Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos (17186 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun (the Baby Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by bunmioguns(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
knorkle2: Happy birthday smiley

to me

but today is nt my birthday now undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by tessyade: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hmmmm..... There's no IMPOSSIBILITY in the dictionary of our God. The bible says: "if some fail to believe, shall their unbelief make the work of God without effect? (Romans 3:3)."
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by mu2sa2: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
debrief08: NTA made a report and followed up on it, it was not a wash wash news, it was a story of interest and they reported and when the story got K leg they also reprted, when police netered the matter they also reported.
Any Nigerian who watched News line in the 90s will confirm the whole drama, that is how Abike got so popular, Baby Mary's Story.

I ask you honestly, didn't you notice holes in this story? Or the miracle part just overwhelmed you totally?
What Doctor will allow a 59 year old woman have a vag-inal birth? Why isn't there a Doctors report in this sory seeing how not so common it is, isn't a Doctors story of how he maanaged her case necessary? Not a single hospital was mentioned in the testimony, it didn't strike you as strange?

My people sha
You are 100% correct. Familiar story line.Steal a baby and announce a miracle birth. This is not not the first time it is happening. Let police wade in quick and expose the hoax. It is only in naija that this kind of "miracle" keep occurring. Some folks must lie to advertise their sect and try to hoodwink the gullible by "with God nothing is impossible".

1 Like

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
greatgod2012: Awesomeness of God!
Who says God never perfom wonders as of old, if we serve him genuinely, he will bless us genuinely.
Thank God for this family.

bunmioguns: This is the Lord's doing . . . .it's marvellous in our eye

halleluyah somebody

chineil: Miracles happen, God does wonders.
I know of a couple who have been married for over 20yrs. Pastors FYI and have no child. They went and adopted the first child last 2years and published their stories on the pages of newspapers claiming this kind of miracle. Last year adopted the second one too. Adoption is not bad but saying these kids are their biological kids is not right. Some couples who read their stories will look up to them and be having high hopes. Abi dem neva loose hope wey make dem go adopt? And deceiving those that they are flocking that its a miracle.

tessyade: Hmmmm..... There's no IMPOSSIBILITY in the dictionary of our God. The bible says: "if some fail to believe, shall their unbelief make the work of God without effect? (Romans 3:3)."

..Wtf LoL
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Skmoda360(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: What a miracle!
What a wonderful God.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
All these God References are Scary.

Twilight Zone Episode
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by pheesayor(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
AMEN!!!
jidegirl12: People will say its impossible!

Lord Almighty.... I use this miracle as a point of contact to bless all those women on TTC thread and even others looking unto you for the fruit of the womb.. IJN (amen)
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
debrief08: NTA made a report and followed up on it, it was not a wash wash news, it was a story of interest and they reported and when the story got K leg they also reprted, when police netered the matter they also reported.
Any Nigerian who watched News line in the 90s will confirm the whole drama, that is how Abike got so popular, Baby Mary's Story.

I ask you honestly, didn't you notice holes in this story? Or the miracle part just overwhelmed you totally?
What Doctor will allow a 59 year old woman have a vag-inal birth? Why isn't there a Doctors report in this sory seeing how not so common it is, isn't a Doctors story of how he maanaged her case necessary? Not a single hospital was mentioned in the testimony, it didn't strike you as strange?

My people sha

I hear you Debrief bout the NTA and the Kleg you noticed in this story.

However I honestly believe anything is possible, a relative of mine had a child at 52 via ivf/c-section so I don't know why this story is impossible to you , experience is the best teacher Debrief, I've seen a lot and heard a lot , why should I doubt them?

I truly believe there's a miracle, and what'd you mean 'doctor's allow' if she's capable of it with epidural why not? I truly believe in miracles.

As per that story on NTA , the medical team was indeed 2 male doctors I saw 'confirmed' on tv so maybe we are talking about different story here, this woman in question seemed like an educated elite with good spoken English.

