Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail (684 Views)

Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail / Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) / Lauryn Hill At African Shrine Last Night (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by onila(f): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-q6RKHma_hbo/UXZOwe2VV_I/AAAAAAABoPk/EDTYt1lW9Wo/s400/lauryn-hill-mugshot.jpg[/img]

Sad situation for an iconic singer like her to be in, but that's her reality. Lauryn Hill was scheduled to be sentenced yesterday Monday April 22nd after pleading guilty on tax evasion charges for failing to report $1.8 million in income. At her sentencing yesterday, the mother of 6 was given two weeks to come up with $504,000 or face up to two and a half years in prison. She has up until May 6 to produce the money. Beyonce and Jay Z, please come to her aid! :-)
Re: Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by wonlasewonimi: 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
She should just come to nigeria and meet sossick or donjazzy to cook up some beats and do some collabo with LKT or dbanj. She can always throw in some concerts at Lekki.
Re: Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
She should have enough financial muscles 2 battlr dat! It s chicken change 4 mama Hills;
Re: Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
D way american government carry dis tax issue for head na wonderment.. Nigerian govt should emulate this. Come to naija..u can evade tax as much as u want. eeyah go find money make u pay or do d time. Sorry o
Re: Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by ayobase(m): 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
I really do feel for her.....Lauryn Hill.....the performance she had with Marley's son on Marley remembrance popped into my head.....people like wyclef and the likes should help out.....I hope she can bounce back....."Da whoop"

Mother of six kwanu!
Re: Lauryn Hill Has 2 Weeks To Pay Half A Million Dollars Or Go To Jail by Scarpon(m): 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
chai ndo

(1) (Reply)

Howard Webb Tribute To Departing Manu Boss Sir Alex Ferguson / Yeezus! Kanye Westraps About Kim Kardashian On Snl / I Wasted Six Years Of My Life With Jim Iyke"- Ex GF Keturah Hamilton Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.