Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University (13195 Views)

Oau Post Ume For 2013/2014/admissions/oau Vibes On Fb/ / I Need Information On University Of Abuja Post Ume For 2009 / Post Ume For Uniuyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by Alexanda07(m): 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2008
Dear Jambites, please incase you are reading through this forum, you must bear in mind that some of the info you read are false and are intended to deter intending admission seekers their high spirit of gaining admission into their various institutions. As for me, I was admitted to NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA in the 2007/2008 Academic Sessions into the department of Computer Science with a JAMB score 229 and a Post UME score of 70/100. That was the only JAMB exam I ever took. We were 73 being admitted into the department and That list that came out was a merit list, with my name in the 34th. therefore, i urged you all not to relent on your effort towards achieving academic excellence.
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by okonsbaba(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2008
Thanks On behalf of those who wish to come to AWKA. but pls be plain to them and make u no use them chop office, cos U dont know who is who.They might be the one 2 help you later in the future.thanks,
dis na OKONSBABA.

Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by Alexanda07(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY
    OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
    2008/2009 POST UME SCREENING EXERCISE

Nnamdi Azikiwe University has scheduled its 2008/2009 Post UME screening exercise, for candidates who chose the University as First Choice.

1. SCREENING EXERCISE DATES: 23rd - 25th JULY, 2008
   A. Wednesday 23rd July 2008
   Faculty                                      Venue
       i) Arts                                             Central Utility Building
       ii) Education                                   MultiPurpose hall
       iii) Engineering                               Managment Science
       iv) Environmental Science              Environmental Science (Annex)
       v) Law                                            Faculty of law, faculty of social sciences, Rufai Garba
                                                             Square, Auditorium

B. Thursday 24th July 2008
  Faculty                                       Venue
       i) Health Sciences & Technology     Central Utility Building
      ii) Medicine                                       Faculty of law, faculty of social sciences, Rufai Garba
                                                              Square, Auditorium
      iii) Natural Sciences                          faculty of managment Sciences

C. Friday 25th July 2008
      Faculty                                       Venue
     i) Managment Sciences                         Faculty of managment Sciences
     a) Business Administration,               
        Accountancy

b) Banking and finance, Cooperative           Faculty of Arts & MultiPurpose Hall
          Economics & Management, Marketing,
          Public Administration

ii) Social Sciences:
       a) Economics & Mass Communication     Faculty of law auditorium, Faculty of Social
                                                                      Sciences, Rufai Garba Square

b) Political Science, Psychology,             Central Utilty Building & faculty of 
            Sociology                                            Environmental Sciences

2. ELIGIBILTY
i) Candidate must have made Nnamdi Azikiwe University their first choice University.

ii) The general UME cut-off score is 200 except for
    Faculties/Department indicated in (b) below

a) Faculties with UME cut-off marks of 200
                    Engineering
                    Environmental Sciences
                    Health Scinces & technology
                    law
                    Management Sciences
                    Medicine
                    Natural Sciences
                    Pharmaceutical Sciences
                    Department of English (Faculty of Arts)

b) Faculties with UME cut-off score of 180
                   Arts (except Department of English)
                   Education

3)   REGISTRATION FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE

Registration shall start, on the 9th of July 2008 and closes on 21st July 2008.
     Candidate are to register online at this address
     http://campusportal.fleettechltd.com

Candidate are to scan on the online form their recent digital passport photographs
     showing showing both ears and no cap or eye glasses. Blurres photograph shall
      disqualify the applicant. Candidate are to Print the completed online form for
      presentation on the day of examination.

The PIN codes for the registration can be obtained from branches of any of the following
      Banks. The candidates will then proceed to any cybercafe of their choice for the online
      Registration.

Bank PHB
      Diamond Bank
      Fidelity Bank
      First Bank
      Intercontinental Bank
      Spring Bank
      UBA
      Zenith Bank

4) TIME AND REQUIREMENT FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE TEST

Accreditation of candidates commences at 9.00 a.m each day.
    Candidates are to report with:

i) Three (3) copies of their online registration forms showing their photographs.
    ii) HB Pencils and eraser

5)  RESTRICTIONS

i) No cell phones shall be allowed be allowed in the screening halls
ii) Only Bonafide Candidates shall be allowed access into the University
iii) Parents and Guardians are therefore strongly aadvised against attempting to enter
    the University campus.
iv) Candidates who did not register online shall not be admitted for the screening exercise.