@ Blendy77......I hear you ..... and I will indeed call that hospital as soon as Xmas is over.... I looove investigation, thank you and merry Christmas grin
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by dhanmccoy: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
Interesting arguments going on here. To be honest tho, miracle or not, I wouldn't like to be the child born to that woman. A situation where I'm a 20 year old lad with my mum in her 80's. Naaaah!
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by thorpido(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
debrief08: As soon as I opened this thread I knew I will see what Pastor said yet no interview from Doctors who receieved such a rare medical feat.
Nigerians, what hospital did she give birth in? Why didn't they interview the Doctor who received such aa rare case? The Doctor would have been on her case as this is an extra special delivery.
She would have been closely observed and managed and entered into the medical Journal but as usual the Hospital name is clearly missing from the story and Doctors report and interview none existant, yet we will shout halleluyah until a mother comes to claim her baby and we see a "Mary" case repeat.
I believe in miracles oh, but let us ask the right questions, let these miracles be verifiable.
I for one am interested in hearing her Doctors veiws, no Doctor will get a 59 year old positive pregnancy test and not annouce this to the world as a special case.
Till I read from a certified Doctor and not a trado medical lungu Doctor I reserve my commentsm
I can understand your scepticism,but maybe you need to do your own personal research.I'm a paramedic and I've been in a hospital environment long enough to tell u things.I've seen patients who had things happen in their lives that were contrary to medical science.How do u explain a patient who I saw her genotype confirmed as SS and sometime later in my presence she took a test and this time it was AA.My chief laboratory officer couldn't have a child for many years and had even done IVf at a time.Without doing anything she just discovered she had pains and felt sick and decided to treat herself only to run a test and was found 5mths pregnant at 48yrs.
The part about doctors verifying,u need to know that medical practice has a code of confidentiality and do not talk 2 d press except there is some legal backing.Even if u decide to interview u may not get doctors to talk.
I'm not saying there can't be lies about some cases but I'm just trying to erase your scepticism.

2 Likes

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
Aku ewu omo
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by tewoayo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
Our God is a miracle working God. Congrats Madam.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by MaAngwa: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
EdesonNews: On December 6, 2012, 59-year-old Mrs. Oloruntoyin Adeola Alabi repeated the biblical Sarah’s feat when she gave birth to a healthy baby girl five years after reaching menopause. This educationist and proprietress of Praise Children’s School, Okota, Lagos proved science wrong and reinforced the belief that with God nothing is impossible. She laughed, just like Sarah did when the prophets told her she would conceive and bear a son. In Mrs Alabi’s case, the forebear didn’t tell the exact sex of the baby as Sarah was told.

Alabi, a native of Owu Local Government Area of Ogun State, got married on December 19, 1981, to 62-year-old Pastor Samuel Olasukanmi Alabi from Ibadan Southeast Local Government Area of Oyo State. When NEWSMEN visited the couple’s residence at Okota, Lagos, Mrs Alabi whose joy as she narrated her marital journey turned into misty eyes, said the 31-year-old inter-state marriage had passed through rough times, including three miscarriages in 1982, 1983 and 1984 before the tortuous journey of childlessness.
Narrating her ordeal, she said: “I am 59 years and four months old now; I’ll be 60 years by August 2013. I got married on December 19, 1981; that is 31 years ago. It was that I had problem conceiving, because immediately we got wedded, I got pregnant but I had miscarriages. In April 1982, I had the first miscarriage, it was a girl. In 1983, I had another miscarriage, this time it was a set of twins. In 1984, I lost another pregnancy. After that, pregnancy ceased and that was the beginning of my agony.”

Extended family pressures
Though she could not conceive again after three consecutive miscarriages, she said her in-laws were understanding and co-operative, but her own immediate family members were the ones that gave her sleepless nights. She said her family members wanted her to opt out of the marriage as they felt she might not be compatible with her husband, but as a devout member of the Deeper Life Bible Church, she turned down their offer. When she refused to divorce her husband, her people said she try a herbalist, who they believed could help her get pregnant, but she held on to her faith.

She said: “I remember my maternal uncle telling me that maybe it was not the will of God that we should marry, and advised me to end the marriage. and look for where I could get pregnant and have a baby. But, as a member of the Deeper Life Bible Church, I told them whatever God has joined together, nobody should put asunder. They made several suggestions, but we turned all of them down because they were against our faith as Christians. It was in the same 1984 that they left us to our faith after they had reminded me that my husband could get married even at the age of 100 and still bear children, but as for me, I have a limited time. In 1994, exactly 10 years after their last visit, they came back again and told me that since my God had still not given me children, I should go with them to an herbalist so that I could have children, but I still rejected the idea. I told them that God would do it and even if He didn’t, there was no cause for alarm, because your children cannot take you to heaven. If you have 10 children and you die, nobody will bury you with any of them; just be good to others so that when you die without a child, there would be people to bury you. So, it was my family that worried us. As for my husband’s family, they were only praying for us. They believed the God we serve would surely answer us.”

