Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash (7606 Views)

6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / 12 Killed In Auto Crash At Ondo-Ore Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by xynerise: 8:33am On May 30, 2013
Tragedy in Bayelsa: 20 feared killed in auto crash

NO fewer than 20 persons were reported dead in a motor accident in Amassoma, Yenagoa, on Wednesday.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the 20 persons were mostly part-time students of the state-owned Niger Delta University, Amassoma who were returning from lectures in a 13-seater bus that collided with another that was returning to Amassoma from Yenagoa.

Confirming the incident, an eyewitness, Mr Inaikozia Fumgbe who is a 100-level Sociology student of NDU and whose vehicle was behind the bus, said the 13- seater bus with registration number RIVERS KNM 1415A clashed with another thirteen seater bus with registration number RIVERS SP 269 KPR from Yenagoa.

It was without its headlight and was on high speed.
He said the accident occurred at about 8pm on Tuesday night on the Amossoma- Ekpetiama road. He added that one pregnant woman was crushed while others with serious injuries and those that died on the spot were taken to nearby clinics and hospitals in Yenagoa.

He attributed the cause of the accident to over-speeding, When our correspondent visited the scene of the accident the mangled buses which belong to the Bayelsa State Transport Company were littered with blood stains and handouts of students and foodstuffs.

However, when contacted, the Public Relations Officer of Niger Delta University, Mr Joe Alagoa, who confirmed the accident, said nobody died in the mishap.

In a related development a middle aged woman, Mrs Chinyere Celestine and four of her children suffocated to death from carbon-monoxide that emanated from a power generator that they left on while they went to bed in an enclosed apartment, on Wednesday at their residence in Azikoro suburb in Yenagoa.

Sympathisers attributed the incident to the persisting power outage that has thrown the state into darkness over three weeks.

Eyewitnesses told Nigerian Tribune that seven persons were affected by the incident but two persons at the time of filing the reports were receiving treatment while the dead bodies have been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/13174-tragedy-in-bayelsa-20-feared-killed-in-auto-crash.html
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Madawaki01(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2013
Rip
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by imperiouxx(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2013
Hey! Chinake nna!

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 9:17am On May 30, 2013
LORD BRINGING JUDGEMENT

AMOS 3 VS 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

REPENT AND TURN BEFORE THE LORD BRINGS THE GRIM REAPER TO YOUR SIDE shocked

1 Like

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by ichommy(m): 9:17am On May 30, 2013
Eya, So sad, 20 haba
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 9:18am On May 30, 2013
This is just sad! May their souls RIP
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Chinaimporter: 9:18am On May 30, 2013
13 sitters buy. Anything 13 is bad luck.i dont go out on the 13th day of the month or even sit on the 13th sit in an airplane
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:19am On May 30, 2013
Overspeeding without headlights?

rIP ...
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by sandraLuv2(f): 9:19am On May 30, 2013
No be small matter! shocked
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by dridowu: 9:21am On May 30, 2013
Bad News everyday y ? RIP 2 d dead. Pls dnt drink and drive, also observe evri single rules of driving
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by majekleo(m): 9:21am On May 30, 2013
Time without number I've always said that most automoblile accidents are caused by human factors, and majority of them are avoidable. Example is as above. The driver knew his vehicle had no lights and still went ahead to drive at night, to further worsen the situation he was on speed. How daft can some drivers be. Next thing we begin to blame the devil. May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 9:21am On May 30, 2013
obadiah777: LORD BRINGING JUDGEMENT

Sounds like Satan to me.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Vonwolf(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2013
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by TrustJ(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2013
What a world!!!!...God please save your children.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 9:23am On May 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Sounds like Satan to me.
JOB 1 VS 12 And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. <<< TAKE THAT HOWEVER YOU WANT wink
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 9:27am On May 30, 2013
But y was he driving without headlite nd still movin so fast. May there soul RIP
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by dddaaayyyooo(m): 9:28am On May 30, 2013
R.I.P Fallen 1s, God protect us from tragedy. Woman with Generator Smoke issue, Am Sure u can sleep without light. shebi u r a Nigerian, sorry sha, RIP too
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by CrazyMan(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2013
When I read the causes of most accidents on our highways I weep cos 85% of them are avoidable.