NKOLI A. ONYECHI (MRS)
                                                    REGISTRAR
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by Alexanda07(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2008
My Unceasing prayers goes to those that will be partaking in this sessions 2008/2009 Nnamdi Azikiwe University Post UME Exam. I know what I saw and went through during my own time. It wasn't easy then for me, but God helped me to get the Admission. We entered the hall at about 10.00am, but the Exam actually started at about 3.00pm. You all should prepare for a 100 Objective Questions for 1HR, structured into 4 different subjects. Remember, Speed and Accuracy is the KEY. You may be stopped in less than the designated time. Wish you all GOODLUCK and Alexander will like to see and meet Admitted students of YEAR 1 in October 2008. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by mrben: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, NIGERIA

2008/2009 POST-JAMB SCREENING EXERCISE

The University of Ilorin invites candidates to participate in the 2008/2009 Post-JAMB Screening Exercise, which will hold between Monday, 11th and Saturday, 30th August, 2008. Each candidate must have obtained the necessary JAMB application form, and where necessary must have taken examination conducted by JAMB for that purpose.

Foreign candidates who have not taken part in the UME or filled Direct Entry form can reach the University Admissions Officer at admissionsofficer@unilorin.edu.ng for information on admission into the University. Foreign candidates will not be required to make any payment at this stage.

Eligibility

Candidates in the following categories are eligible:

A. UME candidates who made the University of Ilorin their first and/or second choice and scored:

(i) a minimum of 200 points in the UME for courses other than Medicine (MB;BS) and five 'O' level credits in relevant subjects
at not more than two sittings.

(ii) MB;BS candidates must obtain:
(a) a minimum of 240 points in the UME; and
(b) five credit passes at one sitting only in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent in each of
the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

B. The 2007/2008 Remedial Students of the University of Ilorin.
(All Remedial Students are required to participate in the Post-JAMB Screening Exercise.)

C. DIRECT ENTRY candidates who made University of Ilorin their first and/or second choice and have obtained a minimum of:

(i) Upper Credit at OND/HND or Diploma (except for Statistics, Agriculture, Performing Arts and History, where lower credit may be
considered);

(ii) Merit in NCE;

(iii) a minimum of two Advanced level passes in two relevant subjects.

For MB;BS, candidates must:

(a) earn a minimum aggregate of 13 points in IJMB or GCE Advanced Level Examination in the relevant subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics

OR

(b) obtain a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) Honours Degree in Zoology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology,
Biochemistry and other relevant courses in the basic sciences.

D. CHANGE OF UNIVERSITY OR COURSE

The University is aware of the pressure from candidates who did not choose the University as either 1st or 2nd choice, and are now willing to make it their 2nd choice. Such candidates, after successful change of University or course through JAMB on or before July 31st, 2008 can now register for the screening exercise.

All such candidates must strictly disclose the choice of courses and Universities they applied for originally with JAMB as well as any proposed change of course.

E. Candidates awaiting 'O' level and/or 'A' level results are eligible to register. After the initial registration, such candidates should visit the University of Ilorin website (www.unilorin.edu.ng) to update their results between 12 noon Friday, 8th and 12 noon on Friday, 22nd August, 2008.

VENUES OF SCREENING: University of Ilorin will use two Prometric Centres for the administration of the 2008/2009 Screening Exercise:

a) University of Ilorin Main Campus, Ilorin; and

b) Adebayo-Akande Centre, No.1 Oba Akran Road, Ikeja, Lagos.

Candidates can choose either of the two Centres for the screening exercise. Once the choice of centre is made, the date and time for the screening are automatically assigned and communicated via the e-mail addresses and the cell phone numbers provided.

ONLINE REGISTRATION FEE: Candidates are required to make payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) to any of the underlisted banks and obtain a receipt and e-Tranzact reloadable card which contains the card number and pin number to be used for the online registration. This amount consists of One thousand, five hundred naira (N1,500.00) registration fee to the University of Ilorin and the sum of One thousand, five hundred Naira (N1,500.00) to the Prometric Service provider (Joint Komputer Kompany Limited - JKK).