Medical trip abroad::
According Mrs Alabi, when all efforts to get pregnant after visits to several hospitals failed and her people were still pressuring her to find solution to her problem, her husband’s younger brother, who lives in the United States of America, invited them over for further medical check.
Speaking on their trip to America, she said: “When the pressure from my people became unbearable, my husband’s younger brother who lives in America took us there for assistance. According to the young man, stress in Nigeria was responsible for our problem. He made provision for my husband and I to be together for four months doing what husband and wife do to produce children, but when nothing happened after four months, he decided to take us to hospital. We went to one of the best hospitals in California, and at the end of the day doctors said the drug I was using in Nigeria, Clomate, had damaged all the eggs in my system. I used Clomate for more than 10 years just to conceive as prescribed by my doctor in Nigeria; although my doctor prescribed it only once, but I kept using it each time I saw my menses, hoping I could achieve pregnancy with it. The American doctors said I was old and that there was no live egg in my system again. I was 46 years then.”
So, with the verdict of the American doctors, they came back to Nigeria and consigned their fate to God. However, in 2007, at the age of 52, God blessed the Alabi family with a baby girl, Ayomide, but then, the 52-year-old educationist was still menstruating.

The prophecy::
Having had Ayomide, Mrs Alabi looked forward to having more children before the cessation of her menstrual flow, but that did not happen. In 2007, two years after God blessed her with Ayomide, she reached menopause, thus signalling the end of her child-bearing age, according to scientific postulations. Although she had wished for more children, she decided to console herself with Ayomide. So, in January, when a woman prophesied that she would conceive and bear a child this year, she did not believe the woman.
Speaking about the prophecy, she said: “I am a member of Deeper Life Bible Church and every January we have a covenant prayer with our General Superintendent (GS) Pastor Kumuyi. It is a one-month programme and when I came back one day from the programme, a woman, whose children attend my school, greeted me and said God had given her a message for me. I offered her a seat and listened to the message. She said she was praying when God told her in a vision to go to ‘Mama Praise’ and tell her that He would visit her with a baby this year, 2012. I just laughed and said okay; but she said I should not laugh because it was a message from God. She started raining curses upon herself if the message was not from God, but I intervened and stopped her. She is a member of another church. Immediately, she left, I went to my pastor to narrate what the woman had told me. That was because I didn’t believe what she told me. If I believed her, I wouldn’t have gone to tell my pastor again. But my pastor said well; let’s believe because there is nothing God cannot do. I still didn’t believe. As we were praying during the second Sunday of that January programme with our GS, I went into prayer mood. I was praying with my assistant pastor who has about nine children and as the prayer went on I held on to the woman and was saying, ‘God, this month should not pass me by. Let what you have said come to pass.’

Knowledge of pregnancy::
When asked how she knew she was pregnant, she said she went to hospital when her body was aching. She didn’t go to hospital for pregnancy test because she didn’t suspect anything; she had only gone to know why she was feeling pain all over her body:
“When I began to feel pains all over my body, I went for a medical check. After examining me, they asked if I wanted to be the biblical Sarah of today; I didn’t believe what they were saying. They told me I was five months pregnant.”

Life after medical check up:
When she came back from hospital with the result, she said: “I was only eating. I stopped going to church because the distance is far and I was having pains. I was attending the church in my house. I stopped working completely. I needed adequate rest and I was eating lots of vegetables and fruits. I discovered that I consumed more food than before. So, when the pregnancy finally showed, I was filled with joy; I had the joy of the Lord, but I sent for many pastors to pray for me because I still did not believe a baby was inside me. Could it be a disease? I was confused.

“When it was time for delivery, the baby only took about 10 minutes and it was through the normal virginal delivery. Her name is Oluwatobi Ayomikun Victoria.”
On her husband’s reaction when she told him of the prophecy, Mr Alabi said: “I just said, let the will of God be done, because there is nothing God cannot do, especially with the gift of our daughter who has been a great blessing to us. It’s like she was prophesying when she said, “mummy give me a sister.” We tried to tell her to ask for a brother, but she kept saying sister and that statement touched me because I didn’t want her to be alone. She is now seven. Today, God has answered her prayer and she now has a sister. To me, our God is so good; a God that can bring life out of death. So, it’s like God is bringing life out of death and that’s what really gives me joy.”

