Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet (2036 Views)

2014/2015 Fastest Internet Speed By Countries / Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria / The Fastest Internet In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 6:20am On May 26, 2013
Japan can enjoy an incredible internet speed with a downstream of 2.488 Gbps. The world's fastest internet service powered by a Sony-backed ISP in Japan made the unimaginable feat a reality when the company launched her 2Gbps Internet service.

Image Credit: Pcq
So-net Entertainment now offers it's “Nuro” fiber-based service to homes, apartments, and small businesses in Tokyo and six surrounding prefectures. Nuro cost ¥4,980 (US$51) per month on a two-year contract, plus a ¥52,500 installation fee. The upload speed is 1Gbps.

The Japanese government has strongly backed fiber connections to private residences, and the country is now among the world leaders. About 25 percent of Japanese households are currently connected, the second-highest rate in the world, according to data from regional FTTH, or Fibre to the Home, organizations. The UAE is the highest at over 70 percent.

A vast majority of the Japanese population are
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/05/worlds-fastest-home-internet-2gbps.html
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by opestein: 7:35am On May 26, 2013
undecidedis it coming to Nigeria?
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by redcliff: 8:11am On May 26, 2013
opestein: undecidedis it coming to Nigeria?
see, let me tell you a secret for free. Our main one cable can have that capacity. Dyu think these network providers dont know what they are doing by capping our bandwidth speed? Even in Nigeria here, i have seen a 2Gb video upload in 14mins, is that one miracle or magic? it was our very own main one. They network providers make more money when the internet is slower. take it or leave it.
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2013
redcliff:
see, let me tell you a secret for free. Our main one cable can have that capacity. Dyu think these network providers dont know what they are doing by capping our bandwidth speed? Even in Nigeria here, i have seen a 2Gb video upload in 14mins, is that one miracle or magic? it was our very own main one. They network providers make more money when the internet is slower. take it or leave it.
You don't know what you are talking about. This is a new technology that was lunched last month and you are making comparism with obsolete internet services we have in Nigeria.
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Denn(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2013
redcliff:

your analysis lacks a solid backing.

if i have an ability to download 1GB in ten minutes, do u think i will consume less data than my current 20MB in ten minutes capacity?
how then will the network providers make more money from selling less data?
how?
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by opestein: 10:32am On May 26, 2013
Denn:

if i have an ability to download 1GB in ten minutes, do u think i will consume less data than my current 20MB in ten minutes capacity?
how?
help me tell am
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Nobody: 10:38am On May 26, 2013
Denn:

how?
i think this exactly the idea. until they completely check thses networks. they wont stop extorting us angry
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Nobody: 10:41am On May 26, 2013
2gb/sec unlimited data for 8,000 naira a month . when 6gb on crappy speed 7.2mb/sec that you wont get up to 2mb/sec costs 8000 naira

when will nigeria get to this level
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by FKO1(m): 11:03am On May 26, 2013
AM OFF TO JAPAN
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2013
F.K.O:
AM OFF TO JAPAN
cheesy
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2013
F.K.O:
AM OFF TO JAPAN
hehecheesy
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by honsule(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2013
F.K.O:
AM OFF TO JAPAN

cheesy cheesy Safe journey. My greeting goes to Shinzō Abe grin grin tongue tongue
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by moonraker(m): 1:17am On May 27, 2013
Denn:

how?

Well lets see, i think redcliff might have a point. this could be achieved by erm i dont know, higher pings, marginalization of bandwidth etc if my theory is correct, once you log onto the network, regardless of whether
or not you are actually browsing, your validity goes too.

So if for example, you dont use your 200MB within 30days, that 200MB becomes invalid?? Just saying. Between i do have a

1Gbps connection to my home. Although i never get up to that speed because of obvious reasons (me being too far away

from the server and all) but i still get a decent speed of about 300Mbps down/up. Torrents averaging about 10mbps per sec
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by redcliff: 9:02am On May 27, 2013
Denn:

how?

If you have a slow internet connection and you have stuffs to do, would you spend more or less time trying to get that stuff done or not?
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by mrdrizzy(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2013
we were jst talking about google bolt with 1gb/s now dis..nwa and am still getting 190kb/s on our so called 3g,if this gets to nigeria,what should we call it..9g?
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2013
mr.drizzy:
we were jst talking about google bolt with 1gb/s now dis..nwa and am still getting 190kb/s on our so called 3g,if this gets to nigeria,what should we call it..9g?

If not that we tolerate and have an irresponsible NCC, there's no way the poor internet services been offered by telecom operators can be labelled 3G. It's just pure shame how this nation have been left to rot. Every sector..
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Nobody: 10:48am On May 27, 2013
moonraker:

Well lets see, i think redcliff might have a point. this could be achieved by erm i dont know, higher pings, marginalization of bandwidth etc if my theory is correct, once you log onto the network, regardless of whether
or not you are actually browsing, your validity goes too.

So if for example, you dont use your 200MB within 30days, that 200MB becomes invalid?? Just saying. Between i do have a

1Gbps connection to my home. Although i never get up to that speed because of obvious reasons (me being too far away

from the server and all) but i still get a decent speed of about 300Mbps down/up. Torrents averaging about 10mbps per sec
wow, which country?
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2013
9jadelta: wow, which country?

Lol, help me ask him? cheesy
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by moonraker(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2013
Japan
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by moonraker(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2013
vowiski:

Lol, help me ask him? cheesy

You Sir, are a comedian.
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by moonraker(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2013
Checking their website reveals that they are offering 2Gbps down and 1Gbps up for less than $100
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 27, 2013
moonraker: Japan
oh.. I thought you were talking about nigeria grin
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by opestein: 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
9jadelta: oh.. I thought you were talking about nigeria grin
us gan no get 2gb download,talk less of 9ja wey still dey find signal
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by vowiski(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2013
opestein:
us gan no get 2gb download,talk less of 9ja wey still dey find signal

Lol, but we are getting there. The transformation agenda is getting alot of things right lately wink
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by purplekayc(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
Which transformation agenda?
vowiski:

Lol, but we are getting there. The transformation agenda is getting alot of things right lately wink
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by Davedgr8(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
Oh Nigeria.....My beloveth Country... Corruption Everywhere..Imagine, my download speed on my mtn line is 5.2kps..chai!... cry
Palz, just vote for me..
I'm gonna transform and rebrand this Country..Nigeria of Yesterday/yesteryears.......Ye shall see it no more.
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by sammirano: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
Power is one major factor militating against cheap internet service is Nigeria.
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by godwinony(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
And I was getting carried away by my 90kps connection. Smh
Re: 2.4Gbps: Sony ISP Providing The World's Fastest Internet by physise(m): 12:37am On Aug 29, 2013
godwinony: And I was getting carried away by my 90kps connection. Smh
lol

(1) (Reply)

Help! My BOLD 9900 Wont Boot Completely :( / Airtel Free Data / Tech: How To Send APK, PDF, ZIP & Other Files On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.