Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (59999 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Coke Does To Your Body In 1 Hour / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by imperiouxx(m): 7:53am On Sep 17, 2013
1) In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

2) 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment).

3) 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

4) 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

5) (a) 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

(b) 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

(c) 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas.

Source: blisstree.com

14 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Ina2k(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2013
fine write up. Its all true. Coke can kill

4 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by demelza: 8:42am On Sep 17, 2013
Zeus save me from this Coke addiction.

4 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by deols(f): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2013
I never liked coke anyway. The company should be bycotted ASaP.

Honey is a much better sweetener than sugar. With its other, albeit many unproven other uses, is highly recommended.

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by dominique(f): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Well coke has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years. There used to be a tim ei took a bottle almost everyday but i've reduced my intake of soda all together.

8 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by deols(f): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
dominique: Well coke has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years. There used to be a tim ei took a bottle almost everyday but i've reduced my intake of soda all together.

Dietary intake aren't usually a direct cause of illness. Most of the time, they cause a BUILD UP. In this case, taking so much sugar for a long time increases the adipose tissue(fat)..the blood takes in so much and the vessels become atherosclerotic (walls become lined with fat). They could clog the vessels or a part of it may break off(embolus) and travel through the blood stream.

along the cause of travelling, they may clog tinier blood vessels like those of the brain, leading to stroke

or those of the heart, causing Myocardial infarction ----> heart attack

etc

Many people are satisfied with keeping to their lifestyles as they don't see an immediate health risk.

But prevention is ALWAYS safer, less expensive and definitely better than cure.

24 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
That's why i stick to ICED GREEN TEA.....all natural!

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by sKeetz(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
How do I comment on a post? Please advise angry

4 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
well i don't drink it anyway..so i'm good. kiss

#WATERismypreference

6 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by rymesgentility(m): 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
COKE mehn am afraid of anything dat hurts my fine fresh body life no get duplicate

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
engineerd: That's why i stick to ICED GREEN TEA.....all natural!

cool

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by BabaAlabi: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
This one na super story.....
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
it gives me migraine...i love coke though but one bottle equals almost two days of some excruciating head-breaking migraine..i intentionally avoid it.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by presiade(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmm
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Lakayanah: 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
He who has ears let him hear a word is enough even for addicts.

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by joshuaidibia(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ina2k: fine write up. Its all true. Coke can kill
#shaking my small head# dnt dciv urself. Beer kills faster.

9 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
I don't take that sh*t since inception of the word inception.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Love coke

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
dey go gree hear word.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
dey go gree hear word?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by switdil(f): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
The picture wey u post sef dey make d thing hungry person
I pray God answer my pray on coke matter quick

Nice one OP

5 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by nerodenero: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
deols: I never liked coke anyway. It should be bycotted ASaP.

Honey is a much better sweetener than sugar. With its other, albeit many unproven uses, it is highly recommended.
shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by joshuaidibia(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
@OP. It wud b a tin of joy 2me if u cn pls update thngs beer cn do 2d body in jst 10mins. I already knw number 1,which is highness. U cn start 4rm number 2.

11 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by capip120(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
There was a time i read in one of those ancient magazines called indigo magazine dat my father had kept in his archive there it was reported that coke kills the sperm in men, as if that was not enough now this?
Nawa i haven't stopped laughing since then; although it made me cut down the excesses i had in coke now dis one wan make me stop to dey drink coke gabadaya?!! Never!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
If coke no kill person, beer go kill person, if beer no kill person wine go kill person, motor, gun accident, sumtin must kill person... Even rice fit kill sef, bone fit choke u till u die... The world is full of killers, you re dead already if u kip watching evrytin u swallow, I mean, what is life worth

33 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Reski2500(m): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
I stil dey manage agege bread nd water wit guguru nd epa, i neva reack coke level sef

5 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by lolaluv1(f): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric: it gives me migraine...i love coke though but one bottle equals almost two days of some excruciating head-breaking migraine..i intentionally avoid it.

At least Thank God you have identified the trigger of the migraine. Sebi the next thing is to avoid coke noni. As for me, I don't know what it is....sad
Maybe stress...
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by simplemyk: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Water is always preferable and d best weneva thirsty for liquid

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Every country has got their own recipe for the Coca Cola and quantity of its composition but her basic Chemicals are

H3PO4 (Phosphoric Acid)
C6H12O6 (Fructose)
CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)
C8H10N4O2 (Caffeine)

So this your Analysis is disturbing to the ordinary man, because if what you just copy pasted on here is what it really is, then half of the world should have been wiped out by now considering the high demand for their products. you should be talking about the composition of other strong drinks that has fast negative effect on the body system and not coke.

8 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by SamConquer(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Informative
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
what about Fanta,Pepsi,or Miranda.....is it only coke?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.