Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany (5023 Views)

Osun To Distribute 150,000 Laptops To Students Free / Part Time Form Of Osun State Polytechnic Iree / Any Uk Or Usa University That Can Admit Hnd Graduates To A Direct Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by babapupa: 3:42am On Dec 21, 2012

State of Osun to send 50 graduates to Germany

Nigeria’s state of Osun has concluded plans to send no fewer than 50 members of the state’s Youth Empowerment Scheme (OYES), who are graduates, on a trip to Germany where they will be trained in mechanised farming for 18 months.

The Coordinator of the scheme in the state in Western Nigeria, Mr Eniibukun Oyewole, disclosed this on Thursday in Osogbo.

Oyewole said the gesture was aimed at giving adequate and qualitative training to the youths to enable them to practise mechanised farming.

“The beneficiaries will be able to train other youths when they return and put into practice farming skills that will boost food production in the state and the country at large,’’ he stated.

He further said that the overseas training was to motivate and encourage youths in the practice of agriculture that had become unpopular.

On the selection of the participants, Oyewole stated that only degree and HND holders in agriculture-related courses were selected for the training.

He said the state government in the last two years had sponsored some youths in batches to Cuba and India for overseas training in different vocations.

“The present administration in the state is working toward empowering every youth in all the nook and crannies of the state so that the society will be free of social vices associated with unemploymen,’’ he said.

Oyewole said preparations for the take off of the beneficiaries to Germany had been concluded while the training would commence in early 2013

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/20/state-of-osun-to-send-50-graduates-to-germany/print/
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by babapupa: 3:45am On Dec 21, 2012
Osun A da ra o

1 Like

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by floriana(m): 4:55am On Dec 21, 2012
Impressive
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by MajeOfficial: 5:44am On Dec 21, 2012
very nice program!
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by coalcoal1(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2012
I can guess who the beneficiaries will be.

The relatives of those in power

2 Likes

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by savcy(m): 7:50am On Dec 21, 2012
The Title should have read:

''Osun to send the relatives and acquaintances of its Public Officers. . . .''

The people deserving of these schemes end up never going anywhere! RIVERSTATE is a typical example. #Pathetic#
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by tayoTFC(m): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2012
@ coast -- and so the relative in power are not osun citizen or Nigerian?
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by dridowu: 7:52am On Dec 21, 2012
coal_coal: I can guess who the beneficiaries will be.

who do u think b4, i doubt if opposition can benefit in Nigeria goverment,
@topic, 9ce move but hope dos dat benefit will come bak to 9ja
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by anonimi: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2012
Is this the best way to spend Osun tax payers money
Would it not have been more productive to set up one or two training centres in Osun state with the money to train thousands of youth
Is Germany the best place for Osun people to learn mechanised farming
Are there no mechanised farming training centres in Nigeria or other African countries
Is this how to build on the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo legacy on rural agricultural transformation over 60 years ago

[size=14pt]Colo-mentality !!![/size]

1 Like

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by optionb2(m): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2012
coal_coal: I can guess who the beneficiaries will be.

can you tell me who they are u people never appreciates a good deed. undecided undecided

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Adebasy: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
MIND YOUR SPEECH A GRADUATE PERSON WHO HAS APERSON IN POWER CAN HE ENGAGE IN TEN THOUSAND NAIRA AS A SALARY EARNER

2 Likes

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by beylinko(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2012
anonimi: Is this the best way to spend Osun tax payers money
Would it not have been more productive to set up one or two training centres in Osun state with the money to train thousands of youth
Are there no mechanised farming training centres in Nigeria or other African countries
Is this how to build on the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo legacy on rural agricultural transformation over 60 years ago

what d hell are u talking abt. Read wat u jst typed,training in nigeria? Who wil train who, ARMTI or d local cassava plant at d back of ur house? Moreover,u want dem 2 go to other african countries who are battlin wit food insecurity.
4 ur info,germany is 1 of d best place 2 go 4 such trainin. D question u sud be askin is hope adequate prep is on ground nt to make it anoda waste of taxpayer's money.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by yoged(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2012
beylinko:
what d hell are u talking abt. Read wat u jst typed,training in nigeria? Who wil train who, ARMTI or d local cassava plant at d back of ur house? Moreover,u want dem 2 go to other african countries who are battlin wit food insecurity.
4 ur info,germany is 1 of d best place 2 go 4 such trainin. D question u sud be askin is hope adequate prep is on ground nt to make it anoda waste of taxpayer's money.
. Well said bro. You took the words out of my mouth.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by tessyade: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2012
If this training will achieve the desired result then it's a welcome development.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by JimmyBoy1: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2012
While I belive 90% of the beneficiaries most be relatives and cronies of those in power, I believe the knowledge acquired will still do a lot of good for the state, provided it is properly harnessed.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Hardeydamola(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
anonimi: Is this the best way to spend Osun tax payers money

do yhu think Centres lyk these can be built from the meagre allocation osun receives?
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by veraponpo(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2012
This is one of the few things I have always expected our leaders to do. whoever is chosen is none of my concern so far the aim is achieved.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2012
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2012
Hardeydamola:
do yhu think Centres lyk these can be built from the meagre allocation osun receives?
do you know how much it cost to accommodate, cloth, feed and train a candidate in Western Europe for 18months?

