Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List (19203 Views)

Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2015 #amvca2015 (full Winners List) / All Of Nollywood’s Lesbian Actresses Revealed / The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by kachy: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
A total of 32 awards were handed out to practitioners of the Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, at the fifth edition of the Best Of Nollywood (BON) awards which took place on Sunday, November, 11, 2012, night at TBS Auditorium, Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.

The ceremony was hosted by Nollywood actor Nonso Diobi and former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Sylvia Nduka.

The biggest winners were the Yoruba movie, Ayekooto, which landed five awards including Best Movie, Best Cinematography, Best Actor in a Leading Role (Yoruba) which went to Femi Adebayo, Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Yoruba) to Ibrahim Chitta and Director of the Year for Bayo Tijani.

The Hausa movie, Madubin Dubawa got three awards. Its leading actor, Ali Nuhu won the Best Actor in a Leading Role (Hausa) and Best Actor (Hausa). Actress Rahama Hassan was also named Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Hausa) for her role in the movie.

Speaking on the awards, the organiser, Seun Oloketuyi, said that his vision for the awards is to provide a platform where Nigerian movie stars can be celebrated.

"Nollywood artists sweat it out daily in order to make their fans happy. They have also created a unique identity for the country through their work. We have successfully done that for the past four years and the stars have come to look forward to it every year as a just reward for their work. We have also had the usual challenges of finance, but God has continued to see us through every year. This year’s event was ably supported by Onga and Anapuna."

Hausa actor Ali Nuhu, who got two awards on the night, noted that this was the first time the Hausa movie industry was fully participating in an award ceremony in Nigeria.

"We are excited at this opportunity to join our colleagues from other genres of the Nigerian movie industry. The BON awards is a welcome development to the industry," he said.

See the full list of the winners below: 

Best actor in a leading role (English): Joseph Benjamin for Married But Living Single
Best actress in a leading role (English): Nse Ikpe Etim for Phone Swap
Best actor in a leading role (Yoruba): Femi Adebayo for Ayekooto
Best actress in a leading role (Yoruba): Ayo Adesanya for Amope Alasela
Best actor in a leading role (Hausa): Ali Nuhu for Madubin Dubawa
Best actress in a supporting role (Yoruba): Iyabo Ojo for Ijo Olomo
Best actor in a supporting role (English): Yemi Blaq for The Search
Best actress in a supporting role (English): Tonto Dikeh for Broken Silence
Most promising act (Male): Alex Ekubo for In the Cupboard
Most promising act (Female): Belinda Effiah for Kokoma
Child actor of the year: Wale Akinwunmi for Amope Alasela
Child actress of the year: Priscilla Ojo for Jejeloye
Director of the year: Bayo Tijani for Ayekooto
Movie of the year: Ayekooto
Comedy of the year: Okon Lagos 2
Best movie with a social message: Kofo Tinubu
Screenplay of the year: The Search
Cinematography of the year: Ayekooto
Movie with the best sound: Adesuwa
Best edited movie: I’ll Take my Chances
Best production set: Phone Swap
Best actor (Hausa): Ali Nuhu for Madubin Dubawa
Best supporting actor (Hausa): Saddik Sani Saddik for Adamsy
Best actress (Hausa): Fati Ladan for Adamsy
Best actress in a supporting role (Hausa): Rahama Hassan for Madubin Dubawa
Most promising act (Yoruba): Ibrahim Chitta for Ayekooto
ONGA Best use of Nigerian food in Nollywood: Udeme
Best short film: Femi Kuti at 50
Best use of costume in a movie: Laide Bakare for Jejere
Best kiss in a Nigerian movie: Uti Nwachukwu and Tonto Dikeh for Broken Silence
Revelation of the year: Moyo Lawal
Best print media journalist: Biodun Kupoluyi for E-234
Special recognition: Emem Isong, Tunde Kelani, Richard Mofe Damijo 

http://www.naijapicks.com/2012/11/best-of-nollywood-awards-2012-winners.html?m=1
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
hmmm, this guy NuHU
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is not a mainstream Nollywood award.Though it's a good trend.
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Jerros213(m): 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
@ 0P Did u attend the event?
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by megxo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
ALI NUHU LANKY...........SINCE TONTO NO GO EVA WIN ANYTIN 4 MUSIC, SHE GET HOPE HERE cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by dilbert100: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
nice. well done to everyone.
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by forkadict(m): 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
BEST KISS IN A NIGERIAN MOVIES AWARD? ARE YOU FORKING KIDDING ME?

THE ORGANISERS OF THIS AWARD ARE BRAINLESS

9 Likes

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Afam4eva(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
fork adict: BEST KISS IN A NIGERIAN MOVIES AWARD? ARE YOU FORKING KIDDING ME?

They're obviously copying Hollywood. Best kiss ko Best frikpo ni...
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by jayjam(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Great
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by labamo07(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
List plenty like this my name no kan dey there.......smh
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by glizengem(f): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
Didn't c my Daniella (mercy Johnson) na ojoro

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by achi4u(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
local award to local artists

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by mumumugu(m): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
Why IS G E J not in d list.?
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by olaezebala: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
fork adict: BEST KISS IN A NIGERIAN MOVIES AWARD? ARE YOU FORKING KIDDING ME?

You can say that again

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Jubal01: 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Mtcccheeeew!
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by kachy: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
Best kiss in a Nigerian movie: Uti Nwachukwu and Tonto Dikeh for Broken Silence

Come I thought this guy no dey do chicks. Anyway he must have been practising how to kiss with guy men. Feel like throwing up......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by aglomar: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
talented ppu
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by lorddannie: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
mumumugu: Why IS G E J not in d list.?
GEJ is on boko haram, hell rufai and Buhari's lists. He is also nairalanders' list as best president.
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Chrisjane(f): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
kachy: Best kiss in a Nigerian movie: Uti Nwachukwu and Tonto Dikeh for Broken Silence

Come I thought this guy no dey do chicks. Anyway he must have been practising how to kiss with guy men. Feel like throwing up......
wetin d guy dey do if im no dey do chicks? Yan me abeg
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by buoye1(m): 12:35am On Nov 17, 2012
D nomimation r jx real...i Watched d film AYEKOOTO recently,....Hmm i cnt stop thnkin abt it 4 good 5days....its a perfect Job...oh myGod...full of suspence frm d beginning to d end.....Gbosa to d crew.
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Alishachris: 3:51am On Nov 17, 2012
"FREE Report Shows You How You Can Achieve 5 Times More At No Cost"

Become a better You Today! Enjoy all the good things that life has to offer.

Also get Free 1999 Nigerian Constitution (2004 reviewed). Refuse to be intimidated!

Click the links below to download:

http://www.4shared.com/office/R2yYe7Of/BETTER_YOU.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/dv-OBGwB/constitution_FRN_third_altecat.html
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by Oliveglory: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2012
does dis change d fact dat GEJ wnts 2 remove subsidy? may i hear word abeg....tonto ko best kiss ni
Re: Best Of Nollywood Awards 2012 Winners List by nickalams: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2012
D organizers of dis Award re foools n full of empty brains pls tell nonso diobu 2 jump. Inside lagoon wht re baseless Award

(1) (Reply)

Guinness Record Holder Woman With The Smallest Waist / Photos:Nigerian Wrestler Makes History,Breaks Into WWE In USA / Who Can Remember This Ibo Man ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.