Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) (22541 Views)

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / The Journey With My Peugeot 605 V6 On Abuja - Enugu Highway On 30/12/2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by 5columnist: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ikenna351:
DAY 3 (Still on my way to Enugu town on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway)

After Amansea Junction, i spotted a broken down vehicle, with an aged/old woman standing helplessly with the supposed driver of the vehicle, close to a police check point. He waved me down.Well, it was around check point, so it was safe to stop. Besides, i cant leave that elderly woman, old enough to be my grandma, helplessly there, since night was fast closing on them. Time for Charity!

I asked the man what was the issue with the car. He said he didnt know. All he knew was that the vehicle just stopped moving, even though the engine was still running. Well, I entered the faulty car (Nissan Bluebird, manual trans). I started the car and the engine was running fine. But when i tried to move, there was the culprit: Slippery clutch. I asked the man how come he drove the car with a failing clutch plate on a highway/for a long journey, knowing fully well it must have been given him signs for ages before that day? He said he just bought the car few days before that day and that he didnt know much about cars and signs of failing components. Well, "the way out?", he asked. I simply told him the car couldnt be fixed that day, at that hour, since the engine will have to be separated from the transmission to replace the failed clutch plate, if not pulled off the engine. So, he asked that i drop off his mother and his son at Umuoba Ndiuno Juction, along that expressway road, since i was travelling to Enugu. Of course, i happily let the old woman and his grandson in my car. He said he would find people to help push the car to a nearby fuel station, and would take a public transport. He offerd me money for helping and of course, i refused to touch it. After all, the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible is not only meant for the Samaritans. Lol!

Well, they transfered all their luggage to my car boot and I drove off with the grandma and his grandson. Got to their location, stopped and they got out. Though it took sometime for the woman to gradually climb out, with help from the grandson, which you can see in the attached pic, which i took where i dropped them and their luggage in the boot. So, i continued on my journey to Enugu town.

While i was driving, after dropping them off, i then realised the reason why i had that radiator fan issue. God used that issue to delay me before i could get to that spot where i met them. If i havenot had that fans issue, i would have driven past that spot before there vehcile got spoilt. He delayed me to help people in need. Sometimes, when we experience vehicle breakdown on journeys, we just start blaming God, without knowning why He let such disappointments befall us.

Ikenna.

Bro you got tears flowing off my eyes. At least we still have good NIgerians out there. Contented and helpful. May almighty God prosper you and bless the works of your hands to continue his good works on earth. My his love for humanity never depart you. Kay your humility in success serve as a source of mentorship to generation next. You are a great guy. If only those in position of power can provide basic needs of everyday NIgerians, we can explore the little life has to provide. God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
cheesy smiley beleive me i just fell in love with you after seeing this. Thanks you just completed my day. :*

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Your V6s are amazing. Thanks
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by madamebebe(f): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
grin say the truth op! What is this post for cheesy wink don't worry ugomma will come your way soon.

I'm joking kiss
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by 5columnist: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ikenna351:
DAY 3 (Still on my way to Enugu town on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway)

After Amansea Junction, i spotted a broken down vehicle, with an aged/old woman standing helplessly with the supposed driver of the vehicle, close to a police check point. He waved me down.Well, it was around check point, so it was safe to stop. Besides, i cant leave that elderly woman, old enough to be my grandma, helplessly there, since night was fast closing on them. Time for Charity!

I asked the man what was the issue with the car. He said he didnt know. All he knew was that the vehicle just stopped moving, even though the engine was still running. Well, I entered the faulty car (Nissan Bluebird, manual trans). I started the car and the engine was running fine. But when i tried to move, there was the culprit: Slippery clutch. I asked the man how come he drove the car with a failing clutch plate on a highway/for a long journey, knowing fully well it must have been given him signs for ages before that day? He said he just bought the car few days before that day and that he didnt know much about cars and signs of failing components. Well, "the way out?", he asked. I simply told him the car couldnt be fixed that day, at that hour, since the engine will have to be separated from the transmission to replace the failed clutch plate, if not pulled off the engine. So, he asked that i drop off his mother and his son at Umuoba Ndiuno Juction, along that expressway road, since i was travelling to Enugu. Of course, i happily let the old woman and his grandson in my car. He said he would find people to help push the car to a nearby fuel station, and would take a public transport. He offerd me money for helping and of course, i refused to touch it. After all, the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible is not only meant for the Samaritans. Lol!

Well, they transfered all their luggage to my car boot and I drove off with the grandma and his grandson. Got to their location, stopped and they got out. Though it took sometime for the woman to gradually climb out, with help from the grandson, which you can see in the attached pic, which i took where i dropped them and their luggage in the boot. So, i continued on my journey to Enugu town.

While i was driving, after dropping them off, i then realised the reason why i had that radiator fan issue. God used that issue to delay me before i could get to that spot where i met them. If i havenot had that fans issue, i would have driven past that spot before there vehcile got spoilt. He delayed me to help people in need. Sometimes, when we experience vehicle breakdown on journeys, we just start blaming God, without knowning why He let such disappointments befall us.

Ikenna.

Bro you got tears flowing off my eyes. At least we still have good NIgerians out there. Contented and helpful. May almighty God prosper you and bless the works of your hands to continue his good works on earth. My his love for humanity never depart you. Kay your humility in success serve as a source of mentorship to generation next. You are a great guy. If only those in position of power can provide basic needs for everyday Nigerian, we can explore the little life has to provide. God bless you bro. You are a great guy. If only those in position of power can provide basic needs for everyday Nigerian, we can explore the little life has to provide. God bless you bro.