Like Mrs Alabi, who said her Christian belief never gave her cause to fear that her husband could take a second wife, Mr Alabi also said: “There was nothing like taking a second wife because of my background. I got married in Deeper Life Bible Church. We have been taught that marriage is for life and we believe that. We understand each other.

My ordeal – Mr Alabi
Although, it is all joy today as the family of Alabi now has two lovely daughters and everybody seems to have forgotten the journey so far, Mr Alabi is not in a haste to forget what his family passed through in the last 31 years. Remembering the past and relating it with the present, he said: “I want to add that the journey was not all that easy. After series of miscarriages, the pregnancy ceased. The last miscarriage was so serious, because it was about five months old and it was an ectopic pregnancy, (a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus). She was operated on and one of the fallopian tubes was cut off. She almost died. So, she has only one fallopian tube now. Since then, we have visited several hospitals, in and outside Nigeria.”

More children wanted if…
Although, his wife no longer sees her menstrial flow and he knows very well that even the birth of Victoria was a miracle, Mr Alabi wouldn’t mind more children if it’s the will of God. “I have no option; whatever God does is my wish. Let the will of God be done.”
In the same vein, Mrs Alabi would happily welcome more children if God so wishes even as she said it is not easy to care for new born at old age. She said: “Yes, I will be happy to have more children if God allows it.”

THE END.
What a miracle !

www.facebook.com/endy.edeson
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/m-y-s-t-e-r-y-woman-59-gives-birth-after-menopause/

.........He will answer your prayers when the time comes
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by kinguwem: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
I wish to congratulate the lady for having a new baby. However, she is not telling the truth about the method of conception of the baby. Were donor eggs used for IVF? Was a surrogate mother used to carry the pregnancy? Did she have a caesarean section? Most religious nigerian women are not usually honest when discussing such issues.

1 Like

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Joebeck(f): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
God is Great, with Him Nothing is Impossible.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Theblessed(f): 1:33am On Dec 25, 2012
[size=16pt]Our God is great!

Praise him - Halelujah, Amen!
[/size]
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 25, 2012
When I first saw this article, I read it clearly. It was stated clearly that the birth was natural-no IVF. The woman had been told that she had no viable eggs by a medical doctor in the U.S. when she was 46 years old. The Author of the article Sunday Ani did a shoddy job and failed to ask pertinent questions like where baby was delivered and the name of the doctor involved. I forwarded the article to 2 of my friends who are medical doctors and they concluded from the facts on the article that the story was false. Our attempts to comment on the article was censored. Only those who bought the story hook line and sinker were allowed to comment.

I then decided to send a direct email to Sunday Ani the reporter. i informed him that my friends and I are willing to pay 2 million naira if the couple would agree to a DNA test. He responded but rather than address issues raised by me, he rained abuses on me. However, he did not deny my accusation that he and the couple were engaged in baby laundry.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 25, 2012
Below is the exchange between Mr. Ani and I

« Inbox ► Message

Re: How much we're you paid to write that fictitious story about that 59 year old lady giving birth?
Reply ▼
Delete More ▼

7:45 AM
Sunday Ani
Show details
First of all, I want to sympathize with you and your friends for your poor understanding of what journalism is all about. You can't give what you don't have. Where on earth will a wretch like you get N2million to offer for a DNA? If you and your friends are intelligent as you want to portray, you know what you would have done rather than rant like an ant. You should be ashamed of yourself for dabbling into a matter you are completely empty about. You can as well come along so I can give you some of the loot, glutton.

--- On Sun, 12/23/12, Omon jefferson <omonuan@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: How much we're you paid to write that fictitious story about that 59 year old lady giving birth?
To: nichsunny@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 8:09 AM

Hey dude:

I just read your paid for advert for an infertile couple and I was flabagasted by your yellow journalism. Even an elementary school pupil knows the story does not hold up. I have consulted my friends who are doctors and they told me that your story is more like a fairy tale. I forwarded the article to some friends but their attempts to state the facts as they know it but either you or Sun are censoring the comments.

It kind of now dawned on us that you are probably a paid hack. You failed to live up to the journalistic ethos of integrity. Now my friends have decided that if you can consult the couple and tell them that we have an offer. They will be paid 2 million naira if they consent to a DNA test. The result will be published by your paper.

You know why we are so interested? Your publishing this false story, gives tacit support to what you know is the truth which is that this baby was at best purchased or at worst abducted. You know that you are an accomplice in this atrocious act.

