Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? (3246 Views)

Ladies If You Saw A Co Worker Or Stranger With His Fly Open,will You Tell Him? / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law / Guys, If U Discovered One Of Ur Kids Is Illegitimate, Wud U Forgive Ur Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 12:16am On Dec 04, 2012
For all the Bachelors n also the hooked up men in NL. Which would you prefer a "FULL TIME HOUSE WIFE whose only occupation is taking care of the kids or A CAREER CONSCIOUSLY FOCUS woman?.....
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 6:22am On Dec 04, 2012
Looking at d question and d body of d thread, it seems you are confused, so which one? are u directing d question to d men or to d women?
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by maclatunji: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2012
I don't mind her working but I do mind her taking a job that gives her little or no room for the family. I guess a profession like teaching, work in the Civil Service can pass this test. I can also tolerate jobs in the Medical and Health field- even God honours those who help to save lives.

All these corporate "high flying" jobs put married women in untenable positions and I don't fancy them for my future wife.

I want to grow a personal business empire too, She can help manage that with flexible working hours if she doesn't mind or run her business separately.

Ultimately, we will have to negotiate and reach an understanding.
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 04, 2012
Great thread. Following.

1 Like

Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2012
greatgod2012: Looking at d question and d body of d thread, it seems you are confused, so which one? are u directing d question to d men or to d women?

What's confusing there?... Except maybe U ve difficulties assimilating.... Its meant for MEN bt notwithstanding, women can also contribute.....
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2012
maclatunji: I don't mind her working but I do mind her taking a job that gives her little or no room for the family. I guess a profession like teaching, work in the Civil Service can pass this test. I can also tolerate jobs in the Medical and Health field- even God honours those who help to save lives.

All these corporate "high flying" jobs put married women in untenable positions and I don't fancy them for my future wife.

I want to grow a personal business empire too, She can help manage that with flexible working hours if she doesn't mind or run her business separately.

Ultimately, we will have to negotiate and reach an understanding.

Well said... Thumbs up!
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2012
abeg, mi o ba tija wa o, u urself, look at d title as well as d body of d thread and see for yourself. Anyway, at post, taking care of d children is very tasking, many men would have loved their wives to stay at home, taking care of d children, but d economy of our country will not allow that, moreso, in this age of gender equality, many women will not want to be regarded as "bukata" and also considering so many things to use money for, hence, the need for women to work, but i will not buy d idea of doing d type of work that d women will not have time for d children, so, maybe, trading, or civil service will be okay. Hope, i have answered your question now.[quote author=phineboy1pimple]

What's confusing there?... Except maybe U ve difficulties assimilating.... Its meant for MEN bt notwithstanding, women can also contribute.....[/quote
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2012
greatgod2012: abeg, mi o ba tija wa o, u urself, look at d title as well as d body of d thread and see for yourself. Anyway, at post, taking care of d children is very tasking, many men would have loved their wives to stay at home, taking care of d children, but d economy of our country will not allow that, moreso, in this age of gender equality, many women will not want to be regarded as "bukata" and also considering so many things to use money for, hence, the need for women to work, but i will not buy d idea of doing d type of work that d women will not have time for d children, so, maybe, trading, or civil service will be okay. Hope, i have answered your question now.

Better... Y Civil service though?... Does that mean Civil Servants ve enuf time than their private counterparts or that civil servants are not career conscious?...
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by greatgod2012(f): 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Better... Y Civil service though?... Does that mean Civil Servants ve enuf time than their private counterparts or that civil servants are not career conscious?...

the fact is that, most of d time, d civil servants close from work earlier than their counterparts in d private sector.
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2012
greatgod2012:

the fact is that, most of d time, d civil servants close from work earlier than their counterparts in d private sector.

Ok! Doesn't mean that they r not Career conscious n that dey also can devote as much attention to their career as their counterparts in d private sector rite?...
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 05, 2012
Men dis days dnt rily want dia women 2 bcome a liability nd also dnt wnt dem 2b career conscious.... Which 1 we go come be na??
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Men dis days dnt rily want dia women 2 bcome a liability nd also dnt wnt dem 2b career conscious.... Which 1 we go come be na?? But personally o, i wld luv 2b a Lecturer,jst love d job cos its gives a woman tym 2 take care of her home compared 2 many oda professions nd i'll derive satisfactn cos i luv teaching.