5 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by kaypaw: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
Front page ?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by friedrice1: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
Brother, you need to learn from spyder90 a fellow nairalander
what photo journalism is about. You spent the whole day traveling from Abuja to Enugu
and you have only 4 very uninteresting pictures to show for it. who's interested in seeing your 1993 Peugeot 605?

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by sauceEEP(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
fried-rice:
what photo journalism is about. You spent the whole day traveling from Abuja to Enugu
and you have only 4 very uninteresting pictures to show for it. who's interested in seeing your 1993 Peugeot 605?
grin
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nickydrake(m): 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2012
A very interesting thread, Ikenna. I especially liked the story of the stranded trio. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2012
The guy is proud of his car and I like it

4 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
fried-rice:

Free the guy, go get us your own pictures

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by agohavivi(f): 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
U seem to know a lot bout cars if not your trip wouldn't have been so interesting. I remember once when my fan belt cut I didn't know what the problem was just that the check engine sign appeared on my and the steering got very stiff. I'm impressed by your ability to fix your car yourself.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Rooneyboy(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
freecocoa: OP I love that your eyeglass and shoe.

Please what's the name of the shoe? I want to buy it for my father in-law
undecided.

Nice pishures btw.

bad mouthed pikin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Rooneyboy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
emilyone: Ajala travel! grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Rooneyboy(m): 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
fried-rice:

oh boi shut up ur dirty mouth.

U go and do ur own photo journalism na if u think its that easy.

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by CrazyMan(m): 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dondav: I thought you were robbed!
You just snap forest full everywhere... Na wa o!
Why not take your time to read a thread properly before hitting the reply button...those pictures are part of his land he went to inspect.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by nwa4me(f): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ mr Ikenna after all dis wat is ur point now cos i don't really understand ur point at all
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by jeezybuck: 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
NOW HAVE FINALLY MET YOU. I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT YOU GUYS LOOKED LIKE. NICE SEEING YOU
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by emiye(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
@OP, you have passed a greater message from your road trip than all the other road trip threads i have seen on this site.

God will make you his divine treasure.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by CrazyMan(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
fried-rice:
Did the op say he's a photo journalist...I can see jealousy oozing out from you post.

That poverty has eaten up your miserable life shouldn't give you the right to vent out your frustration on someone who's having fun.

This is a public forum, and everyone has a right to post whatever he wishes provided it doesn't go contrary to the rules of the forum.

4 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by hollypagan: 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
Na wao hunger dey dis guy for body see as him stomach flat with his chop stick shoe wey dey shine like mirrow poster i hall u
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Etumgbe: if to say u carry machine(solid car) u for no get time for all these pictures and stories.

Since you're not an automobile enthusiast, you won't understand. And the title was quite clear - New Post (Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km). The title wasn't misleading, so I'm not sure what you were expecting to see.

Not everyone wants to own a mainstream Japmobile.

3 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
nice one! more of this please....
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
Etumgbe: if to say u carry machine(solid car) u for no get time for all these pictures and stories.
Rome was not built in a day!!! He will get there. You siddon dey wait for solid car to fall from heaven.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
fried-rice:

Obviously you are, otherwise why are you here?

It's sad. In the West, no one cares what automobile you run, and attach no importance to them. It's only the likes of you that judge folk by the cars they drive. This is meant to be a fun thread - educative, entertaining with a twist. Helping a fellow citizen in times of need. But of course, you failed to grasp the very essence of this thread. Because your thought process doesn't extend that far. Talk about "narrowband!"

14 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ada Nri1:
Rome was not built in a day!!! He will get there. You siddon dey wait for solid car to fall from heaven.
Don't mind the olodo...I have a friend who just brought a V6 Vento(cos of its power)....despite having one of those new Japanese toys...

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Indeed, igbos are doing very well!

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Jalal(m): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by advocate666: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ikenna351: DAY 3 (Still on my way to Enugu town on Enugu-Onitsha Expressway)

Ikenna.

This your god loves poverty.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by kutchs: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
well I dont think the point of the thread is his car but the fun/excitement/events on his road trip.
Hope you can give us a pix of ur own car (i repeat ur own car).

2 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by friedrice1: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
Siena:

Obviously you are, otherwise why are you here?

It's sad. In the West, no one cares what automobile you run, and attach no importance to them. It's only the likes of you that judge folk by the cars they drive. This is meant to be a fun thread - educative, entertaining with a twist. Helping a fellow citizen in times of need. But of course, you failed to grasp the very essence of this thread. Because your thought process doesn't extend that far. Talk about "narrowband!"

why must you you lay emphasis on the 605? trying to play goody goody.
You dont always need to read an extra meaning to simple statements.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by friedrice1: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
Did the op say he's a photo journalist...I can see jealousy oozing out from you post.

That poverty has eaten up your miserable life shouldn't give you the right to vent out your frustration on someone who's having fun.

This is a public forum, and everyone has a right to post whatever he wishes provided it doesn't go contrary to the rules of the forum.
Jealous of what? the thread? your name tells who you are, maybe the word f00l should be substituted for the Man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / A Thread On Car Tracking / Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.