Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) (930 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Did Christ Actually Take Away The Sins Of The World? / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2013
Proverb 18:21.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
PSALM 34:12-13.
What man is he that desires life and loves many days that he may see good?
13.keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking guile.
JAMES 1:26.
If any man among you seems to be religious and bridles not his tongue, but deceives his own heart this man's religion is vain.

Sins of the tongue we commit commonly everyday are as follows:

1. Lying: this is one of most common sins man his taken for granted.

Psalm 101:7.
He that works deceit shall not dwell within my house. He that tell lies shall not tarry in my sight.
PROVERBS 19:9.
A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaks lies shall perish.
PROVERBS 12:22.
Lying lips are abomination unto the lord. But they that deal truly are his delight.
You can see Acts 5:1-11, proverbs 19:5, psalm 109:2,

2. Boasting.
Daniel 4:29-32.
At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.
30. The king spoke, and said, is not this great babylon that i have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power and for the honour of my majesty?
31. While the word was in the king's mouth there fell a voice from heaven saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar to you it is spoken: the kingdom is departed from you.
32. And they shall drive you from men and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, they shall make you eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the most high rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomsoever he will.
PSALMS 52:1.
Why boast you yourself O mighty man? The goodness of the lord endures forever.
PROVERBS 27:1.
Boast not yourself of tommorow for you know not what a day may bring forth.
Also see James 3:5, Ezekiel 35:13-15, psalm 49:6-7.

3. Slandering(evil speaking).

James 4:11.
Speak not evil one of another bethren, he that speaks evil of his brother, and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law, and judges the law: but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
Psalms 101:5.
Whose secretly slanders his neigbor, him will i cut off... Psalm 50:19-20.

4. Backbiting and gossiping.
Psalm 15:3.
He that backbite not with his tongue nor does evil to his neighbor, nor take up a reproach against his neighbor.
ROMANS 1:30.
Backbiters, haters of God, spiteful, proud....
2 CORINTHIANS 12:20.
For I fear, lest when i come, i shall not find you such as i would, and that i shall be found to you such as i would not: lest there be debates, envyings, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults.
Proverbs 25:23.

5. False witness.
Exodus 20:16.
You shall not bear false witness against your neigbor.
Proverbs 19:5a.
A false witness shall not be unpunished...
Proverb 21:28a.
A false witness shall perish..
Read psalm 35:11-12.

6. Blasphemy.
Colosians 3:8.
But now you also must put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Read Rev 13:4 -6.

1 Like

Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Alwaystrue(f): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2013
@OP,
Thank you for this. May we by God's grace use our tongues and 'hands/fingers' (what we put down in words/letters) to speak life to the hearers and establish God's kingdom wherever we go and in whatever we do.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2013
7. Tale bearing.
Leviticus19:16.
You shall not go up and down as a tale bearer among your people neither shall you stand against the blood of your neighbor, i am the lord.
Proverbs 11:13.
A talebearer reveals secrets but he that is faithful conceal the matter.
Proverbs 26:22.
The words of a talebearer are as wounds and they go down into the innermost part of the belly.

8. Insult and Abuse.
Ephesians 5:4.
Colosians3:8.
Matthew 5:22.
But i say to you that whomsoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of judgement and whomsoever shall say to his brother Raca, shall be in danger of the council but whomsoever shall say you fool, shall be in danger of hellfire.

9. Flattery.
Psalm 12:3.
The lord shall cut of all flattering lips and the tongue that speaks proud things.
Psalm 5:9.
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth, their inward part is very wicked, their throat is an open sepulcher, they flatter with their tongue.
1 Thessalonians 2:5.
Proverbs 6:23-24.

10. Swearing.
Matthew 5:33-37.
Again you have heard that it has been said by them of old time, you shall not swear falsely but you shall perform to the lord your oaths.
34. But i say to you, swear not at all, neither by heaven, for it is God's throne,
35. Nor by the earth, for it is his footstool, neither by jerusalem, for it is the city of the great king.
36. Neither shall you swear by your head, because you can not make one hair white or black.
37. But let your communication be yea, yea, nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these comes from evil.

11. Cursing.
James 3:8-10.
But the tongue can no man tame, it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. Therewith bless we God, even the father, and therewith curse we men which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My bethren those things ought not to be so.

