Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

“rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies (2209 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Replies Blogger Who Wrote An Open Letter To Her And Tonto Dikeh / Mode 9 Vs Muna...........wot An Attitude ,,,did Muna Screw Up Or Is She Cool !!! / Mode 9 Vs Mi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by quickygirl(f): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
:The AGONY of a Nigerian RAPPER::

“Rapper MODE 9 in Tears as Nobody Bought His Latest Album”

…Another Rapper, RUGGEDMAN Adviced Him to Get a New JOB or Quit Rapping…

Popular Nigerian Rapper Ruggedman has responded to Mode 9 recent emotional outburst that no one cares about his style of music by telling the rap icon to change his style or quit.
Ruggedman was talking on hot fm's breakfast radio show and said “Mode 9 is not the only one that does the non-commercial kind of rap.

Basically if you are an entertainer you can’t do music for yourself that’s why you are an entertainer.
Rugged Man ‘IF People you are made to entertain are not entertained, you should do one of two things…get another job or adapt’ am not saying this to be funny or anything’
If something is not working anymore the least you can do is try and adopt to what’s up’ ‘Even in America at a point it was all Eastside …then Westside, you can’t do anything about it, if you can’t shape up, you shape out’

‘I actually started writing ‘ehen’ song in English but paul play advised me ‘you are in Nigeria, make music for Nigerians, add the local language so people could understand, I put a little comedy to it by bringing in Normoloss.
‘It’s not about how good you are but how smart you are. I have said it ‘i don’t want to be ‘he can rap kinda artist’ but ‘to be a successful artist’. ‘Switching your style doesn’t make you any less of a human cos at the end of the day ‘what you have achieved is what would be asked.

Mode 9 had recently lamented the neglect of his type of non commercial rap saying that He dropped an album ‘alphabetical order’ earlier this year and no one cared.

GUYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What is your advice for MODE 9?
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by Afam4eva(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Choi, this ruggedman na wicked guy grin
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by bigt2(m): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rugged! U know u just cut a brother huh
Anyways, they are both rappers @ 40 grin
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by infobiz9ja(m): 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
I reckon Ruggedman & Mode 9 having some beef back in the day & mode 9 trashing rugged man if ruggedy Baba is looking 4 a rematch he has gotten 1.
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by mrcassanova(m): 5:32am On Aug 26, 2013
Seriously its between the east and west in the us. If you can follow dem, den you are on your own. Same applies to mode 9, naija peeps no dey find lyrics na Jam of life most of us want.
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by Rawpidgin(m): 8:26am On Aug 26, 2013
drop flow wen women & children go fit relate with, in naija illitrate many pass educated people, so stop rapping in queens english.
thats why wen people dey say mode 9 tight die i dey surprise because i nor dey feel am well.
how u won take sell 4 naija wen u nor get catchy chorus, u dey rap like who dey yanky
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by Shwarz: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2013
big-t:
Rugged! U know u just cut a brother huh
Anyways, they are both rappers @ 40 grin
Whaaaaaat? They are now 40 years old?
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by Lolitua(f): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Guy go luk 4 sumtin else 2 do....#simpu as abc
Re: “rapper Mode 9 In Tears As Nobody Bought His Latest Album” Rugged Man Replies by haryor1986(m): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na true ruggedy baba talk jare. Naija music don pass rap song nw. See ruggedy baba wey collabo wit terry G for "push" I like dat song die. Mr mode 9 try sumtin new.gud luck bro ( nigerian girls still dey ring 4 my head ooo)

(1) (Reply)

( Uncle Wayward ) A Nigeria Comedy Movie By Mr Ibu Alias John Okafor / Davido’s Skelewu Competition!in The Toilet,in Office N In Super Skimpy Shorts.. / Kemi Olunloyo Confirms Bianca Ojukwu And Fani Kayode's Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.