Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission (886 Views)

Toyota Camry Engine With Stripped Head Bolt Issue: '03 (big 4 Nothing) / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / What Is Really Wrong With a V6 Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission by 132KVA: 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
My people, I thank you all for your help in this wonderful forum. I once more need your assistance in drawing conclusion on this;
I have an offer to buy a 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine, Manual Transmission. I don't know anything about the car. I want to know about the following, to enable me decide weather to leave or go for it.

1, is it problematic?
2, what is the maintenance cost like?
3, what is the Fuel Economy like? or which Japanese car has equivalent fuel consumption.
4, Since it is Manual transmission, the gear box shouldn't be giving problems. Am I right?
5. Finally can it be downgraded to I4 (4 cylinder) Engine

your candid advice will help a brother make the right move. God bless you
Re: How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
The Volkswagen Passat B5 was never available with a 3.0 V6 engine.
Re: How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission by 132KVA: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Siena: The Volkswagen Passat B5 was never available with a 3.0 V6 engine.

Thanks for the info. I stated earlier that I don't know anything about this car. But little research tells me that the engine could be 2.8. Oga Siena, please I need your assistance. you can help me explain more. I am just a novice when you talk about car mechanism. please save a brother by responding to the questions listed above. God bless you
Re: How Good Is 2000 Model Passat 3.0 TM V6 Engine With Manual Transmission by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Bro, there's no point delving into the rest of your questions. If you're looking to ruin a good car by removing the current 2,8 V6 30V engine, and replacing it with a 4 cylinder carburetor motor, then this clearly isn't the car for you. The ZF5HP19 tiptronic transmission has a TCU, that MUST communicate with the V6 engine's ECU.

I mention automatic transmission because if it's from North America, you won't find a manual with the V6.

You're better off letting this car go, and buying a 4 cylinder model. 1.8T or 2.0 20V.

(1) (Reply)

. / Cars And Fuel Economy / Unable To Move My Toyota Camry Tiny Light After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.