Jimmy Boy: While I belive 90% of the beneficiaries most be relatives and cronies of those in power, I believe the knowledge acquired will still do a lot of good for the state, provided it is properly harnessed.
I think they should be trained in Africa or Asia. In Europe, a visit to big stores would reveal that most of their food products(excluding dairies) are sourced from farms in Africa & Asia.
Wetin dem wan go learn for Germany, how to drive tractors? as Germany does not have a cassava or yam field. It's a temperate region.

1 Like

Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by anonimi: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2012
saxywale:
do you know how much it cost to accommodate, cloth, feed and train a candidate in Western Europe for 18months?

I think they should be trained in Africa or Asia. In Europe, a visit to big stores would reveal that most of their food products(excluding dairies) are sourced from farms in Africa & Asia.
Wetin dem wan go learn for Germany, [size=14pt]how to drive tractors? as Germany does not have a cassava or yam field.[/size] It's a temperate region.

Thanks a lot for educating our folks here.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by beasley22: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2012
I seek for investment opportunities outside my country uk, I wonder if you one can help. +447871736408
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by beylinko(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2012
saxywale:

Wetin dem wan go learn for Germany, how to drive tractors? as Germany does not have a cassava or yam field. It's a temperate region.
did u read abt d part dat talked abt agricultural mechanizations?
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by beylinko(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2012
anonimi:

Thanks a lot for educating our folks here.
don't follow a 1 eyed man into d ditch. Wat is d trainin 4? 2 know abt mechanized farming
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Aphrygian(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2012
beylinko:
did u read abt d part dat talked abt agricultural mechanizations?
so if they are a typical temprate region they cant plant tropical crop abi?it was like a joke wen one of my lecturers that studied in that same germany told us about a green house as big as a town.i did my self a good and i google it out to my awe i say diff dimesions of green house.if u dont no wat green houses are pls google it out.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Aphrygian(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2012
@anonimi pls the guy is just showing his mediocrity agriculture is divided into production and processing.so u fink its only cassava flour that can be taken out of our cassava,have u heard abt eye drops made from egg albumen e.t.c.A guy that does not no dat any country can grow any crop that there climate dos not support due to the help of a green house.in my school we planted water melon in a green house,even this western apple that people think can not be planted here.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by anonimi: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2012
Aphrygian: @anonimi pls the guy is just showing his mediocrity agriculture is divided into production and processing.so u fink its only cassava flour that can be taken out of our cassava,have u heard abt eye drops made from egg albumen e.t.c.A guy that does not no dat any country can grow any crop that there climate dos not support due to the help of a green house.in my school we planted water melon in a green house,even this western apple that people think can not be planted here.

So you did not read the OYES man say they are going to Germany to learn mechanised FARMING
That is the production of food from farms with the aid of machines NOT the processing of the output of such mechanised FARMS.
The processing is the realm of agro-allied industries. Get it
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by beylinko(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2012
Aphrygian: @anonimi pls the guy is just showing his mediocrity agriculture is divided into production and processing.so u fink its only cassava flour that can be taken out of our cassava,have u heard abt eye drops made from egg albumen e.t.c.A guy that does not no dat any country can grow any crop that there climate dos not support due to the help of a green house.in my school we planted water melon in a green house,even this western apple that people think can not be planted here.
clap 4 ursev! Who is talkin abt green house here, D article is talkin abt mechanized farmin. U dnt need 2 lecture me abt agriculture,dnt deviate frm d point at hand ok. 4 maximum production of any crop u need 2 mechanize. Take 4 instance d plantin and harvestin of maize on hectares of land. Hw wil u acheive max productin, wastage reductn, time n energy wastage witot mechanization. Tel me,is it d hoe or cultlas dat u wil use? Wat a combine harvester wil do on an hectare of land in a day, 20 men wil dare nt do it in a week. So quit readin ur books upside down APHPYGIAN
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Aphrygian(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
beylinko:
clap 4 ursev! Who is talkin abt green house here, D article is talkin abt mechanized farmin. U dnt need 2 lecture me abt agriculture,dnt deviate frm d point at hand ok. 4 maximum production of any crop u need 2 mechanize. Take 4 instance d plantin and harvestin of maize on hectares of land. Hw wil u acheive max productin, wastage reductn, time n energy wastage witot mechanization. Tel me,is it d hoe or cultlas dat u wil use? Wat a combine harvester wil do on an hectare of land in a day, 20 men wil dare nt do it in a week. So quit readin ur books upside down APHPYGIAN
once more proving ur mediocrity,wenever u guys hear abt MECHANISED FARMING wat normaly strike u guys is only the use of tractor.so u want to tel me u wil use a knapsack sprayer to spray a 30hectares of land.genetic engineering is part of farm mechanisation,animal and plant biotechnology is mechanisd type of farming even invitro culture to mention a few.which of ur universities here in Africa does such.ehn?waiting for ur counter reply
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by Aphrygian(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
anonimi:

So you did not read the OYES man say they are going to Germany to learn mechanised FARMING
That is the production of food from farms with the aid of machines NOT the processing of the output of such mechanised FARMS.
The processing is the realm of agro-allied industries. Get it
my frnd park well.so if you want to learn abt current technology u will go to ghana.ehn?.
Re: State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany by anonimi: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Aphrygian: my frnd park well.so if you want to learn abt current technology u will go to ghana.ehn?.

Have you heard about Kenya, Cote d'Ivoire, Zimbabwe, South Africa with their massive agricultural sector that is one of the main forex earners

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is This Neco 2011/2012 Result Coming Out.i Want To Know / Agony Of Students In Madonna University / Unilorin Most Likely Post Utme Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.