Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

The Naked Festival Of Japan - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Naked Festival Of Japan (2051 Views)

Couple Marry Naked In New Zealand / The Festival Of Life Holds On April 19 ,2013 At The Excel Center, London / Edo State Festival Of Arts And Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Naked Festival Of Japan by floggins: 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
Japanese revelers strip down to wish for good health in the new year. The celebration also marks coming-of-age for the region's young adults.

Some of the 9,000 men who took part in this year's Hadaka Matsuri at the Saidaiji Temple in Okayama, Japan, get ready for the festivities.
It's called the "naked festival," but in reality no one actually gets completely naked. They wear these sumo-style loinclothes -- aka diapers -- as they fight for lucky sticks tossed into the crowd of man-flesh by the temple priests.

The men who get the sticks get lucky. I mean, they get to be called the "lucky men."

They don't actually get lucky, as far as I know... but maybe they do.

What I'm trying to say is, that's not necessarily a part of the festival itself.

And it all happens in the middle of the night, according to the Japan Event Calendar.

SEE THERE YARSH..LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Naked Festival Of Japan by floggins: 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
continuation

(1) (Reply)

Dionne Warwick & 2face Idibia Perform At Billionaire Igho Sanomi’s In Dubai / Groom & Groomsmen Wears - Free Delivery within Lagos state / Call Us Now For Our Catering Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.