Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,778 members, 7,824,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. (2500 Views)

Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo / Ladies And Gentle Men, I Give To You, The Multichoice Logo Competition Winner / Nigeria 50th Anniversary Logo Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by YoxTheProf(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
After reading the design brief, frankly, I was tempted to mail them with the question “is it a logo or a 2 hours documentary you guys are looking for?” Below is the hefty design brief (which I still managed to simplify as much as possible) for your reading pleasure.

The Brief
1. Incorporate the universal MultiChoice logo and colours and show the fact that MultiChoice Nigeria is a proudly Nigerian company with pan African roots.

2. Showcase MultiChoice Nigeria’s commitment to entertaining the Nigerian family since we started operations 20 years ago.

I was beginning to worry if it’s my head that is too small to think up how to translate and pack all of the design requirement into a 400 x 400 pixel space logo so I decided to find out what other Nigerian designers thought about the brief and here is what they had to say;

The brief is not absolutely clear to those who think they understand it…

…its so funny cos after you put all d logos and colors you can’t use any Nigerian colors.

The puzzle is like wanting to use your two hands to walk on sea.

Maybe they want a short documentary… Just joking.

The brief is confusing. No. 1 is different from No. 2.

Walahi… This brief na die… Really confusing… I’ve spent days thinking of what 2 do

…they want make we design poster for them ni?

Really confusing. This MultiChoice logo has busy colours already. How many element of this brief can u add that will make it simple?

I must agree that I did feel a bit at ease after reading the opinion of others on the issue but I enjoyed the comic relief the most. Did you also find some of the opinions hilarious? Wait till you read the final one that totally made my day.

Whoever wrote that brief has no fear of God…

Let me know what you also think of the whole MultiChoice Logo Competition brouhaha. Drop your comments at http://yoxstudios.com/wp/my-opinion-of-the-multichoice-20th-anniversary-logo-competition/.
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by mccooler(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2013
I THOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S CONFUSED..GOOD LUCK TO THE EVENTUAL WINNERS
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by YoxTheProf(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
mccooler: I THOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S CONFUSED..GOOD LUCK TO THE EVENTUAL WINNERS

Lolz, we are all confused bruv! But loads of people are sending in their designs anyway (many with no relevance to the brief).

By the way, complaints reaching me stated that the email address they gave was rejecting mails and when I went to their facebook page they just responded to one dude asking him to send to another email address. NO PUBLICITY ON THE RECTIFICATION OF THE FAULTY EMAIL!

My crocodile senses tell me these people are just using people to gain publicity.

By the way, has anybody heard anything on the ABC Transport logo competition?
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by spywareczar(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
YoxTheProf:

Lolz, we are all confused bruv! But loads of people are sending in their designs anyway (many with no relevance to the brief).

By the way, complaints reaching me stated that the email address they gave was rejecting mails and when I went to their facebook page they just responded to one dude asking him to send to another email address. NO PUBLICITY ON THE RECTIFICATION OF THE FAULTY EMAIL!

My crocodile senses tell me these people are just using people to gain publicity.

By the way, has anybody heard anything on the ABC Transport logo competition?
have not heard anything on that ABC Transport logo contest, I've designed & submitted 6 different logo designs grin grin
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by qeemus: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2013
I just got a mail from them that my entry has been reviewed,that means their email is functional.who else got a mail from them?
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by Ohizman73(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
I also gut an email on d july 2 dat my entry has bn reviewd and thnkn me for participatn in d logo cmpetitn.but dere was no mentn of d status of d reviewed entry
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by brainbox007: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
wats d latest about d multichoice logo competition i avnt recevd any mail frm dem who else didnt receive a mail frm dem?
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by qeemus: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2013
Its a month after the deadline already,I shouldn't take much longer b4 they contact winners.
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by YoxTheProf(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
I'm sure we've all heard ABC said nobody's design met their criteria so they decided to give free bus tickets to Ghana for their top 5 designers.

I'm wondering if someone will enter free bus and go and sleep under bridge in Ghana. Is it not money he will use to pay for hotel and food?
Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by lilianee: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2013
The logo that won was a complete joke unless I got it mixed up. That was a poster not a logo shocked shocked

Re: My Opinion Of The Multichoice 20th Anniversary Logo Competition. by YoxTheProf(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2013
lilianee: The logo that won was a complete joke unless I got it mixed up. That was a poster not a logo shocked shocked

Well, the N1,000,000 in the guys account is not a joke. In every endeavor it's not necessarily the best man that wins but who God has blessed. By the way, you should check the portfolio of the guy who won on facebook. His name is Kanso Ogbolu and he owns O.B.K Studios-mastermind behind the popular 'smiling hat'. He is actually a bad guy at this design thing

(1) (Reply)

Get Awesome Vector Cartoon Of Your Pictures / Incredibly Breathtaking Places You Won't Believe Actually Exist! / Do You Need A Professional Video Director/editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.