOK? / Where Can I Get Free Anti Virus Downloaded for My laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One by MrMurdah: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2012
I used to use Bullguard.

I am supposed to be entitled to 3 licenses.

However when I changed laptops, I found out I could not access my extra licenses.

What happened?

I am temporarily using Avast 2011. It looks good enough but the fact that I downloaded free is not exactly comforting.

How good is Avast?

What really is the difference between free anti-virus and a paid one?

Many questions.

But I know the techies on NL are always on point.

Thanks guys.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One by folafola(m): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2012
there are some locked functions that is not allowed on free antivirus but you get them immediacy you upgrade to full version
Re: What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One by koseepaaro(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2012
To add to what folafola has said, when you use free version of an antivirus, there are some features of that antivirus that you wouldn`t be able to use but when you now buy the license key for the antivirus, all the features of that antivirus would now be available for you to enjoy. Including option for you to update the antivirus once you are connected to the internet (in order for your antivirus to be able to detect latest virus codes) which most free versions of antivirus might not give you opportunity of.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One by adetwin(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
folafola: there are some locked functions that is not allowed on free antivirus but you get them immediacy you upgrade to full version

he have said it all ........
Re: What Is The Difference Between Free Anti Virus And A Paid One by femi4: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
Well, using Avast as an example cos I use both the free version and the paid.
In Avast free: You can only do virus definitions update

Avast pro: Gives you firewall protection as well as virus difinitions update(its a paid version as well

Avast internet security(AIS): Possesses all the features you have in both free and pro version.
I.e definition updates, firewall,internet security etc

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten(10) Technology Mogul Billionaires / Activating Code For Chicken Invaders / Awoof Clearance Sales: America Used Lenovo Laptop T430s Core I7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.