Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Traveling To Turkey With E-visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Turkey With E-visa (12976 Views)

Do Schengen And Mexico Visa Still Valid For Turkey E-visa / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes / Get Your Georgia Student E Visa: 07089210267 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by fischer77(m): 1:43am On Oct 09, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,

I recently secured a 6 months Mexican visa with the intention of traveling to turkey with the recently introduced e-visa.
I understand the e-visa is valid for 30 days, however, I'm traveling to turkey seeking greener pastures.

Pls I need advice on how to extend and or legalize my papers.
I also need tips on how to survive, like aduro house .
How much do I really need to stay alive in 30 days issued on the e-visa?
What do I need? I'm hoping to arm myself with info.

I understand you'll advice against me traveling, pls that isn't of no use now as I'm not changing my stance.

Pls help as this is highly needed and will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by naijaspeak(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Fischer77, Congratulation first of all for securing a mexican Visa. For those who do not know why you acquired a mexican Visa in the first place, Mexico is an OECD country and like Chile one need it to get a visa to Turkey under the E-visa scheme being done by Turkey. Nigerian passport holder can not apply directly for the E-visa except by first of all getting a visa to mexico or getting a visa to chile. The only option for a Nigerian traveller who do not want to go through stress for an E-visa is to apply the normal way without the use of the internet as all the E-visa processing is done only through online and once your application is received it processed and sent through the computer without the need of the applicant physically present at the Turkish embassy., As for Turkey, this is not the best of time to go there as the current Turkish Prime Minister Mr Erdogan is facing a challenge to his government with constant street protest in places like Instanbul and Ankara. The Syrian refugee from the war in Syria is also having its effect on Turkey as hundreds of Syrian flee to its next door neighbour Turkey. Turkey is currently faced with internal crisis from the current street
protest and the syrian refugee crisis. It is obvious you want to use Turkey to enter the Schengen countries. But I do know western europe or schengen countries life is still tough due to the euro crisis ( bail out ) and some of these countries like Greece is just recovering. As for Turkey, you can find work as an English Teacher but the monthly pay is not high but good enough to pay your rent and feed yourself. Some employer might
want to pay you money to cover your flight cost and also help you arrange your visa to secure your residency. Before going to Turkey it is important you search for teaching opportunities online. For a foriegner it is not easy to secure a job abroad but you can start with a teaching job. But you must have a Bachelor degree or an International english teaching certicate such as Tefl or Tesol. You can take the Tefl or Tesol on the internet even though it is a little expensive as you have to pay in dollars. Without a Bachelor or first degree or Tefl or Tesol qualification you can not secure a teaching job.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by wip7: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2013
fischer77: Hi Nairalanders,

I recently secured a 6 months Mexican visa with the intention of traveling to turkey with the recently introduced e-visa.
I understand the e-visa is valid for 30 days, however, I'm traveling to turkey seeking greener pastures.

Pls I need advice on how to extend and or legalize my papers.
I also need tips on how to survive, like aduro house .
How much do I really need to stay alive in 30 days issued on the e-visa?
What do I need? I'm hoping to arm myself with info.

I understand you'll advice against me traveling, pls that isn't of no use now as I'm not changing my stance.

Pls help as this is highly needed and will be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

I will write based on the fact that i know Turkey quite well not by reading on internet but personal practical experience. Take note of the bolded part in your questions.

First, the E-Visa granted to you is based on the fact that you will either be a Tourist or Business person. So You wont be able to obtain LEGALLY, residence permit in Turkey with such visa. The residence permit procedure is easy but requires documentations and you have to fall in one of the following categories: workers (with work permit or visa), valid students, married to a Turkish, business owners, property purchase and some categories of tourists from selected countries. Each one of these requires you to proof that you can sustain yourself during your stay in Turkey (Around 300-500USD for tourists monthly) and proof of accommodation or paid hotel.

Tourists are not allow to work LEGALLY and some categories of work are not meant for foreigners unless no Turkish citizen that can take up such job. Due to Language barrier it may take longer time or difficult to actually secure jobs (casual or labour intensive). You will need a TAX number to benefit from banks or major facilities in Turkey and you can only obtain TAX NUMBER if you reside Legally in Turkey, example some embassy dont collect fee directly from you when you apply for visa in Turkey like Chinese embassy, you will need to pay the visa fees into Garanti bank and the bank will need your TAX NUMBER to pay into the bank....so its becomes unbearable life!

To be employed as English Tutor, you will need to have TESOL or TEFL certs and mostly teachers from country which English is their NATIVE will be far consider over Teachers from acquired or official Language countries.

Many more you have to consider before you make your move...

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by fischer77(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
wip7:

Hey,

I will write based on the fact that i know Turkey quite well not by reading on internet but personal practical experience. Take note of the bolded part in your questions.

First, the E-Visa granted to you is based on the fact that you will either be a Tourist or Business person. So You wont be able to obtain LEGALLY, residence permit in Turkey with such visa. The residence permit procedure is easy but requires documentations and you have to fall in one of the following categories: workers (with work permit or visa), valid students, married to a Turkish, business owners, property purchase and some categories of tourists from selected countries. Each one of these requires you to proof that you can sustain yourself during your stay in Turkey (Around 300-500USD for tourists monthly) and proof of accommodation or paid hotel.