Romans 12:14.
Bless them which persecute you and curse not.

If you are commiting any of the above sin repent today. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
When you keep your tongue u keep ur life.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by boladex1: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
u r on point
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2013
bola-dex:
u r on point
tanks
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Proverbs 13:3.
He that keeps his mouth keeps his life but he that opens wide his lips shall have destruction.

Proverbs 15:2, 4.
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge aright but the mouth of fools pours out foolishness.
4. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2013
James 3:2.
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and also able to bridle the whole body.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by made2fit(f): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op, thanks. But how are backbiting, tale bearing, slander and gossiping different from one another. They are all the same to me .
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Proverb 6:2.
You are snared with the words of your mouth, you are taken with the words of your mouth.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Proverb 18:21.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
PSALM 34:12-13.
What man is he that desires life and loves many days that he may see good?
13.keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking guile.
JAMES 1:26.
If any man among you seems to be religious and bridles not his tongue, but deceives his own heart this man's religion is vain.

Sins of the tongue we commit commonly everyday are as follows:

1. Lying: this is one of most common sins man his taken for granted.

Psalm 101:7.
He that works deceit shall not dwell within my house. He that tell lies shall not tarry in my sight.
PROVERBS 19:9.
A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaks lies shall perish.
PROVERBS 12:22.
Lying lips are abomination unto the lord. But they that deal truly are his delight.
You can see Acts 5:1-11, proverbs 19:5, psalm 109:2,

2. Boasting.
Daniel 4:29-32.
At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.
30. The king spoke, and said, is not this great babylon that i have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power and for the honour of my majesty?
31. While the word was in the king's mouth there fell a voice from heaven saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar to you it is spoken: the kingdom is departed from you.
32. And they shall drive you from men and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, they shall make you eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the most high rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomsoever he will.
PSALMS 52:1.
Why boast you yourself O mighty man? The goodness of the lord endures forever.
PROVERBS 27:1.
Boast not yourself of tommorow for you know not what a day may bring forth.
Also see James 3:5, Ezekiel 35:13-15, psalm 49:6-7.

3. Slandering(evil speaking).

James 4:11.
Speak not evil one of another bethren, he that speaks evil of his brother, and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law, and judges the law: but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
Psalms 101:5.
Whose secretly slanders his neigbor, him will i cut off... Psalm 50:19-20.

4. Backbiting and gossiping.
Psalm 15:3.
He that backbite not with his tongue nor does evil to his neighbor, nor take up a reproach against his neighbor.
ROMANS 1:30.
Backbiters, haters of God, spiteful, proud....
2 CORINTHIANS 12:20.
For I fear, lest when i come, i shall not find you such as i would, and that i shall be found to you such as i would not: lest there be debates, envyings, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults.
Proverbs 25:23.

5. False witness.
Exodus 20:16.
You shall not bear false witness against your neigbor.
Proverbs 19:5a.
A false witness shall not be unpunished...
Proverb 21:28a.
A false witness shall perish..
Read psalm 35:11-12.

6. Blasphemy.
Colosians 3:8.
But now you also must put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Read Rev 13:4 -6.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by DKJaleel: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2013
Jesus was guilty of offence no 1, 6 and 11...
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by woky: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: When you keep your tongue u keep ur life.
True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross

pls dnt teach what you dont practice
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by POPEII: 7:48am On Dec 10, 2013
woky: True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross

so true
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by POPEII: 7:50am On Dec 10, 2013
DK Jaleel: Jesus was guilty of offence no 1, 6 and 11...
how dare u ? lipsrsealed
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by woky: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2013
POPE II: so true
i pray he accept the truth

you knw say truth no dy sweet grin
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by POPEII: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2013
woky: i pray he accept the truth

you knw say truth no dy sweet grin
he can't lmao
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by Ukutsgp(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2013
woky: True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross

u can break ur head for all i care.
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by POPEII: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: u can break ur head for all i care.
christlike attitude much?
Re: 11 Sins Of The Tongue(beware) by woky: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: u can break ur head for all i care.
clown grin

no b ur fault..

How i wish truth is sweet

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways The Prosperity Gospel Is Hurting Africa / Crossing One,s Leg In Church / Oyedepo Denies Saying He Will Open Gates Of Hell To Jonathan's Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.