Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

5 Technologies That Will Remain - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Technologies That Will Remain (1082 Views)

Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 9 Real Technologies That Will Soon Be Inside You / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Technologies That Will Remain by adewasco2k(m): 1:59am On Jan 15, 2013
You may have noticed how technology evolves, a lot of technologies we were using 5 years back are now obsolete, like common who still uses a VHS player? Or a floppy disk to store data? That got me thinking if none of the current technology we are using now will still be in use years to come.

After some thinking I came to a conclusion that some of the current technologies we are using now will not go out of use in the near 30years.

1.Television Sets: despite the numerous gadgets which are available to watch cable stations, the need for a dedicated television set in the home will not be affected. There might be some changes in functionality, shapes, sizes but a television will still remain.
2.HTML Based Websites: I don’t see any technology taking over HTML coding, I believe in years to come people will still be coding in HTML, may be HTML 12 but it will remain the format we use to build the online applications and publications of the future.
3.Local Storage: local storage like the solid state drive, flash drives and so will probably remain even with cloud services becoming more prominent and broadband getting faster, there will still be need for local storage transfer.
4.PC’s: with the rising number of smartphones and tablets which can probably do almost everything a PC can do, I am still of the opinion that PC’s will remain as people tend to turn to use their PC’s when it is time to do some serious work, like multitasking and so.
5.QWERTY Keyboard: I am of the view that qwerty layout keyboards will still be in use, even with the rising technologies of voice recognition, the need for a keyboard will still be there.

Source
Re: 5 Technologies That Will Remain by sKeetz(m): 2:51am On Jan 15, 2013
@op, when we get to that bridge, we'll cross it
Re: 5 Technologies That Will Remain by Pakingzzz(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
@op, since it wasn't your compilation and you stated the source, i would say: so they think..

(1) (Reply)

Football Pitch Unveiled In Brazil Where Lights Are Powered By Players' Footsteps / Reidatashop.com Laptops,desktops,servers,rams,hard Drives,monitors,printer E.t.c / How To Recover Deleted Contacts From Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.