Tourists are not allow to work LEGALLY and some categories of work are not meant for foreigners unless no Turkish citizen that can take up such job. Due to Language barrier it may take longer time or difficult to actually secure jobs (casual or labour intensive). You will need a TAX number to benefit from banks or major facilities in Turkey and you can only obtain TAX NUMBER if you reside Legally in Turkey, example some embassy dont collect fee directly from you when you apply for visa in Turkey like Chinese embassy, you will need to pay the visa fees into Garanti bank and the bank will need your TAX NUMBER to pay into the bank....so its becomes unbearable life!

To be employed as English Tutor, you will need to have TESOL or TEFL certs and mostly teachers from country which English is their NATIVE will be far consider over Teachers from acquired or official Language countries.

Many more you have to consider before you make your move...

Mr Wip thank you for your very informative rsponse. I've read several threads where you've offered for help without relent. God will bless you.
However I'll like to write you personally so I can ask certain questions. Pls kindly write me on randyamuna@gmail.com.

Thank you again
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by joxiri: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
@poster
The chances of you securing entrance into turkey with your mexico visa is 50-50 when u get to istanbul they will hold u down and do thorough checks on your visa
So make sure your visa is genuine before flying otherwise u wud be on the next flight to lagos
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by souleymon(m): 1:12am On Oct 15, 2013
he who get ear make he hear.

just make sure you get money pending the months you go without job
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by fischer77(m): 4:54am On Oct 15, 2013
joxiri: @poster
The chances of you securing entrance into turkey with your mexico visa is 50-50 when u get to istanbul they will hold u down and do thorough checks on your visa
So make sure your visa is genuine before flying otherwise u wud be on the next flight to lagos

Bro the visa is genuine. Have confirmed it already

souleymon: he who get ear make he hear.

just make sure you get money pending the months you go without job

How much do I need to sustain per month in turkey? Got any idea?
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2013
Dear friend. Its very easy to secure a residence permit for 6 months on arrival.what you need to do is to apply for language programe on arrival.so the skul will asist you for your permit at police station.name of school is ISTAMBUL AYDIN UNIVERVESITY.the tuition is affordable(450 dollars).goodluck.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by fischer77(m): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Haustraliah: Dear friend. Its very easy to secure a residence permit for 6 months on arrival.what you need to do is to apply for language programe on arrival.so the skul will asist you for your permit at police station.name of school is ISTAMBUL AYDIN UNIVERVESITY.the tuition is affordable(450 dollars).goodluck.

Thank you for the very important info. Are you currently in turkey?

God bless.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Came back after my programe
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by keystone123(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Haustraliah: Dear friend. Its very easy to secure a residence permit for 6 months on arrival.what you need to do is to apply for language programe on arrival.so the skul will asist you for your permit at police station.name of school is ISTAMBUL AYDIN UNIVERVESITY.the tuition is affordable(450 dollars).goodluck.
can someone apply for this school from nigeria and apply for visa at the embassy or it only meet for those people in Turkey already. Best regards, Thank you.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by Neyoallstar: 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Please guys i just got my 30 days E-Visa and i just need some information maybe i can fly to turkey with my Ordinary passport without have shenge visa please guys i need help about this information
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by oloriesther(f): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2013
fischer77:

Bro the visa is genuine. Have confirmed it already

How much do I need to sustain per month in turkey? Got any idea?
\

Goodmo5rning House,
@ fischer77, please how did you confirm whether your mexico visa is genuine? My sis just got a mexico visa we will want to confirm if it genuine cos I have heard some visas are fake.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by joxiri: 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Take your sisters visa to mm and ask the people that do check in to have a look with their computer, they will charge u upwards of 3k sha
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by ifekayodee(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2013
Ofcourse,poster was right.just find ur way 2 turkish stand @MM,there are people who will authenticate the visa for u and they charge around 2/3k.gudluck!
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by ewere101: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2014
please is this applicable to other European countries like denmark, Norway? As if I go with a tourist visa and then apply to a language school can I get residents or work permit with thr help of the school?
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by extrovert6(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls how can I get a visa to attend a conference in Turkey, the link, and procedure pls.
And can I also consider e visa
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by iyb(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2014
You can get the E-Visa if You Have a Valid US,Uk or Shengen Visa
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by extrovert6(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
iyb:
You can get the E-Visa if You Have a Valid US,Uk or Shengen Visa
I don't have those
Pls tell me d doc required to get a visa at their embassy
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by teevodaprinz(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2015
Where are the people who ask questions base on Turkey visa, schooling and residence permit? Are you finally in Turkey now... If yes, tell us your experience here.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by alberbo(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
You can also get a resident permit within 2 mnths if you come to Turkey with E-visa. And also with Mexico visa, South korea visa you can get the Turkey E- visa, but be sure it is genuine visa,or else entry will be denied.
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by nicerichard05: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
alberbo:
You can also get a resident permit within 2 mnths if you come to Turkey with E-visa. And also with Mexico visa, South korea visa you can get the Turkey E- visa, but be sure it is genuine visa,or else entry will be denied.

Sorry, how can somebody apply for an e visa
Re: Traveling To Turkey With E-visa by alberbo(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
You can apply and get thecTurkish E-visa if u have any of these Visas;Usa visa,Uk visa,Shengen visa,Mexican visa,South korean visa,Isreali visa

(1) (Reply)

Tier 2 UK Visa Enquiries / Nigerian Embassy In Italy Is A Shame. / I Need Advice About My Interview In Germany Embassy Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.