1 Like

Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Omo Daddy354: Men dis days dnt rily want dia women 2 bcome a liability nd also dnt wnt dem 2b career conscious.... Which 1 we go come be na??

Simple... Don't U tink doing somtin that gives U ample time 4 yur family n also making money is d best compared to growing career wise n making loads of money?....
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by addictiv(m): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
c,mon who wants a full time house wife in this century. intact before i get married to any woman it is of utter most importance to me that she is working...her independence is a vital factor to me. being career conscious is not bad as long as you can balance your roles as a career woman with your roles as a wife and and a mother. and not letting myself or our kids suffer just because you are working. that's the mistake many women make today, guys are not beasts i believe that if a man sees the conscious efforts his woman is making to sustain the family and play her roles at the same time, he would appreciate and even help out without her asking...i admire career women that know how to balance their roles
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
addictiv: c,mon who wants a full time house wife in this century. intact before i get married to any woman it is of utter most importance to me that she is working...her independence is a vital factor to me. being career conscious is not bad as long as you can balance your roles as a career woman with your roles as a wife and and a mother. and not letting myself or our kids suffer just because you are working. that's the mistake many women make today, guys are not beasts i believe that if a man sees the conscious efforts his woman is making to sustain the family and play her roles at the same time, he would appreciate and even help out without her asking...i admire career women that know how to balance their roles

What if she can't balance both?... What would hapen then?...
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by phineboy1pimple(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
chaircover: It shouldn't be a one sided decision and the couple needs to both reach an amicable agreement as regards their careers or lack of.

Its all well and good saying you want your wife not to do certain jobs or stay at home as a full time housewife, but if she is trained for a particular type of job that doesn't fall into the husbands remit but that is where her strengths & passion lies, then it will be very selfish of the man to kill those dreams.

What is the point coming home to a miserable, irritable and frustrated wife each evening? besides the whole aim of keeping her at home will be lost anyway.

anyway these are things that should be thrashed out long before the couple decide to get married.

That's Y d question was particularly meant for the "would be"....

Now, would U leave a woman U love so much cuz she refuses to adjust to the preconditions?...
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by CHoccolaTE: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is baffling to me how women that are not physically as strong as men are the ones who have to 'balance' house work and taking care of children and running their careers. What roles are men supposed to play apart from joining their wives in breadwinning?
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is sad that there are still those out there who think it is there place to control or say what field their women can or cannot be involved in. . . really sad. But it just goes to show that humans, especially Africans, have a long ways to go.

A woman, like a man, has dreams, likes, desires, wants, etc. There are women out there who are passionate about goals, ideas, you cannot for one second imagine yourself being involved in/with. If your future wife's career is paramount in your making a decision on her, then godspeed. There are however men out there who are choosing more and more to honor their woman's desire, needs, wants, and I hope more and more that more and more of the male species realizes that the world does not revolve around them.

I have a colleague who happens to be one of such men. His wife is a high corporate executive and he happens to be a computer programmer. This man works from home and takes case of the kids. He wakes up to take the kids to school, do the cooking and take care of them after school. His wife comes home in the evening(typical 9 to 5'er) and takes care of whatever is left. This couple of the example I wish for the new generation. They don't have 100% of the details ironed out and they still sit to decide who gets to do what when, but I believe this is where the world should be moving . . . away from the mentality that it is a man's world and the woman is meant for the back seat/born to sit in the back.
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by CHoccolaTE: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
chaircover:

LOL I had this conversation with a male colleague yesterday morning and you know what we both came up with . . . that women though physically weaker than men, are mentally stronger than men and the mind can push your body to do amazing things grin . . .

