Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs (9070 Views)

Texas Couple Accused Of Holding Nigerian Nanny Captive For Two Years / Man Keeps Girlfriend In Pit For Eight Months In A Bid To Make Money. / Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2008
I've been following this story,,,
I don't understand how people end up being so sick!!!!

[b]An Austrian engineer has confessed to fathering seven children by raping his own daughter and keeping them captive in the cellar, Austrian police said.

The Times of London reported Monday that during the 24 years that Josef F kept his daughter Elisabeth locked up in a windowless cellar underneath the house where he lived with his wife Rosemarie, the 73-year-old is said to have fathered and acted as midwife at the birth of Kerstin, 19, Stefan, 18, Lisa, 16, Monica, 14, Alexander, 11, and Felix, 5, Austrian police have revealed.

A seventh child - a twin boy - was said by police to have died three days after his birth and his body to have been burned in the large, well-kept gardens of the grey, concrete villa in Ybbs Street in the eastern town of Amstettin.

Mr. F, who was arrested on Saturday night at the hospital where Kerstin has been lying in a coma for over a week, was this morning said to have begun to speak to police for the first time. Until last night he had told them little more than the code to the hidden electronic trapdoor to the windowless cellars where the secret family was kept imprisoned.

“He has now said that he locked up his daughter for 24 years and that he alone fathered her seven children and that he locked them up in the cellar,” said Colonel Franz Polzer, head of the criminal investigations unit in the province of Lower Austria.

RelatedStories
Police: Father Held Daughter in Cellar for 24 Years in Austria Prosecutors said a little later however that Mr. F had confessed only to imprisoning his daughter and her children, and not to incest.

Josef F “has admitted building the dungeon and to holding his daughter and three children there. But he has not admitted incest,” said Gerhard Sedlacek, a spokesman for Austrian prosecutors.

Mr F has been transferred to court and is expected to appear before an investigating magistrate this evening. DNA test results that will determine whether he did indeed father his daughter Elisabeth's children, as she has claimed, are not expected for two days.

Police have spent the night exploring the network of rooms where they say Elisabeth was first imprisoned on August 28 1984, aged 19, after being drugged and handcuffed by her father. The tiny entrance was concealed in a workshop in a public part of the cellar.

"There was a shelf with plenty of cans and containers, and behind the shelf was a door made of reinforced concrete, secured electronically and running on steel rails, and only the suspect knew the code," said Heinz Lenze, a local police official.

Once inside the dungeon, police reported, they found all the passages extremely narrow, the ceiling is no higher than 170 cm and the floors uneven. They have found a makeshift shower room, cooking rings for the secret family to heat food, and a room lined entirely in rubber whose use is unknown.

Mr F, a retired engineer who used to work for the construction company Zehnter, was said by police to have been continuously renovating and extending the hidden cellar. Detectives say they have not ruled out finding further secret rooms underneath the sprawling villa.

All seven children were conceived and born in the cellar, police say, but within months of their births they were divided between the dark and the light. As babies aged between nine and 15 months, Lisa, Monica and Alexander were adopted and raised by their grandparents, leading normal lives - attending school and playing in the swimming pool in the gardens of the villa.

The three babies were said to have been discovered on the doorstep of the villa between 1993 and 1997. Each baby was left with a note supposedly written by their missing mother Elisabeth, whom the authorities believed had probably joined an extreme and isolated religious sect.

But in the windowless cellar their three siblings Kerstin, Stefan, the two eldest, and Felix, the youngest, continued to be kept hidden, allegedly a secret even from their grandmother - never seeing the sun, their only source of light the harsh striplight overhead, and dependant on their mother to teach them to speak, read and write.

A television was their only contact with the outside world, apart from the hatch through which their alleged father/grandfather passed food and clothes.

The sequence of events by which the grim charade was uncovered appears to have begun ten days ago when Kerstin, the oldest child, was found unconscious and seriously ill outside the cellar - reports differ to exactly where - with yet another note from Elisabeth asking for her to be given medical help.

She was taken to hospital, where she is said to be in a serious condition. Her doctors issued an urgent appeal for her mother to come forward to supply medical information to help save her life.

Following this appeal Mr. F appears to have decided to allow his captives to leave the cellar, telling his wife that the longlost Elisabeth had at last decided to return home with the rest of her children.

He and Elisabeth were held by police on Saturday night at the hospital where Kerstin is being treated. Police then found the rest of the children at the villa. It was only last night that detectives gained access to the cellar.

According to Austrian police, Elisabeth F is in a "very bad condition." She was described as "extremely pale", and looking 20 years older than her age, the Austrian broadcaster Orf reported. She is alleged to have given a full statement to police on condition that she did not have to see her father again. Grandmother, mother and children are said to be receiving counseling and medical treatment.

“This is a shock to all of us,” a neighbor who gave her name only as Maria, 66, said. “I’m good friends with Mrs. F. Both she and her husband are lovely people. I’ve seen her take the children to school very often – they are well dressed, polite and very nice. I just saw her the other day and I still cannot believe that this was going on in front of our noses. We always believed that the mother of the children had run away and dumped them on the grandparents. Who would ever think of such a horrible thing?”