Why should a driver without head lights be over speeding...At times I wonder if this so called drivers are tired of life hence their reckless driving...I cannot imagine what the families of this kids are going through right now...I pray God grants them the fortitude to bear the loss.

Rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Lilimax(f): 9:29am On May 30, 2013
xynerise: Tragedy in Bayelsa: 20 feared killed in auto crash
In a related development a middle aged woman, Mrs Chinyere Celestine and four of her children suffocated to death from carbon-monoxide that emanated from a power generator that they left on while they went to bed in an enclosed apartment, on Wednesday at their residence in Azikoro suburb in Yenagoa.
Sympathisers attributed the incident to the persisting power outage that has thrown the state into darkness over three weeks.
When will the issue of lack of steady power supply come to an end in Nigeria?
Imagine how this family is wasted?? cry cry
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Osama10(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2013
Driving without head lights in the night and the passengers of the vehicle had no problems with that!

Plane stupidity.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by ifyalways(f): 9:47am On May 30, 2013
Osama10: Driving without head lights in the night and the passengers of the vehicle had no problems with that!

Plane stupidity.
they wouldn't know until they've boarded the bus.

Anyways, sad.

1 Like

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by WIZGUY69(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2013
buh ah dnt really undastand dis news o.....2 in 1 news....the first one is abt accident while the second one is abt suffocation....buh d PRO for the sch said nobody died...so am some aw confused.....in summary pls........
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Uwakuwak(f): 9:59am On May 30, 2013
RIP To the dead, our drivers need to repent from taking people along to the grave.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Ebitito(m): 10:23am On May 30, 2013
na lie....... Abeg stop. Dis Amassoma u are talking about is my community.... It was only 7persons... not 20.....
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by salt1: 11:08am On May 30, 2013
Ebitito: na lie....... Abeg stop. Dis Amassoma u are talking about is my community.... It was only 7persons... not 20.....

7 persons is only? I mean these are the hopes of their families. A husband has lost a wife and unborn child. Families have lost sons and daughters and because Amassoma is your community, we should stop talking?

That Bayelsa route is becoming a death trap. Not because of bad roads but because of reckless drivers. Even though we don't know if the driver is from there (but he must be because he was rushing home by 8pm), but is it really true that people from your side use kai kai (dry gin) to rinse their mouths before going to their boats and buses? Can it be true that they are perpetually drunk?

1 Like

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 11:23am On May 30, 2013

Guy go sit down for one corner!
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Originalsly: 11:47am On May 30, 2013
"No fewer than 20 persons were reported dead..." ..in two 13 seater bus accident?....the PRO for the university said no one was killed.The guy driving behind the bus said the bus had no headlights and was speeding in the dark.No tail lights but how does he know no headlights? This kind news make you be scratching your head.

1 Like

Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Nobody: 11:49am On May 30, 2013

Chinaimporter: 13 sitters buy. Anything 13 is bad luck.i dont go out on the 13th day of the month or even sit on the 13th sit in an airplane
y'all need help.SMH
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Lakayana: 12:55pm On May 30, 2013

all these people hiding behind the bible to commit evil God is watching you. They said innocent students were killed you are there rejoicing and backing your evil with scriptures am I surprised? no way the devil knows the bible from genesis to revelation. May God have mercy for on the last day it's not all that calls him master that will find their names in the book of life.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by Lakayana: 1:37pm On May 30, 2013
obadiah777: JOB 1 VS 12 And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. <<< TAKE THAT HOWEVER YOU WANT wink
Eya please change your user name to666 for you have the mark of the beast.
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by bigfat12(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2013
so nice...
Re: 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash by bigfat12(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2013
God is in control

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suzuki Vitara N Nissan Tino, Help Me Out Pls / Toyota Century: Here’s Toyota’s Challenge To Rolls-royce And Bentley... / Honda Halla Or Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.