Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (820 Views)

Charles Oben: GSK Drug Turned A Healthy Banker Into A Monster / Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Engineered Stem Cells Kill HIV Infected Cells In A Living Organism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by fyneIjay(f): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2013
j
Re: . by k4kenny(f): 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
First of all, congrats on your pregnancy wishing you a safe delivery.

Of course its very possible to give birth to a HIV negative baby, all you need to do is to register at your nearest health centre and they'll put you through the necessary processes. These are the likely things they'll tell you.

1). Keep your CD4 (immune cells) count as high as possible, this can be done using anti retrovirals (ARV), eat a lot of fruits and leafy vegs, these boost the immune system.

2). Keep your viral load as low as possible by using ur ARVs as prescribed.

3). Try as much as possible to live a healthy lifestyle, avoid dangerous activities, get as much rest as you can.
Kudos to ur guy, his likes are sooo few and far in between. hold on to him Oº°˚˚˚°º. wink

You'll have to give birth to d baby through cs and you'll be strongly advised not to breas.t feed.

HIV shouldn't be seen as a death sentence, you can live a full healthy life with your hubby and kids cheesy. May God see you through your journey
Re: . by fyneIjay(f): 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
Thank you.
Re: . by dominique(f): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
@k4kenny
You missed this part wink

fyne_Ijay:

Please Note, that the guy is aware and he still loves me enough to take the risk. I have told him to go his way, but he wouldn't budge. I don't want to infect and I equally don't infect the baby, if we finally decide to make babies.
Thank You.

@topic
Of course you can get pregnant and carry your baby to term without infecting the baby. They're drugs that prevent mother to foetus transsmision. But the question is, how do you concieve without infecting your husband? I think you may have to go through the assisted reproduction route.
Re: . by Kani4all(m): 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hello all. In addition to that, it will be better if your boyfriend becomes your husban, though it's still risky. We advise our clients to get married to similar couple, i.e the one living with the HIV Virus as well. A safer sexual activity, i.e any straight penetration devoid of bruise or using condom not tightly fit can also help. The condom should be free at the tip and a fine hole should be made to ensure that only ejaculate is released. It's still risky to non infected couple. To the fetus, assisted delivery can help even without cs. The baby can still be breast fed for up to six months provided the mother do not have cracked nipples.
Re: . by fyneIjay(f): 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
Kani4all: Hello all. In addition to that, it will be better if your boyfriend becomes your husban, though it's still risky. We advise our clients to get married to similar couple, i.e the one living with the HIV Virus as well. A safer sexual activity, i.e any straight penetration devoid of bruise or using condom not tightly fit can also help. The condom should be free at the tip and a fine hole should be made to ensure that only ejaculate is released. It's still risky to non infected couple. To the fetus, assisted delivery can help even without cs. The baby can still be breast fed for up to six months provided the mother do not have cracked nipples.
please can you explain it in details. how can you make a hole in the condom without it breaking and the sperm still able to fertilize the egg.
I just dnt want to infect him.
Re: . by Kani4all(m): 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Sorry, I was away for emergency call from maternity. Like i told you; it's still risky to non infected person. The condom has a pointed tip. That can be carefully held before wearing. A scissors can then be used. The hole shouldn't be big and the condom should be worn loosely. Ejaculation should be timed just prior to your orgasm. You should also be lying down on your back. You shouldn't stand up immediately thereafter. You can intensify to have more orgasm while still on your back. Though this may not be easy for many women. Like i said earlier, we rather advise infected person to mary another infected person. Such can be facilitated through club at your registered RVD Clinic.

(1) (Reply)

. / Kindly Share Information On Natural Skin Care Tips / Shocking Symptoms Of Being Hiv Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.