LIST OF BANKS ON E-TRANZACT PLATFORM

ACCESS BANK PLC, AFRIBANK PLC, BANK PHB PLC, ECOBANK PLC, FIDELITY BANK PLC, FIRST BANK PLC, FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC, FIRST INLAND BANK PLC, GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC, INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, OCEANIC BANK PLC, SKYE BANK PLC, SPRING BANK PLC, STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC, STERLING BANK PLC, UNION BANK PLC, UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC, WEMA BANK PLC and ZENITH BANK PLC.

Log on to www.unilorin.edu.ng to read the detailed registration procedure for the Post-JAMB Screening Exercise. The registration is in Two Steps. After completing Step 1, candidates must print out the registration slip, which must be brought along for the screening exercise. Candidates will conclude their registration by completing Step 2 for their scheduling of venue, date and time of the screening test. Candidates must print out the schedule slip which must also be brought along for the Screening Exercise.

NOTE

a. Online registration for the 2008/2009 Post-JAMB Screening is between 12 noon on Wednesday, 23rd July and 12 noon
on Wednesday, 6th August 2008.

b. Every candidate will be required to provide an e-mail address and cell phone numbers of his/her parent or guardian in addition
to his/her own.

c. Candidates are expected to be at the Screening Centre one hour before the scheduled time.

d. Any candidate who fails to come for the screening exercise automatically forfeits the chance of being considered for admission.
e. Withholding of information or provision of wrong information will lead to instant disqualification.

f. The University of Ilorin does not condone impersonation and any other form of examination malpractice. Offenders shall be
handed over to the law enforcement agents for prosecution.

Signed

Mrs. Olufolake O. Oyeyemi
REGISTRAR

Go Back
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by mrben: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2008
For dose interesting I pray for our success
Lets meet there and break the record, this is a free information
from my Desk Right from Abuja, National Bureau of statistics
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by samsmart1: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
I applied for UNIZIK, this year as my first choice(Medicine) and I had 243 in JAMB. But there is this rumor that UNIZIK is placing the cut off mark for Medicine at 250, so I'm confused, and now the media has it that some schools aren't conducting the post UME TEST (aptitude test). Please I would like to know the recent developments about the Post UME.
Thanks
Sam-Smart.
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by kentos2cul: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2009
pls u guys shuld help mi cos am lost,i need an information on wen the post ume is coming up asin 2009/2010.pls any info u ave for mi u can holla mi at 08064118081,i will be highly greatful,thankx and god bless u all,
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by Alexanda07(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2009
Dear Nairalanders, I hope you all have seen the wonderfulness of the 2009/2010 UNIZIK Post UME. Well, the Admission list will soon be Out. Therefore, keep abreast of the list. Unizik rounded up their 2008/2009 academic session this July 2009 and will be resuming by 9th Nov. 2009. The Admission list usually comes out 2 months after the PostUME. That means, the Admission list may be out by August or September 2009. But, never too worry, when the list is out, definately, You all will be notified by my Post right here on NAIRALAND. Once again, I welcome you all to NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA by November 2009. But I will say to you all that you should remember Phil 4:6. Have failth and believe that all is well with your admission because with faith, trust God, you CAN move mountains and You CAN see 'The Stumbling Blocks' as 'Stepping Stones'. GoodLuck to you all and God bless. 08038787872- AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE 24HRS
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by Saintvictor: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2010
Unizik has started selling its 2010/2011 direct entry form. The form is sold for 1,600. The exam date is 5th Oct. 2010. Interested candidate should hurry now and buy it before it closes. For more info on this, call Victor on
Re: 2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University by agalu: 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2010
[flash=200,200]http://pls i want to know if de result placement is out at awka because i went for that exam my name is AYANMAKINDE TAIWO COMPUTER SCIENCE PLS 08074305079[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Have Girlfriend In College / Best Graduating Student With 6.5CGPA Out Of 7.0CGPA At University Of Ibadan / The Origin Or History Of Magazine And News Paper In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.