Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 (2626 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Location Of OBD2 Slot In Honda CRV 1999 / What Does Tpms Mean In Honda Accord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Tnoni: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
I GOT AN EOD 2004 NOVEMBER, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT WITH THE VIBRATION AND THE SELLER TOLD ME IT IS ONLY THE ENGINE SIT, THAT I SHOULD CHANGE IT, IMMEDIATELY I TOOK THE CAR HOME THE NEXT DAY I PAID A MECHANIC TO GET IT FIXED ONLY FOR THE VIBRATION TO CONTINUE. NOW THE MECHANIC IS SAYING IT HAS TO BE THE OTHER TWO ENGINE SITS, THAT HE DID NOT CHANGE, I DONT KNO WAT TO DO, AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR MORE THAN 3 WEEKS NOW.
HOW DO I CLEAR THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND IF I CHANGE THE OTHER ENGINE SITS WILL THE VIBRATION STOP? PLUS WHICH ONE IS BETTER FAIRLY USED ENGINE SITS OR BRAND NEW ONES.
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Tnoni: I GOT AN EOD 2004 NOVEMBER, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT WITH THE VIBRATION AND THE SELLER TOLD ME IT IS ONLY THE ENGINE SIT, THAT I SHOULD CHANGE IT, IMMEDIATELY I TOOK THE CAR HOME THE NEXT DAY I PAID A MECHANIC TO GET IT FIXED ONLY FOR THE VIBRATION TO CONTINUE. NOW THE MECHANIC IS SAYING IT HAS TO BE THE OTHER TWO ENGINE SITS, THAT HE DID NOT CHANGE, I DONT KNO WAT TO DO, AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR MORE THAN 3 WEEKS NOW.
HOW DO I CLEAR THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND IF I CHANGE THE OTHER ENGINE SITS WILL THE VIBRATION STOP? PLUS WHICH ONE IS BETTER FAIRLY USED ENGINE SITS OR BRAND NEW ONES.

engine mounting (sitting) doesnt cause vibrating there are made to position the engine and also to cushion the engine from bumps and to absorb little vibration from the engine, there are rubbers how can they cause a vibration

check engine means the car needs scanning after scanning a code will come out and that code points to what is wrong

you wont be suprise that it is a misfire causing the vibration dont waste your money on engine mountings
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Elsafema: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2013
Tnoni: I GOT AN EOD 2004 NOVEMBER, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT WITH THE VIBRATION AND THE SELLER TOLD ME IT IS ONLY THE ENGINE SIT, THAT I SHOULD CHANGE IT, IMMEDIATELY I TOOK THE CAR HOME THE NEXT DAY I PAID A MECHANIC TO GET IT FIXED ONLY FOR THE VIBRATION TO CONTINUE. NOW THE MECHANIC IS SAYING IT HAS TO BE THE OTHER TWO ENGINE SITS, THAT HE DID NOT CHANGE, I DONT KNO WAT TO DO, AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR MORE THAN 3 WEEKS NOW.
which one is misfire bcus am having thesame problem
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Tnoni: 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
please help ooooo, we are stil waiting for response.
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by cretin: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
have the car scanned!!!.........a scan will say if the car is misfiring or not..or any other hidden problem
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by hen6kay(m): 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
at what speed does it vibrate?
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by luvinhubby(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
Check & change the remaining mountings if necessary, then change or clean your nozzles.
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by nagreenmotoring: 1:16am On Feb 06, 2013

An engine seat is meant to absorb the vibration the engine and the gear box produces when the vehicle is working it acts like a shock absorber but can't say changing it will solve your vibration problem but since your mechanic has seen the car i think you should go with his advice and change the remaining two.