Mr. and Mrs. F have four children besides Elisabeth, all of whom now have families of their own. Mr F is said by police to have presided over all family affairs with an iron hand. But how he managed to keep a secret so horrifying behind an underground door will puzzle psychiatrists and sociologists for years as they decide whether there is such a thing as an “Austrian syndrome.”

As Austrians woke this morning to the realization that yet another horrific child kidnap case has been taking place in their midst, the news is likely to fuel a furious debate in Austria about how easy it is to slip through the welfare net. “This is one of the most extraordinary cases in Austrian criminal history,” said Colonel Polzer.

Guenther Platter, the Austrian Interior Minister, said: "We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime. Everything that has happened here goes beyond one's imagination."[/b]

http://www.thestar.com/article/419089

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/27/waustria227.xml
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2008
i think ive got the perfect punishment for this guy.

force a stick of broom inside his d1ck and twisted. force a tiny rod in between his nails and fingers. he should be treated properly after every session. this process should be carried out again on a 2 day on-going-interval.

finally, a rusty pipe up his a55 hole.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Dreloaded(f): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2008
Well considering the history of Australia and all, I cant say Im surprised
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
Apparently, its happened before
someone else did the same to his daughter for 10 yrs

depressing!!!
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by FBS: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2008
Well considering the history of Australia and all, I can't say I'm surprised
1. that is terrible, and if it in Africa now, they will say that we are bush people, na wetin dem go talk now, Lord Have Mercy.
2. Its not Australia, its Austria,
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Dreloaded(f): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2008
lol I saw Australia in another thread about it

Austrian eh? Still not surprised wink
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by lucabrasi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
the sad thing is that there are still several families in the same situation that might not be found out at all, thank GOD for africa and their morals at least compared to the supposed advanced countries
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Dreloaded(f): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2008
yea like the morals of a man raping a 9 month old baby and only getting fined 5000 naira

Abi?
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2008
there is a guy who lives next to my gran in Warri
apparently he fathered his daughter's child, no one has any proof of this but the child is a spitting image of th man and the girl has never said who fathered d child. It doesnt help that they live alone in their one bedroom flat.

I guess it happens everywhere,,, morals or not
Some people are just SICK!!! and will burn in hell!!!  angry
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by lucabrasi(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2008
im not excusing nigeria from the whole scenario as saying 140 million plus citizens are clean is being naive but compared to supposed advanced western countries acts of that nature are frowned on in nigeria and people will go as far as ostracizing your family at least in my own part of yorubaland anyway for generations to come,and im on about the irony of the western media casting us as backward and a dark continent where all sorts go on and now these happening in austria,the cannibal incident in germany e.t.c

for each case of a man raping a 9 year old in nigeria or a father impregnating his daughter,there is a thousand cases abroad and they will be unashamed to admit is as well
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Dreloaded(f): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
I'd sooner accept incest over pedophilia

anyway vcan i get a link to the german cannibal story?
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2008
this case i think is far more than incest
keeping ur own child prisoner for 24yrs in a basement with no daylight,,,, sad
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Dreloaded(f): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2008
oh of course it's sick, I just dont think people should be like oh at least where I am, such things arent looked on favorable

This dude is actually gonna go rto jail. Whereas in Nigeria, a baby rapist only got a FINE. How can anyone even dare compare
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
In my opinion, there is no basis for comparism
I despise both instances equally,,,,and the perpetrators deserve a slow painfull death
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by SeanT21(f): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2008
Where was the mother? how could she let this happen to her daughter? this happen in her house, she has no excuse?
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2008
She says she had no idea,
the guy claimed his daughter had run away and joined a religious cult, even made her write letters to that effect to throw the police off track.

3 of the seven childern were raised by the couple, supposedly abandoned by their daughter
he'd leave them outside the door for the mother to find with a note from the daughter.

I just watched d news with pics of the house and cellar,
It had a rienforced concrete door with an electronic password lock,,, i wonder how long he had been planning this??!!!
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by bigfather(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2008
The man's balls is supposed to be smashed ! angry
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2008
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by lucabrasi(m): 1:06am On Apr 29, 2008
people just keep pushing the boundaries of what is accepted and what isnt, onli GOD knows where its going to end because im sure some psycho is already looking to top the man's record,not just having sex with your own child but having several kids, who knows if he had commited sexual acts on the children as well because they were at his mercy plus its still early days yet and investigations still going on
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by tpia: 5:25am On Apr 29, 2008
this story is terrible.

Some people are simply beasts in human skin. sad lipsrsealed

How can one even begin to describe this man's mental state. the wife must definitely also have some severe problems, for her to keep quiet the whole time. undecided
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by bigben3: 11:20am On Apr 29, 2008
this is sickning at this age,in a supposedly "developed" environment embarassed
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by FBS: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
this is sickning at this age,in a supposedly "developed" environment
what is developed about it, they are only getting badda. its sad!!!!
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by chummybro(f): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2008
Is unimaginable!!! shocked, The man's wife has a great deal to be blamed. That she believes all the man told her, without wanting to investigate deeper what made the daughter left home and where she was and how come she has being given birth and kept dropping the children by their doorstep. The woman is marked with a great gross nonchalant,lousy,Laissez Faire behaviour.