why are men considered the heads of the family when women are mentally stronger than them?
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by CHoccolaTE: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
@kobojunkie,
It is quite sad really. The truth is, when the husband cooperates with his wife in doing house work and taking care of children, there will not be any need for the wife to kill her dreams and desires and just stay at home doing house work. The keyword is cooperation. Man cooperate with woman and woman cooperate with man, both work together and assist each other, the woman joins the man in earning money and the man joins the woman in doing house work and taking care of the children. I don't see any reason why the men would not want to assist with taking care of their children, afterall they are his children, they bear his name.
I really fear the way Nigerian men have absolutely no qualms in trying to decide what path their wives take in life. For heaven's sake women are also human beings. It is somebody's dreams you are killing when you decide that they should do what YOU want and dispose of their own ambitions.
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by slimchi2k2(m): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
depend,but i will like my wife to manage my things or open shop for her,but not to work under somebody or government
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by safeLove(f): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
slimchi2k2: depend,but i will like my wife to manage my things or open shop for her,but not to work under somebody or government

Instead of giving your wife the opportunity to develop herself mentally and intelectually,you prefare to open a "shop" for her where she will sit and gossip everyday with fellow idle "shop" owners.. Kai!!
Well,different strokes..
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
safeLove:

Instead of giving your wife the opportunity to develop herself mentally and intelectually,you prefare to open a "shop" for her where she will sit and gossip everyday with fellow idle "shop" owners.. Kai!!
Well,different strokes..

I am sitting here pitying the woman that will marry such a man. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Lasinoh: 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
Breadwinner! cool
The man can babysit andd cook Abeggggggi!!!! kiss
This is AMERICA!!!!! cool
Not AFRRRICA for emotionally-economically SLAVING MGBEKE-I-WANNO-MARRY-BY-FORCE-COLLEGE-DROP-OUT-EVER-LACTATING-CHOP-YOUR-MONEY-INDIGENT-UGLY-ROTUND-SAGGY-HOUSEWIVES!!! kiss

I gat berra TINS to do than wake up every morning to kissing your bush-country-African-chauvinistic-rancid azzzze! kiss

PLEASE, RECALCULATE AND TAKE AN EMOTIONAL DETOUR TO SEEK YOUR GOSPEL LEVEL!

Thank you! cool
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by maclatunji: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
[CHocolaTE:
]@kobojunkie,
It is quite sad really. The truth is, when the husband cooperates with his wife in doing house work and taking care of children, there will not be any need for the wife to kill her dreams and desires and just stay at home doing house work. The keyword is cooperation. Man cooperate with woman and woman cooperate with man, both work together and assist each other, the woman joins the man in earning money and the man joins the woman in doing house work and taking care of the children. I don't see any reason why the men would not want to assist with taking care of their children, afterall they are his children, they bear his name.
I really fear the way Nigerian men have absolutely no qualms in trying to decide what path their wives take in life. For heaven's sake women are also human beings. It is somebody's dreams you are killing when you decide that they should do what YOU want and dispose of their own ambitions.

You want to take us way back to the basic argument of roles of men and women in society. Things work better with the man being the provider and the wife being the Home Manager, that some people do the reverse with some degree of success doesn't make it the ideal. It is not enough to say things happen, you should critically examine their overall effects.

For me, a wife's primary dream is to make her family members excel, any other dream should ideally be subservient to this. There are a few exceptions, like I said earlier healthcare workers help to save lives, your family and the society benefit greatly thereby. This is different from say a banker who abandons her kids because she wants to own a house in Lekki and drive a Range Rover Sport. Her family and society suffers- there is a need for balance in life.
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
I want ONLY a career minded woman

God forbid me end up with a housewife? ALABODO (Feed and phuckk) tufiakwa

So what would she teach our daughters? That their pussssy is the lifetime meal ticket? God forbid

1 Like

Re: Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife? by baby124: 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
dayokanu: I want ONLY a career minded woman

God forbid me end up with a housewife? ALABODO (Feed and phuckk) tufiakwa

So what would she teach our daughters? That their pussssy is the lifetime meal ticket? God forbid

Na wa oooo. When you have kids nko? grin grin grin cheesy. She will turn to Alabodo for some months whether you like it or not. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Wedding Of 450 Pre-teenage Girls / †* / Serious Issue: What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.