Check Engine Light
Please before you carry out any mechanical work on your vehicle like cleaning the nozzle and the rest have it scanned/diagnose properly so that they won't just be doing guess work on your car and end up ruining it for you or better still if you have the money and you can do without your car for a week take it to honda palace in ikeja or gbagada and all your problems will be solved
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Mowire: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
Some1 asked "@what speed does it vibrate?"
How's the vibration: entire vehicle or engine?
Tyre/wheel balancing can cause vehicles to vibrate @ certain speed range; a problem with brake (pads &/or discs) can also cause vibration.
Get ur brake discs/pads checked 2 c their conditions.
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by mayor2013: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] dude in order to prevent your car being used up as an experimental device I recommend u go for a scan. If u need a private scanner, call dis number 08165520837 or 08156087872.

1 Like

Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by FlyboyZee: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
I had the same problem with my EOD. The culprit is the engine seat. The correct one has not yet been fixed. There are infact over 6 different types of engine mount for each position. Ad soon as the correct one is fixed, believe me your EOD will be like a brand new one. I speak from experience.

Here is my own story.
I bought my EOD with the vibration especially when the car is at low rev, say 1. But as soon as you rev the car up to 2, it runs very smooth and normal. I took the car to several mechanics in Benin and Yenagoa. They all identified the front and thback engine mounts as the problem and changed them to no avail. I meant each mechanic (over 6 of them) changed the 2 engine mounts to no avail. Someone now recommended one of the managers at the Honda Place in Port Harcourt and I took the vehicle there. They also changed the fron and the back engine mounts and the car started running very smoothly like a brand new one. I was surprised and then asked the guy what the problem was since every mechanic has been changing the same components without any results. He simply said they had all been fixing the wrong types of engine mounts all along.

It may be that your mechanic has not yet gotten the correct engine mount for your car. The engine mount of the EX is different from that of the LX, EX-L, DX and V6 trims. Let them look for your own trim's mount and fix I believe it would solve the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by nagreenmotoring: 1:12am On Feb 10, 2013
Flyboy Zee: I had the same problem with my EOD. The culprit is the engine seat. The correct one has not yet been fixed. There are infact over 6 different types of engine mount for each position. Ad soon as the correct one is fixed, believe me your EOD will be like a brand new one. I speak from experience.

Here is my own story.
I bought my EOD with the vibration especially when the car is at low rev, say 1. But as soon as you rev the car up to 2, it runs very smooth and normal. I took the car to several mechanics in Benin and Yenagoa. They all identified the front and thback engine mounts as the problem and changed them to no avail. I meant each mechanic (over 6 of them) changed the 2 engine mounts to no avail. Someone now recommended one of the managers at the Honda Place in Port Harcourt and I took the vehicle there. They also changed the fron and the back engine mounts and the car started running very smoothly like a brand new one. I was surprised and then asked the guy what the problem was since every mechanic has been changing the same components without any results. He simply said they had all been fixing the wrong types of engine mounts all along.

It may be that your mechanic has not yet gotten the correct engine mount for your car. The engine mount of the EX is different from that of the LX, EX-L, DX and V6 trims. Let them look for your own trim's mount and fix I believe it would solve the problem.

Its good to always deal with professional and you have seen the benefit first hand
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Tnoni: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mowire: Some1 asked "@what speed does it vibrate?"
How's the vibration: entire vehicle or engine?
Tyre/wheel balancing can cause vehicles to vibrate @ certain speed range; a problem with brake (pads &/or discs) can also cause vibration.
Get ur brake discs/pads checked 2 c their conditions.

at very very low speed, infact sometimes the vibration is almost not noticeable, and the vibration is not the whole vehicle, itsjust the engine. my brakes and all are in good conditon, infact i just recently changed them.
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by auhanson(m): 12:56am On Feb 14, 2013

Mostly, this kind of thing is caused by steering kits. Ask your mechanic to go down your car and check those steering kits as he sakes them to confirm
Re: Vibration In Honda Eod 2004 by Mowire: 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
Tnoni:

at very very low speed, infact sometimes the vibration is almost not noticeable, and the vibration is not the whole vehicle, itsjust the engine. my brakes and all are in good conditon, infact i just recently changed them.
Then I think u should look the way of @Flyboy Zee's advice.

(1) (Reply)

HELP - My Car AC Is Not Cooling / This Check Signal On My Es330 Is Always Steady / Where Can I Customize My Car Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.