Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,736 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra (3269 Views)

Picture Of I-Go-die Wearing A Kilt / Picture Of Wizkid Wearing A Skirt / There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by JuicyGee(f): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
The Bra Facts
•8 out of 10 women wear the wrong sized bra.
•Most women wear their bras 1 – 1 ½ inches too big in the band and 1 cup size too small.
•If you gain 5-7 lbs, your bra size will change.
•Your bra size changes during your menstrual cycle.
•Bra sizes are inconsistent between different brands.
•Well-made bras last up to 100 washes and wears before they change size.
32, 34, 36…Don’t Underestimate The Number!
There are two parts to your bra size: your band size, which is the measurement around your ribcage and back right under your breasts (also known as the number part of your bra size), and your cup size. The band is one of the most important factors of your bra, but is usually overlooked by cup size. The band gives your bust support while the cups simply give you the comfort of fit. That explains the drastic changes in the results of my bra fitting, me being slim and with big boobs (34D). My cups size were ok,, but the band were big giving me lesser support—

What Happens When You Wear the Wrong Bra Size?
Wearing a bra that doesn’t give the proper support has some permanent effects to your body’s appearance. If you’re wearing the wrong bra size, you run the risk of stretching out your breast tissue and the main ligaments (akasagging— every woman’s biggest fear that comes with aging and, well, gravity). This can lead to the two words that women do not dare say in public—stretch marks. Sagging and stretch marks cannot be undone but wearing a bra that gives you proper support can prevent them.
Wearing the wrong size can cause your body strain depending on whether your bra is too big or too small. This can lead to future physical problems such as back, chest and neck pains, as well as restricted breathing. It’s best to avoid and prevent all these negative effects by wearing a bra that fits comfortably and gives you the proper support.
Signs That You’re Wearing The Wrong Bra Size
1. You always wear your bra on the tightest hook.
So many girls like the feeling of their bra feeling as tight around their bodies as possible, thus they hook their bra on the last clasp (usually the third one). In reality though, girls should be able to wear their bra on the first clasp, the hook with the loosest fit.
→ What that means: Are you able to pull your bra strap over an inch away from your back? You need to throw out that bra! If you’re finding that your bra is too loose when it’s on the first hook that means that either the band is worn out, or that you need to go down a band size.
2. Your bra straps are too tight on your shoulders.
Bra straps shouldn’t cut into your shoulders—your band provides 80% of the bust support, while your straps should only be giving 20% of the support. If your straps are cutting into your skin, that means they’re giving too much support and are adding strain to your shoulders, which can lead to shoulder and back pains.
→ What that means: Your chest is not getting enough support as you’re forcing your shoulders and straps to provide support. You need to go down a band size. The smaller your band size, the more support for your bust and the less strain on your shoulders!
3. You have bulges at the top or the sides of your bra.
If you lift your arms above your head, the band of your bra should lie flatly against your ribcage. Your cups should completely contain all of your breast tissue. You shouldn’t have underwire poking at your sides or causing bulges on your sides—aka give your armpits boobs!
→ What that means: You’re wearing too small of a cup and too large of a band. Bras that are too small in cup size will compress your breasts and form bulges on your sides. While many women like to wear a cup size smaller for the look of larger breasts, it is actually uncomfortable, doesn’t give proper support and causes unnecessary strain to the body. There should be no breast tissue spilling out anywhere else besides inside your cups!
4. Your bra has wrinkles.
If you wear cloth bras, you’d be able to see if there are any wrinkles or puckering on the cups. There may also be extra fabric at the top, all which doesn’t look great under clothes.
→ What that means: The cups of your bra are too large for your chest so they wrinkle. You need to move down a cup size. Your bra shouldn’t have wrinkles if it fits properly.
5. The gore (middle fabric between the cups) doesn’t touch your skin.
The gore is the fabric that connects the cups of your bra at the front center. Is the gore of your bra pushed forward, away from your skin? The gore should rest flatly against your chest wall.
→ What that means: The gore doesn’t rest against your chest wall when the cups are too small. You need to move up a cup size so that the band is able to give you proper support.
“Should I Get Fitted?” The Answer is YES!
After my fitting, I learned that I was way off on my bra size.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
[size=20pt]Wetin i find reach here angry[/size]
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by JuicyGee(f): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Other signs also could be;
* The straps slide off of your shoulders.
* The underwires lift off of your rib cage.
* The underwires rest on your breast tissue
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by Lawconfessor(f): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ayam_Kay: [size=20pt]Wetin i find reach here angry[/size]

Pictorial view grin grin
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by icebebe(f): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ayam_Kay: [size=20pt]Wetin i find reach here angry[/size]
hopin u'd use ur vaseline,sowieee
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by ladykee: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
very informative article. i actually have challenge getting my actual bra fit. is there any where in lagos that i can be fitted by bra professionals if there is such?/
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good info, OP.
Re: 5 Signs That You Are Wearing A Wrong Bra by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
ladykee: very informative article. i actually have challenge getting my actual bra fit. is there any where in lagos that i can be fitted by bra professionals if there is such?/

Oh yes, there is this plaza on the right-hand side of Ligali Ayorinde roundabout in Victoria Island. The plaza that has Every Woman, Bella and Skye bank. Its painted blue in color. I cant remember the name of the complex sha. There is a lingerie store downstairs and they take your fitting for you.

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Lip Gloss / Girls Nowadays Dress Lyk Babies / Nigerian Male Model, Ugo Osmunds (the Prodigal Son Is Home)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.