Even the Lady's sisters and brothers should be very ashamed of themselves, All of them in that home is very lousy, not wanting to know the truth behind their sister and daughter leaving home only to be bringing out her kids one after the other.

Again, does it mean that the lady with her children can not over power that foolish old 73yrs old man? Hit him well, well, and escape or were they enjjoying the whole shit?

I pity for those children, they should tell us what made the man do what he did to that very daughter of his.

Shits happen, anywhere and every where.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Akinagirl(f): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2008
I dont think that it was enjoying, think about this, this woman was locked in a cellar for 24 years, megar food and water, i doubt she had the energy to fight off this man. Seriously, this is sick, i have never heard such a thing. may God save our souls.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by squirrel20(f): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2008
this is very very disgusting.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by elizabetta(f): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2008
The man is sick,am not surprise because shit like this happen everyday.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by princeonx: 2:04pm On May 01, 2008
I know and agree that this world is full of suprises but honestly I kind of find it hard to believe stories like this. 24hrs, 24days or weeks or even months! maybe! but 24yrs with even 7kids? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by HRhotness(f): 3:45am On May 02, 2008
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Kobojunkie: 6:26am On May 02, 2008
To Those who do not think it happens in Africa, I suggest that you think again. We are oooing and aaaing at this sick man's wickedness. Let us please take this to be education that we may understand that these sort of things exist and it is up to people like us to search these idiots out from within our mist and make sure that the law deals with them to the fullest.

I watched a case of a man who imprisoned his two daughters in south africa and had babies with them. His daughters were well into their 20's and had about 5 kids amongst themselves by the time he was caught. They were in really bad shape and one of them seemed to be mentally ill. The man started having sex with them when they were kids as his  way of escaping AIDS and continued for over a decade.

I know it is easiest to come on and act all high and mighty believing it only happens in Austria and not right next door to you there in Africa. But that is far from the truth and these innocent souls depend on you to put aside your ego and seek to help them even right there where you live.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by yinkausa(f): 7:02am On May 02, 2008
i was telling some nigerian from the other website that we do have incest in nigeria too but they did not want to believe. i was like 21-22 when i was still living in nigeria that i saw by neighbor , we call him uncle john that share the same bedroom with his daughter that is like 30yrs old. this my neighbor have a 3 bedroom flat, all her daughter stuff is in his bedroom, they sleep on the same bed. i was very close to this family, i some time spend the night at there place, i swear one day i walk up on them while she was coming out of the shower and her father was waiting for her with the towel outside the door and he wrap her up naked with the towel. i almost fainted. this have 2 sons that live with them. the girl drove all this man's girlfriends away. i remeber i went downstairs to tell my parent, my mother was very upset, they send me away to live with my uncle in ikoyi until me and my parent and my 5 siblings move back to america. sometimes we talk about it. alot of nigerian kids have been molested by member of the family but they want people to talk about it. they want people to have it on there mind that it never happen, just dont talk about it. there are bad people everywhere
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by Kobojunkie: 7:08am On May 02, 2008
We had some of those in our community as well. The problem was that when they were exposed, usually the ladies or kids involved were the ones to deal with the shame for somehow not having magically made decisions to avoid such and that is how it ends. We had incest and molestations. I will never forget an 11 year old kid who I thought just had a big stomach, not knowing she was pregnant and was impregnated by one of the men in the compound. All the mother did was get the girl an abortion and kept mum about it. She did not even do much but moved the gal to live with her grandmother. I knew of it cause I was close to the bigger sisters. Sad stuff. Whenever I hear of these sort of cases in the western world, I can't help but think of the many cases like this that happen in Africa where the police is less effective and so these people never get justice at the end of the day.
Re: Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs by tulk2mi: 12:58pm On May 14, 2008
true talk, this type of thing happens in Nigeria alot, xcept victims wish them away or just dont want to talk about it cos of the stigma attached to it and moreso, the culprits dont get punished.

There was this particular incident that happened in the area where i onced lived in port harcourt. It involved a policeman who was abusing his daughter ,who is just abt say 15 to 16 yrs old, regularly rite under the nose of his wife and she did not know. It came to a head one day wen he was at his act and neighbour were hearing funny noise coming out of there room and went to investigate only to find the father giving it to his daughter and she was crying from the pains and was desprately trying not to make so much noise for fear of the father.

Of course all they did where the same "oohhs" and "ahhs "and "what a disgrace" but nothing was done to the man.

So u c most cases in africa dont get reported.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Force PRO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi: I Have Never Accepted Bribe In My Career / Abia Community Arrests 3 Men For Stealing Battery From Communication Mast / Four Arrested For Killing Recharge Card Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.