Let me know if this offer is accepted as soon as possible. Meanwhile, enjoy the money you've collected from this couple to write the trash and censor negative comments on the article on Sun's website. You unwittingly or may be even knowingly are assisting lying couples to engage in baby laundry. Shame on you and Sun!
Reply ▼
Delete More ▼

Omon
Sign out Options All services
© 2012 Microsoft
Privacy Terms Report abuse PC site
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 25, 2012
For the religious honchos here please spear us the calling of God's name in vain. Your God would not possibly approve the method this couple and the journalist used and how they go about lying on how they obtained the baby. Moreover, if you read between the lines on the article, the woman did not give birth to this baby.

They are simply engaging in cheap publicity to launder this baby. I just hope the baby was not abducted. In a civilized clime, law enforcement agencies would investigate this couple and Mr. Sunday Ani whom I suspect to be the publicity secretary of a baby factory.

In fact a petition should be launch here on Nairaland to force The Sun to investigate the story further to make sure the tabloid is not being used to enable baby thieves.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 25, 2012
@omonuan .... I swear I really want to slap you like right now! Are you freaking kidding me? What investigation have you done here for Pete's sake that you are blabbing about?

You keep going on in circles about nothing , being defensive and calling the other guys names just cause you didn't get any info and they threw your 2mila on your face!

It's Xmas and I will try my best to find out about this . Just sheesh and carry your attention seeking sorry a$$ away from here if you don't have anything productive to type! Nonsense !
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by minute(f): 6:30am On Dec 25, 2012
Menopause babies do happen. Sometimes, they come as quite a surprise.

During perimenopause which happens at different times for different women, ovulutation

becomes irregular,but it still happen occasionally. A woman in perimenopause sometimes

believes she has reached menopause when she hasn't.

Look up the oldest woman to ever give birth.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 25, 2012
minute: Menopause babies do happen. Sometimes, they come as quite a surprise.

During perimenopause which happens at different times for different women, ovulutation

becomes irregular,but it still happen occasionally. A woman in perimenopause sometimes

believes she has reached menopause when she hasn't.

Look up the oldest woman to ever give birth.

Truly in this case, the woman says she has not only reached menopause but she was informed when she was 46 years old that she no longer has any viable egg because her eggs were damaged by clomide the fertility drugs she was under.

You have to engage in intellectual nihilism to believe this woman here. Read the article very well and you'll see enough clues to nullify her assertions. No doctors or hospital were mentioned.And by her own admission, as soon as she got pregnant, she quit her job and stayed home in bed. This means that no one really saw her pregnant outside may be her husband.

Post menopausal birth do happen but they are an aberration and may involve an intervening act. Most post menopausal birth occur to women who have previously given birth. Forget what this woman says, I doubt that she has ever conceived a baby much less giving birth.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2012
@Jidegirl

You may be part of this child snatching ring for all I care or you may be the fake 59 year old woman in question here. Perhaps you are Sunday Ani. However, if you read and comprehend very well, you'll see why the woman's story does not pass the smell test. Christmas or no Christmas, the truth shall set those of you shysters free.

Forget the money, the burden is not on me it is on those of you that are engaging in this chicanery. It is a travesty for you to focus on the messenger rather than the message. This is is typical of those who have something to hide. You have to prove this woman conceived and gave birth. The onus is on you and your cohorts. If you have poof of this conception why not share it or hold your peace.

You can't prevail by ad hominen attacks. You can fool some people.sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time. I did not ask the so called woman and her accomplices to publicize their fake baby. Because the story is in the public domain, it behooves me to ask questions where I see gaping holes. If you have proof that this baby has a genetic relationship with this woman share it or forever hold thy peace.

I will eat my words if you can prove this birth occurred naturally. But until then, I will no longer join issues with you. Sorry that I have to exposed you guys. I hate deception and this baby buying and selling needs to stop.

I will be waiting for your investigations as you promised. Meanwhile, have a merry Christmas and don't slap anyone because violence solves nothing. For your information I don't crave attention. Check out my foot print on Nairaland. I am just a practical person.

