Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) (1035 Views)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / Business To Start Here In Lagos / Which Lucrative Business Can One Start Here In Lagos Nigeria: Someone Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by crestime(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
I've been thinking about this for sometime now. Is it not possible to start a Nigerian version of fiverr here on Nairaland? we can possibly have a typical model where experts in different fields can offer to take up relative task and get payments of let's say N1000 after completing the task. As for legitimizing the process, we can vote in a moderator to act as the middleman in the task agreements. I solely believe that this can open up a whole new industry in Nigeria starting from here on Nairaland. People -especially unemployed graduates can earn good monthly income online offering their expertise and doing just what they know how to do while start ups on relatively tight budgets could get tasks completed cheaply on this platform. This platform if well implemented could enrich our economy while making it easy for businesses to outsource cheaply and run on reasonable budgets-thereby curbing the unemployment menace.

I've been hearing so much noise about this fiverr by the so called experts in Nigeria. My problem with this fiverr awareness is that most of these experts offer next to nothing to newbies but an urging to take the fiverr risks. yes, doing fiverr from Nigeria is a big risk- talk about the 'gigs thing' most of the newbies find hard to understand and also the almighty confusion of trying to burn your fingers and dash all your money to those 'oyibo' people opening paypal accounts. one thing about Nigerians as a whole is that we like complex things- we simply get a simple thing and make it complex.Will it not be more reasonable to have a Nigerian fiverr version where you can get paid directly into your bank account for offering a reasonable service? The opportunity is right before our noses. I believe Nairaland can offer the perfect starting place for all of us to kickstart this fiverr revolution and create Nigeria's own online workplace. Think about this
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by Chlbenze: 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
what is fiverr all about
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by chikeorji123(m): 5:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Chlbenze: what is fiverr all about

In short words is willing to offer a service no matter how challenging it is for N1000.
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by bloglover(m): 6:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Its not a bad idea, after all it bridges d transaction gap as well as promote hidden creativity
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by crestime(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2013
bloglover: Its not a bad idea, after all it bridges d transaction gap as well as promote hidden creativity
Yeah, I believe It's more than a good idea and very workable too. We need to start thinking of the internet as a leverage to help solve our own physical problems and not a dream land where money grows on trees. So, let's start this fiverr right here and help ourselves.
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by crestime(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Chlbenze: what is fiverr all about
fiverr is simply an online marketplace company based in the united states that connects people with service providers. services are mostly bought from $5 upwards. service providers simply place a gig(a classified notification of the services they are willing to provide and for what amount)and interested parties can opt in to get such service provisions while paying through Fiverr for legitimacy purpose. Fiverr mostly payout to their basic users through paypal. This paypal is notoriously not accepting Nigerians but some persons in nigeria have been able to manoeuver their way though at their own risks. But here on this thread we are trying to build something indegenous that can provide a typical marketplace just like the fiverr concept FOR NIGERIANS ONLY. This would help our businesses startup cheaply and also provide employments from the comfort of our homes. I think this is a good idea
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by crestime(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2013
There is only 2 main ways to make money whether online or offline:
1. fulfill a need
2. solve a problem
you must be willing to offer your expertise, creativity and uniqueness in solving a person's problems or answering to their needs before you ever dream of receiving payments. and for memory sake, There are more than 1001 persons in nigeria looking for problem solvers. Also, there are more than 1001 persons looking to offer their skill in solving problems. is it not reasonable to create a matching service to help fulfill their dreams? we must create a workplace for us to thrive. I believe Nairaland is the best networking platform we have and we should start from here. Nairaland fiverr will connect service providers with service seekers for a token of N1000. So let me give it a start. I am willing to pay N1000 for 500 facebook likes. Anybody?
Re: Nairaland Fiverr (let's Start Here) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
Fiverr is indeed a good way of making money online.
But you have to understand that as a Nigerian on fiverr you wont have as much clients as an American even if you offer better services. This is because of Nigeria scam reputation.

A quick solution to this problem is to register as an American and also provide your clients with a US phone number.

Where to get USA phone number that rings on your line here in Nigeria?
I provide US phone numbers for clients within and outside Nigeria.
The US phone number is capable of making calls, receiving calls and also sms.

For more info visit Usacallsms. com or reach me on +2348124042953.

I can grant you a free trial of 20mins if you drop a request on this nairaland thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/1417258/get-usa-phone-number-calls#17756029

(1) (Reply)

6 Simple Ways Of Promoting Your Facebook Page And Get More likes / Where Do I Get An Industrial Hand Mixer In Lagos(picture Within) / Please I Need Advice On How To Invest 50, 000 On A Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.