Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,450 members, 7,954,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU (29677 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Saburi Graduates After 12 Years In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Tunbolity(m): 12:26am On Jan 29, 2013
The news of his graduation spread like wildfire last Saturday following his post on his Facebook page which heralded the news.His Facebook page was awashed with encomiums and congratulatory messages.Akinola Saburi a.k.a Malcom X's joy knew no bound when he wrote his last paper on Saturday after spending over a decade(1999-2013).

Saburi was in 2003, the General Secretary of the Students Union before he was later elected as the president in 2006/07 session but his administration was locked in horns with the school management since day one based on the presumed believe that his election was rigged.During his reign as president,he fought every oppressive policy of the university management which landed him in detention at Ilesha prison for six months without trial.He he rarely compromise his stand on fundamental issues.

Even,after his return from prison,he still continued the struggle such that he was declared a persona non grata in Osun State by men of the State Security Service.He was later reinstated to continue his prog.

Also,his name flew about on the net through out that day.No doubt,Saburi his a hero and a model to young comrades like us.I join the numerous people who have congratulated him to honour this living legend.....Saburi! Saburi! Hai Hai Oh!...................Comrade Cordree

43 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by orelove4liff: 3:06am On Jan 29, 2013
Congrats to him
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Gboliwe: 4:47am On Jan 29, 2013
You say 14 years is barely? Na wao.
14 whole years for a 4 or 5 year course? The witches in his village are involved

5 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Sexkillzdick: 6:17am On Jan 29, 2013
Gboliwe: You say 14 years is barely? Na wao.
14 whole years for a 4 or 5 year course? The witches in his village are involved

Maybe he meant 'Nearly'...
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Afam4eva(m): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
What will someone be doing in school for 14 years. Oya, now that he's graduated finally, he should go and pick up the MD job waiting for him in chevron.

4 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by DICKtator: 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by lincoln123: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Infact..He's a legend and hero

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by born2boink(m): 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
He is hero and legend
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by specialguest(f): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
14 years = 2 degrees, 2 masters and a phD.

3 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by yuzedo: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
DAMN! shocked shocked shocked

Anyways, Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear. - Marcus Aurelius

The stuff true heroes are made of! RESPECT to this nigga! I swear if na me ehn?! grin

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Ranoscky(m): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sexkillzdick:

Maybe he meant 'Nearly'...
Which one be "sexkillzdick" again, bikonu? undecided
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Manbim: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
congrats to him.dis will teach our up coming students d dangers in combinin politics with academics.

2 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
"Speechless"
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by obyrich(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Gboliwe: You say 14 years is barely? Na wao.
Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison to become the first black President of SA. Dont know who Saburi is, but mark my word he will be more successful in politics and in life than most people who graduated with first class in his set. He indeed is a hero.

28 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
I hope he goes to NYSC as a normal 20year old graduate

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Diidi(f): 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
undecided
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by rman: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
He is not hero or legend, he is plain stupid!

Wasting his productive years in school.

This is Nigeria sha, people like him make up for the lost years by becoming politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by KINGwax(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
I tell u, ds guy is climbinp up in politics in few yrs to come. By now, some political parties have started includin him in thier 'shortlistings', let nobody pity ds guy, he's gonna be the nxt 'honorable'.
But dnt expect much from him cos in nigeria, absolute power corrupts absolutely!!!
Congrats dude, Jes like mandela, u've succeeded in fooling us all by gettin unnecessarilly detained.
Did i hear u say hero? Hehehehe, i think like mandella, he's jes ambitious. Hero ko, heroine ni.
Enjoy your political career jare, be d man.

2 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by ifemiide: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ok
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by JimmyBoy1: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrats to him, just that people like Labaran Maku were like him, but now they are selling out the the people they once fought for.

4 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by gbanikiti(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Afam4eva: What will someone be doing in school for 14 years. Oya, now that he's graduated finally, he should go and pick up the MD job waiting for him in chevron.
hehehehehe na so e easy? grin grin
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by shadrach77: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Student Unionism does not pay...that's the moral of the story. The good news is that he stood for what he believed in and the end surely justified the struggle. Kudos to him. Greatest Nigerian Student!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by OilSubsidy: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
PICTURE Pls!!!!
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Gfrey6(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
i wish him the best ahead
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by mrkels(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
There used to be a guy like this in uniben back in the days, wasn't a politician though, very brilliant but he never graduates from school, iwhen I entered school, he was in final year , to my greatest suprise when I was leaving they said he was just about entering final year . He moved from department to department, held tutorials here and there, and paced about like some1 who wasn't mentally stable. Only God knows where he is now.

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by alphaconde(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
They nEed to add a master degree to it he deserves it
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by HAH: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Those abusing this comrade don't know what they are saying, they are those that will perpetually be in slavery in the guise of employmentm

This guy has already build his CV if you don't know, it is his type Human right watch and transparency international are looking for.

Aluta continua my brother

4 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Kk4(m): 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Model to youths? I doubt any youth wud want to stay in school for more than 10yrs. Congrats to him tho
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by angelTI(f): 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
saburi saburi ayi ayi ooooo. dis guy was d SUG President wen I was in pt1. I remember his chantings den in MOZ.....

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by romzey(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
shocked :oOh boy!!! 14 years long oh! if na me ifor don look for another admission oh! Congrats dude
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
ok now.. Congrats ooo Saburi, now to build a career in the political terrain just like our former SUG president, Burkina.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Maybe they swear for am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / What Is The Full Meaning Of Jamb / ‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.