1 Like

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by repogirl(f): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2012
debrief08: As soon as I opened this thread I knew I will see what Pastor said yet no interview from Doctors who receieved such a rare medical feat.
Nigerians, what hospital did she give birth in? Why didn't they interview the Doctor who received such aa rare case? The Doctor would have been on her case as this is an extra special delivery.
She would have been closely observed and managed and entered into the medical Journal but as usual the Hospital name is clearly missing from the story and Doctors report and interview none existant, yet we will shout halleluyah until a mother comes to claim her baby and we see a "Mary" case repeat.
I believe in miracles oh, but let us ask the right questions, let these miracles be verifiable.
I for one am interested in hearing her Doctors veiws, no Doctor will get a 59 year old positive pregnancy test and not annouce this to the world as a special case.
Till I read from a certified Doctor and not a trado medical lungu Doctor I reserve my commentsm

I get your point but then doesn't mean this isn't true. You know our journalists lack investigative journalism skills or maybe not enough funds backing up their journalism, whatever. A doctor once told me of an extra ordinary case she witnessed while in her housemanship of a 70 something grand mother being pregnant and another nurse told me about a grandmother who gave birth in my hospital. These things still happen once in a while.
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2012
@op, Now you have to give me back my 5min of reading through this thread. Next!
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
@omonuan ....hehehe you cracked me up so good....merry Christmas to you too....., seemed you are still rambling to me , I really don't get your point seriously , you haven't done any investigation nor made any point and thats my frustration with you! So why are you here? Definitely to be noticed, well we've seen you okay?

And I really don't see any point my going back and forth with you cos there's absolutely nothing to necessitate that.

Go and drink some cool aid and sit your behind down on the grass and stop your baloney !

My point still stands: there's nothing impossible,

I will look into it in my own convenience time !

Baby snatching ring my foot! You're tripping cheesy
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
jidegirl12: @omonuan ....hehehe you cracked me up so good....merry Christmas to you too....., seemed you are still rambling to me , I really don't get your point seriously , you haven't done any investigation nor made any point and thats my frustration with you! So why are you here? Definitely to be noticed, well we've seen you okay?

And I really don't see any point my going back and forth with you cos there's absolutely nothing to necessitate that.

Go and drink some cool aid and sit your behind down on the grass and stop your baloney !

My point still stands: there's nothing impossible,

I will look into it in my own convenience time !

Baby snatching ring my foot! You're tripping cheesy

My real concern is the welfare of this child and this should be yours too. You are actually the one rambling. I have never stated that it is not possible for a 59 year old to give birth. It is possible . However, it is a rare feat and usually with an intervening act which was ruled out in the article. The issue here is not simply whether it is possible. The issue is whether given the facts as we know it the lady in question gave birth. Frame the issue well and you'll see the conundrum here. It is what it is. If the woman had a natural conception fine And dandy but I am saying that the facts do not support this conclusion. Every 59 old woman's conception has her own peculiar set of facts.

There is no one size fits all story involved like some of you gullible honchos want us to believe. Look at the facts here and analyze it critically. You seem to be intelligent. Apply yourself. Do not allow your judgment to be beclouded by irrational emotions.

You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts. I think that you've taking too much kool aid laden with irrational exuberance and dillirium this holiday season. Enjoy the season and do your own investigation and report back to us as you promised. Until then I won't respond to any more of your pot shorts.

It is despicable to hide under the cloak of religion and do what I suspect this couple are involved in which is baby laundry. This couple's story is suspect and until we get more facts like a possible DNA or the woman's doctor report, I am not buying the story because the story does not pass the smell test. I am not the only sceptic as you can see from other commentators. Most of the supporters of this woman are either exploiting or apotheosizing the religious dogma to support her. Methinks, it is simply mendacious not to inquire beyond the religious realm in this case.

2 Likes

Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
Okay then wait it out,

for your info I'm gonna talk to the hospital @ blendy77 stated ( so don't for credibility) and the Sun ( good luck to me cos you have spoilt the place with your nonsense rambling instead of being professional ) ........

I don't drink cool aid by the way , it'll do you some good if you don't know , so stop taking Tylenol for another person's headache.

You just ain't making sense dammit! I'm not the one who stirred this $hit, you did and you didn't have any information so far despite all your trouble ...too bad kpele

I don't go about saying $hit & false accusation with no links, support, or evidence ..., you get my point now?!!!

Let me enjoy my Xmas jare, I have guest to entertain.... I need to smack my makeup & rock my new blings and show off as usual cool
Re: 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
I just re read your last post again and called my friend who works in a fertility clinic ........ your deductions just suck!!!!

Honestly now I need to go cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby / White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri / What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.