Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months (31507 Views)

This Man Has Lived 30yrs Without Food But Only Sunlight, Air And Water / Wonder!!! The Chicken Who Lived Without His Head For 18 Months / Nokia E61 For 18,000[usb And Pc Suite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by swhiss: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
*yawns*

Life is too short to read all of this!
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by steveec122(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
slimyem: Interesting...
Oyibo sabi waste money to watch mumu sointin sha...undecided
Poverty talking. When man turn Vulture, Nigerians paid police to watch.
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Caracta(f): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Why " Mike"? Why name him after my Mike? This is injustice! cry
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Funjosh(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
moscobabs: person wey no get head too fit live for 20 years

for where be that?
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Caracta: Why " Mike"? Why name him after my Mike? This is injustice! cry

Mike404?
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Donmichaelz(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
D funny part is my name is mike my GF told me to log in nairaland,guese she was afraid to call me Head less mike,dear Mod next time use another persons name like seun,mukina,and most of all stephanie
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by joeace2020(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
harlos: What a wonderful God!

Headless chicken that lived for 18 months shocked
I'm not doubting God but it is very hard to believe.

Ohh stop f ooling urself naaa.... God this God that yl scientists hv explained it all... Africa ohh Africa... Diz r ur inhabitants.. SMH
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Caracta(f): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
9jacrip:

Mike404?

Mike419 grin grin
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by passionate88: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow. Make I go find my neighbour turkey

1 Like

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Unfortunately for chickens all over the country, Mike’s popularity lead to a string of people trying to behead their birds in just the same way

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by seangy4konji: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
A cat ate it...
Freiburger: so what happend to the head?
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by miky(m): 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I wonder what African Christians would have said about this Chiken if it were in Nigeria...

Blame it on the #Juju

instead of we africans to see the science behind it.. or try and research the reason it lived or died.. we put everything on god or the supernatural and go back to sleep.. we are a clueless bunch for real!!

the head contains the brain which basically stores all the somas and dendrites of our central nervous system.. it constitutes our own sympathetic control of things.. however there are still functions like sleep, heart beat,sex drive, fight or flight, digestive processes that are peripheral or primeval.. they don't require our thoughts or control.. its why you can go to sleep without your heart stopping its beat patterns..

also the brainstem provides alot of hormones, especially the cortisol hormone which i suspect might have led to the death of the chicken..its a stress hormone, which is produced by brainstem that houses the medulla oblangata, pons, hindbrain etc etc..the fact it wasn't severed is reason the chicken didnt die in a few minutes or hours..

P.S: this is for those africans who really want to know.. not the other africans ones think everything is god's work dullards..

2 Likes

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Caracta:

Mike419 grin grin

LMAO tongue tongue
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by miky(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
joeace2020:

Ohh stop f ooling urself naaa.... God this God that yl scientists hv explained it all... Africa ohh Africa... Diz r ur inhabitants.. SMH

i tire for our people.. the internet is here, yet people cant educate themselves.. only looking for youtube videos, bbm and trash stuff..

infact there is a video of a man who died for 48 hours.. his oxidized blood was drained and replaced with a concuction of warm blood, adrenaline and other solutes with the help of a pump which served as a heart.. the dude woke up, looked at everybody in the room, tried talking but made growling sounds, he lived for 20 minutes before they turned the pump off.

i work in the scientific field as a researcher.. believe me humans can now create humans.. even humans with extraordinary capabilities.. obviously ethics prevent it from being in the public..but my african brothers are so far behind in thinking and contemplating its so sad..we might NEVER catch up!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICXAFFxWgk

1 Like

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Rawpidgin(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
oya, bomboy! karo! make unna go catch that my native fowl come & tell mama ifeayin to give u im axe make i try my luck weda this chicken go give fame & fortune
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
our prseident is headless and he has been living for 5o something years so this is no big deal

1 Like

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by nneh1(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
austinenice: abeg make una help me ask dem how the folw take they chop?
[color=#990000][/color]wear your glasses and read
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by nerodenero: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mobsync:
1. Like many other celebrities.
2. Mike may be gone, but he’s far from forgotten. At least in his hometown of Fuita anyway.
3. The town hosts an annual “Mike the Headless Chicken Day,” the third weekend in May.
4. As they say on the official “Mike the Headless Chicken” website, “Mike’s will to live remains an inspiration. It is a great comfort to know you can live a normal life, even after you have lost your mind.”
To say this much about a headless chicken is really fascinating. Wish many good things would be said of me when I am long gone.
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Ogadtop(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
braine: Wonders shall never end• Its weird that this news is not coming from China this time
what has God got to do with this again?
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by chreldb(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I wonder what African Christians would have said about this Chiken if it were in Nigeria...

Blame it on the #Juju

They would have said the chicken belongs to you!! grin
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by joeace2020(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
rigormortis: our prseident is headless and he has been living for 5o something years so this is no big deal

though i dont lyk him but did u hv to drag him into this
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by joeace2020(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
chreld_b:

They would have said the chicken belongs to you!! grin

well said
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Arosa(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lloyd Olsen’s axe barely missed the jugular vein, and left an ear and the majority of the bird’s brain stem unharmed.

headless, really? more like Mike the half head chicken lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
thats quite inspiring,so its gonna be cool to inspire some heels n bird brains with this chicken story...ok no names here..
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by UjSizzle(f): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
shocked Wow i wish Bobby could do that.
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
WTF!!
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! shocked
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
JONATHAN wud'v been the perfect name for dear old Mike
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
rigormortis: our prseident is headless and he has been living for 5o something years so this is no big deal
..well at least tha headless chicken would be proud of being brainy than you are,only difference is that u broke mike's years-without-head record...so make a sound lets hear...and AHA! Its D DEKPE,another headless,brainless bloke there^..
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Akiika: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
They surely would have said it was the blood of that prevented the chicken from dying.

And other Nigerian ignoramuses would have said the chicken was some witch woman that couldn't change back to human.

1 Like

Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by Akiika: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2013

They surely would have said it was the blood of that prevented the chicken from dying.

And other Nigerian ignoramuses would have said the chicken was some witch woman that couldn't change back to human.
Re: Mike The Headless Chicken That Lived For 18-Months by infiniteloop(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Adiye Iya Osogbo!

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone / Things You Didnt Know Were Invented By Kids / See Two Men Fly Above Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.